Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing (Battle Stage 2) Dave Rodgers - Disco Fire

Radio Podcast
• Subscribe to our radio podcast: RSS feeds (Does not work with iTunes currently)
• Direct download for the shows is archived here: Recorded Shows (Convenient if you do not want to use any RSS client)

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 5,198  ·  Replies: 9 
> Record/download previous DJ shows?
astrophysathingy
  Posted: Jan 12 2012, 03:33 PM

Shmuck

Group: Members
Member No.: 38,187

Thanks a million for ID Radio and the live shows!!!

My problem is that I live on the US east coast and always seem to pass out before the live shows start sad.gif - would there be a way of recording them and placing them online, as has been done before? The download links I found on this forum are all expired, unfortunately.

Thanks a lot! And keep it up! Let me know if the page needs donations to keep going!

Cheers! K.

www.goaheadtakethewheel.com/blog - Our how-to-start-racing blog, featuring a Corolla, among other things...

Perry
Posted: Jan 12 2012, 05:21 PM

Like an eagle!
Group Icon

Group: SITE OWNER
Member No.: 1

Thanks for your interest in our radio, astrophysathingy!

We are planning on making the recording and re-broadcasting an automated thing in the very near future, so that people from around the world can listen to them at a later time and the recorded segment will be made available for downloading. Stay tuned!
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
astrophysathingy
  Posted: Jan 14 2012, 07:52 AM

Shmuck

w00t2.gif Thanks so much! I really appreciate that!

Nothing better than special - interest radio like that with DJs who love to have way more fun than would ever be possible on public radio. cool.gif Started listening to video game / C64 remix scene radio stations years ago and pretty much quit regular commercial radio, then got bitten by the racing bug, started racing my Corolla, and my gf (anime lover) introduced me to Initial D , starring a Corolla and getting me addicted. Finally found Initial D's darker sister and the Devil-Z, found your radio station, did more racing, kept listening to your radio station, so that's how I ended up here... then one night, stayed up late and listened to a live show, laughing my #$ off ... and needed more biggrin.gif

Thanks all!
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jan 21 2012, 01:09 AM

ShiMACHaze

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 5,394

It's still a work in progress smoothing out the transition, but the stream recording system is online NOW! This system records any time a DJ connects, but doesn't record the bot. So if you want to hear the automated Eurobeat stuff, just tune in randomly. wink2.gif

What's still in progress is a way to automate the podcasting functionality so that people can subscribe to automatically get the latest radio shows, and preparing for the possibility of a DJ getting disconnected mid-show which the current system doesn't like.

Still, it works, and it's live!

IDW Shoutcast Recording Archive

SEE YOU NEXT STAGE...
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
kyonpalm
Posted: Jan 21 2012, 09:36 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

Very cool! I'm unable to listen to most shows live nowadays, so this will be very useful. cool.gif
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
astrophysathingy
  Posted: Jan 24 2012, 01:09 PM

Shmuck

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ Jan 21 2012, 01:09 AM)
It's still a work in progress smoothing out the transition, but the stream recording system is online NOW! This system records any time a DJ connects, but doesn't record the bot. So if you want to hear the automated Eurobeat stuff, just tune in randomly. wink2.gif

What's still in progress is a way to automate the podcasting functionality so that people can subscribe to automatically get the latest radio shows, and preparing for the possibility of a DJ getting disconnected mid-show which the current system doesn't like.

Still, it works, and it's live!

IDW Shoutcast Recording Archive

SEE YOU NEXT STAGE...

Awesome!!! The test recording are already great to listen to - waiting eagerly for the next files!

Thanks a lot!

K.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jan 24 2012, 06:48 PM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (astrophysathingy @ 5 hours, 38 minutes ago)
Awesome!!! The test recording are already great to listen to - waiting eagerly for the next files!

Thanks a lot!

K.

You won't have to wait long. The next show will be Thursday, January 26th at 11 PM Pacific Standard Time. The recording should be up around 2 AM PST (usually DJ Pikachu_Fragger goes half an hour overtime).

What will be very cool is if we can have the podcasting function working by then. Don't hold your breath, but it could happen! Either way, the automatic recording will be available in the link above as soon as the show is over. wink2.gif
astrophysathingy
  Posted: Jan 27 2012, 10:40 AM

Shmuck

smile.gif Listening to last night's show now! This is awesome!!!

Thanks so much!
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jan 27 2012, 11:04 AM

ShiMACHaze

Interestingly, while we haven't gotten the podcast to work with iTunes yet (we know what's wrong, we just haven't gotten a script up to fix it), it does work perfectly well both with RSS Feed Readers like Google Reader... and with iPhones, iPads, etc! Just put this URL into your mobile device or RSS reader and it should work perfectly. smile.gif

idforums.net/shoutcast/rss.php
astrophysathingy
  Posted: Apr 23 2012, 02:49 PM

Shmuck

Thanks - I haven't missed a downloadable show so far and each of them has made my day!!! smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif