Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing Sugarcult - Riot

Important Rules
• Please use the Search function before you start a topic. Posting a repeated thread will result in a verbal warning.
• Advertising without any actual participation in the forums is consider spamming. Violator will be issued an actual warning.
• Post Initial D / Automotive related merchandise here. Unrelated threads will be locked and the topic starter could receive a verbal warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

2 Pages  1 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 22,448  ·  Replies: 25 
> Initial D promo cards (never seen), I got this 3 cards thats supposedly to "Never Seen"
MrPixar
    Posted: Nov 28 2012, 08:58 AM

Shmuck

Group: Members
Member No.: 39,607

i.imgur.com/a9iqB.jpg

Skyline GT-R SE
SAVE THE TIRES
START DASH

Do anyone know how I can get knowledge of value of this cards?

I got this card from buying dvd set of Stage 1&2.
MrPixar
  Posted: Nov 29 2012, 02:25 PM

Shmuck

nobody know the answer? I can post another picture to prove that they are mine.

sad.gif
kyonpalm
Posted: Nov 29 2012, 02:39 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

The picture's not a big deal, it's more that I just don't know anything about the game, let alone what those cards are. Sorry. Maybe they were an exclusive promo set included just in that special edition DVD set?
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
Perry
Posted: Nov 29 2012, 02:42 PM

Like an eagle!
Group Icon

Group: SITE OWNER
Member No.: 1

The Initial D card game was very popular back in 2005~2006 I believe. I doubt anyone still play it these days. Its value can vary dramatically depending on the buyer. I just don't think there is a big market for the cards at this point. Try your local craigslist or eBay to gauge how much it is on average and then set your own price accordingly.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
MrPixar
  Posted: Nov 29 2012, 03:03 PM

Shmuck

I dont know anything about those card. I got those cards from local video store in Stage 1 & 2 fumination edition. So I assumed someone put the cards inside it before they sell it or traded it in.

I cant even gauge the price because Start Dash dont exist at all. I look up tradecardonline.com, they dont have Start Dash card. They dont have picture of skyline gtr-se. They got stats and cost incorrect as well. I did contacted the admin of that website to see if they want the scan.

Eh, I guess I need go to black market for this thing? haha
JKaiba
Posted: Nov 29 2012, 05:02 PM

Alias The J'

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 16,596

Do you have scans of these? I might be interested in them. I have a copy of all but one card from this game as well as a rough self print of the unreleased set.
MrPixar
  Posted: Nov 30 2012, 07:13 AM

Shmuck

Skyline GTR-SE
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 696 x 488. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

Start Dash
user posted image

Save The Tires
user posted image
JKaiba
Posted: Dec 1 2012, 08:49 AM

Alias The J'

Yeah. Those are the promos that were sealed in with the DVDs. They're not worth that much unfortunately and their value is undefined since there's no real market for them. How much are you wanting for them?
Tessou
Posted: Dec 2 2012, 06:46 AM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Member No.: 12,263

The card game has no playerbase, was never really popular, and had very little value from the start, considering the only "rare" cards were simply pack-ins from the DVDs and manga volumes.

I have the entire collection in my attic, but see no reason to sell it because it's worthless.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Sakamoto-San
Posted: Dec 9 2012, 09:00 PM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 13,911

I also have a bundle of these, and I mean a bundle. And my reason for buying them is quite funny. I thought these were the cards needed to play arcade stage, so i went and bought these not knowing the machines actually provided you with a card to save your game data on aha and believe it or not, i actually got the cards from Gametraders back in middle school for $0.01. Yes, literally $0.01. They told me something along the lines of "these aren't actually in our system" or "they're discontinued".
Tessou
Posted: Dec 15 2012, 05:32 AM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Member No.: 12,263

QUOTE (Sakamoto-San @ Dec 10 2012, 01:00 AM)
They told me something along the lines of "these aren't actually in our system" or "they're discontinued".

Yeah, the game was introduced and discontinued within a year, I believe. It just never caught on, probably because most people despised what Tokyopop had done to the series.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Sakamoto-San
Posted: Dec 17 2012, 11:41 AM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 13,911

QUOTE (Tessou @ Dec 15 2012, 07:32 AM)
Yeah, the game was introduced and discontinued within a year, I believe. It just never caught on, probably because most people despised what Tokyopop had done to the series.

I can definitely believe that aha. And here's a pic of some of mine. blink.gif

Attached Image (Click thumbnail to expand)
Attached Image
Kazumie_leaf
Posted: Mar 27 2013, 09:15 AM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 40,210

I also have those promo cards aside from the r32 se used to be an avid player when it came out now its more for collection purposes
Takahashi Rensuki
Posted: Mar 27 2013, 09:47 AM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 40,927

Didn't even know there was a card game for ID!? Learn something new everyday. laugh2.gif
EscapeArtist
Posted: Mar 28 2013, 06:01 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 40,880

Played a game of it today! Some friends and I picked up a bunch when some guy was selling the cards for $6 per booster box.

It's a pretty fun game, although there are some exploits that can make the game unfun, but a ban list of 4 or 5 cards could take care of that.

I'd be interested in getting those promos but only to the tune of like $2 each. More of a novelty, since I've got a near complete playable.
Takahashi Rensuki
Posted: Mar 29 2013, 06:53 AM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 40,927

Does anyone sell these cards online or are they too obscure to be of any value. ermm2.gif
Seri
Posted: Mar 29 2013, 06:54 AM

Quirks and Features of IDW
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 40,610

Amazon has a bunch. Let me see if I can find them.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Wolofoloto
Posted: Apr 3 2013, 11:38 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 41,015

Anyone able to help me out? I have 600 or so Initial D cards I never really used lol.... took pics of them and Im completely unsure if theyre worth anything or not. This coming up Saturday were having a huge neighborhhod yard sale... and I was just thinking of dumping them off for 10 or so bucks just to get rid of them.... I simply just dont know if these things have any value.

If anyone cares to take a look of what I have...heres a link including all the cards I was able to find....

Towards the bottom are the parts,maps, and cars... Im assuming those hold a little more value than the red green yellow cards...seeing as how I have so many duplicates lol. Thanks ahead of time...

https://plus.google.com/photos/109719489220...352952376041569
JKaiba
Posted: Apr 3 2013, 11:47 AM

Alias The J'

QUOTE (Wolofoloto @ 9 minutes, 9 seconds ago)
Anyone able to help me out? I have 600 or so Initial D cards I never really used lol.... took pics of them and Im completely unsure if theyre worth anything or not. This coming up Saturday were having a huge neighborhhod yard sale... and I was just thinking of dumping them off for 10 or so bucks just to get rid of them.... I simply just dont know if these things have any value.

If anyone cares to take a look of what I have...heres a link including all the cards I was able to find....

Towards the bottom are the parts,maps, and cars... Im assuming those hold a little more value than the red green yellow cards...seeing as how I have so many duplicates lol. Thanks ahead of time...

https://plus.google.com/photos/109719489220...352952376041569

With only 2 starter deck cars, no drivers and few rares and no premium cards, you're right, it's it's gonna be about 10 bucks. Sorry. Someone can still make two fun decks out of em. With basic cards it's mainly a number game strategy rather than trick cards like say yugioh or magic; though I'd rather play this than say War or Pusoy Dos.
Wolofoloto
Posted: Apr 3 2013, 11:50 AM

Shmuck

QUOTE (JKaiba @ 2 minutes, 46 seconds ago)
With only 2 starter deck cars, no drivers and few rares and no premium cards, you're right, it's it's gonna be about 10 bucks. Sorry. Someone can still make two fun decks out of em. With basic cards it's mainly a number game strategy rather than trick cards like say yugioh or magic; though I'd rather play this than say War or Pusoy Dos.

Preciate the quick response....Was hoping you were gonna tell me that I had the rarest of all rare cards lol. I'll slap a $10 obo sticker on it this Saturday then. Thanks again!

EscapeArtist
Posted: Apr 3 2013, 08:25 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 40,880

QUOTE (Wolofoloto @ 8 hours, 35 minutes ago)
Preciate the quick response....Was hoping you were gonna tell me that I had the rarest of all rare cards lol. I'll slap a $10 obo sticker on it this Saturday then. Thanks again!

You have some cards I've never seen- the mod cards with the red headers. Your Trueno looks different than the standard one, too. Maybe those came with the demo decks?

The Trueno is particularly interesting- it's got 5 mod slots compared to the 4 on the regular starter version- that's a pretty big gameplay advantage.
JKaiba
Posted: Apr 3 2013, 10:12 PM

Alias The J'

oh Damn didn't notice you actually have the demo deck Trueno. I needed to click on the magnification option to notice it's the one that was in the giveaway rather than the starter deck card. You have a PM.
Wolofoloto
Posted: Apr 4 2013, 10:51 AM

Shmuck

QUOTE (JKaiba @ Yesterday, 10:12 PM)
oh Damn didn't notice you actually have the demo deck Trueno. I needed to click on the magnification option to notice it's the one that was in the giveaway rather than the starter deck card. You have a PM.

Reply sent...

And just out of curiosity... how were you able to tell? Certain markings?
JKaiba
Posted: Apr 4 2013, 11:25 AM

Alias The J'

The free demo deck and most promotional cards from the manga/DVDs often look different from the official release print. Further up this thread you'll notice a Silver/White GT-R with a semi opaque NISSAN over it. That's a promo card from the Tokyopop Episode 1 of Initial D similar to the promo card Trueno you've got from the demo deck which has a TOYOTA overlay. If you notice your FD which I believe is still in the wrapper has a different layout and doesn't have a big old MAZDA overlay, has a silver tab presumably for presentation and to help readability of the card name and has black digital number font instead of white shadowed numbers. The promo cards have a down triangle to indicate their status.

This post has been edited by JKaiba on Apr 4 2013, 11:26 AM
Lethal
Posted: May 13 2021, 03:25 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 51,826

Hi Guys, does anyone still have any of these cards.

Looking for a couple.

2 Pages  1 2