Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing Manuel - Sun In The Rain

2 Pages  1 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 36,064  ·  Replies: 28 
> Real Life Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Initial D World
    Posted: Oct 1 2011, 03:58 AM

IDW Facebook Fanpage

Group: Staff
Member No.: 37,931

Much of Initial D's realism is in part due to depiction of actual locations in the series as previously mentioned. The famous "Fujiwara Tofu Shop" (藤原とうふ店) was an actual shop that sold tofu in Shibukawa, Gunma. (Referred to as the "City S" in the manga) The owner of the shop is named Fujino (藤野). The original name of the shop is Fujino Tofu Shop. The shop was renamed because the Initial D Live Action movie crew had to find a shop that resemble the tofu shop shown in the manga. So they picked Fujino's shop for filming. However, due to recent urban redevelopment and road construction, Fujino's tofu shop was demolished in 2010. sad.gif Well, at least the Fujiwara Tofu Shop in Initial D will forever live in our collective memories. (Image Credit: “AE86 Ryuji”)

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 720 x 479. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.
kyonpalm
Posted: Oct 1 2011, 05:22 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

I wish I could have at least visited that shop once, before it went down.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
WRX DEMON Type R
Posted: Oct 1 2011, 07:24 AM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 3,276

Back in 2008 when I first started living in Japan, I visited it. Was pretty awesome. I got some pics too.

I also went everywhere in Gunma prefecture and Tochigi (Irohazaka) that the Manga went to and met the real life rally driver who Shigeno often goes to for advice when it comes to racing techniques (but let's keep that a secret).

The tofu shop is gone, but there's plenty left about Initial D in Gunma Prefecture.

I might even start up an "Initial D Tours" type thing for fans of the series who'd like to take them there and show them around to all the locations, including from left to right of the prefecture, Myogi mountain, Usui Touge, Oginoya road station (where Mako and Iketani first met), Haruna Mountain, Haruna Lake, Ikaho town (where Takumi and Mogi went on their dates) Shibukawa city (Takumi's town), the plot where the tofu shop stood, Shibukawa High school (Takumi's school), Takasaki City (Where the Takashi bros. lived - also where I lived for 3 years), Maebashi city Prefectural building (where Keisuke brought Kyoko on their date iirc), Gunma University (Ryousuke's school), Akagi Mountain and the two lakes on it, Tsuchizaka (?) touge (where they raced the EVO 5 and 6 - I've been there twice), and concluding with a 2 hour trip to Mt. Nantai in Tochigi prefecture where we'll go uphill on IRohazaka Touge uphill road (only seen in games like Kaido Battle/Tokyo Extreme Racer) then back down Irohazaka Downhill Road (the famous one from ID3rd stage the movie).

I also know a place where we could rent an Initial D-look-a-like AE86 Trueno.

How's that sound?

This post has been edited by WRX DEMON Type R on Oct 1 2011, 07:35 AM
Perry
Posted: Oct 1 2011, 11:00 AM

Like an eagle!
Group Icon

Group: SITE OWNER
Member No.: 1

That sounds really tempting, DEMON. I am sure a lot of die hard Initial D fans (myself included) would love to go there and have a feel of the place where Takumi grew up from. It really put things in perspective. It's one thing to have realistic characters in a series, but having real life locations just make it so much more realistic. I think no other series can even come close in terms of the realism in Initial D.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
WRX DEMON Type R
Posted: Oct 1 2011, 11:59 AM

Initial D really changed my life. I've always wanted to see Japan, but if it weren't for Initial D, I would never have gone to Gunma (I actually specifically requested it on my application - and almost no one requests Gunma). Double plus for me, as my fav. car maker is also from Gunma - Subaru.
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Oct 1 2011, 05:30 PM

Patient Zero

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 37,947

I think its amazing how much attention to detail that Shuichi Shigeno gave to the Initial D universe. Every single area that is featured actually exists somewhere in the world. Its one of the reasons why I love the series so much. It must be surreal to actually live in the Gunma prefecture and see places like this on a daily basis. I would kill for a chance just to go and see what these places look like, just once in my life...
WRX DEMON Type R
Posted: Oct 1 2011, 07:04 PM

QUOTE (THE_HONDA_CG6 @ 1 hour, 33 minutes ago)
It must be surreal to actually live in the Gunma prefecture and see places like this on a daily basis.

I'll admit. It was indeed surreal - for the first half of the 3 years I was there. It eventually grew on me. And became normal.

But now that I'm back home in Canada, I think back and man, I'd love to go back to Gunma... Some day. First I gotta build up my life in Canada first.
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Oct 1 2011, 07:08 PM

Patient Zero

QUOTE (WRX DEMON Type R @ 3 minutes, 42 seconds ago)
I'll admit. It was indeed surreal - for the first half of the 3 years I was there. It eventually grew on me. And became normal.

But now that I'm back home in Canada, I think back and man, I'd love to go back to Gunma... Some day. First I gotta build up my life in Canada first.

May I ask how you ended up in Gunma? It sounds like you were studying abroad... Sorry if I'm getting personal. XD
WRX DEMON Type R
Posted: Oct 1 2011, 07:32 PM

Actually, the opposite, I was teaching.
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Oct 1 2011, 07:46 PM

Patient Zero

ohmy.gif
Teaching abroad!? Now this is a new concept for me. You sir are amazing!
Yoshida Seiji
Posted: Oct 1 2011, 07:58 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 23,634

Shame you're back in the US. I'm moving out there next year. Chiba though.
WRX DEMON Type R
Posted: Oct 1 2011, 08:40 PM

Back in Canada. wink2.gif

Who knows, now that I have friends, connections and know to get back into Japan, I could pretty much go back whenever... Just the responsibilities I have here in Canada are what hold me down.

I think I'll become one of those dudes you see at the airport boarding the plane with their Japanese wife and half-Japanese children who works 10 months of the year in Canada or the States doing their thing, then goes back to Japan for two months to make sure everyone is happy.
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Oct 1 2011, 08:46 PM

Patient Zero

QUOTE (WRX DEMON Type R @ 6 minutes, 36 seconds ago)
Back in Canada. wink2.gif

Who knows, now that I have friends, connections and know to get back into Japan, I could pretty much go back whenever... Just the responsibilities I have here in Canada are what hold me down.

I think I'll become one of those dudes you see at the airport boarding the plane with their Japanese wife and half-Japanese children who works 10 months of the year in Canada or the States doing their thing, then goes back to Japan for two months to make sure everyone is happy.

Aww. You are such a hard working person! But from my experience, it's though jumping from place to place seeing your family and going back to work. If that makes any sense.... >.<

My friend is one of those kind of people. She spends boat loads of money on plane tickets and is never here to hang out with me over the summer. :\
Deadfish
Posted: Aug 13 2015, 06:46 PM

Shmuck

Group: Members
Member No.: 45,799

Hi gurus, i will be visiting tokyo in a week's time and i am staying there for a week. Is there any recommendation for visitation of real life sites in gunma prefecture? Keeping in mind that i cant drive in japan nor do i speak japanese. Any suggestion will be very helpful. Thank you in advance.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Möbius
Posted: Aug 14 2015, 03:39 PM

IDW Top Poster

Member No.: 3,524

QUOTE (Deadfish @ Today, 2:46 AM)
Hi gurus, i will be visiting tokyo in a week's time and i am staying there for a week. Is there any recommendation for visitation of real life sites in gunma prefecture? Keeping in mind that i cant drive in japan nor do i speak japanese. Any suggestion will be very helpful. Thank you in advance.

The main person in this thread is banned, so don't expect a reply.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Tessou
Posted: Aug 14 2015, 04:06 PM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Member No.: 12,263

He was hardly an expert, either.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Möbius
Posted: Aug 15 2015, 05:34 AM

IDW Top Poster

QUOTE (Tessou @ Today, 12:06 AM)
He was hardly an expert, either.

Touché!

laugh2.gif
JKaiba
Posted: Aug 16 2015, 12:59 AM

Alias The J'

Member No.: 16,596

QUOTE (Deadfish @ Aug 13 2015, 06:46 PM)

Tokyo's a 2 hour train ride just to get to Gunma. Add another 2 to visit the BASE of any mountain and often few public transit options to reach the top. If you intend to spend a few days in Gunma it might make it worth your while. You'll really want a car or a guide with a car out in the mountain regions unless you can think on your feet, but since you don't speak the language it can limit your options. I speak caveman Japanese and but even then my ineptitude got me lost on the way out from Yokohama to Hakone the last time I was there so have a plan (and have a plan to find your way back or hunker down for the night in case you can't go further).
Möbius
Posted: Aug 16 2015, 06:20 PM

IDW Top Poster

QUOTE (JKaiba @ Yesterday, 8:59 AM)
Tokyo's a 2 hour train ride just to get to Gunma. Add another 2 to visit the BASE of any mountain and often few public transit options to reach the top. If you intend to spend a few days in Gunma it might make it worth your while. You'll really want a car or a guide with a car out in the mountain regions unless you can think on your feet, but since you don't speak the language it can limit your options. I speak caveman Japanese and but even then my ineptitude got me lost on the way out from Yokohama to Hakone the last time I was there so have a plan (and have a plan to find your way back or hunker down for the night in case you can't go further).

Forgot about you, and how you might be of help. cool.gif
Spaz
Posted: Aug 17 2015, 09:29 AM

Just a guy towing a car across the country to chase a dream.
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 30,193

Now-a-days everybody wanna talk like they got somethin' to say
But nothin' comes out when they move their lips
Just a bunch of gibberish
And motherbananaers act like they forgot about J
Nomake Wan
Posted: Aug 17 2015, 03:31 PM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

Know what they say
Still the same old J
And he's been okay
Hated on by mostly niggas with no pay
No brains and no say
Sh1t wheels like CJs
If it ain't Nissan then nope, it can't play
Mad at J 'cause he can finally afford to import whatever car he wants today

Got a shop out on the pier and it's chock full of crates
To bring in the stuff ICE just hates
Chillin' up in his office with his hands controllin' the floodgates
Did y'all think J was just some nobody?
B1tch, please!
You better stop tapping on those keys

Who you think brought you the 3-2?
Who you think brought you Hakos, too?
Fairladys and GTS-Ts, fool!
What he dabbles in is super cool
A giant finger up at ICE that's sayin' screw the rules!

Gave you a JDM whip that'd twist necks drivin' down the street
And when your eurotrash wasn't the hottest shiet, who's the legend they told you to go see?
Y'all better listen up closely
All you niggas that said J's a dumb fop
Whose business'd flop
Y'all ain't the reason that J's life been goin' swimmingly!

So fsck y'all!
All o' y'all!
If y'all don't like J?
Ya don't say!

If y'all are gonna keep fsckin' around with him he'll turn right back to his old ways...
QUOTE (Spaz @ 5 hours, 37 minutes ago)
Now-a-days everybody wanna talk like they got somethin' to say
But nothin' comes out when they move their lips
Just a bunch of gibberish
And motherfskers act like they forgot about J
Tessou
Posted: Aug 17 2015, 04:22 PM

Group Icon

Future attempts by any and all members to circumvent the profanity filter will be fined one credit for violation of the Verbal Morality Statute.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Aug 17 2015, 05:24 PM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

If it blanked them that would be one thing, but by changing the word completely it eliminates the entire point of being lyrics.

Fix your filter, then I'll fix my posts.
Tessou
Posted: Aug 17 2015, 05:47 PM

Group Icon

He doesn't know about the three seasbananas!
JKaiba
Posted: Aug 25 2015, 08:45 PM

Alias The J'

Member No.: 16,596

....I just walked in here and noticed this touching tribute.

感動します (happy.gif) / <(_ _)>

2 Pages  1 2