Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing affectionate

Important Rules
• Do NOT post any torrents other than Initial D and automotive related stuff.
• Give the original torrent maker (if it was not originated from this forums.) proper credit.
• If you wish to start a new topic, please contact either the FORUM MODERATORS or one of the ADMINISTRATORS via PM or E-Mail.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

4 Pages  1 2 3 4  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 90,021  ·  Replies: 80 
> Merged: BitTorrent Clients Q and A, Questions on specific BT clients
crzydriftin
Posted: Dec 25 2004, 01:14 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,800

anyone use this program? and i cant even use this program anymore..... it acts really weird, when i open it just loads in my task manager and nothing happens after that.

guessing maybe its spyware or something with my registry. any help cause i havent been able to seed and sucks running multiple bitorrent windows when i can use just one instead to help seed. thanks
Takumi Trueno
Posted: Dec 25 2004, 01:56 AM

IDW Goldmember

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 2,098

I havent been able to use this program either. It seems pretty good. I have heard some interesting things about it. But I cant get it to work.
yamate010
Posted: Dec 25 2004, 06:56 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 3,868

happy.gif Yaa, it's a good P2p softwares. It uses Java Script so that the download speed is damm fast! I'm using it now. Try to install it after u reformat ur PC. Just 1 thing to say, Azerues is better then other P2P download programmes like Bittorrent and Bittornado!~
RakeRon
Posted: Dec 25 2004, 09:55 AM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 2,887

Vamate: You're a Shmuck. It doesn't use Java Script, it uses Java. Java =/= Java Script. And Azurues is a BitTorrent client. Maybe you meant better than the other BitTorrent clients? And kill the short hand, it makes you look like an idiot and a total noob online. Welcome to the Internet.

Thats probly why you guys are having a hard time using it because Windows doesn't come with the Java VM anymore due to a law suit by Sun Microsystems some while back. Just go to Java.com and download the latest version. That should do it. Aslo, word of advice: go to the options section on the tools menu and change your default port from 6881 to anything else because it seems like isps are throttling common bittorrent ports nowadays and some trackers ban the common ports because of that.

This post has been edited by RakeRon on Dec 25 2004, 10:03 AM
Kakashi
Posted: Dec 25 2004, 07:56 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 4,514

Azureus is really good and sometimes fast when you get everything set up correctly.
crzydriftin
Posted: Dec 25 2004, 08:03 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 1,800

y did i start this thread? cause i thought maybe some people that use this program on this forum could help me out..... but i havent been able to seed lately. just opening too many bitorrent windows, really slows down your comp.

found out its something with the java so its uninstalled and have to work backwards to get rid of spyware or whatever-ware it is plaguing my comp..... and what Kakashi said about getting the settings right for that program, its true that u get faster dl/ul speeds. just havent been able to get these small bug problems gone. freakin mutated bugs..... sad.gif
ryot4
Posted: Dec 26 2004, 03:25 AM

neko lager

Member No.: 3,975

QUOTE (crzydriftin @ Dec 25 2004, 01:14 AM)
anyone use this program? and i cant even use this program anymore..... it acts really weird, when i open it just loads in my task manager and nothing happens after that.

guessing maybe its spyware or something with my registry. any help cause i havent been able to seed and sucks running multiple bitorrent windows when i can use just one instead to help seed. thanks

next time search here... it's a site that has all sorts of info on file sharing programs... it looks legit.

http://www.slyck.com/index.php

but you might wanna reformat or clean up any viruses/spyware on pc first... azureus runs fine in my compy.
Tezza
Posted: Dec 26 2004, 05:11 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 2,836

same here....
Tarento
Posted: Jan 1 2005, 09:29 AM

IDW'S Guitar Hero b00bie

Member No.: 2,196

I use it, and it's really fast once it gets going.
M3D1C
Posted: Jan 2 2005, 07:23 PM

Minister Of Health

Member No.: 2,578

i just use ABC
LAN EVO IV
Posted: Jan 6 2005, 07:03 PM

it's not the heat, it's the humidity.

Member No.: 1,269

http://www.java.com/en/index.jsp

go here and get the java now!

click on the yellow button on the top right hand of the website

you need this program to run Azureus because it's a java based application. wink2.gif
liquidityzero
Posted: Jan 15 2005, 08:14 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 3,876

Im trying to do port forwarding for use with Bit COmet....using a DSL 512k connection.....getting only 5-10k, 20k max for downloads.

Im using a D-Link 504G.....and this router is weird ass~~ It's nothing like my Linksys....the admin page is crap~

At the port forwarding section, all it has is DMZ, enable disable, set IP

And for PF, Private IP, Protocol type, Private port, Public port ?? to ?? on ?port

It doesnt have a application section to specify the values for them

Crap~~ Can someone help me??
Tezza
Posted: Jan 16 2005, 01:48 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 2,836

damn.... i know linksys.... not this new one youre using tho.....
liquidityzero
Posted: Jan 16 2005, 05:51 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 3,876

It's ok~~ I found a way biggrin.gif
Toranksu
Posted: Jan 17 2005, 06:21 PM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 4,244

How did you do it? Im getting slow d/ls from torrents and kazaa-lite...
DriftSkillz2k5
Posted: Jan 17 2005, 06:31 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 5,083

There are 2 possible reasons why yuou are getting slow downloads off of either torrents, or Limewire, iMesh, w.e. 1. Your connection sucks, or something si wrong with your computer. and 2. there are nto very many people with the file you are trying to download, or none, therefore ythere is nowhere really to take the files from. Thats why i recomend this because everytime i have downloaded from there, i get @least 20 kb/s and from exp. with downloading initial D, thats pretty good. TRy it. if you dont have a torrent, try this. Happy downloading
zomg
Posted: Jan 20 2005, 07:41 AM

BOFH

Member No.: 4,409

If you want a quick and easy solution with D-Link or SMC routers/switches, just hit DMZ to "enabled" for your IP.

DMZ=DeMilitarized Zone, meaning that every port which isn't already port forwarded to some other IP, is forwarded to the DMZ IP, it's almost like the router wouldn't be there at all.
vi3tl2ice
Posted: Jul 4 2005, 10:17 PM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 7,501

Ok so first ill say im sorry if this was already posted or something. I need help configuring Bitcomet. im wondering about port fowarding, firewall configuring, everything that will help my speeds in bitcomet. My connection is around..313kbps and in bitcomet my max dl is like..around 30kbps
BOZZ
Posted: Jul 5 2005, 09:40 AM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Member No.: 1,414

For port forwarding it's listed under preferences... Not sure about the firewall stuff... Sometimes depending on the number of seeds and what you are downloading you will indeed have a much higher upload rate than your download rate....
vi3tl2ice
Posted: Jul 5 2005, 11:11 AM

IDW Senior Member

Should i enable public DHT network for taskes?

Also how do i seed with this program?

This post has been edited by vi3tl2ice on Jul 5 2005, 11:55 AM
zomg
Posted: Jul 5 2005, 01:47 PM

BOFH

Member No.: 4,409

30kB/s is a high and mighty speed for BT.

Seeding is done (with any prog) by leaving the torrent open after you have completely downloaded it.

And for firewalls...
Look what is your port in BT, usually 6881. You need to open that port in your firewall... since you're already getting stuff at 30, you prolly have it already open.

My connection is around..313kbps and in bitcomet my max dl is like..around 30kbps

is that actually 313 KBps or kbps?

This post has been edited by zomg on Jul 5 2005, 01:47 PM
r3d$unz
Posted: Jul 5 2005, 03:24 PM

GRRRR...YO! Apachai daio~!!

Member No.: 1,533

OK basically whenever I try to download using bittornado the download won't start or auto-reusme AT ALL says something like "unable to forward ports via PnP" or something like that Im so sick of it crying2.gif can anyone help?
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
vi3tl2ice
Posted: Jul 5 2005, 03:59 PM

IDW Senior Member

QUOTE (zomg @ Jul 5 2005, 01:47 PM)
30kB/s is a high and mighty speed for BT.

Seeding is done (with any prog) by leaving the torrent open after you have completely downloaded it.

And for firewalls...
Look what is your port in BT, usually 6881. You need to open that port in your firewall... since you're already getting stuff at 30, you prolly have it already open.

My connection is around..313kbps and in bitcomet my max dl is like..around 30kbps

is that actually 313 KBps or kbps?

whats the difference between KBps and kbps? and are you talking about bit torrent or bit tornado when you say BT? because im using bitcomet
montecristo
Posted: Jul 5 2005, 04:26 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 5,573

Are you behind a router? If your router is not UPNP, just forward the ports manually.

r3d$unz
Posted: Jul 5 2005, 04:27 PM

GRRRR...YO! Apachai daio~!!

Member No.: 1,533

No router here sad.gif
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums

4 Pages  1 2 3 4