Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 7 unique listeners, playing move - Nobody reason ~Noah no Hakobune~

Important Rules
1 2 3 4
Initial D Latest News
  • Initial D Fifth Stage has ended with 14 episodes. [confirmed]
  • A theatrical version of Initial D is confirmed for release in August 2014. [Official Thread]
  • UPDATES : Animax has confirmed that Final Stage will be available on its subscription-based VOD (Video On Demand) service starting May 16th, 2014. It will continue where Fifth Stage left off. Consist of a total of four episodes, Final Stage will be focusing on the long-awaited final 86 vs 86 battle between Takumi and Shinji. [confirmed]
  • UPDATES : Avex has confirmed that the New Initial D The Movie will be a trilogy. First part of the trilogy is called Legend 1 -Awakening- slated for release in theaters on August 23rd, 2014 (Japan Only) [confirmed]

Please Follow These Rules
  • Please use the spoiler tag when posting content not yet covered by anime. Violator will be issued an actual warning.
  • Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
  • Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
  • Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

5 Pages  1 2 3 4 5  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 153,470  ·  Replies: 105 
> Initial D All-In-One Download Thread, The only thread you'll ever need(ed).
jy1235689
Posted: Jun 8 2015, 03:00 PM

The lurker

Group: Members
Member No.: 37,471

^^^Lol
minah09
Posted: Jun 9 2015, 11:34 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 45,614

thanks for sharing.
Heldent
Posted: Sep 24 2015, 07:08 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 40,634

seeds please.
Dinosbacsi
Posted: Oct 17 2015, 01:45 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 43,700

I feel like rewatching the series (or some parts of it at least) so I'm downloading the whole thing then gonna seed it until eternity. Just like I do with Ookami-san.
speedracex
Posted: Dec 10 2015, 06:24 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 22,934

I don't see any seeders for the Manga torrent. If someone can please seed, id appreciate it.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Dec 10 2015, 10:03 PM

ShiMACHaze

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 5,394

http://bakabt.me/torrent/155852/initial-d

Looks seeded to me...
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
speedracex
Posted: Dec 15 2015, 08:17 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 22,934

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ Dec 10 2015, 10:03 PM)
http://bakabt.me/torrent/155852/initial-d

Looks seeded to me...

Yea it started downloading a couple minutes after posting, thanks
sanelcar
Posted: Jan 1 2016, 06:50 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 46,176

Thank u for making my start in year 2016 the best possible. And a happy new year biggrin.gif
Tessou
Posted: Jan 1 2016, 07:18 PM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

Hope you post more often than just this once. It's not hard to make links completely invisible to newbies.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
GoP-Demon
Posted: Feb 14 2016, 02:05 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 43,878

Is there 2 different versions of battle stage 1? The one here doesn't have the movie battle between takumi and ryouske. Also in this one the order is a bit different after the rain battle. This one has the battle at the end. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8SneYF-TaY

This post has been edited by GoP-Demon on Feb 14 2016, 02:08 PM
Rain197
Posted: Feb 14 2016, 02:23 PM

euro☆neko

Member No.: 45,553

It isn't this ?
YOUTUBE ( https://youtu.be/a8SneYF-TaY?t=48m43s )
GoP-Demon
Posted: Feb 14 2016, 05:28 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 43,878

No its by Soldats and its like 40 minutes.

It's missing the GTR vs fd3s and the final fc vs ae86 battle.

The order is weird also. It goes fc vs ae86 then rain battle then snow battle then back to emporer battle.

This post has been edited by GoP-Demon on Feb 14 2016, 05:32 PM
CARiD
Posted: Feb 15 2016, 06:35 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 46,265

Pretty cool video though
Ryutsuki
  Posted: Feb 24 2016, 06:13 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 44,738

My god...
Metamorphic
Posted: Apr 17 2016, 01:30 AM

IDW Goldmember

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 4,338

Thanks for the share. I can finally see how this ends biggrin.gif I fell behind when fifth stage came along because I couldn't find any subs. And I had since lost the CDs I burnt off the original four stages its good to relive the excitement again!
Ryutsuki
Posted: May 26 2016, 04:11 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 44,738

This is fantastic...
avkel
Posted: Jun 6 2016, 03:01 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 46,551

thank you for sharing
PedroCaseiro95
Posted: Aug 30 2016, 06:34 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 47,449

I'm new to the Initial D world! Thank you very much! I'm 21 I don't know how it is possible that during all my childhood I missed this amazing anime!

Btw, I can't download the manga !
Classic324
Posted: Aug 31 2016, 06:10 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 45,910

QUOTE (PedroCaseiro95 @ Yesterday, 6:34 AM)
I'm new to the Initial D world! Thank you very much! I'm 21 I don't know how it is possible that during all my childhood I missed this amazing anime!

Btw, I can't download the manga !

Try downloading the manga from here: nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=841944
I downloaded it from there some time ago and I had no problems.

The torrent should have all of the volumes and chapters but some of those are with English translation names.

I hope that this will help!
PedroCaseiro95
Posted: Sep 1 2016, 08:36 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 47,449

QUOTE (Classic324 @ Yesterday, 6:10 AM)
Try downloading the manga from here: nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=841944
I downloaded it from there some time ago and I had no problems.

The torrent should have all of the volumes and chapters but some of those are with English translation names.

I hope that this will help!

It worked ! Thanks! btw, Battle Stage has horrible quality sad.gif

This post has been edited by PedroCaseiro95 on Sep 1 2016, 08:39 AM
KevinMCMXXCIX
Posted: Nov 5 2016, 10:23 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 40,717

Thanks a BUNCH for this topic. My external hd is a RAW format now so I can't get in it.
So i'm downloading this one instead of episode by episode or season by seaon. happy.gif
magiblot
Posted: Mar 4 2017, 03:36 PM

Speed Speed Lover ☆

Member No.: 46,334

Hello! I'm not sure if this is the best place to post this, but I'll be getting to the point anyway:

I'm looking for somebody who's willing to share a original VOB file from the Initial D First Stage TokyoPop DVDs. The reason being is that the current downloadable versions are not very well deinterlaced. For instance, the one shared in this thread has good quality, but animated parts have a noticeable amount of ghosting:

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 720 x 549. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

Ghosting is caused by using the wrong deinterlacing algorithm, since it is possible to recover the original 24 fps animation, with no blending between frames.

On the other side are the CGI parts, which are natively rendered at 30 or 60 fps -- I can't exactly tell because I haven't seen the DVD source, but if as I suspect, the CGI animations are also interlaced, I could get them back into full 60 fps, because there exists another deinterlacing method for that.

However, there are other problems in the version shared here, as this 'pixellated' scene and the dot crawl noise:

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 720 x 549. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image

But these defects were introduced in Funimation's production process and the rippers are not to blame for them.

At this point I remind that the TokyoPop DVDs are said to have better video quality, and thus if somebody could share a sample I could try making a better quality release of the series.

So, if you want to help, please PM me! user posted image

This post has been edited by magiblot on Mar 5 2017, 05:39 AM
xiao
Posted: Mar 4 2017, 05:10 PM

moon bunny

Group: XIAO
Member No.: 13,323

QUOTE (magiblot @ 1 hour, 20 minutes ago)
For instance, the one shared in this thread has good quality, but animated parts have a noticeable amount of ghosting:

I always thought the ghosting was just a natural part of the original animation haha laugh.gif derp.gif ~

QUOTE (magiblot @ 1 hour, 20 minutes ago)
On the other side are the CGI parts, which are natively rendered at 30 or 60 fps -- I can't exactly tell because I haven't seen the DVD source, but if as I suspect, the CGI animations are also interlaced, I could get them back into full 60 fps, because there exists another deinterlacing method for that.

Even if whatever 3D animation program the studio used to render the original CGI was done at 30 fps let alone 60 fps ~ it was probably all compressed into whatever anime motion picture FPS standard Japan had at that time for TV broadcast, laser discs, and DVD's ...

So I'd advise not just the TokyoPop DVD's (as I've heard they got better quality too) BUT the very first instance of Initial D for Digital ie. → try & find the earliest instance of Initial D on laser disc and/or DVD's ... via someone in Japan that can go to those hole in the wall rental or Mandarake~like Book-Off stores that could have the original Jap pressings! ohmy.gif

Good luck tho' clover.gif I've always just watched the Funi subs & never noticed anything haha ~ XD
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
kyonpalm
  Posted: Mar 4 2017, 07:24 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

QUOTE (magiblot @ 3 hours, 48 minutes ago)
Hello! I'm not sure if this is the best place to post this, but I'll be getting to the point anyway:

I'm looking for somebody who's willing to share a original VOB file from the Initial D First Stage TokyoPop DVDs. The reason being is that the current downloadable versions are not very well deinterlaced. For instance, the one shared in this thread has good quality, but animated parts have a noticeable amount of ghosting:

http://i.imgur.com/UHXeilh.png

Ghosting is caused by using the wrong deinterlacing algorithm, since it is possible to recover the original 24 fps animation, with no blending between frames.

On the other side are the CGI parts, which are natively redered at 30 or 60 fps -- I can't exactly tell because I haven't seen the DVD source, but if as I suspect, the CGI animations are also interlaced, I could get them back into full 60 fps, because there exists another deinterlacing method for that.

However, there are other problems in the version shared here, as this 'pixellated' scene and the dot crawl noise:

http://i.imgur.com/PLWbr7b.png

http://i.imgur.com/0BoqvHJ.png

But these defects were introduced in Funimation's production process and the rippers are not to blame for them.

At this point I remind that the TokyoPop DVDs are said to have better video quality, and thus if somebody could share a sample I could try making a better quality release of the series.

So, if you want to help, please PM me! http://forum.animelliure.net/images/smilie...ee_steering.gif

As I recall, the ghosting is still just as bad in the DVDs themselves. If no one else steps to the plate, I might rip one of mine, just to see for sure.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
magiblot
Posted: Mar 5 2017, 12:43 AM

Speed Speed Lover ☆

Member No.: 46,334

QUOTE (kyonpalm @ 4 hours, 51 minutes ago)
As I recall, the ghosting is still just as bad in the DVDs themselves.

That's normal. When converting animation (24 fps) to NTSC standard (30 fps), some frames are repeated or mixed. In playback, this results in ghosting. But it's totally soft ghosting, it can be reversed (if, and only if the video is still interlaced -- that's why I need a original VOB file). It's unusual to find unremovable ghosting in NTSC releases. That would mean the production team was very inexpert. More info here.

QUOTE (xiao @ 7 hours, 6 minutes ago)
~Even if whatever 3D animation program the studio used to render the original CGI was done at 30 fps let alone 60 fps ~ it was probably all compressed into whatever anime motion picture FPS standard Japan had at that time for TV broadcast, laser discs, and DVD's ...

Obscure standards are not frequent in the world of TV broadcasting. In fact, for I know the standard is 30 fps interlaced, it could contain a 60 fps animation.

QUOTE (xiao @ 7 hours, 6 minutes ago)
So I'd advise not just the TokyoPop DVD's (as I've heard they got better quality too) BUT the very first instance of Initial D for Digital ie. → try & find the earliest instance of Initial D on laser disc and/or DVD's ... via someone in Japan that can go to those hole in the wall rental or Mandarake~like Book-Off stores that could have the original Jap pressings! ohmy.gif

That's what all of us would like to do XD but since it might be a difficult search I prefer trying with what we already have in first place.

This post has been edited by magiblot on Mar 5 2017, 12:46 AM

5 Pages  1 2 3 4 5