Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing Paul Harris - Everybody's Looking

Views: 7,184  ·  Replies: 16 
> [Fanfic] The Black Gale
Glocker
  Posted: Dec 5 2007, 03:05 AM

IDW Expert Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 25,591

This is actually the background of my RP character I've made somewhere else, but just decided to expand upon it. Might even become a separate fanfic if it's good enough.

===========================

Year two thousand and seven.

For anyone who fervently love cars and motorsports in Japan, 2007 would not be the year marked by the debut of the Nissan GT-R, nor by the 10th rally-bred evolution of the Lancer or its eternal nemesis the WRX STi. No, it was marked by the end of Project D, its objectives finally fulfilled.

From the craggy outcrops of Rokko to the rough asphalt of Happogahara, street racing teams and their home course records lay defeated and broken in the trail of Project D. Not even the gentle hills of Hakone were spared, its elderly rotary master and his protege wasted by the strategy, skill and experience of that tour-de-force.

Least anyone should deny Project-D's existence, the website stands in cyberspace for all to see. Videos and times recorded were kept meticulously for each region; even the most vigorous denials were silenced.

In the power void left by Project D's disbandment, pretenders tried to fill in the gap by following the same trail of their inspirators. But the teams that were left licking their wounds tore into the new challengers, seemingly projecting their vengeance upon the new blood. The wannabes were either stopped by the skilled Todo Juku the diverse Northern Saitam Alliance, led by the cunning Nobuhiro Akiyama.

But even amongst the new crop of Fujiwara wannabes and Takahashi copycats, there were some rough diamonds, giving more experienced street racers a good run for their money.

And on one windy night, such a gem showed up at Momiji Iane.
tiQlado
Posted: Dec 5 2007, 03:14 AM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 24,504

^ This is a nice enticing start. Hope to see the next bit!
Meteor
Posted: Dec 5 2007, 05:44 AM

Were you expecting something else?

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 20,929

^ This is a nice enticing start. Hope to see the next bit!

Seconded happy.gif

*adds to list*

BTW, it's spelled Saitama Alliance. Not Saitam Alliance.

This post has been edited by Meteor on Dec 5 2007, 08:43 AM
DK_2
Posted: Dec 5 2007, 06:09 PM

I wear purple pants. +1

Member No.: 25,400

This one has lots of potential!! Just try to make quick updates. thx hasn't been updating plus Touge Legends hasn't been either. sad.gif Haha. *goes off to catch up with Ghost of Akagi* laugh.gif

This post has been edited by DK_2 on Dec 5 2007, 06:09 PM
Glocker
  Posted: Dec 6 2007, 02:12 AM

IDW Expert Member

Updates should be fast, because I've got most of the story in my head. Thanks for the comments so far!

===========================================

A silver four door Honda Civic slowly rolled into the parking lot at the top of Momiji Iane, its B16A whisper quiet compared to the idling ER34 and its team members' cars on the opposite side of the lot. Atsurou Kawai was sitting on his car's bonnet and laughing with the other team members about yet another victory over another bunch of challengers who drove yellow and black RX-7s, when he noticed the driver of the Civic stepped out of the car.

A young looking man elegantly lifted a long leg out of the car, and with a graceful poise hoisted himself up and out of the full bucket seat. Closing the door with a slight hollow clank, he walked purposefully towards the Seven Star Leaf team. As he approached, street lights revealed his features. Standing at six feet, his slim, broad shouldered figure was dressed in a pair of dark blue jeans and a white long sleeved shirt. His long spiky black hair framed a pale face with large intelligent eyes, a sleek nose and a pair of thin, bloodless lips. He smiled as he approached Kawai, his lips cracking and revealing a pair of sharp white incisors.

"Atsurou Kawai," he called out when he was within earshot. "Atsurou Kawai of the Seven Star Leaf, is it not?"

Kawai stood up himself, his large muscular frame seemingly tower over the stranger.

"Who are you?"

"Ah...my name is...never mind my name actually. I'll tell you my name after the race."

"Race?" Kawai's eyebrow arched. "What race? I didn't know we had a race scheduled with someone whose name I don't even know!" He was getting a bit angry at the rudeness of the stranger.

The stranger ignored him and stared at the other team members, his eyes scanning each and every face of the team members.

"Toru Suetsugu is not here? Where is he? I wish to challenge him to a downhill race."

One of the team members spoke up. "Toru-san has quit street racing; you won't be able to get a race with him! But..." the man who replied stood up from the hood of a light blue N15 Nissan Pulsar, "but, in his place, I can race you."

"Issin! You don't have any obligation to race him!" Kawai placed his hand on the man's shoulder.

Issin merely shrugged his hand off. "You had some fun last night, now it's my turn. I think my N1-spec Pulsar is more than enough to deal with his family hatch. What are your conditions, stranger?" he asked, turning to the outsider.

The young man grinned unpleasantly. Issin suddenly felt a chill down his spine, and it might be his imagination, but was the wind picking up?

"Sudden death. Whoever gets overtaken or left behind loses. I wish to lead first."

He began walking back to his car, when he looked back one more time and remarked, "Oh...and would you please inform Toru Suetsugu that he's got a race on his hands? I mean, he won't stand idly by if his team loses to someone whom you don't even know the name of, right? Hahahaha!" And with that mocking laugh, he stepped into his silver Civic.
Meteor
Posted: Dec 6 2007, 03:13 AM

This is going to be something to see.
AE 86
Posted: Dec 6 2007, 05:53 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 15,696

Nice story here ...... Keep it up !! And looking forward to the next update .
Drew
Posted: Dec 6 2007, 06:33 AM

Bought not Built

Member No.: 12,733

Pretty sweet story.

But wasn't the 4-door Civic known as another name in Japan?

This post has been edited by Turbo_Levin_13 on Dec 6 2007, 06:33 AM
VTiRoj
Posted: Dec 6 2007, 06:35 AM

IDW's neighbourhood Roj

Member No.: 15,576

QUOTE (Turbo_Levin_13 @ Today at 2:33 PM)
Pretty sweet story.

But wasn't the 4-door Civic known as another name in Japan?

Civic Ferio. wink2.gif

Nice to see a Civic 4 door in a 'fic, bit out of the ordinary in a world of hatchbacks happy.gif

Hope to see this develop tongue.gif and the Civic kick the ER34's butt! whistling.gif
thx712517
Posted: Dec 6 2007, 09:03 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 23,877

Very powerful introduction, should be interesting to see how this develops.
Glocker
  Posted: Aug 3 2009, 04:26 AM

IDW Expert Member

Momoji Iane, halfway past 2nd checkpoint.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The brilliant silver Civic shone in the moonlight as Issin chased after him. It was the first leg, and predictably, the stranger had chosen to start first. Issin covered a sneer when the Civic driver announced that; no doubt to avoid losing in the first round as none of them have seen this car run around their home course before.

All the classic marks of a poorly skilled, overzealous ricer was there. The driver launched hard off the line, so hard that his tyres had a mini-burnout through 1st and a bit of 2nd gear, leaving an acrid smoke that's still lingering in Issin's N15 Pulsar.

It had stood on its brakes hard, and torque steered crazily out of the corners, evidence of zero throttle control knowledge and terrible braking skills. On some tight hairpins, Issin had even feared the challenger was about to crash, but the ghostly grey Civic always seemed to recover from the brink of an accident.

Issin decided to end it near the start of the 4th checkpoint, where sweeping corners and fast, blind bends were a sudden flip from tight hairpins and changing radii turns. There would be much more opportunities to over take safely, Issin reasoned, and with the way the Civic was racing, its front tires would have no more grip to block his counterattack.

As they flew past the third checkpoint, Issin's walkie-talkie crackled to life. "Passed third checkpoint...holy crap Issin-san, you just broke Toru-san's CP record by half a second!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eyes madly gleaming, the Civic driver charged hard into the tight 90-degree right turn, stamping the brakes hard with his left foot then jerking the steering to the right. The tyres shrieked in protest of this brusque treatment before obeying snappily, pivoting the Civic through the turn as if it was on rails. The participants were close to jump away from the Armco; the Civic was that close to losing control it seemed. But is all that just a plan, just a show? Are sinister tricks being played on the unsuspecting Pulsar driver, despite all signs pointing otherwise?

The Civic's B16A VTEC scream announced its 2nd gear exit out of the corner, bouncing off the 8500RPM once before he flatshifted it to third, then lifting slightly to let it settle on the first of the fast bends that will show up more and more frequently in the last two checkpoints. He glanced at rear-view mirror, and seeing the Pulsar sticking so closely to him gave him thrills. Just out of habit, the tip of his tongue slithered out slightly, wetting his lips.

He just couldn't wait to get to the fourth checkpoint.
mikethecripple
Posted: Dec 22 2009, 11:35 AM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 30,848

this is AWESOME cool.gif pity theres not more to read but hey i know good things take time wink2.gif keep it going
Glocker
  Posted: Nov 9 2012, 09:16 AM

IDW Expert Member

Momiji Lane, Carpark at the Top beginning of 4th checkpoint.

"Kawai-san, we can hear the cars approaching," the walkie talkie crackled into life, startling a troubled looking Kawai. Without a word, he got off his ER34's bonnet and got into the car, starting its RB25 heart into life.

"Wait, Kawai-san, where are you going?" asked one of the members, shocked by his apparent departure. "I'm heading to the bottom...I've got this bad feeling," Kawai announced through his driver's window, right before he launched out of the carpark.

Momiji Lane, beginning of 4th checkpoint.

"They are here!"

The howl of highly tuned four piston engines reverberated through the forest, as the silver EG9 emerged from the 3rd section with the N1 Pulsar hot on its heels. Issin's palms were sweaty, cold from the realisation the Civic ahead of him was far from some ordinary random challenger. Half a second...I had no idea I was even going this fast!

The EG9's rear lights suddenly flashed as they entered the last S-turn of the 3rd checkpoint, and Issin reacted instinctively. Lifting the throttle slightly, the engine braking slowed him down enough to be right on the challenger's rear bumper. In that split second he turned the steering wheel precisely 20 degrees to the left, tapped the accelerator again, then 50 degrees to the right and planted his foot down. The lightweight, front wheel drive Pulsar he had built cornered like a go kart, obeying his command. I have done this action a hundred, no, at least two hundred times, during the three years I have driven here...but why am I going faster? This question made his hands gripped his suede Momo MonteCarlo even harder as they charged towards the finish line.

The driver of the EG9 was almost beside himself with glee. "It's here!" he exclaims as he palmed the steering out of the last S-corner of the 3rd checkpoint. Ahead loomed C-4, a most unusual corner on an unpredictable road like Momiji Lane. The constant radii, wide lanes and a weird addition of an overtaking path on the uphill side made it stand out from the signature squiggly road of Momiji. The severe gradient change is most visible here; at nearly 13% you had to have the heart of a lion to fully commit to it.

"Yoshaaaaaaaaaa!" the mysterious Civic driver announces, attacking the temporary three lane corner with gusto. He placed his long sleek sedan on the far right, attacking the left with what seemed like a conventional out-in-out racing line. The blue Pulsar followed suit, as it had been doing during the whole match. Spectators later described they heard a loud bang, and the Pulsar suddenly lurched towards the outside of the turn, understeering and lurching into the cliff walls on the right side. The EG9 did not slow down...in fact, it seemed like the car gained even more speed, rocketing out of the corner and down towards the mountain...
shadow55419
Posted: Nov 9 2012, 12:27 PM

Meteor's partner in crime!

Member No.: 39,000

i can honestly say i'm interested to see where this goes, i haven't seen many errors but i did spot in the first where there should be an or between the last two team names mentioned (i think it was the next to last paragraph no idea)
Meteor
Posted: Nov 9 2012, 04:47 PM

Holy shit! Glocker's back and so is this fic?!
You took a damn long while to continue this (and that's an understatement), but things are still really good here. By the way, Issin here is supposed to be pronounced "Isshin", right? Just checking.

As for mistakes, only spotted one so far in this one:
I have done this action a hundred, no, at least two hundred times, during the three years I have driven here...but why am I going faster? This question made his hands gripped his suede Momo MonteCarlo even harder as they charged towards the finish line.

Didn't spot anything else.

So just what did the EG9 do here though to cause that crash? I hope Issin's okay. Also, I have to agree with shadow55419 here - I'm interested in seeing where this goes. I hope you update soon.
HyperSonic
Posted: Nov 10 2012, 06:53 AM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 38,471

I couldn't help but think of Thx, the way the fic is written, and the excitement given to me while I was reading the fic.

I really envy guys who can think fast and has a lot of time to think. If you know what I mean.

Anyway, we need more chapters.
*starts to chant more chapters*
Glocker
  Posted: Nov 20 2012, 03:39 AM

IDW Expert Member

Thanks for the feedback and encouragement guys. It's been awhile since I've been motivated to write after getting a job that was basically...writing about cars LOL. Any way I'm working on the next chapter and hope it'll keep the suspense up.