Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 6 unique listeners, playing Derreck Simons - Station to Station (B4 ZA Beat Remix)

Important Rules
• Please use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread will result in a verbal warning.
• Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.
• Post your requests in the pinned threads. If your request does not belong to any existent pinned threads, please start a new topic.
• Please use Post Icons when starting new topics, to state the purpose of your topic and to have a better visual classification.

NEW RELEASES: Super Eurobeat 221 (23 January 2013), Super Eurobeat Presents Initial D Fifth Stage D Selection (08 February 2013), Super Eurobeat Presents Initial D Fifth Stage D Non-Stop Selection (08 March 2013), Initial D Fifth Stage Sound File (08 March 2013), Super Eurobeat 222 (20 March 2013)

Special Link(s): EUROBEAT.go2id (SEB Album Collection Site) (New Site), Revive Music Section (Donation Tracker)

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

3 Pages  1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 20,153  ·  Replies: 58 
> $200 plan to revive Initial D Music section, Questions welcomed
Perry
  Posted: Oct 6 2008, 11:59 AM

Like an eagle!
Group Icon

Group: SITE OWNER
Member No.: 1

This idea is not new or innovative by any chance. I believe someone did mention it before in one of the threads here. Basically, a portion ($200) of our donation reserve funds will be designated to purchase authentic Super Eurobeat / Initial D albums. Albums will be shared within the community upon arrival.

We will sell back the album to the community 7 to 14 days afterward. One lucky member will be able to purchase the album for half of the original price. A raffle ticket system will be installed for this to select the lucky member. The member must be on the forums for at least one (1) year and have more than 100 posts. (Exceptions accepted depending on the situation, i.e. you have contribute a lot but only one month shy of one year membership.)

It is a win-win situation. Everyone gets to listen to the music and one member can obtain the album for half of the original price. This is to encourage those who complain about the pricey tag for SEB albums to actually start buying them. However, leeching will be inevitable. We plan to do the initial three albums a free for all kind of thing. (That means even guests can get them.) After that, we might start to increase the minimum requirement to 10 posts in order to obtain these songs.

I've turned this proposal to the Moderating Team. If there is no major disagreement, then this is a go. Either way, we'll see how it works out. If it becomes a complete failure and everyone just leech, then we won't continue it.

https://idforums.net/index.php?act=donate
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
awdrifter
Posted: Oct 6 2008, 01:26 PM

IDW Goldmember

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 15,255

I agree with this. I'd probably buy a few mega-mix albums if they are half price.
Lebon14
Posted: Oct 6 2008, 01:38 PM

🎧

Member No.: 18,005

I'll be getting the monthly album by myself but those album like Love Para2, The Best Of the year, Gazen Para Para related CDs, Super GT and all the albums that are released aside, I'm fully in. Because, I'll be able to get an album that I'm not fully interressed in for half price.

...Oh man... I have a feeling of guilt of accepting that promise. I'll be a full leecher like that... sad.gif

But, I'll do my part with donations.

This post has been edited by Lebon14 on Oct 6 2008, 01:38 PM
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Tessou
Posted: Oct 6 2008, 01:43 PM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

By donating, you shouldn't feel like a leech. By donating, you're letting Perry use that money to buy new albums for everyone's benefit, including your own, so you could say that you're essentially buying the album. That should cast away any doubts about leeching since you're actually buying into the program. happy.gif

I've already donated a while ago for the forum, but I'm totally willing to do it again since IDW is pretty much my life online. biggrin.gif
Alastair
Posted: Oct 6 2008, 06:04 PM

SNTS

Member No.: 27,312

i would love to help out with the $200.00 but im broke.
TypeR76
Posted: Oct 6 2008, 06:07 PM

IDW Special Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 29,700

Good idea but I am still short of many things. laugh.gif
Lebon14
Posted: Oct 6 2008, 06:21 PM

🎧

I just donate 10$US
I hope many people will donate so we can have many Eurobeat albums.
Holland Close
Posted: Oct 6 2008, 07:23 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 21,793

Very tantalizing idea indeed. I wonder if purchase of those rare Eurobeat albums(like Paradise! Eurobeat) are considered, thought I'm sure priority goes to SEB and other more major/recent releases.
InitialDRulz
Posted: Oct 6 2008, 08:45 PM

Over One Billion Double Penetrations

Member No.: 2,912

umm Alastair o_o read Perry's post again. he doesn't need $200, he's using $200 from the donations he received.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Takumi Trueno
Posted: Oct 6 2008, 09:30 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 2,098

I bought albums before for the forum. I would like to help out again. happy.gif
Alastair
Posted: Oct 6 2008, 11:14 PM

SNTS

Member No.: 27,312

QUOTE (InitialDRulz @ Today at 8:45 PM)
umm Alastair o_o read Perry's post again. he doesn't need $200, he's using $200 from the donations he received.

pinch2.gif welp there i go again, not reading before posting XD...btw 666th post FTW

This post has been edited by XalastairX on Oct 6 2008, 11:15 PM
DXPetti
Posted: Oct 7 2008, 12:37 AM

IDW Special Member

Member No.: 11,807

If he gets the go a head I am more than happy to put a few bob in each month!
Fad
Posted: Oct 7 2008, 12:50 AM

Member No.: 7,924

This idea (or something similar) has been crossing my mind for the past couple of weeks, and it sounds like a good idea to me.

I personally don`t want physical cds (I prefer digital downloads), but that`s a great idea for a raffle, for those who do....

but would it be the case that only people who have donated to this system will be able to get the tracks at a reasonably high quality ? Maybe that should be the case ?

and a comparatively lower quality set of links for evaluation purposes available for those who do not donate, so they can still hear and review them rather than make do with the pitiful samples that are usually available.

Then they can make up their own minds as to whether they want to donate and get the links OR order the cd if they want.

Either way, this will help a lot of people who can`t afford every release, and the hassle of having to deal with overseas stores....and also for people like me who don`t actually want a physical disk delivered, yet can`t easily get hold of decent digital downloads at a reasonable quality and price.

I`m up for it and will be watching this thread for rules and more info smile.gif

abe81
Posted: Oct 7 2008, 12:51 AM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 10,988

No problem, win win situation is the best move.
awdrifter
Posted: Oct 7 2008, 02:45 PM

IDW Goldmember

We're giving the chance to buy the album (after it has been uploaded) for half price right? Not just buying a raffle ticket for half price of the album.
Perry
  Posted: Oct 7 2008, 02:52 PM

Like an eagle!
Group Icon

QUOTE (awdrifter @ Today at 3:45 PM)
We're giving the chance to buy the album (after it has been uploaded) for half price right? Not just buying a raffle ticket for half price of the album.

That is correct. And raffle tickets are free of course. (You won't even need DPoints.) It's limited to one ticket per person and there will be minimum requirements for that similar to the Eurobeat / Initial D request album.
Faded
Posted: Oct 7 2008, 06:07 PM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 22,044

Will uploads be at 320kbs???
Fad
Posted: Oct 8 2008, 01:46 AM

So the free raffle tickets will be given to those who want them, for the chance to buy the actual physical disk for half price ?

and how do we go about getting the digital version, do we have to make a donation at a specific time (so many days or weeks ahead) or will there be a system devised to keep track of what`s going on ?

Presumably a list of rules will be posted when it`s all sorted out. ?

I left my brain behind this morning pinch2.gif
Lebon14
Posted: Oct 8 2008, 07:14 AM

🎧

QUOTE (Faded @ Yesterday at 10:07 PM)
Will uploads be at 320kbs???

Yes, it will be ripped like that.

QUOTE (EuroFad)
So the free raffle tickets will be given to those who want them, for the chance to buy the actual physical disk for half price ?

and how do we go about getting the digital version, do we have to make a donation at a specific time (so many days or weeks ahead) or will there be a system devised to keep track of what`s going on ?

1. Yes. If the person that is drawn, the person will have the chance to buy to buy the physical album for half price.

2. You can do a donation whenever you want and the CD will be ripped in 320kbps and then, shared to the public online. Then, a lucky member will be able to buy it half-price with the raffle ticket system

3. There will be rules if everything works well, indeed.

(That's what Perry thought about for the least, correct me if I'm wrong)
Joruji
Posted: Oct 11 2008, 06:06 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 16,629

Its a great idea , i agree =)!
Lebon14
Posted: Oct 11 2008, 07:01 PM

🎧

Guys, you should look at the header of the music section (the place where the rules are). There is a link where you can donate specifically to get Eurobeat albums!

Guys, you should donate! Even 5$US is OK!
awdrifter
Posted: Oct 12 2008, 02:45 AM

IDW Goldmember

Just donated $5. Sorry to donate so little, hopefully I can help out more later on.
Perry
  Posted: Oct 12 2008, 03:01 AM

Like an eagle!
Group Icon

QUOTE (awdrifter @ Today at 3:45 AM)
Just donated $5. Sorry to donate so little, hopefully I can help out more later on.

Sorry, there was some error with Paypal, I had to deny the payment. Please try again now. sweatingbullets.gif Thanks !!
Fad
Posted: Oct 12 2008, 03:09 AM

Thanks, that looks simple enough...

can someone just clarify the situation concerning anonymity & personal info passed on by PayPal....who will be able to access the information etc ? smile.gif
Perry
  Posted: Oct 12 2008, 03:11 AM

Like an eagle!
Group Icon

QUOTE (EuroFad @ Today at 4:09 AM)
Thanks, that looks simple enough...

can someone just clarify the situation concerning anonymity & personal info passed on by PayPal....who will be able to access the information etc ?  smile.gif

Only I have access to all donations info including the main ones. It has been this way since I created the site. My Paypal account has been established since 2003 and it's mainly used for donation purpose. smile.gif

I am still in the process to automate the process of making donations info show up on the list. As of now, I still have to add each donor, donation date, and donation amount manually each time.

This post has been edited by Perry on Oct 12 2008, 03:13 AM

3 Pages  1 2 3