Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 9 unique listeners, playing Candy Taylor - Sweet Sixteen Girl

Important Rules
user posted imageNOTE : All pinned topics were replaced by one main topic that links to important topics. Check that topic out first before starting a new one. Please read the thread (Competition) - General Rules before making a challenge topic. All challenge threads must adhere to the example challenge format. All competitions are based on a honor system, lying about your lap times could earn you an actual warning. Any kind of discussions related to ROMs, WAREZ and methods of copying copyrighted materials are prohibited in this section of the forums. Any inflammatory comments, flaming and flame baiting will not be tolerated. Violators will be issued an actual warning. These forums are for friendly competitions.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

5 Pages  « 3 4 5  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 23,461  ·  Replies: 116 
> Gran Turismo 6, 6/12/2013 release
Phantom_R32
Posted: Dec 2 2013, 03:52 PM

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 1,277

Never ordered from this site before, but this is too good of a deal. Not sure if it's just a Cyber Monday deal or what. If I didn't just buy a new TV I would be all over this. But I know some of you guys might be interested.

Thrustmaster T500RS - $150.00
http://www.microcenter.com/product/355399/...g_Wheel_for_PS3

This post has been edited by Phantom_R32 on Dec 2 2013, 03:53 PM
Vile
Posted: Dec 2 2013, 05:58 PM

IDW's Furfag

Group: Members
Member No.: 30,586

Holy crap! That's amazing! Just ordered it right now! Thanks Phantom! Now for me to get my hands on the TH8rs shifter and make a new wheelstand since my ghetto diy wheelstand will only withstand the weight of my G27. lol

Edit: Ahh crap, some guys in the iRacing and GTPlanet forums are saying their orders are getting cancelled due to the products being unavailable. I won't be surprised once I see my cancelled order.

BTW ISR has uploaded a first impression of the game with an hour of gameplay.
YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqCuhDD708A&feature=c4-overview&list=UUcpArg0eZs6FlhlCALfXFxA )

I'm still wondering why the hell PD wants us to drive a Honda fit first... facepalm.gif

This post has been edited by Vile on Dec 2 2013, 07:10 PM
OkamiWind
Posted: Dec 2 2013, 08:56 PM

Ravioli Ravioli
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 40,468

Looking at the video...it's not that bad actually...

But I do wonder why the HECK PD wants to make a Honda FIT the first car? Can't complain but at the same time...huh?

I mean they showed a Mazda RX-8 is about 25k (or was it 27k?) and why couldn't they buy that first? That doesn't...fit right...at all. It seems though that there are no used cars that I can see yet so they seemed to go back to GT3 style car buying...

However I will give them that at least the credit output and the car prices are much easier then GT3.

But still...A HONDA FIT?!
Phantom_R32
Posted: Dec 2 2013, 11:07 PM

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

Wish they gave you a choice to skip the tutorials. Not liking that I'm going to have to use a Fit for the first few races. But oh well..

I'm glad they included all the cars into one dealership. I didn't like the used car dealership in GT5. I never found a Shuichi Shigeno 86 or an R32 S-tune because of that.
Drift Dude
  Posted: Dec 3 2013, 01:26 AM

That guy from Belgium

Member No.: 24,995

There's launch event in Ronda, Spain.

Some extra stuff was spoken about there.

• 3 version of the Redbull X2014 car
    -The fan car
    -The non-fan Car
    -The Junior car
  • Updated car list, now with 1207 cars
    -The deltawing returns with an extra version
    -The Premium WRC cars from GT5 return
    -Honda/Acura NSX concept added
    -Lexus LFA Nurb Pack
    -Toyota GT86 Nurb 24h racecar

Kazunori even has a street in Ronda that has his name now.

Also the BMW M4 will be a free update later on, possebly like how they gave us the C7 Corvette

And regarding the Senna stuff, The Lotus 97T JPS F1 driven by Senna showed up at the launch event.
There's a good chance that it will be in GT6 at some point.

This post has been edited by Drift Dude on Dec 3 2013, 08:46 AM
RalliKai
Posted: Dec 6 2013, 12:05 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 3,607

Hmm, the reviews seem pretty positive so far. I probably won't pick this up till after the holidays but I'm certainly looking forward to it.

YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiz-BVdYZOM )
OkamiWind
Posted: Dec 6 2013, 05:18 PM

Ravioli Ravioli
Group Icon

Member No.: 40,468

So, being a day one person I will give my experience/a review...thingy of GT6 so far. It maybe a bit long so i'll just spoiler the thing.

SPOILER

*WHEW* So all that said and done...do I recommend you to buy it now? Only if you're a pretty hard GT fan like me, if you're just a casual guy I would say wait. It's ok right now but I would wait to see if they add anything or whatnot. Also feel free to ask me about some things if you want to.

Will I be online? I dunno...yet.

EDIT: Eh I forgot a few things when I wrote what I wrote earlier. So i'll just spoiler these as well.

SPOILER

This post has been edited by OkamiWind on Dec 6 2013, 10:29 PM
Phantom_R32
Posted: Dec 6 2013, 08:19 PM

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

I'm loving the physics for this. Definitely my favorite. I do have a few gripes about the game though.

Custom BGMs aren't working properly. They keep cycling through the same song for every race, and the only way to change that song is to restart the race. Also, every once in a while the game's own BGM kicks in, but that's corrected by restarting the race as well.

Another problem is at the beginning of the race. Not sure if this is a problem on my end or if anyone else is experiencing it. By the time the countdown goes from 1 to 0 and lets you start, there seems to be a quick stutter/freeze on screen. It's not that noticeable for me unless I'm really waiting and looking for it. But it's still a bit bothersome.

And the tracks... Some of the tracks look like complete crap. Again, not sure if this is just a problem on my end or not. I usually don't complain about the visuals, but some of the tracks look worse than they did in GT5. Bathurst was the one that surprised me the most. It looks like it was ported over from a PS2 game. Everything else about the game is gorgeous, the cars look fine and so do some of the tracks. I'm hoping this is just a problem on my end since I got a new TV and haven't messed with the picture settings yet.

Overall I'm enjoying this immensely. Oh, and the game finally allows you remove spoilers and wings from cars.
Vile
Posted: Dec 6 2013, 08:31 PM

IDW's Furfag

Member No.: 30,586

About the tracks, I've noticed the graphics with them especially if u look closely on the shadows. Lots of 'jagged' lines i guess. Not sure about the rest but so far I love this way more than gt5 that's for sure. The only thing that bothers me is the credits you can buy with real money...

I'm so hooked on karting online. LOL
Really close racing that I've been in so far.
RalliKai
Posted: Dec 7 2013, 08:39 AM

IDW Goldmember

I wonder if some of the graphical issues are something PD will clean up in a future patch. Will likely wait for this game to drop down $15-20 before picking it up.
RSanYon
Posted: Dec 7 2013, 12:04 PM

Trill.

Member No.: 31,059

Still disappointed that the number of standard cars outnumbers the premiums. They still don't have premium models of certain cars, and they should have taken out some of the 20-30+ Nissan Skylines in the game. They should also fix the buggy custom BGM system in the next patch update.
RalliKai
Posted: Dec 7 2013, 01:01 PM

IDW Goldmember

QUOTE (RSanYon @ 57 minutes, 40 seconds ago)
Still disappointed that the number of standard cars outnumbers the premiums. They still don't have premium models of certain cars, and they should have taken out some of the 20-30+ Nissan Skylines in the game. They should also fix the buggy custom BGM system in the next patch update.

Yeah, the Pokemon (need to collect them all) approach PD has taken since GT4 just seems like a big waste. I don't need to comb through several years and versions of the Skyline GTR, Integra Type R and S2000 that are all the same.

This post has been edited by RalliKai on Dec 7 2013, 01:02 PM
Spaz
Posted: Dec 7 2013, 01:11 PM

Just a guy towing a car across the country to chase a dream.
Group Icon

Member No.: 30,193

LOL (Read the Forza thread and you'll get it, too.).
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Phantom_R32
Posted: Dec 9 2013, 11:20 AM

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

Welp... I just encountered another glitch in the game.

Whenever I try to race online my screen ends up turning black. It happens right when the race is starting. I can still hear the sounds of people on their mics. I'm forced to quit the game, but it ends up restarting my console instead, and making me sit through that "checking files" loading screen. I've only raced online four times. The first race was fine, but it hasn't worked since. I don't wanna test it out anymore, since I don't want my PS3 ruined from having it restarted like that every time. I knew GT6 was gonna be rushed, but I didn't expect them to let all these glitches slip by. Especially some of the game ruining ones reported on GTPlanet.

Hooray. Just realized I finally joined the 6000 posts club.

This post has been edited by Phantom_R32 on Dec 9 2013, 11:26 AM
Godarm
Posted: Dec 11 2013, 03:49 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 8,684

Seriously, did PD really listen to fans?
IMO, the only thing that interest me is the new physics, other than that nothing to rave about.
(hopes are already not high after GT5).

To quote this guy from gtvault Gtvault
From the derivative standpoint, I had much the same feelings about GT4 when it was released, but at least that game was completed by comparison to GT5. The fact that console game developers can now release online patches is a major red herring. On one hand, gamers are given the promise of new features and added functionality. The reality is it gives developers the opportunity to release poorly tested code and incomplete features. Prior releases of GT did not have this opportunity, and that is largely the reason those games felt much more complete. It used to be all or nothing when releasing console titles, and the paradigm shift to an online distribution model has forever changed that mentality. Perhaps I will change my view if/when PD completes the game. Regardless, having already spent my hard earned money for a product that is not up to snuff will leave an enduring bad taste in my mouth.

Anyways, getting credit is really tough. So many laps for such tiny bit of money. (Oh well, maybe i am too impatient whistling.gif ).

Edit: Ignoring all other bad details (lack of tracks, standards cars ....... etc). Is it worth it to play anymore? (left 1m & so many cars want to collect/try/play with)
1 race take 10 - 15min and yet money is so hard/tedious to earn. (even with 200% increase).
GT6 will be my last gt game for sure.

This post has been edited by Godarm on Feb 22 2014, 05:37 PM
Mr Deap
Posted: Dec 22 2013, 03:18 AM

It's not Exclusive

Member No.: 9,806

Time to brag. awesome.gif

Grand Final have to be completed too unlock S license test.
Proof is written in my trophies. smile.gif

12/22/2013 4:19 to complete the last events in IA which unlock S license test.
12/22/2013 5:08 to complete all S licenses on GOLD

YOUTUBE ( http://youtu.be/aQRQj174oPI )

Took me exactly 49 minutes to complete all S licenses to GOLD w00t2.gif

Phantom_R32
Posted: Jan 2 2014, 03:30 PM

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

I just finished my last GT6 event. Proud to say that I managed to get gold for every race, mission, license, coffee break.. etc etc. Although it did seem a lot easier in GT6 compared to GT5. Maybe because of the lack of B-spec mode. The trophies seemed easier this time too. I only have the tedious ones left to do, like "drive the length of the autobahn." and "win a race within .010"

5 Pages  « 3 4 5