Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 7 unique listeners, playing (WMMT3 OST) Entry Maxi3

Important Rules
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 6 AA and 7 AAX here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. For anything about ver.4, please post them in the version 4 section. For anything about ver.5, please post them in the version 5 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

ยป FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 2,943  ·  Replies: 13 
> Number on back of initial d 8 card
paperstreet
  Posted: Sep 21 2016, 11:30 AM

Shmuck

Group: Members
Member No.: 47,505

There is a 20 digit number on the back of my card. Is this used for anything particular? I normally play on an offline machine.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Saint
Posted: Sep 21 2016, 01:04 PM

The 6th Blameless Shift

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 2,067

It associates your physical card to your D.NET account. I can't recall if you actually need it to register your account. One thing for sure, you will need that number on the new blank card when you lose/renew your old card in order to retrieve your game records.

Anyhow, since you're playing offline it won't matter. But there's nothing to lose if you keep the numbers intact.
holnivek
Posted: Sep 21 2016, 09:47 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 46,366

Does the account recovery feature work if you play on an offline machine or you're not a D.net member (assuming you have the number)?
Saint
Posted: Sep 21 2016, 10:29 PM

The 6th Blameless Shift

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 2,067

Nope. It needs subscription from what I understand, unfortunately.

For offlines, you won't even be able to register so if your card is lost or damaged, that's it.

This post has been edited by Saint on Sep 21 2016, 10:31 PM
holnivek
Posted: Sep 21 2016, 10:47 PM

IDW God Member

I see, thanks for the info.
rallyarmor
Posted: Feb 12 2017, 11:13 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 44,695

QUOTE (holnivek @ Sep 21 2016, 09:47 PM)
Does the account recovery feature work if you play on an offline machine or you're not a D.net member (assuming you have the number)?

Card data recovery works on Offline machines.

In the test menu it will display the corresponding 20 digit card that needs to be restored.
holnivek
Posted: Feb 13 2017, 04:40 AM

IDW God Member

That's really good to know, you gave us offline players some peace of mind. Thanks.
-=SHINN=-
Posted: Feb 15 2017, 01:33 AM

MYS Retired Perfectionist Racer

Member No.: 37,532

QUOTE (holnivek @ Feb 13 2017, 04:40 AM)
That's really good to know, you gave us offline players some peace of mind. Thanks.

That only works if your card data is lost on that particular machine and it can only be recovered using the same particular machine your last play was on before the data is lost. If you lost your card that is it, you won't be able to recover your data back.
holnivek
Posted: Feb 15 2017, 01:57 AM

IDW God Member

So the feature rallyarmor was talking about only works for data corruption, etc?

I have a tendency to insert my cards into the slit between the screen and the speakers, maybe I should stop doing that so I don't lose them.
-=SHINN=-
Posted: Feb 15 2017, 05:43 AM

QUOTE (holnivek @ 3 hours, 45 minutes ago)
So the feature rallyarmor was talking about only works for data corruption, etc?

I have a tendency to insert my cards into the slit between the screen and the speakers, maybe I should stop doing that so I don't lose them.

Say somehow you were playing on the cabinet half way and the electricity somehow cut off. When you on back the machine and re-insert your card. There is a slight chance that your screen will show unable to read your card also showing an error requesting you to call technician. That is where technician enters test mode just to match up your 20 digits behind your card to restore. Any other number besides the 20 digits data will not be restore to your card. So once you lose your card that is it, it is impossible to restore.

In online situation, we have something called card restoration by dnet. Whereby if say I lose my infinity card, I can just simply purchase a blank card and do restoration via dnet (provided my dnet is still active). Upon process completion, I will be notified that after 3 days the blank card will be the infinity card that was lost. And what happens to the card lost? It will be cancelled and become a useless card.
holnivek
Posted: Feb 15 2017, 10:38 AM

IDW God Member

QUOTE (-=SHINN=- @ 4 hours, 55 minutes ago)
That is where technician enters test mode just to match up your 20 digits behind your card to restore. Any other number besides the 20 digits data will not be restore to your card. So once you lose your card that is it, it is impossible to restore.

What happens if you lose your card, but you have the 20-digit number at the back of your card?
-=SHINN=-
Posted: Feb 15 2017, 05:21 PM

QUOTE (holnivek @ 6 hours, 43 minutes ago)
What happens if you lose your card, but you have the 20-digit number at the back of your card?

Haha you can't do anything with it. sad.gif
holnivek
Posted: Feb 15 2017, 07:21 PM

IDW God Member

QUOTE (-=SHINN=- @ 2 hours, 0 minutes ago)
Haha you can't do anything with it. sad.gif

That sucks. Guess that means we should all be REALLY careful, even you folks over there since D.net is going away.
-=SHINN=-
Posted: Feb 16 2017, 09:10 AM

QUOTE (holnivek @ Yesterday, 7:21 PM)
That sucks. Guess that means we should all be REALLY careful, even you folks over there since D.net is going away.

Yea to be honest I always keep my cards instead of just putting it around the machine as a precaution ever since I started the game.

This post has been edited by -=SHINN=- on Feb 16 2017, 09:10 AM