Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 7 unique listeners, playing Kyouichi's Theme

Important Rules
1 2 3 4
Initial D Latest News
  • Initial D Fifth Stage has ended with 14 episodes. [confirmed]
  • A theatrical version of Initial D is confirmed for release in August 2014. [Official Thread]
  • UPDATES : Animax has confirmed that Final Stage will be available on its subscription-based VOD (Video On Demand) service starting May 16th, 2014. It will continue where Fifth Stage left off. Consist of a total of four episodes, Final Stage will be focusing on the long-awaited final 86 vs 86 battle between Takumi and Shinji. [confirmed]
  • UPDATES : Avex has confirmed that the New Initial D The Movie will be a trilogy. First part of the trilogy is called Legend 1 -Awakening- slated for release in theaters on August 23rd, 2014 (Japan Only) [confirmed]

Please Follow These Rules
  • Please use the spoiler tag when posting content not yet covered by anime. Violator will be issued an actual warning.
  • Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
  • Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
  • Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

420 Pages  « 195 196 197 198 199 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 1,889,271  ·  Replies: 10,499 
> 頭文字D YM35 Vol.719-DREAM (end)29/07/2013 (T_T)
Phantom_R32
Posted: Jul 30 2010, 05:02 PM

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 1,277

They should just make OVA's for now. One OVA for Team 246, another for Team Katagiri and the 3rd OVA for Spiral Zero.
impreza0109
Posted: Jul 30 2010, 05:34 PM

IDW Special Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 32,250

i have to agree, they could make a movie or a 20-episode series already, based on the content they already posted. i just wonder why shigeno is taking this long?

maybe he intentionally does this to surprise us? omona. i think it's becoming bad now if that's what he's doing. he's losing more fans this way.

probably off-topic, but i really think shin should drive a toyota starlet. =)

This post has been edited by impreza0109 on Jul 30 2010, 05:40 PM
sargeta
Posted: Jul 30 2010, 07:16 PM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 35,901

You know, I'm one of those guys who are really patient, and I don't care if I have to wait a little more to see the end of this race, I agree that it is indeed quite a lot of drama between those three, but even so I like it.

Of course, I respect everyone's opinion, because I know that not everybody are like me, we have different opinions, but we do have something in commom: we all like Initial D. smile.gif

So, I think the only thing that we can actually do is wait, and we must trust Shigeno, he is the author, he knows what he's doing.
Möbius
Posted: Jul 31 2010, 12:09 AM

IDW Top Poster

Member No.: 3,524

QUOTE (sargeta @ 4 hours, 52 minutes ago)
You know, I'm one of those guys who are really patient, and I don't care if I have to wait a little more to see the end of this race, I agree that it is indeed quite a lot of drama between those three, but even so I like it.

Of course, I respect everyone's opinion, because I know that not everybody are like me, we have different opinions, but we do have something in commom: we all like Initial D. smile.gif

So, I think the only thing that we can actually do is wait, and we must trust Shigeno, he is the author, he knows what he's doing.

The bolded part is not necessarily true, but even if it isn't, there isn't much anyone can do about it. wink2.gif
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Tsyta
Posted: Jul 31 2010, 12:11 AM

IDW Banned Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 32,272

what they should do is have shinn ride a bike. and have greater luck than takumi.

cos takumi just has more luck than his opponents not skill, hes won almost all the races off luck.

if shinn has higher luck= gg takumi.
nibiruR32
Posted: Aug 1 2010, 06:14 AM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 35,610

QUOTE (Tsyta @ Yesterday, 12:11 AM)
what they should do is have shinn ride a bike. and have greater luck than takumi.

cos takumi just has more luck than his opponents not skill, hes won almost all the races off luck.

if shinn has higher luck= gg takumi.

Luck has nothing to do with Takumi's driving. I would elaborate, but most people wouldn't agree with what you are saying.
Tessou
Posted: Aug 1 2010, 10:40 AM

IDW Evil Administrator
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

Luck has come into play on a few occasions. Skill did not win some races.

- The race against Tachi would have been a failure had it not been for whatever ran across the road. In a skills vs. skills battle as it was before that incident, Takumi would definitely have lost as Tachi was a better driver.

- The race against Godhand also ended only by luck in what would have otherwise been a loss for Takumi.

So it seems that once he's pitted against a driver that is ostensibly better than him in driving skill, God takes notice and finds some way to ruin the better man's day.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
DeeezNuuuts83
Posted: Aug 1 2010, 11:16 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 25,374

QUOTE (Tyrael @ 35 minutes, 48 seconds ago)
Luck has come into play on a few occasions. Skill did not win some races.

- The race against Tachi would have been a failure had it not been for whatever ran across the road. In a skills vs. skills battle as it was before that incident, Takumi would definitely have lost as Tachi was a better driver.

- The race against Godhand also ended only by luck in what would have otherwise been a loss for Takumi.

So it seems that once he's pitted against a driver that is ostensibly better than him in driving skill, God takes notice and finds some way to ruin the better man's day.

I'll agree with the first one being about luck, but the second one wasn't entirely luck. Yes, Godhand was a better driver, but Takumi's youth and better endurance allowed him to push himself for a longer period of time, while Godhand couldn't take it anymore. Also, remember that Ryosuke had Takumi and Keisuke rest at the air conditioned hotel the night before.
Tessou
Posted: Aug 1 2010, 11:42 AM

IDW Evil Administrator
Group Icon

Endurance, maybe, but his car was stressed beyond its limits. There's also the fact that Takumi was completely ruined when he realized Godhand was using different lines every time and maintaining his time, while Takumi was steadily getting worse times. It was inevitable that Takumi would lose that race had it not been for Godhand getting sick. His car had already broken by that point. Even he didn't count it as a win.

Just look at the duct tape deathmatch. That spin would have put him into a guardrail yet it didn't.

Ryosuke's tires shouldn't have worn out so badly considering that he reduced his car's power and most definitely uses premium tires, yet they wore out.

Those races were won via factors outside of skill. Shigeno can't have his star player lose no matter what, and creates ways for him to win even in situations where it would be completely impossible. I understand that it's a manga and it's not real, but it's becoming more and more ridiculous and unbelievable as it goes on. What used to be a technical drama about racing cars has turned into a soap opera of impossible maneuvers, cheating death and 3-minute races lasting an entire year.
DeeezNuuuts83
Posted: Aug 1 2010, 12:02 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 25,374

QUOTE (Tyrael @ 19 minutes, 42 seconds ago)
Endurance, maybe, but his car was stressed beyond its limits. There's also the fact that Takumi was completely ruined when he realized Godhand was using different lines every time and maintaining his time, while Takumi was steadily getting worse times. It was inevitable that Takumi would lose that race had it not been for Godhand getting sick. His car had already broken by that point. Even he didn't count it as a win.

But it at least made SOME sense though. They had already gone for several rounds, and it really wears your endurance down a lot. Remember that Godhand was a guy in his 40s who hadn't raced (at least not against an opponent close to Takumi's caliber) in a while. Remember that Ryosuke was smart enough to explain to Takumi that he could "not lose" rather than try to beat his opponent, which is more or less what happened, as unlikely as it is. It's Godhand's fault for dragging the race out for so many rounds. He could've just taken that perfect line within the first few rounds and won.

Just look at the duct tape deathmatch. That spin would have put him into a guardrail yet it didn't.

But given Takumi's background, he's probably well aware of how to recover from a spin-out. It's not impossible, and Hollywood stunt drivers can do 360s and stay on the same path.

Ryosuke's tires shouldn't have worn out so badly considering that he reduced his car's power and most definitely uses premium tires, yet they wore out.

Not necessarily. Ryosuke explained that while staying behind Takumi, he copied Takumi's line and driving style (which is not what he usually does), which caused his car's front tires to wear down more quickly than normal, given Takumi's aggressive drifting style. He said it himself when watching Takumi drift when following him during the battle with Nakazato that he couldn't control his FC the way Takumi controls his own car.

Those races were won via factors outside of skill. Shigeno can't have his star player lose no matter what, and creates ways for him to win even in situations where it would be completely impossible. I understand that it's a manga and it's not real, but it's becoming more and more ridiculous and unbelievable as it goes on. What used to be a technical drama about racing cars has turned into a soap opera of impossible maneuvers, cheating death and 3-minute races lasting an entire year.

They were also won due to the other guy making a mistake. The most competitive drivers who get beat rarely drive at 100% while making no mistakes. Like I said before, Godhand dragged the race on for too many rounds, the guy from the tape match bumped Takumi really early and gave him a chance to recover (like how Kai Kogashiwa did the trick in his MR2 in stage 3 too early to the point where Takumi recovered and even succeeded at copying his strategy) and Ryosuke copied Takumi's style.

But it's not like some of those people never did anything shady themselves to put themselves in the lead. The tape match guy bumped Takumi while also having him try the tape match (which he had never done and was at a bigger disadvantage), and like him, Tomo even bumped Takumi's car to nudge him out of his line, which is what put him in the lead toward the end before the squirrel ran across the street.
Tsyta
Posted: Aug 1 2010, 03:06 PM

IDW Banned Member

niburur32: 1st of all look at all the posts above, and laugh at how ridiculous your previous comment was, i doubt you have even seen the intial d series, so from now on all your posts will be ignored by me.

anyways.

think of all of takumis races, always something gave in.

his 1st stage wins were more or less all by skill, as they were almost all on akina.

2nd stage.

vs evo 4, seiji didnt stick to simulation 3, thus lost...
vs evo 3, 86 blows his engine and loses, but kyoichi doesnt consider it a loss because it was a "simulation"
vs levin, skill win. wataru's loss of concentration.

3rd stage.

vs evo 3, only won because kyoichi let him take the lead and didnt even try pass him at anypoint, only aimed for the counter attack right at the end, which he failed. if sudo went all out ae86 would've been history.

vs mr2, most people forget the early jump wasnt the deciding factor, it was the leaves on the ground after the bridge i mean come on... leaves? really?

4th stage.

vs roadster: magically lifting car over the gutter win.
vs altezza: skill win, nobuhiko was a noob driver.
vs cappucino: just when everything was going to plan, bam started raining, gg cappo.
vs bunta: he lost, but it wasnt an official race.
vs evo 6: skill win, gangster racers are noobs.
vs civic: skill win, dice sucked ass.
vs civic: tomo was gonna win that race ez pz. then a squirl or what ever gets in the way and he loses by 1cm. gg
vs god hand, straight up loss, out skilled out driven, and god hand decides to pull over to throw up so takumi turtles by for the win. as god foot said, you could've just thrown up while crossing the finish line.

5th stage so far, we've had an opponents spoiler breaking, we've had wings and takumi driving his ae86 as a 4wd, we've had a noob s15 driver, and his next opponent looks like a 13 year old kid.

the only time takumi actually had skill wins was in 1st stage on akina.

Pleasing05
Posted: Aug 1 2010, 05:54 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 35,705

anyways.

think of all of takumis races, always something gave in.

his 1st stage wins were more or less all by skill, as they were almost all on akina.

2nd stage.

vs evo 3, 86 blows his engine and loses, but kyoichi doesnt consider it a loss because it was a "simulation"
vs levin, skill win. wataru's loss of concentration.

3rd stage.

vs evo 3, only won because kyoichi let him take the lead and didnt even try pass him at anypoint, only aimed for the counter attack right at the end, which he failed. if sudo went all out ae86 would've been history.

vs mr2, most people forget the early jump wasnt the deciding factor, it was the leaves on the ground after the bridge i mean come on... leaves? really?

4th stage.

vs altezza: skill win, nobuhiko was a noob driver.
vs cappucino: just when everything was going to plan, bam started raining, gg cappo.
vs bunta: he lost, but it wasnt an official race.
vs evo 6: skill win, gangster racers are noobs.
vs civic: skill win, dice sucked ass.
vs civic: tomo was gonna win that race ez pz. then a squirl or what ever gets in the way and he loses by 1cm. gg
vs god hand, straight up loss, out skilled out driven, and god hand decides to pull over to throw up so takumi turtles by for the win. as god foot said, you could've just thrown up while crossing the finish line.

5th stage so far, we've had an opponents spoiler breaking, we've had wings and takumi driving his ae86 as a 4wd, we've had a noob s15 driver, and his next opponent looks like a 13 year old kid.

the only time takumi actually had skill wins was in 1st stage on akina.

lol @ conflicting statements

Its fiction, get over it. might as well write shigeno an email telling how his writing is.

As i would like to answer your every statement, we will be off-topic since this is
頭文字D latest development !

This post has been edited by Pleasing05 on Aug 1 2010, 06:00 PM
Tsyta
Posted: Aug 2 2010, 03:41 AM

IDW Banned Member

QUOTE (Pleasing05 @ 9 hours, 46 minutes ago)

lol @ conflicting statements

Its fiction, get over it. might as well write shigeno an email telling how his writing is.

As i would like to answer your every statement, we will be off-topic since this is
頭文字D latest development !

was waiting for someone without a life to count all those up for me.

so hes only had 4 skill wins after stage 1, out of all his races.
kou yuuzhen
Posted: Aug 2 2010, 03:56 AM

Point Guard

Member No.: 33,736

It's undeniable that a few of Takumi's wins were due to luck. Skills maybe, but not entirely without luck. Gotta admit that Shigeno might have overdone the part a bit, the unlucky ones are always the opponents... laugh.gif

Or maybe I'm just pissed off that Takumi always wins over Ryosuke and Kyouichi whistling.gif I know Bunta's God in ID, but seriously...... Is he going to be the only one who can ever beat Takumi? Takumi might have been driving for five years, but he was just holed up in Akina with no experience whatsoever on other courses, it does seem unrealistic that he can win every battle
Pleasing05
Posted: Aug 2 2010, 04:07 AM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 35,705

was waiting for someone without a life to count all those up for me.

so hes only had 4 skill wins after stage 1, out of all his races.

lol insults? why not learn to count before posting? or at least know what youre posting?

and adding to that, you add these:

as luck win? why dont you first define what a luck win is? skill win is where takumi wins by either not making a mistake while his opponent makes one, having enough endurance to finish a race, or have enough patience to win a battle. Skill is not just about coordination, whatever. You need to add endurance and patience to the mix. Have you watched races in real life?

Truth is the only luck win he had were these:

5th stage so far, we've had an opponents spoiler breaking

and he had 2 loses against Bunta and Kyoichi.

this is debatable, since takumi was already in a handicap going to race in kyoichi's home track, and kyoichi having the correct setup for his own track.
Have you ever considered counter-attacking in those hairpins in the first part of irohazaka is quite impossible? and the only point of attack was in the end?
how about watch that battle again in youtube and point me to the minute where kyoichi said hes not going all out?

This post has been edited by Pleasing05 on Aug 2 2010, 04:19 AM
Möbius
Posted: Aug 2 2010, 06:00 AM

IDW Top Poster

Member No.: 3,524

QUOTE (Pleasing05 @ 1 hour, 52 minutes ago)

Truth is the only luck win he had were these:

and he had 2 loses against Bunta and Kyoichi.

You can't really plan on your opponent throwing up either, so that would be luck as well.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
nibiruR32
Posted: Aug 2 2010, 06:02 AM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 35,610

QUOTE (Tsyta @ Yesterday, 3:06 PM)
niburur32: 1st of all look at all the posts above, and laugh at how ridiculous your previous comment was, i doubt you have even seen the intial d series, so from now on all your posts will be ignored by me.

Oh right, so now my opinions don't count. No one has Ever said anything to me like that in a while, and made a judgement of character of me. But wasn't You the one begging on an FTO forum for advice on how to "kit" your car up, more or less your posts should be ignored. Usually On forums, people ask questions to build discussions. I don't see my self going around places judging people and ridiculing people. I may have took this to an extent, but You people need to realise that you dont take bull shit from anyone.
Tessou
Posted: Aug 2 2010, 06:14 AM

IDW Evil Administrator
Group Icon

Wow, two people taking things personally on one page. That's got to be a record for IDW.
fuji_tak
  Posted: Aug 2 2010, 07:16 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 17,374

vol.599 "understeer" (part II)

user posted image
initial D 41 cover

user posted image
initial D 41 back cover

地元でも限界まで攻められることのない超高速ステージでバトルする涼介と北条凛。Ryosuke and Hojo Rin the local who battles on a super-high-speed stage without being attacked to the limit.
心の底からおまえが好きなんだ I love you from the bottom of my heart
叶えられなかった凛の悲痛な想いが必殺の一撃〈サイドプレス〉となって、涼介に襲いかかる! Rin press-side lethal strike is a painful feeling of regret, Ryosuke attacks  !
”赤城の白い彗星”高橋涼介が神奈川エリアで一戦かぎりの復活を果たす!Ryosuke comeback as "Akagi white comet" in kanagawa area battle !
同じ女性を愛した因縁の相手、”死神”こと北条凛と対決するために!Confront partner of the fate that loved the same woman, Hojo, also known as "god of death" !

user posted image
ひどいアンダーだ…フロントタイヤのグリップがもうない…。 it's terrible...the front tire grip are out...
だが、それ以上に、ブレーキはもっとダメだ…!!But more than that, more braking is wrong/useless ...! !
誤算だったな…It was a miscalculation ...
大誤算だぜ…!!it's so big miscalculation! !

user posted image
群馬から来たこの男が、これほどのハイペースで逃げていることが最大の誤算なんだ…!!It is the biggest miscalculation that this man who came from Gunma is running away by a high pace like this !!

user posted image
user posted image

涼介さんは、あまり笑わない。心の底から笑った顔を、この2年ぐらい見ていない気がする…
Ryosuke doesn't laugh so much. A smile from your heart, I feel that since two years i have not seen this..
どんな時にも表情に少しカゲがあって…expression he has at anytime...
自然なくらい喜怒哀楽を抑えて…わき目もふらず進むあのストイックさがどこから来るのか不思議だったけれど…今日…それがやっとわかった気がする Suppressed emotions ...That stoic (indifferent to pleasure or pain) which advanced single-mindedly was mysterious whether you came...today...I feel like at last having understood ...
涼介さん…あなたというヒトがますます好きになりましたよ…Ryosuke-san ... I became more and more like you ...
涼介さんのことはしっかり見てますよ。頭と手帳の両方に全てメモしてますよ I watch Ryosuke well. Put all datas in head and notebooks both

user posted image
on last page next title issue :
Vol.600 : "Reckless driving."

Judging from this title and 600th serialization, something is sure to move greatly next time. happy.gif
hashiriyatakahashiry..
Posted: Aug 2 2010, 08:25 AM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 33,875

Thanks for the pictures and translations, Fuji_tak. I really enjoyed this chapter, I believe that Ryousuke will survive! happy.gif

Well, about Fujiwara...

I guess as the saying goes, luck accompanies the champions and then it is unfair to attribute to the Fujiwara won only by luck, because if he had no ability to stay until something happened, there would be no luck which would help it. Ryousuke told him in the race against Godhand "hold on", ie, the work of Fujiwara was no win at all cost and yes, keep up until an opportunity show up ... even if it is a victory "contested" , it is still a win.
_________

In the race against Ryousuke was not luck, Ryousuke's fault because he was so amazed to have found a live example for his theory in a direction more quickly on public roads that did not pay attention at the pace and it was deteriorated tires. It was not his mistake, nor luck for Fujiwara, was just a Ryousuke's distraction.

Against Kyochi, Fujiwara not had the luck and yes, he had vision of where your tires would be in the moment of crossing, Kyochi did not accompany the maneuver shocked at the audacity.

Should not forget that the "blind attack" was what saved Fujiwara and not the squirrel, he not saw the animal because he was with headlights off.

Not just anyone can keep up with cars and drivers supposedly better than him, using an AE86, though it is the Trueno to Bunta, if you do not have skill, will not help, then I think you should criticize less the Fujiwara or Shigeno for it.

(sorry for my bad english).

This post has been edited by hashiriyatakahashiryosuke on Aug 2 2010, 08:37 AM
Phantom_R32
Posted: Aug 2 2010, 09:25 AM

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

Member No.: 1,277

I'm surprised that little 350z is actually keeping up. Kinda makes me wonder if Ryosuke and the Shinigami are going as fast as they can? If you think about it, Keisuke beat the 350z guy so that means he should be able to keep up with his brother and the Shinigami as well. But they always protrayed Ryosuke as being a lot faster than Takumi or Keisuke.
hashiriyatakahashiry..
Posted: Aug 2 2010, 10:11 AM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 33,875

Ikeda escaped the shinigami when he attacked him, then he must be very fast and against Keisuke, fog hindered the visibility of it and only succeeded because keisuke Kenta telephoned warning that there was no traffic, so it can accelerate.
fuji_tak
  Posted: Aug 2 2010, 10:53 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 17,374

QUOTE (Phantom_R32 @ 1 hour, 27 minutes ago)
I'm surprised that little 350z is actually keeping up. Kinda makes me wonder if Ryosuke and the Shinigami are going as fast as they can?

I don't think that FC and GTR are at 100%. I think that 350Z will disappear when Shinigami and Ryosuke will decide to finish it.
Tsyta
Posted: Aug 2 2010, 12:04 PM

IDW Banned Member

wasnt the R32 infront last chapter? so now FC taken him over eh...
PandaApex
Posted: Aug 2 2010, 12:14 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 29,092

QUOTE (hashiriyatakahashiryosuke @ 2 hours, 2 minutes ago)
Ikeda escaped the shinigami when he attacked him, then he must be very fast and against Keisuke, fog hindered the visibility of it and only succeeded because keisuke Kenta telephoned warning that there was no traffic, so it can accelerate.

Agreed, Ikeda's Zero Theory only works when you have complete control of your emotions (Think Equilibrium). Ikeda instictively stiffened up when the thick fog appeared, preventing him from truely using his ideal Zero Theory. Safe to say, Ikeda is probably relatively fast.

@Takumi Luck crap above: Jesus, you guys are arguing over a work of FICTION. Its not like its a biography of a man named Takumi Fujiwara/Keisuke Takahashi/Ryosuke Takahashi.

420 Pages  « 195 196 197 198 199 »