Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 7 unique listeners, playing CLUTCHO - flyleaf (tv)

Important Rules
1 2 3 4
Initial D Latest News
  • Initial D Fifth Stage has ended with 14 episodes. [confirmed]
  • A theatrical version of Initial D is confirmed for release in August 2014. [Official Thread]
  • UPDATES : Animax has confirmed that Final Stage will be available on its subscription-based VOD (Video On Demand) service starting May 16th, 2014. It will continue where Fifth Stage left off. Consist of a total of four episodes, Final Stage will be focusing on the long-awaited final 86 vs 86 battle between Takumi and Shinji. [confirmed]
  • UPDATES : Avex has confirmed that the New Initial D The Movie will be a trilogy. First part of the trilogy is called Legend 1 -Awakening- slated for release in theaters on August 23rd, 2014 (Japan Only) [confirmed]

Please Follow These Rules
  • Please use the spoiler tag when posting content not yet covered by anime. Violator will be issued an actual warning.
  • Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
  • Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
  • Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 9,216  ·  Replies: 6 
> Why 5th stage was not memorable, Drift down memory lane
Retsuka
  Posted: Mar 12 2021, 02:05 PM

Grand Wizard

Group: Members
Member No.: 25,288

Initial D started off with the most memorable of characters, deep characters like the guy in the Mercedes, natsuki, mako and her co driver.

Iketani with the broken arm who bought some tofu to speak to Bunta.

Nakamura and shingo who would always move apart from each other in public to hide their gay romance #superstraight

Ryosuke tahakashi who had the first Initial Doctor and then Initial Drift theory.

Kuouchi Sudo the guy who went super saiyan after getting his ass handed to him and brought the misfiring system into street racing (my favourite character when I was a kid because of Goku).

My question is, why did everything go wrong in Season 5? I can't name any of the characters or remember the races outside of Kai who changed his car but still managed to spin out again vs takumi.

WHo was the British guy with the supra? Why did he lose?

Who was the Evo 7 guy? Did he even race?

What was the guys name who had a s15? Was there evena guy who raced with an S15?

What happened to the MX-5 guy who crashed his spoiler and then pulled over the side of the road to spew up?

Why did The NSX guy not vs takumi to end his streak, and instead vs'd Keisuke who at this point, had learned how to use his feet to gas pedal 1mm at a time and could teleport?

Why did the series turn to shit, when we had so many memorable characters like Wataru who was broke and used his sisters wedding money to fund his super charger, only to lose the race to FD because of rain.
kyonpalm
Posted: Mar 17 2021, 05:01 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

QUOTE (Retsuka @ Mar 12 2021, 06:05 PM)
What was the guys name who had a s15? Was there evena guy who raced with an S15?

You're in a club and these guys slap your girl's ass, wyd?

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1280 x 720. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

It's funny, after maybe ten years I just fully rewatched First Stage for the millionth time, with my fiancée for the first time, and after the last episode went straight into Second Stage and she hates the visuals already ("why does it look like Archer now?"). Of course, the series is fucking stellar up until Fifth Stage but that goes to show how much soul and character First Stage has.

I can't believe it's been like seven years since the poor dog went to pasture. We all know why it sucked by the end. The laziness affected not only the writing but also the illustration.

How did we go from this:

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1442 x 1099. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 4000 x 2819. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

To this:

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1506 x 2169. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
Retsuka
  Posted: Mar 18 2021, 07:12 AM

Grand Wizard

Member No.: 25,288

Oh I unfortunately never read the manga. You would have had to rob your local bank or Chinese karaoke bar twice over to be able to afford those back in the day.

And the two guys from tokyo were infamous, I'm talking about the other S15 driver in season 5 that took on takumi after he found jesus and stood no chance.

I also remember back in the day when these forums were buzzing with speculation. It seems that initial D has lived its best days, and the only ones excited about the series now are in their 40s with beer bellies.
kyonpalm
Posted: Mar 22 2021, 04:30 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Member No.: 30,882

QUOTE (Retsuka @ Mar 18 2021, 11:12 AM)
It seems that initial D has lived its best days, and the only ones excited about the series now are in their 40s with beer bellies.

I'm still in my 20s with a beer belly.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
TROPIX
Posted: Oct 25 2021, 02:53 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 52,365

not memorable? I found plenty was memorable.
-Keisuke's fog overtake vs Ikeda
-Pretty much everything involving Rin vs Ryosuke
-The mad dash of the FD and NSX
(personal opinion, please no bulli)

This post has been edited by TROPIX on Oct 31 2021, 05:38 AM
Tessou
Posted: Nov 16 2021, 01:38 AM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Member No.: 12,263

Overwrought, unexciting races with thad generics. A big step back in character design and especially the animation. The memorable race moments are literally the only thing remotely interesting about each race.

The NSX spins out? Neat, what happened through the rest of that race? Nothing.

The MR-S spins out? Neat, what happened through the rest of that race? Nothing.

The NB spins out? Neat, what happened through the rest of that race? Nothing. Well, he adjusted his rearview mirror so he couldn't see Takumi, was that important? What a power move.

Try watching the FD vs Evo race without looking at your phone, tablet, watch, etc. You already failed, the race is entirely inconsequential and nothing happens. Oooh wow Keisuke can flash step now, look how fast he is.

I think the issue with Fifth is that every race, bar for one, lacked any sense of tension, risk, danger. Wow Takumi is so fast, he wins. Wow Keisuke is so fast, he wins. Repeat for an entire series where the protagonists are never in any real danger of losing a race, and you have yourself a problem that many an amateur fanfic writer runs into. They ruined the one race that did have any sense of consequence by putting a ghost in the passenger seat and turning it into a Korean soap opera.

Initial D did live its best days, it's been a dead series since 2014, and there's nothing wrong with that. Every franchise dies eventually. Berserk only found it's end via the death of the creator. Evangelion met the end via getting it's head stuck far enough up it's ass to be considered clinically dead. Death Note only needed a Netflix adaptation to see it's name signed in the book. Be thankful that the live action Initial D movie didn't immediately kill the series. It got another half decade before we didn't see it next time.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
wasdessty
Posted: Nov 16 2021, 08:00 AM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 51,295

Fifth Stage was bad, but at least the arcade games are still good right? Right.