Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 6 unique listeners, playing (Battle Stage 2) Digital Planet - Take Me Forever

Important Rules
• Please do NOT post any torrents and/or links to pirated copies of games here. Violator will be issued a verbal warning or an actual warning.
• Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
• Any kind of discussions related to ROMs, WAREZ and methods of copying copyrighted materials are prohibited in this section of the forums.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

8 Pages  « 3 4 5 6 7 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 20,127  ·  Replies: 193 
> [PS3/360/PC] TES V: Skyrim, 11/11/11
Tessou
  Posted: Nov 29 2011, 08:33 AM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

It's rarely mandatory that you attack or kill anything. The decision is up to you. A lot of the time, your companion or fellow soldiers will do the killing for you. If you go it alone, however, you can be a pacifist.

The Dark Brotherhood requires kills, though. tongue.gif
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
APX
Posted: Nov 29 2011, 08:36 AM

Join the Empire today! Or die, rebel scum!

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 1,473

So nobody told me the pros/cons of those 2 sides or whatever. o.o
Tessou
  Posted: Nov 29 2011, 09:37 AM

Group Icon

The pros and cons are the same either way. If you side with the Nords, they like you, and the Empire hates you. If you side with the Empire, they like you, and the Nords hate you.

Everybody will still work with you, there will just be some slightly different dialog depending on the side you choose. Nords call me "dog" all the time because they consider me a dog of the Empire, but they still sell me stuff and work with me as companions.
Sensation!
Posted: Nov 29 2011, 01:20 PM

As expected of country grown vegetables
Group Icon

Group: Special Snowflake
Member No.: 19,520

QUOTE (Tessou @ 5 hours, 41 minutes ago)
That's not really a trick, it's working with game lore. The Forsworn Briarhearts are shamans that, through a ritual described very briefly in "Restoring the Phial", replace their hearts with a Briar Heart. It is held in place, in an open wound on their chest, via some leather straps.

Well that I know, but I I'm surprised that Bethesda did put in enough detail to allow you to do such a thing.

In another example, Ive been told that placing desirable armor between 2 bandits will cause them to bicker over it and eventually fight over it. This i've yet to verify for myself, though i do spend most of my time traveling and experimenting around in the world. I'll get to it eventually. Finally past my 100 hour gameplay mark and i still haven't really touched the 2 main quests, for a vanilla TES game, its already blown oblivion out the water and into orbit. 65 bucks well spent cool.gif

This post has been edited by Sensation! on Nov 29 2011, 01:23 PM
Tessou
  Posted: Nov 29 2011, 03:44 PM

Group Icon

You can also shoot hawks out of the sky if you're skilled enough.

Unfortunately, being stealthy reveals some of the AI's dumber moments. You can murder an enemy, and his/her buddy will come along and inspect the scene for maybe 30 seconds (if you're undetected, obviously) before exclaiming something along the lines of "must've been my eyes playing tricks on me".

That's right. The AI forgets that a fellow AI died. Even if they're staring at the body.
Sensation!
Posted: Nov 29 2011, 05:11 PM

Group Icon

^yep, I believe the original intention for hawk feathers was to use them in Arrow crafting, along with cutting firewood as well. For w/e reason they were cut out of the game, but a modder found the existing files and reinserted them back in.
Tessou
  Posted: Nov 29 2011, 06:38 PM

Group Icon

That's what I thought!

Is there ANY purpose to the sawmills?
Ayako Watanabe
Posted: Nov 29 2011, 07:19 PM

Living In A Amish Paradise

Member No.: 2,415

Looks like its giving me issues despite the recent patch. Very to say the least. Nevertheless, I'm taking my time by exploring with my male argonian. Anybody found that factory? Can't remember the name but I do know is somewhere southeast of the Skyrim map. Thought it was interesting.

Also met with a Old Orc that wished to die. The fact that it took place on the edge of a very tall cliff on a large slab of rock made the battle even more awesome as he fell down below, soon after I delivered the final blow, all 300 style.
Jason_H.
Posted: Nov 29 2011, 09:31 PM

Safe On Block

Member No.: 1,239

QUOTE (Ayako Watanabe @ 2 hours, 12 minutes ago)
Looks like its giving me issues despite the recent patch. Very to say the least. Nevertheless, I'm taking my time by exploring with my male argonian. Anybody found that factory? Can't remember the name but I do know is somewhere southeast of the Skyrim map. Thought it was interesting.

Also met with a Old Orc that wished to die. The fact that it took place on the edge of a very tall cliff on a large slab of rock made the battle even more awesome as he fell down below, soon after I delivered the final blow, all 300 style.

I love that old orc. I carried his body up to a high peak, attracted some bandits, rogue mages and a couple dragons over the next few hours, and arranged all the corpses around him. I then left my finest bottle of mead at his side, so that when he made it to Valhalla, everyone would know that this guy was no pussy.
Tessou
  Posted: Nov 30 2011, 03:19 AM

Group Icon

I don't think Orcs believe in Valhalla (Sovngarde). They mostly worship Malacath and thus *should* go to his Daedric plane of Ashpit when they die.
venth85
Posted: Dec 1 2011, 05:40 AM

Hello again~~

Member No.: 21,309

it occurs to me, we players are actually one of the daedra laugh.gif since we "control" the dragon born
Tessou
  Posted: Dec 1 2011, 06:01 AM

Group Icon

Actually, as dragonborn is somewhat of a child of Akatosh, that would make the player an Aedra. Daedric Princes are unique in that they sacrificed their ability to create in exchange for allowing them immortality and the ability to have a physical avatar. Aedra create life, but are able to die and cannot hold a physical form.

So basically, you're Akatosh.
Jason_H.
Posted: Dec 1 2011, 08:30 AM

Safe On Block

Member No.: 1,239

QUOTE (Tessou @ Yesterday, 3:19 AM)
I don't think Orcs believe in Valhalla (Sovngarde). They mostly worship Malacath and thus *should* go to his Daedric plane of Ashpit when they die.

No, but just in case, he should definitely qualify. laugh.gif
Tessou
  Posted: Dec 1 2011, 09:37 AM

Group Icon

Malacath is the Daedric Prince of the scorned. He doesn't care about glorious deaths as much as he just cares about ugly shit. Orcs are ugly.

I'd throw Dunmer in there as well, but who knows what the hell they worship nowadays. Vivec disappeared at the end of the Third Era, and up until then, the Dunmer had accepted him (and the rest of the Tribunal - Vivec, Almalexia, and Sotha Sil) as their living God. Ashlanders, which didn't believe in the Tribunal, didn't really worship any of the Daedra or Aedra, if I remember correctly. worshipped the Daedric Prince Azura, who is considered by most mortals to be one of the "good" Daedra.

What makes me laugh is that the Nords are supremely concerned about Alduin wreaking havoc on their lands, while at the same time they readily accept Thalmor forces across the border. Thalmor are, in a nutshell, Tamriel's version of the Nazi Party. They plan to wipe out every living thing on the planet that isn't Thalmor, and the Nords are too retarded to understand. They don't care about news of how the Thalmor raided and destroyed Cyrodiil, forcing the Emperor to make Talos worship illegal (among many other racist and discriminatory things). Before that, the Thalmor completely dominated Elsweyr and enslaved the Khajiit race.

Dark times ahead. I suspect the next ES game will delve a bit more into their scheming.

This post has been edited by Tessou on Dec 1 2011, 09:38 AM
venth85
Posted: Dec 1 2011, 08:49 PM

Hello again~~

Member No.: 21,309

Another new patch will come by next week

"As of today, it’s been three weeks since we released Skyrim worldwide. We’re simply blown away by the response, from new and old fans, and amazed by the sheer number of people playing the game. It’s been absolutely fantastic hearing your stories, seeing early mods, and watching fan videos (more live music ones please, we love those).

We want to thank everyone reading this for playing our game and supporting all it tries to do. We wouldn’t have this success without you, and we want you to know we’re committed to making your Skyrim experience even better. And not just in the short term, but over the life of the game. Here’s a quick peek at what we’re working on right now:

Creation Kit (PC Only) — Beginning in January, PC players will be able to download the same development tools we used at Bethesda Game Studios to create Skyrim. In tandem with the Creation Kit’s release, we will roll out a new Wiki and videos to help you get started. It also features something we think you’re going to love…

Steam Workshop (PC Only) – We’re excited to share news that we’ve been working closely with Valve to integrate Steam Workshop into the Creation Kit. Using the Workshop, you’ll have free user content with the push of a button. The Creation Kit will bundle your mod and upload it to the Workshop, where everyone can browse, rate, and flag mods for download. You’ll be able to do this from any web device, including your smartphone. Like a live Netflix queue, when you fire up Skyrim, mods you flagged will be automatically downloaded and installed. Everyone here is really excited about the opportunities and possibilities this opens up for our entire community.

Prefer to use existing modding sites? Not a problem. You’ll still be able to upload/share/access Skyrim mods on fan-created mod sites.

Continued Game Updates – This week we released update 1.2 across all platforms, and we’ll be releasing an incremental update next week. We anticipate it will be up on PC first, and then hit PS3 and Xbox 360 later in the week. Among other things, the update will fix issues like magic resistance not calculating properly and the rare, amazing backwards flying dragon. Once the update is released, we’ll share the full release notes.

After the holidays, we’ll continue to release regular updates for the game — through full title updates, as well as incremental “gameplay updates” to fix whatever issues come up along with rebalancing portions of the game for difficulty or exploits. We plan on having a lot of these, not just a few. Overall, you should expect updates to be hitting the PC and Steam earlier and more often, as that’s a process we control. Console updates will follow, as they must be certified and processed by those manufacturers.

We all know this is a huge game, and everyone has a different experience. We’ll continue to do everything we can to make the game better and better for as many people as possible every day. We’ve also realized that with the millions upon millions of people playing Skyrim, we need to treat our updates with greater care. If we get too aggressive trying to fix a minor issue, we run a risk of breaking something larger in a game like this. To be safe, we are prioritizing code side fixes right now over data fixes. Quest and balance issues are usually data, and those will start rolling in a large way with the January updates.

Thanks again for your continued support and patience. We truly have the best fans in the world, and we couldn’t do it without you. "

New Patch Info Link

I haven't seen flying backward dragon yet but seen a dragon flew low enough and trapped in a farm, then flew in high speed circling the inside the farm, like those attraction in theme park awesome.gif

This post has been edited by venth85 on Dec 1 2011, 09:10 PM
Tessou
  Posted: Dec 2 2011, 06:19 AM

Group Icon

They need to patch Dragonrend so dragons can't fly around for two minutes before touching down. I hit an ancient dragon with it TWICE before it touched down.... about a mile away, on top of a mountain. Asshole.
APX
Posted: Dec 2 2011, 03:31 PM

Goddamn, not even 20 minutes and theres fucking spiders. -.-

3rd person = my fucking best friend. Just finished doing uh... the dragon stone thingy? I stopped at where I had to go to the tower for the dragon, so yeah, i'm very psyched about that. biggrin.gif

Wood Elf (The archer one?) is my first character, hope I didn't make a bad pick. <.<
Ayako Watanabe
Posted: Dec 2 2011, 04:05 PM

Don't know if I'm having issues with the dragons, but do I have to be in a specific area for them to finally stop going around in freaking circles and do battle? I had to goat climb a damn mountain just so the dragon can go all Wesker on me

"Aaaaah, there you are!!"

Also, decided to start over with my female Argonian. Had a much better start this time around and. changed appearance a bit.

Funny thing though, with the male Argonian I got ambushed by two.dragons,.though one got away. The one I killed though, its.bone dead body began to have a seizure all over the area laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Ayako Watanabe on Dec 2 2011, 04:06 PM
Tessou
  Posted: Dec 2 2011, 04:39 PM

Group Icon

Starting as a barbarian and transitioning into a thief/ninja is a BAD choice.

Next time, I'll go with a purely stealth + unarmed build.
APX
Posted: Dec 2 2011, 05:01 PM

Still learning a few things and such, the skill tree/constellation thingy, since i'm mainly gonna be being a fighter/archer, what do I use the points on the most?
Sensation!
Posted: Dec 3 2011, 12:57 AM

Group Icon

w/e weapon you use the most, and your play style. The base archery perk provides damage, which is worth investing in.

luckily, skyrim has allowed me to play all 3 "schools", im a dagger wielding conjuring archer thief.

the base perks (or as as its more often called in the RPG world, the "passive") are obviously the most important for alot of the skills, but invest further into a tree based purely on your how you play your character and what you use.
If you prefer to use your blade more often, it would be pointless to invest further into the archery tree as you'll rarely take advantage of its perks. Likewise, it would be pointless to invest into one handed if the bow is your primary weapon.

What i do develop the tree of the weapon that i use most. Followed by developing the BASE perk for armor and and a "situational" skill, such as sneak or block. With your foundation down, you'll quickly realize that you'll have more points than what your base perk would allow to level, at this point, id start developing the trees, going by what you think you'll need the most or find most beneficial.

Also keep in mind that alchemy, enchanting, and blacksmithing make GREAT alternatives to trees you dont want to completely invest in, despite you using a certain item or weapon linked to that tree. Leveling the base enchanting perk allows you to make some very powerful items. Even making basic poisons and potions can stack the odds of battle in your favor before the fight has begun.

Another thing to keep in mind is that the shouts also make great skill replacements. Theres no need to invest in destruction if you don't plan on playing full mage, yet you use fire breath frequently.

In example, i use the dagger very frequently, yet i have nothing invested in one handed. Backsmithing makes my ebony dagger quite a damaging weapon, and enchanting it makes it more so. I have maxed out base sneak, i have also invested in the sneak damage perks, which then allows me to 15x my damage if i successfully sneak attack with the dagger. Likewise, i can equip 2 unenchanted swords and couple that with the elemental fury shout, which allows me to literally fist of the north star anything in my path.

Just my tips, its an RPG, play like how you'd want to play it.

This post has been edited by Sensation! on Dec 3 2011, 01:01 AM
JKaiba
Posted: Dec 3 2011, 09:20 AM

Alias The J'

Member No.: 16,596

I still find it funny that you can practically lay waste to the town and its citizens and continue to ward off wave after wave of soldiers and the town's children will not care in any way that they're walking through the burning corpses of their families. The only time they seem perturbed by you is when you are in sneak mode. laugh.gif
Tessou
  Posted: Dec 3 2011, 09:22 AM

Group Icon

If you're going for the stealth approach, putting anything into smithing is a waste of time. You won't need armor (having armor is BAD for stealth) and you can easily find the higher level weapons instead of having to forge them. Seriously.

Once I had ebony smithing unlocked and I went through the paces of building a whole set, I found another complete set about a day later. Ridiculous.
Yoshida Seiji
Posted: Dec 3 2011, 09:42 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 23,634

QUOTE (Tessou @ 19 minutes, 49 seconds ago)
Once I had ebony smithing unlocked and I went through the paces of building a whole set, I found another complete set about a day later. Ridiculous.

UMADBRO?! UMAD?!

I couldn't find shit so I just made it all.
Ayako Watanabe
Posted: Dec 3 2011, 02:12 PM

Fuck yeah for 100 Speech glitch works. Stopped doing the main quest once more and proceeded to finish the side quests that have been stacking up.

I'm thinking about stopping by the Dark Brotherhood and go on a killing spree on their ass smile.gif

This post has been edited by Ayako Watanabe on Dec 3 2011, 03:32 PM

8 Pages  « 3 4 5 6 7 »