Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 6 unique listeners, playing (WMMT3 OST) Shrewd Critic

Important Rules
user posted imageNOTE : All pinned topics were replaced by one main topic that links to important topics. Check that topic out first before starting a new one. Please read the thread (Competition) - General Rules before making a challenge topic. All challenge threads must adhere to the example challenge format. All competitions are based on a honor system, lying about your lap times could earn you an actual warning. Any kind of discussions related to ROMs, WAREZ and methods of copying copyrighted materials are prohibited in this section of the forums. Any inflammatory comments, flaming and flame baiting will not be tolerated. Violators will be issued an actual warning. These forums are for friendly competitions.

ยป FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

2 Pages  1 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 9,992  ·  Replies: 35 
> Ultimate Lap battles, the never ending challenge to be the legend of IDW
Myrnn
Posted: Jan 30 2013, 01:26 AM

IDW Expert Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 39,421

QUOTE (case @ 55 minutes, 27 seconds ago)
We don't use any aids aside from ABS, I'm not sure what SRF is. Even with any aids, I can't imagine breaking 1'11 with what we had, are you on sports soft or racing softs? It's possible that the answer could lie in the tune, we left stock settings for all our time attacks, but a full second is pretty crazy difference for this car. Even the mildest improvements we could have made in laps would have maybe amounted to the 11.6xx if we ran an amazingly perfect lap... or maybe I'm not as good as I thought! Once backalley fixes my wheel we'll have to have some head-to-head fun and see if I can't learn what I'm doing wrong, cause I've never even seen the two-wheel popup issue come into play with my driving. biggrin.gif

SRF is skid recovery force, some people say it slows you down but i find its faster for drift driving but not for grip, and for time attacks having it on as im a grip driver means faster times.

And yes im sure i didnt have racing softs tongue.gif.

Sport soft oil change and racing mod, along with abs at level 1 and srf on.

Edit: I broke into 10's last night, save and recorded the replay then did some more study on the SRF driving aid, apparently it makes unrealistic physics which helps you go faster so i turned it off.

Been playing without driving aids since last night (not even abs) and i absolutely love it, i cant believe how much more fun this game just got!!

Look out for some new videos coming soon >: D!!!

This post has been edited by Myrnn on Jan 30 2013, 01:45 PM
backalleyracer
  Posted: Feb 23 2013, 04:16 AM

IDW Goldmember

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 7,122

I have got to see that video
ThrasherDBS
Posted: Mar 5 2013, 01:04 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 39,272

Eager to try as many challenges in this forum as available, I have taken this challenge. Bought a new EK9 right off the lot, and put the Race Mod on it. Bought Sports Softs for it, and headed right to Grand Valley East, with no driving aids except ABS set to "1", and grip reduction was set to "real".

ThrasherDBS / Honda Civic Type R (EK) RM '97 / 195HP / 845kg / 441PP / 1:14.147

http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/8735/ek9lap.jpg
(Used a link because the image is stupidly-huge)

I know it's not an overly competitive time, but I wanted to bring this challenge back up.

I can also supply replay data, though I seriously doubt it's likely that people will ask for that...

This post has been edited by ThrasherDBS on Mar 5 2013, 01:07 PM
Vile
Posted: Mar 5 2013, 10:21 PM

IDW's Furfag

Member No.: 30,586

QUOTE (backalleyracer @ Feb 23 2013, 05:16 AM)
I have got to see that video

I know right, I find it quite unbelievable actually.
Phantom_R32
Posted: Mar 6 2013, 10:03 PM

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

Member No.: 1,277

For you guys that are in the 1'11 range, are you using wheels?

I'm using a controller with the old school GT setup. (x for gas, L2 and R2 for shifting.) and I can barely make it into the 1'12 range.

1'12"817
http://oi46.tinypic.com/efs2t5.jpg

I'll mess around some more tomorrow and switch my controls around. Even though I've always used X for gas. I can see how it can limit my throttle ability and possibly hurt my time. All I can say is that car is a chore. It's understeer city if you don't get your braking and acceleration spots right. The only corner I had trouble with is the tight one before the tunnel. I always find myself coming in too hot from the previous turn and ending up taking an inside line.

This post has been edited by Phantom_R32 on Mar 6 2013, 10:08 PM
Myrnn
Posted: Mar 7 2013, 01:12 AM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 39,421

As I said my time was done with SRF on which was the cause of me getting such a low time.

Either way, not going to waste my time with these threads when people have the "your time is legit as long as its slower than mine" attitude.

Good luck.
case
Posted: Mar 7 2013, 01:37 AM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 2,933

Yeah, 1'11's by backalley and I were done with my G25 setup, but he is also annoyingly fast with the controller!

@Myrnn it's not that, but the whole idea of the amount of time you were ahead by was quite a lot. coming from a couple of guys who understand what it takes to race professionally, the confusion makes sense. explaining that it was the SRF is fine by me, but don't be surprised when people are interested in how they got beat so badly! I know I was personally a little annoyed to see my time get beaten with relative ease. biggrin.gif

edit: I need to poke backalley to update the OP!

This post has been edited by case on Mar 7 2013, 01:40 AM
backalleyracer
  Posted: Mar 7 2013, 05:50 AM

IDW Goldmember

I am updating this now smile.gif

Myrnn, if you have a time with the SRF off, that would be great to see smile.gif

This post has been edited by backalleyracer on Mar 7 2013, 05:54 AM
Phantom_R32
Posted: Mar 7 2013, 08:40 AM

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

Member No.: 1,277

QUOTE (Myrnn @ 7 hours, 27 minutes ago)
As I said my time was done with SRF on which was the cause of me getting such a low time.

Either way, not going to waste my time with these threads when people have the "your time is legit as long as its slower than mine" attitude.

Good luck.

I didn't really mean for my post to sound that way. I know yours and everyone elses times are possible. I was just curious since I did pretty much everything I could with the controller. I might shave off a few hundredths later, but I doubt I'll hit the 1'11 range. I'm sure someone could probably do it with the controller. I'm just not at that level.

I really want to get a wheel soon though. Especially with the news of a possible GT6 release this year.
Vile
Posted: Mar 7 2013, 12:38 PM

IDW's Furfag

Member No.: 30,586

I don't know about you Phantom, but getting a 1'12 with the old-school setup for racing games is incredible. I just tried that earlier with a regular DS3 controller but with gas on the R2 and I could only get a 1"13"233.

Shit, your time is really close to my G27 time. 1'12'656 crying2.gif

@Myrnn

Sorry I sounded like an ass in that last post man. ermm2.gif

This post has been edited by VileFCboy on Mar 7 2013, 12:55 PM
backalleyracer
  Posted: Mar 9 2013, 06:06 PM

IDW Goldmember

ill be honest, as case mentioned, I feel I am faster with the controller smile.gif

I believe it is just how I was brought to play the game, I have been playing with controllers my whole life

2 Pages  1 2