Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 10 unique listeners, playing natsu no initial (Natsuki's Theme)

Anime and Manga Forum Rules
• Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
• Use the Search function or read the Index of All Threads before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal or actual warning (if this rule is violated repeatedly).
• Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.
• Discussion of yaoi/yuri is permitted, however, posting any sexual content and material is strictly prohibited and will result in an actual warning.
• Please use spoiler tags when addressing a spoiler. Violating this rule may earn you a verbal warning. Please read this thread for more information on how to use spoiler tags.
• Please ensure that when posting images that the images are at a reasonable resolution (i.e. 640 x 480 and below) or that you use a thumbnail to link to the original sized image.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

3 Pages  1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 8,139  ·  Replies: 62 
> Eureka seveN
BOZZ
Posted: Sep 10 2006, 02:36 PM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 1,414

Actually, if anything it resembles Armored Core mecha (Kawamori worked on that as well) than Escaflowne, the LFOs are less bulky than Guymelef and other Escaflowne mechas.
haspieuw
Posted: Sep 10 2006, 02:41 PM

IDW Lurker

Member No.: 2,006

QUOTE (BOZZ @ Today at 3:36 PM)
Actually, if anything it resembles Armored Core mecha (Kawamori worked on that as well) than Escaflowne, the LFOs are less bulky than Guymelef and other Escaflowne mechas.

but arent LFOs half mechanical and half biological ?
BOZZ
Posted: Sep 10 2006, 02:42 PM

I have absolutely no clue, I haven't watched enough to know if they are or aren't...
MidnightViper88
Posted: Sep 10 2006, 04:32 PM

Ballistic heartbreak

Member No.: 1,034

Eureka Seven is probably the only series I'm consistantly following right now, due to the convenience that I can just tune into adult Swim every Saturday night to watch it... tongue.gif I'm really starting to like it even better as the episodes go on...

As for the LFOs, I'm pretty sure they're mechanical/biological...According to Wikipedia:

LFOs are, in fact, humanoid alien skeletons excavated from the Scab Coral that are installed with armor and control systems by humans.

Looks like the LFOs are something of comparison to the EVA series in NGE...

I was wondering that same question last night when episode 20 aired; Some of the KLFs Renton attacked (Through things such as impalement) actually started to gush blood from their wounds (Instead of just blowing up, as when they're severed in two)...
WRX DEMON Type R
Posted: Sep 10 2006, 06:39 PM

Group: Banned
Member No.: 3,276

Yeah, i remember seeing blood too!

I knew it! These things ARE skeletons. Just like i thought they were. How nasty, and yet cool at the same time. Isnt the Guymelef in Escaflowne also a skeleton of a dragon incorporated with magic and technology?

This post has been edited by WRX DEMON on Sep 10 2006, 06:46 PM
BOZZ
Posted: Sep 10 2006, 06:46 PM

They had blood... in the first episode? I thought the only big thing in the episode was that...
explosion at the end of the episode.

So far I haven't seen any blood yet, then again I am only on Episode 9.
WRX DEMON Type R
Posted: Sep 10 2006, 06:50 PM

Group: Banned
Member No.: 3,276

It's very subtle. You can hardly see it and it's only there for a split second.
MidnightViper88
Posted: Sep 10 2006, 07:18 PM

Ballistic heartbreak

I hardly remember anything from the first episode... tongue.gif

Care to give me a flashback?
BOZZ
Posted: Sep 10 2006, 08:12 PM

It's pretty much Renton acting all angsty about being in his city, idol worshiping Holland, then having Holland and Co. fight against their foes around his home (which his grandfather's shop). Renton ends up piloting the Nirvash Type O and uses this thing his grandfather gave him for the Nirvash, eventually the Nirvash does some crash attack that destroys its enemies and makes a crater of salt where land used to be.
SpaceCowboy
Posted: Oct 16 2006, 10:07 PM

IDW Expert Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,395

Reviving a dying thread.

Just finished Nanashi's last batch. Holy crap, that show was amazing compared to anything that had come out recently/at the time it was released. Managed to light a small fire in the darkness of my chest cavity.

Ending could have been done better, but for what the show was, it was great. Definately something I would watch again given the time.

I know the show starts out kind of slow, but there almost isn't a single episode that has plot/character development in it, and the pacing made it a good show.
BOZZ
Posted: Oct 16 2006, 10:18 PM

Ah yes, they finally finished it up... I really should get around to downloading their episodes 43-50.
haspieuw
Posted: Oct 17 2006, 07:24 AM

IDW Lurker

Member No.: 2,006

QUOTE (SpaceCowboy @ Yesterday at 11:07 PM)
Reviving a dying thread.

Just finished Nanashi's last batch. Holy crap, that show was amazing compared to anything that had come out recently/at the time it was released. Managed to light a small fire in the darkness of my chest cavity.

Ending could have been done better, but for what the show was, it was great. Definately something I would watch again given the time.

I know the show starts out kind of slow, but there almost isn't a single episode that has plot/character development in it, and the pacing made it a good show.

whats wrong with the ending ?
i found it pretty good
SpaceCowboy
Posted: Oct 17 2006, 09:07 AM

IDW Expert Member

QUOTE (haspieuw @ Today at 8:24 AM)
whats wrong with the ending ?
i found it pretty good

The closure was good, but SSJ4 Nirvash, carving the moon, just a bit cheesy, but thats can be expected in a show about surfboarding mecha. For the happy factor, that did the trick.

The last scene at the end with Axel closed up pretty well, but I would have liked to see more of the Gekko-go crew afterwards.
driftshift
Posted: Nov 8 2006, 08:36 PM

MR Yama Denrei

Member No.: 20,247

LFOS ROCK!
MidnightViper88
Posted: Apr 29 2007, 11:26 AM

Ballistic heartbreak

I suppose the whole thing over the Nirvash spec3 could be loaded with cheese, but I think things like that have more to do with the antagonist turning into the uber-hero more than anything...Compare Renton to how (Off the top of my head) Shinji from Eva or Ayato from RahXephon all "saved" the world, and you can see there's a bit of cookie-cutting going on...

Overall, I thought the series was worth the wait and watch (Especially the wait, since it's airtime on AS gave me something to live for this past year and some; Now what am I gonna do now it's over? laugh.gif tongue.gif )...It was pretty diverse, covering a lot of genre areas such as action, drama, romance, and comedy all in one...There was plenty of time to delve into plot and character development and still be able to bring things to a close as well...

That being said, I think the Eureka Seven universe can still be good for a few more kicks...There are still a lot of unanswered questions and uncharted backstories that could be made into OVAs (Off the top of my head, things such as the story behind Anemone/theEnd and the First Summer of Love)...And if it's possible (Without writing the story into wall), continue with a small eplilogue series of a sort...

Either way, it sure wasn't at all what I had first expected it to be... grin2.gif
SpaceCowboy
Posted: Apr 29 2007, 02:28 PM

IDW Expert Member

Well, AS kinda messed up the ending. They cut out an opening monologue and the 1 year later ending and placed it with the cut opening and ending. There's a few more minutes than what you saw on AS.
MidnightViper88
Posted: Apr 29 2007, 02:49 PM

Ballistic heartbreak

Yeah, I knew there was a short "epilogue" ending, so I kind of went into a "WTF" mode when AS ran the normal credits...Had to find a website that hosted the episode for online streaming, and although it wasn't fansubbed, I still got around to seeing it...

They also apparently cut out Eureka's opening monologue too...

I don't know why they did it, though...Some of the other titles AS airs, if they have alternative scenes in place of the normal credits, they air them (Like the last episode of GitS:SAC 2nd GIG or Cowboy Bebop)... rolleyes.gif
BOZZ
Posted: Apr 29 2007, 09:30 PM

Please guys use the spoiler tags a bit guys, I've yet to finish watching Eureka Seven... ><
MidnightViper88
Posted: Apr 30 2007, 08:17 AM

Ballistic heartbreak

I don't see where anything critical to the plot is being "spoiled" here... rolleyes.gif
BOZZ
Posted: Apr 30 2007, 10:27 AM

I see a few bits here and there actually...
MidnightViper88
Posted: May 5 2007, 07:45 PM

Ballistic heartbreak

Hmm...I don't know why I didn't catch this earlier, but AS will be re-airing episode 50 tonight, this time including Eureka's opening monologue and the ending epilogue...

http://boards.adultswim.com/adultswim/boar...=3927806&page=1

...well, I did find out earlier, curiosity last night about what the Adult Swim Fix was airing where I found the episode in its entirity was up there, but I didn't know they were gonna do a re-air...
awdrifter
Posted: Sep 9 2007, 03:24 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 15,255

Just watched 3 eps of this series, got a few questions. What exactly did Renton's father do? Did he invent the LFO's? And is Moonlight State a terrorist group, why are the government military after them? Thanks.
The New Guy
Posted: Sep 9 2007, 05:29 AM

wandering idiot

Member No.: 24,420

Wow I didn't even know this was here anyways i've seen them all soo
SPOILER
On YTV were on EP 40 which is the last season and one of the few last EP's 10 more to go and it's all over.
Spike Razzor
Posted: Sep 9 2007, 09:18 AM

The lazy racer, getting faster with less effort.

Member No.: 24,227

I stopped watching Anime on TV, mainly because I'm working at night and I don't know whats going on anymore =(.
The New Guy
Posted: Sep 9 2007, 04:00 PM

wandering idiot

Member No.: 24,420

QUOTE (awdrifter @ Today at 7:24 AM)
Just watched 3 eps of this series, got a few questions. What exactly did Renton's father do? Did he invent the LFO's? And is Moonlight State a terrorist group, why are the government military after them? Thanks.

SPOILER

Hopefully that helped.

The New Guy.

3 Pages  1 2 3