Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 6 unique listeners, playing sad

Important Rules
user posted image

• Post everything about Initial D Extreme Stage in this section.
• Do not create new threads that have already been covered by pinned threads. This may result in a verbal warning.
• Do not post fake times in the time attack thread. If we find out about it, it will result in an actual warning.
• Bring about your discussions on personal opinions (cars, courses, etc.) in a civil manner. Flaming and/or baiting will not be tolerated and may result in a verbal warning. Subsequent offenses will result in an actual warning.

ATTENTION: Initial D Extreme Stage works globally online, but only on the Japanese version.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

3 Pages  1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 17,024  ·  Replies: 62 
> Wheel Discussion Thread, Logitech Driving Force. Pro, GT, and G25
Mac (SM)
  Posted: Jul 8 2008, 12:06 AM

IDW Jr. Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 25,819

hello i bought extreme stage and it is in the mail but i need a steering wheel so which one is the best (or at least on that will work for initial d) i do like the shifter on the left so if you know one with it on the left that would be cool thanks every one
flubbachany
Posted: Jul 9 2008, 05:58 AM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 29,845

Here are your main options:

Logitech G25 (most expensive, check online for pricing)
3 pedals - clutch, brake, accelerator (clutch only in supported games)
separate gear box - you can move it as you wish. Has a 6 speed, gated H pattern gear shift with a reverse gear. Can also be changed into sequential mode.
900 degrees steering (in supported games)
Force feedback
Leather wrapped wheel
Aluminium wheel and aluminium pedals

Logitech Driving Force Pro (DFP)
Force feedback
Sequential gear shifter on the right
Basic pedal box

Logitech Driving Force Pro GT (DFPGT)
All the features of DFP
PS "Home" button
Orange dial and + and - buttons (used in selected games such as GT5: Prologue)
Light up horn button in the centre
Same size as a G25
Force feedback better than DFP, nearly the same as G25.

Basically, if you play other racing games and want ultra realism, I'd recommend the G25. It is well worth the price. Build quality is supreme. If you're only getting this for ID:ES and don't intend to play any serious racing sims, then either a DFP or DFPGT would do you fine.

Look them up on Google images to have an idea of what they look like.
-ShinRei-
Posted: Jul 9 2008, 08:17 AM

The Legendary R Master

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 29,882

QUOTE (flubbachany @ Today at 5:58 AM)
Here are your main options:

Logitech G25 (most expensive, check online for pricing)
3 pedals - clutch, brake, accelerator (clutch only in supported games)
separate gear box - you can move it as you wish. Has a 6 speed, gated H pattern gear shift with a reverse gear. Can also be changed into sequential mode.
Force feedback
Leather wrapped wheel
Aluminium wheel and aluminium pedals

Logitech Driving Force Pro (DFP)
Force feedback
Sequential gear shifter on the right
Basic pedal box

Logitech Driving Force Pro GT (DFPGT)
All the features of DFP
PS "Home" button
Orange dial and + and - buttons (used in selected games such as GT5: Prologue)
Light up horn button in the centre
Same size as a G25
Force feedback better than DFP, nearly the same as G25.

Basically, if you play other racing games and want ultra realism, I'd recommend the G25. It is well worth the price. Build quality is supreme. If you're only getting this for ID:ES and don't intend to play any serious racing sims, then either a DFP or DFPGT would do you fine.

Look them up on Google images to have an idea of what they look like.

Thanks a lot,does it have the same touch as those in the arcade?
flubbachany
Posted: Jul 9 2008, 05:10 PM

IDW Full Member

No, it'sd kind of hard to explain this part...for something like Initial D:ES, you won't be used to it at first because you're so used to the arcade physics of the arcade game. The wheel on teh arcade cabinets was designed exclusively for this. However, These Logitech wheels are designed with racing simulators in mind. These wheels are perfect for simulators such as LFS and GT5:P and have a great feel and response.
sannin
Posted: Jul 9 2008, 05:51 PM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 15,080

i tried my driving force gt for the first time today on gt5p.... i suck so bad.... controller feels so much better. im gonna have to get used to it.
flubbachany
Posted: Jul 9 2008, 05:53 PM

IDW Full Member

You'll get used to it and learn to love it =P
I remember when I first got my DFP I couldn't keep my Skyline in a straight line at all! Now I love my wheel!
razorsuKe
Posted: Jul 9 2008, 08:35 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 12,243

Moved to Extreme Forum
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Paulabusa
Posted: Jul 9 2008, 08:42 PM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 30,042

in my country , all cars are right hand side driving (meaning gear shift on the left)....

i was afraid to get the DFGT because the gear shift is on the right. nevertheless i got it and thank god i got it.... because i found a much better way yo shift gear. that is by using the flaps behind the steering.... as cool as the newer cars with the shifter behind the steering wheel.....

Thumbs up for the DFGT. Cheap and good....

G25 would be ideal but too over budget....
BOZZ
Posted: Jul 9 2008, 10:05 PM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Member No.: 1,414

I am thinking of getting a G25 but I also need a wireless router and a copy of ID:ES first hehehe...
MzdaspD
Posted: Jul 10 2008, 07:26 PM

RE雨宮~wtfbbq!

Member No.: 30,047

G25's clutch wont support ID:ES, and you have change it to arcade style (up and down shifting) instead of 6 speed or you could keep it 6speed.
DFP was the best wheel for Special Stage i heard. I have the DFP but my copy of IDES wont be coming until July.31 T_T
XxAznBoixX
Posted: Jul 13 2008, 12:22 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 24,306

I love my G25. I used it for GT5 and its amazing. I'm hoping to get ID ES soon
MAZDA FC
Posted: Aug 6 2008, 03:46 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 23,217

I have the Logitech DFP, the one made for GT4 years back.
Does this justify the IDES gaming experience? or should i sell it and get the new GT version.
Also Considering, the G25, which costs considerably more than the other two.

(USER WAS VERBALLY WARNED FOR THIS POST)
  - Details: Verbal warning has been issued to this post by Tessō on Aug 6 2008, 10:02 PM.
  - Reasons: Dupe thread
MzdaspD
Posted: Aug 6 2008, 03:52 PM

RE雨宮~wtfbbq!

https://idforums.net/index.php?showtopic=34822&hl=wheel

Please use the search button next time.
Silfa
Posted: Aug 6 2008, 03:52 PM

Time Attack Session!

Member No.: 25,308

this actually should be in the FAQ, but to answer your question. I only have the new DFP. I think its pretty decent for the money I spent on it. keep running fast times with it. i think alot of people are using the DFP though.
Rx78
Posted: Aug 6 2008, 05:30 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 30,270

i think G25 (turn off the ffb) is the best for ides, in addition u can put the gear stick on the left for shifting (some of the odd corners, i.e akina uphill 5 hair last corner) instead of using f1 shifters.
Tessou
Posted: Aug 6 2008, 09:58 PM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

...aaaaaand I descend on this thread after getting back from work. Good times. Tesso likes to work his magic on dupe threads.

*Merged*

This post has been edited by Tessō on Aug 6 2008, 09:59 PM
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
henshin
Posted: Aug 13 2008, 09:49 PM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 25,560

I just got the driving force GT, is the wheel suppose to be stiff during play? I don't mind it, but is there any way to make the steering a bit loose?
MzdaspD
Posted: Aug 13 2008, 10:53 PM

RE雨宮~wtfbbq!

yeah, there is settings for that in the game. Check our translations thread and look for the settings translation
Silfa
Posted: Aug 14 2008, 10:20 AM

Time Attack Session!

Member No.: 25,308

henshin, you have the one with the red dial right? i'm using that one, but even if you switch the setting to min. the difference is min honestly. you'll get used to it soon enough. just keep playing and try to adjust, play iro for a while it helps lol
henshin
Posted: Aug 14 2008, 10:56 AM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 25,560

yeah, got the one with the red dial, I'm loving it so far smile.gif The only thing is, I don't have a stable desk to mount it to. I have it mounted to a piano chair, with shoelaces strapping it down LOL, I should post pic XD
MzdaspD
Posted: Aug 14 2008, 10:58 AM

RE雨宮~wtfbbq!

oh, I bought a wheel stand pro from my friend for cheap. But he used the G25 so I had to be ghetto and put 2 decks of cards so my DFP could clamp on to the stand because the DFP clamp cant go all the way up.
here are some pics

user posted image
user posted image
Soran
Posted: Aug 14 2008, 01:12 PM

Driving on the road of life..

Member No.: 3,498

I'm using the DFP for this game, which i got for cheap during the recent Play-Asia octopus catching sale. I've also tried the game with my fren's G25 and honestly speaking it didnt bring much more to the driving experience.

Not enuff certainly for me to blow the SG$450+ for the G25 here in Sinagpore. i got the DFP for SG$190 with shipping from PA, and the DF-GT cost SG$299 here

The position of the DFP's shifter isnt too much of an issue since i use the paddle shifters anyway (it's faster). The main reason i got it however is that since it was released in 2003 there's a long list of driving games (many of which i have) which are compatible with it...

This post has been edited by Soran on Aug 14 2008, 01:16 PM
icedagger
Posted: Aug 26 2008, 02:11 AM

Slowpoke...

Member No.: 18,773

Hi. I just got the game a few days ago, and after getting a bit frustrated using the controller, I'm considering getting a wheel. I have a few questions before I go and buy it though:

1. How far do you have to turn the wheel to get the maximum turning angle? Or is this adjustable?
2. Is playing with a wheel merely a convenience, or is it required to run decent times ? (2-3 seconds off MR?)
3. How different is the handling between IDES /w wheel and IDAS4?
Soran
Posted: Aug 26 2008, 06:15 AM

Driving on the road of life..

Member No.: 3,498

QUOTE (icedagger @ Today at 6:11 PM)
Hi. I just got the game a few days ago, and after getting a bit frustrated using the controller, I'm considering getting a wheel. I have a few questions before I go and buy it though:

1. How far do you have to turn the wheel to get the maximum turning angle? Or is this adjustable?
2. Is playing with a wheel merely a convenience, or is it required to run decent times ? (2-3 seconds off MR?)
3. How different  is the handling between IDES /w wheel and IDAS4?

1) The Logitech Driving Force Pro, Driving Force GT and the G25 all have what is known as 900 degrees steering, which means that its capable of turning 450 degrees in either direction almost like an actual car and similar to the arcade machine's wheel. Other wheels only have 200 degrees steering. It's a worthwhile investment to get a 900 degrees wheel since a lot of good racing games support this feature like IDES and GT5:P

2) I would say playing with the wheel is significantly better than using the controller. I've yet to try IDES with a normal controller but i recently tried ID: Special Stage with my new DFP after playing it for years with a controller. The difference is like heaven and earth.

3) Handling is exactly the same as the arcade, however the wheel may take some getting used to since even the largest Logitech steering wheels are significantly smaller than the arcade wheel (the G25 and GT are 11 inches in diameter, the DFP is 10 inches)

This post has been edited by Soran on Aug 26 2008, 06:16 AM
BDDEE@
Posted: Aug 26 2008, 07:24 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 21,568

QUOTE (icedagger @ Yesterday at 8:11 PM)

3. How different is the handling between IDES /w wheel and IDAS4?

i just got mine last week
project light revival? xD

3 Pages  1 2 3