Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 3 unique listeners, playing Speedman - Speed Lover

Important Rules
• Please do NOT post any torrents and/or links to pirated copies of games here. Violator will be issued a verbal warning or an actual warning.
• Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
• Any kind of discussions related to ROMs, WAREZ and methods of copying copyrighted materials are prohibited in this section of the forums.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

2 Pages  1 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 4,541  ·  Replies: 36 
> [PS3] Modern Warfare 2 Clan
Kev
  Posted: Dec 4 2009, 02:14 PM

IDW Goldmember

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 571

Anyone wanna make an IDWF clan? just for fun, not anything serious. Would just like people to play with. Anyone in?

This is for Playstation 3 Modern Warfare 2. Anyone that's interested, I'll add their name here.

This post has been edited by Kev on Dec 4 2009, 02:14 PM
Phantom_R32
Posted: Dec 5 2009, 12:55 AM

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

Member No.: 1,277

I would.. But I got the 360 version. sad.gif

I'm thinking about selling my 360 and everything though. I figured I'd buy it to play with my IRL friends. But they do nothing but b*tch and complain when they play. So I might buy MW2 for the PS3 soon.
Kev
  Posted: Dec 5 2009, 07:06 AM

IDW Goldmember

QUOTE (Phantom_R32 @ 6 hours, 11 minutes ago)
I would.. But I got the 360 version. sad.gif

I'm thinking about selling my 360 and everything though. I figured I'd buy it to play with my IRL friends. But they do nothing but b*tch and complain when they play. So I might buy MW2 for the PS3 soon.

ooh, sweet! let me know! seems like lately a lot of 360 users are switching over to ps3...what with 360 always dying. lol. though i do hear when the ps3 dies, its like impossible to fix. haha
am3pkcet
Posted: Dec 5 2009, 11:33 AM

IDASv3 > IDAS4

Member No.: 2,853

360 dying? lol. that's funny.

If people want to "clan" up and kick some ass, feel free to send a FR. got myu GT in my sig.
Kev
  Posted: Dec 5 2009, 12:00 PM

IDW Goldmember

QUOTE (am3pkcet @ 27 minutes, 3 seconds ago)
360 dying? lol. that's funny.

If people want to "clan" up and kick some ass, feel free to send a FR. got myu GT in my sig.

no i mean physically...lol.

so i take it you play the 360 ver then?
am3pkcet
Posted: Dec 5 2009, 12:12 PM

IDASv3 > IDAS4

I'm on my 3rd (all replaced free under warrenty). And I still play just about every day. There's pretty much nothing that could get me to play FPS games on PS3. I've had the discussion several times, but controller design, button layout, and general erganomics are significantly better for FPS and racing games on 360. At least for me.
Kev
  Posted: Dec 5 2009, 12:20 PM

IDW Goldmember

QUOTE (am3pkcet @ 8 minutes, 3 seconds ago)
I'm on my 3rd (all replaced free under warrenty). And I still play just about every day. There's pretty much nothing that could get me to play FPS games on PS3. I've had the discussion several times, but controller design, button layout, and general erganomics are significantly better for FPS and racing games on 360. At least for me.

i honestly cant tell the difference really. I've played cod on both 360 and ps3. doesnt seem like a huge deal to me.
BlackSubaru
Posted: Dec 5 2009, 07:13 PM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 27,007

if the controller is the problem, best buy sells a bluetooth wireless controller for the PS3 designed exactly liek an xbox360 controller.

i dont have CODMW2 yet, ill get around ot it eventually. not that big of a deal. i got more pressing matters at hand, like, how not to buy a handgun and kill myself, lawl.
am3pkcet
Posted: Dec 5 2009, 09:02 PM

IDASv3 > IDAS4

I also hate PSN. I've had terrible experiences with it on MGS4 and GT5p. Plus, even if I take the time and effort to connect my bluetooth headset, NO ONE EVER has a mic. A mic SHIPS IN THE BOX of the 360, and while not everyone uses one, on MW2, its on average >60%.

I enjoy playing games, and whoever gave the green light to keep using the horridly flawed, 15-year-old playstation controller design should be shot. They almost had it right eith the dual analog, but from the original dual shock and on, the tops are rounded. Guess what? thumbs slide off of it. Playing ANY kind of game that requires the analog stick is frustrating and annoying. And this is coming from someone who has owned and played PS1 and PS2 games since 1995. Call me nitpicky, but until GT5 comes out, there's really no reason for me to turn my PS3 on other than to watch bluray movies (which is mostly the reason i bought it in the first place).
Kev
  Posted: Dec 5 2009, 09:26 PM

IDW Goldmember

QUOTE (am3pkcet @ 23 minutes, 45 seconds ago)
I also hate PSN. I've had terrible experiences with it on MGS4 and GT5p. Plus, even if I take the time and effort to connect my bluetooth headset, NO ONE EVER has a mic. A mic SHIPS IN THE BOX of the 360, and while not everyone uses one, on MW2, its on average >60%.

I enjoy playing games, and whoever gave the green light to keep using the horridly flawed, 15-year-old playstation controller design should be shot. They almost had it right eith the dual analog, but from the original dual shock and on, the tops are rounded. Guess what? thumbs slide off of it. Playing ANY kind of game that requires the analog stick is frustrating and annoying. And this is coming from someone who has owned and played PS1 and PS2 games since 1995. Call me nitpicky, but until GT5 comes out, there's really no reason for me to turn my PS3 on other than to watch bluray movies (which is mostly the reason i bought it in the first place).

eh whatever, to each his own
MidnightViper88
Posted: Dec 5 2009, 10:03 PM

Ballistic heartbreak

Member No.: 1,034

am3, you should really take the time to make one universal statement and make a macro out of it, seeing how you feel obliged to tenaciously voice your "opinion" at the mere whisper of "360 vs. PS3" every single time... rolleyes.gif

Well, whatever...I have a PS3, I have Modern Warfare 2...Why the hell not? I'm game... happy.gif
Kev
  Posted: Dec 5 2009, 10:20 PM

IDW Goldmember

QUOTE (MidnightViper88 @ 16 minutes, 43 seconds ago)
am3, you should really take the time to make one universal statement and make a macro out of it, seeing how you feel obliged to tenaciously voice your "opinion" at the mere whisper of "360 vs. PS3" every single time... rolleyes.gif

Well, whatever...I have a PS3, I have Modern Warfare 2...Why the hell not? I'm game... happy.gif

i dont even care to make a clan per se (zomg, am i bringing it back?!). Just people to play with.

My gamer tag is KrazFD

whats yours? I'll add you to my PSN friends list!
am3pkcet
Posted: Dec 5 2009, 10:29 PM

IDASv3 > IDAS4

QUOTE (MidnightViper88 @ 25 minutes, 20 seconds ago)

It bothers me because it's bad design. I've studied erganomics and design and it bugs the living hell out of me. Button layout is arguable to personal preference, but I can see absolutely no advantage to having the tops of the sticks rounded instead of concave. And it's this design choice that has rendered many games and game types that I play much more difficult to accurately control compated to sticks with concave tops. I almost wrote my final paper on this for a design and interface class, but I decided against it and wrote it on touch screens instead.

This post has been edited by am3pkcet on Dec 5 2009, 10:29 PM
Kev
  Posted: Dec 5 2009, 10:36 PM

IDW Goldmember

QUOTE (am3pkcet @ 7 minutes, 15 seconds ago)
It bothers me because it's bad design. I've studied erganomics and design and it bugs the living hell out of me. Button layout is arguable to personal preference, but I can see absolutely no advantage to having the tops of the sticks rounded instead of concave. And it's this design choice that has rendered many games and game types that I play much more difficult to accurately control compated to sticks with concave tops. I almost wrote my final paper on this for a design and interface class, but I decided against it and wrote it on touch screens instead.

ok we get it. you don't like the PS3 controller. so can you stop talking about it now? Personally, I prefer the rounded tops. Pushing them in (to sprint in MW for example) is much easier on PS3 than in 360 for me. Again, that's my personal preference.
am3pkcet
Posted: Dec 5 2009, 10:42 PM

IDASv3 > IDAS4

Merely providing explaination and rebuttal. Though I do find it odd to prefer rounded tops.
MidnightViper88
Posted: Dec 5 2009, 11:24 PM

Ballistic heartbreak

Member No.: 1,034

Opinions are opinions, but is it really necessary to run through the same shit over and over again? This thread isn't even about f**king console controllers...

QUOTE (Kev @ Today, 2:20 AM)
i dont even care to make a clan per se (zomg, am i bringing it back?!).  Just people to play with.

My gamer tag is KrazFD

whats yours?  I'll add you to my PSN friends list!

I know, I have a personal thing about playing with at least one other person I know... wink2.gif

Kravin_Morhead
BlackSubaru
Posted: Dec 6 2009, 06:36 PM

IDW Prime Member

the analog stick's design does not bother me as much as the xbox360's offset pattern.

user posted image

that controller i was talking about, yeha concave sticks too. now you have no reason not to play on it.
am3pkcet
Posted: Dec 6 2009, 06:45 PM

IDASv3 > IDAS4

Oh wow, who makes that and how much? How are the R2/L2 triggers? I would seriously consider getting that.

</is actually giddy and trying to hide it..... unsure.gif >

edit: meh, found it on bestbuy.com, got some shoddy reviews for button lag and cheap build. :-/

This post has been edited by am3pkcet on Dec 6 2009, 06:49 PM
Phantom_R32
Posted: Dec 6 2009, 08:43 PM

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

Member No.: 1,277

I might consider getting this one: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002ISZB2...HHAQEMD34QMJ40B

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaJvOHK1VsQ

Got more positive reviews than negative ones. Some people complained about a delay on the right or left stick. But then others said it felt right. So.. blink.gif that's why I'm still considering lol
vhsfootball_82
Posted: Dec 6 2009, 09:58 PM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 4,420

QUOTE (Phantom_R32 @ 1 hour, 14 minutes ago)
I might consider getting this one: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002ISZB2...HHAQEMD34QMJ40B

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaJvOHK1VsQ

Got more positive reviews than negative ones. Some people complained about a delay on the right or left stick. But then others said it felt right. So.. blink.gif that's why I'm still considering lol

that shadow controller looks cool....i was actually trying forza on 360.....and i do like the 360 controller compared to the ps3.....

but....

i like my ps3 more for racing games..... or games like assassin creed......there are some games that favor the ps3 contrller

the 360 controller is better for the first person shooter games

being a sony PS fan....this is the first time i actually praise the 360 controller....

heck, a friend of my brother is selling his 360 pro with GOW2 and COD4 for 200 bucks...and its like new lol....bought it like 8-10 months ago and pretty much uses it for dvds lol.....so iono.......its tempting....

but i still like the ps3 controller....

but ill see if i have enough money for that shadow controller...

plus

my bro is getting me mw2 for christmas lol.....i was like eh ok.....lol

so ill see if i game with u guys later on
BlackSubaru
Posted: Dec 7 2009, 06:35 AM

IDW Prime Member

30.xx plus shipping. if ur really interested in that one i showed you.

vhsfootball_82
Posted: Dec 7 2009, 12:33 PM

IDW Prime Member

QUOTE (BlackSubaru @ 5 hours, 57 minutes ago)
30.xx plus shipping. if ur really interested in that one i showed you.

nah i saw it at best buy and read reviews of it.....not great.....has lag on anolog sticks and feels cheap...

the shadow controller does look nice..
Godot
Posted: Dec 10 2009, 07:13 PM

Aka FC3SSavannaIII

Member No.: 17,363

I already put my clan name as IDWF for my 360.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
vhsfootball_82
Posted: Dec 11 2009, 11:44 PM

IDW Prime Member

well......im getting the game for ps3......in about 5-9 days....

got it cheap on amazon for 45 bucks...

i wasnt going to pay the whole 60 plus tax at gamestop....

so if anyone wants to game...

SkA_Dstroy82

i will play during the morning, sometimes in the evening...

got 2 coworkers that play mw2 as well
[ Mizerok ]
Posted: Dec 14 2009, 09:30 AM

I Fabrikat w3rDs!!!

Member No.: 1,237

If I was on PSN I would because I play way too much...

http://www.engadget.com/2009/09/15/modern-...-399-price-tag/

BEST MONEY SPENT EVER AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Ex. 120gb HDD for Xbox = $150. You can not get the 250gb HDD outside the bundle, SOLD. If you follow their insane pricing, the HDD is almost the entire price of the bundle. Lets not forget you get a newest model Xbox (which special decals OMFGOMFGOMFOGMFOGMFOMGFOMFGOMFG), two controllers, and a game... about $700 worth of AWESOME!

This post has been edited by [ Mizerok ] on Dec 14 2009, 09:34 AM

2 Pages  1 2