Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 8 unique listeners, playing m.o.v.e - Sweet Vibration

Automotive Section Rules
• Scenes depicted in Initial D are strictly fiction. Please follow the traffic rules and drive safely.
• When posting a classified thread, please label it with For Sale (FS), For Trade (FT) or Want To Buy (WTB) in the thread title.
• Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
• Personal videos of illegal street racing are prohibited. Do NOT brag about your exploits. Posting a video depicting dangerous/reckless driving behavior on your part will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

113 Pages  1 2 3 4 5 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 211,894  ·  Replies: 2,806 
> The "What should i buy" thread, Because choosing yourself can be hard.
Kerxn
Posted: Sep 18 2005, 12:07 PM

now clean your screen

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 3,880

f**k the FD, gas mileage sucks...

repairs suck, most shops cant repair rotaries

these ID fanboys will f**k your car (literally), they will f**k you just to ride in the car

its gonna get stolen (as it is rare) or horribly keyed, slashed, or dented or just strripped of parts and u find it in a local junkyard

Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Silent121
Posted: Sep 18 2005, 12:35 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,309

QUOTE (Kerxn @ Today at 12:07 PM)

repairs suck, most shops cant repair rotaries

Of course most shops don't do rotary, it's cus they don't know s**t about it. That's is why you find yourself a Rx-7 Mechanic or a shop. Or just do it yourself, which is what I always do.
Rudy
Posted: Sep 18 2005, 02:04 PM

Unregistered

(THIS POST WAS REMOVED BY REQUEST)
HorizontalMitsubishi
Posted: Sep 18 2005, 02:12 PM

Part of the Tessou Signature Series

Member No.: 2,022

QUOTE (Kerxn @ Today at 11:57 AM)
get a conquest or starion

you could pick up a starquest for around $2K-$3k for a really clean one then have a kdm do one of his word class motor builds with the rest of the cash.
flohtingPoint
Posted: Sep 18 2005, 02:21 PM

IDW Banned Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 1,944

Newish Ford Focus ZX3. Thats what I'd buy. Plenty of miles left on it to last you many years, good start on a decent solo II vehicle. Low insurance cost and not enough power to get yourself killed.

This post has been edited by flohtingPoint on Sep 18 2005, 02:26 PM
Macher TX Ranger
Posted: Sep 18 2005, 02:27 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 3,337

QUOTE (IOwnaS13 @ Today at 2:03 PM)
save for another year and cop a FD.

I'm guessing you didn't consider insurance, gas, and repairs into that... And the fact that he probably knows little to nothing about rotaries.
Rose Gold
Posted: Sep 18 2005, 02:31 PM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 11,151

owning a car like that.. theres only one thing that comes with it.

What are you willing to sacrifice?

gReAtWaLL4o8
Posted: Sep 18 2005, 03:30 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 6,090

maybe u should just get a 240sx....spend like $2000-$4000 on the car and u have the leftover money for mods or repairs
Silent121
Posted: Sep 18 2005, 03:44 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 6,309

If you really want an FD, save your cash up to about 14-15k, you can get a good FD around that price.
Iceman
Posted: Sep 18 2005, 03:51 PM

IDW Banned Member

Member No.: 2,488

QUOTE (Silent121 @ Today at 5:44 PM)
If you really want an FD, save your cash up to about 14-15k, you can get a good FD around that price.

there are cheaper ways to kill yourself
HorizontalMitsubishi
Posted: Sep 18 2005, 03:51 PM

i have a friend that is selling his 240. its got an s15 sr20 in it, the sr with vtc. it has 13.5 inch rims out back and the fenders have been tubbed. it has 275/35 tires on those rims and the car spins those tires through first second and third gear at only 10 pounds of boost. he wants to sell the car he is asking $8K.
Jabberwocky
Posted: Sep 18 2005, 04:16 PM

Hero or Zero cornering

Member No.: 3,476

Although it is a very good proposition. I doubt your parents want you to buy a very old car. With that is mind here is a run down of some your options. I will try to be as unbias as possible:

e36 BMW 325-330ci - Great car. Overshadowed by the M3, but a very good car by itself. You still havent said where you live but good examples like this can be had if you pay attention. Nice and luxurious. Usually rear wheel drive. Sporty. Every time I've gotten a chance to autocrossed one, I've enjoyed it. Appeals to old folks cause it is a BMW. Appeals to younger folks cause it is sporty. Appeals to chicks who dig luxury cars, as well as those who like sporty cars. Unlike some other sports cars, it is easy to find ones that have NOT been abused. My personal choice if I had to pick. I'd go for a rwd model though.

Celica GTS: Good engine. Was the one of top autocross cars for autocrossing in Gstock until the supercharged Mini came along. It is still a very good car. 4 seats. The car's light weight (~2300 lbs) make this car worth while for me even if it is front wheel drive. This car's lightness alone is why I would choose this over the newer civics, integras, rsx, focus, jetta, etc.

Sentra Spec V: Surprisingly a good autocross car. A hair slower than the integra type R, which is out of your price range.

Accord: Heavy, will never be as nimble the lighter front wheel drive cars. I dont see many people even bother autocrossing this. However,the interior is nice, if you get the V6, it has some power for the freeway. Not the 240 honda claims though, the car has more like 200-220. Heavy heavy heavy. But nice semi-luxurious interior.

Talon / Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX: 4 wheel drive. Turbo charged engine. More power can be had for cheap cheap cheap. Chronic understeer problem. Can be fixed with suspension tuning.

LS1 Camaro: Power, Power, and more rwd power. This is by far the most powerful car you can get for around 10 grand. 340 hp stock means that it will keep pace with a new m3 or an Sti. This thing can be made to corner very quickly, however it will cost you. The stock shocks suck, brakes are good. I autocrossed in Fstock for almost a year. With just 800 bucks in parts, this car is corners suprisingly well. The bad, it doesn't hold its resale value well, partially because of its redneck stigma. Poor gas mileage in the city 17-18 mpg. Decent highway- 33-35mpg. The real cost of ownership is how much you get back when you sell the car eventually (if you do). In that case, the camaro's cost of ownership is high since its value tends to drop pretty quickly. Probably not great for insurance, and your parents will hate it.

Mustang - Slower than the camaro. Unless you have the supercharged cobra, which has a terrible weight distribution. Same problem as the camaros when it comes to resale value. The GT has less hp than it is rated at. The Bullitt has more power and decent suspension. The Cobra R rocks, but is out of your price range.

Mazda miata - The absolute best car to go for a drive with your girl friend in. Just a perfect 2 person car. Suprisingly good acceleration once you get going despite what its stats are on paper. Due to lightweight, high gearing, and low unsprung weight. Great autocross car, this car cuts through a slalom like nothing else. Con: Acceleration is not that great from a stop, dont drag race any minivans, especially the v6 ones, they will spank you. Don't even try to seat 3 people, ask me how I know. =)

This post has been edited by Jabberwocky on Sep 18 2005, 08:51 PM
Iceman
Posted: Sep 18 2005, 04:32 PM

IDW Banned Member

QUOTE (Jabberwocky @ Today at 6:16 PM)

Mazda miata - The absolute best car to go for a drive with your girl friend in. Just a perfect 2 person car.

Stickshifts and safetybelts,
Bucket seats have all got to go.
When we're driving in the car,
It makes my baby seem so far.
I need you here with me,
Not way over in a bucket seat.
I need you to be here with me,
But when we're driving in my Malibu,
It's easy to get right next to you.
I say, "Baby, scoot over, please."
And then she's right there next to me.
I need you here with me,
I need you to be here with me,

This post has been edited by Iceman on Sep 18 2005, 04:32 PM
But she looked 18 of..
Posted: Sep 18 2005, 04:41 PM

I put the F U in FUN

Member No.: 1,546

I know what I would buy if I had that kind of money again but I'm not going to tell you becuase I dont want you to ruin one. smile.gif
Sasuke.Uchiha
Posted: Sep 18 2005, 06:23 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 5,146

Thanks for the recomendations and just to let you guys know I already own a rx-7 2nd generation (FC) and my dad owns an rx-8 and know a bit about rotaries also I want an import car..... my dad wouldnt get me an american car anyways...... but anyways to narrow it down I only need two seats and I dont plan on racing it or anything but I want it to have some power. sidewaysstarion where is your friend from im from california in the bay area, near san jose sacramento modesdo tracy manteca and whatever else is around these areas so if hes from around here which I doubt send me some pics at Caliguy69696969@hotmail.com
Maverick
Posted: Sep 19 2005, 08:22 AM

The Quick and The Pointless

Member No.: 2,470

QUOTE (Sasuke.Uchiha @ Yesterday at 9:23 PM)
Thanks for the recomendations and just to let you guys know I already own a rx-7 2nd generation (FC) and my dad owns an rx-8 and know a bit about rotaries also I want an import car..... my dad wouldnt get me an american car anyways...... but anyways to narrow it down I only need two seats and I dont plan on racing it or anything but I want it to have some power. sidewaysstarion where is your friend from im from california in the bay area, near san jose sacramento modesdo tracy manteca and whatever else is around these areas so if hes from around here which I doubt send me some pics at Caliguy69696969@hotmail.com

dont buy a car. Play with your FC. Thats all you need.

Not to be a dick, but these threads make me untrusting of the guy asking. IF you cant make up a decision for what kind of car you want for yourself as a person. You dont need to buy a car.

I say spend a couple in your 2nd Gen and make it a little better. You dont need a FD.
flohtingPoint
Posted: Sep 19 2005, 09:10 AM

IDW Banned Member

QUOTE (Sasuke.Uchiha @ Yesterday at 6:23 PM)
I already own a rx-7 2nd generation (FC) ..... my dad wouldnt get me an american car anyways......

If you would have mentioned you had a car already, I'd have said exactly what Mav typed. If you're still living with mom and pop, you dont really need two cars, all thats doing is chomping away at your pops pocketbook, it honestly sounds like you're spoiled.

As for your pop not getting you a domestic vehicle, I totally agree with him. I mean, who would want a car that is cheap to repair, parts are abundantly found in junkyards, broad knowledgebase and you can take it just about anywhere to have it serviced? Not me. Oh wait, crap, I already own a Ford and a Chevy right now.
Tezza
Posted: Sep 19 2005, 09:23 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 2,836

i'll be honest, i think i can my hands on a second hand 7 Spirit. with 10k USD.

since they're ultra cheap here... except the Insurance and Maintanence is gonna make you go ballistic.

are you keen on domestics or imports?
HorizontalMitsubishi
Posted: Sep 19 2005, 01:49 PM

QUOTE (Sasuke.Uchiha @ Yesterday at 6:23 PM)

the guy live in azusa which is about an hour north form me. i live just south of la. ill go up there next weekend nd take pictures for you.
Sasuke.Uchiha
Posted: Sep 19 2005, 04:43 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 5,146

The cars not really mine its my dads but he never uses it so it is basically mine.... and anyways my dad has plenty in his pocket book but that doesnt matter cuz im mainly buying this car...... and ya I think american cars suck to not just my dad and dont tell me that you think honda isnt reliable because it is............ f**k ford and chevy wink2.gif cuz my moms old ford is a piece of shit which used to be mine which is a 97 thunderbird which was not very cheap 2 fix.......
Turbocharged killa
Posted: Sep 19 2005, 04:50 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 5,605

buy a 1000 dolor civic
get a h22a 3000
other exterior stuff 3000
and instialation 3k there u go
Iceman
Posted: Sep 19 2005, 04:57 PM

IDW Banned Member

QUOTE (Turbocharged killa @ Today at 6:50 PM)
buy a 1000 dolor civic
get a h22a 3000
other exterior stuff 3000
and instialation 3k there u go

whats a exterior stuff
flohtingPoint
Posted: Sep 19 2005, 05:06 PM

IDW Banned Member

QUOTE (Sasuke.Uchiha @ Today at 4:43 PM)
f**k ford and chevy wink2.gif cuz my moms old ford is a piece of shit which used to be mine which is a 97 thunderbird which was not very cheap 2 fix.......

LOL he said ford sucks but he likes Mazda. Do you hate milk but like icecream too? Man, where do they find these guys...
But she looked 18 of..
Posted: Sep 19 2005, 05:11 PM

I put the F U in FUN

Member No.: 1,546

QUOTE (flohtingPoint @ Today at 7:06 PM)
LOL he said ford sucks but he likes Mazda. Do you hate milk but like icecream too? Man, where do they find these guys...

not just mazda, but an rx7.. oh the irony

laugh2.gif laugh2.gif laugh2.gif laugh2.gif laugh2.gif laugh2.gif

sideways
Posted: Sep 19 2005, 05:19 PM

We're the People's Front of Judea!

Member No.: 1,355

Hey i hate milk but like ice cream tongue.gif. But yes, irony follows this kid around, hell figure it out one day.

"old"

btw; MERGED to the WHAT THE HELL SHOULD I BUY thread.

This post has been edited by sidewaysgts on Sep 19 2005, 05:20 PM

113 Pages  1 2 3 4 5 »