Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 7 unique listeners, playing Nakazato's Theme

Rules and Policies
Please remember that participating in flame wars will be severely punished. General forum rules apply. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

AS Section Announcement : This subforum has been renamed to Community and General Chat from the previous name Tournaments / Teams / Locations due to the recent changes in AS section. This section will serve as a general chat forum for the Initial D Arcade Stage community from now on. By general chat, we mean topics that are not related to the game itself such as the latest tournaments, places to hang out, discussion about a certain gamer.. etc. Make yourself comfortable posting here. One last thing, NO flaming and NO spamming.

ยป FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 2,760  ·  Replies: 13 
> ID5 - Brisbane Australia - IC cards are in
Raph
  Posted: Apr 2 2009, 07:15 PM

Shmuck

Group: Members
Member No.: 32,431

Hi guys, Raph again from Timezone in Albert St Brisbane. Sorry if I seem like I'm advertising, but I promised I'd get back to you guys.

Just letting everyone know that our first lot of ID5 IC Cards arrived and have been "installed" into the machine.

Please note that I unfortunately know very little about whether ID4 cards can be converted. I've heard that english ID4 cards can't convert - I've also heard that japanese ID4 cards can't convert either.

I'm more than willing to watch and learn if any customer is willing to risk losing their ID4 data (as I don't know what the machine will do to your ID4 card and the manual isn't helpful on the matter).

Anything you guys can teach me would be great and I intend on getting myself a card of my own to play with (MR-2 can still get a snorkel for underwater drifting, yes? biggrin.gif ).

Thanks,
Andrew
-ShinRei-
Posted: Apr 2 2009, 07:24 PM

The Legendary R Master

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 29,882

OH WOW, if only The Manager in My Area would be like You.. dry.gif

Cos in here, I'm the one volunteering to help the Technicians by learning from Forum, Research on My Own and all..The Manager didn't allow Me to do so, thinking He's smarter than Me and all, He isn't even trying to help out the Players here, I'd prefer the Technicians.. pinch2.gif
J]-[UN
Posted: Apr 2 2009, 08:00 PM

IDW Supremo Member

Member No.: 5,953

ID4 cards arent transferable to ID5 Export version regardless of language.

Apparently ID5 Export version cards don't work with Japanese ID5 machines either...which is really dumb marketing
-ShinRei-
Posted: Apr 2 2009, 08:58 PM

The Legendary R Master

Member No.: 29,882

Exactly, it's better if they'd just give us their's Japanese Ver Machine instead of the Export Version one.. dry.gif
stormfox
Posted: Apr 3 2009, 08:23 AM

Underdog Nutcase

Member No.: 32,096

well... once you start playing and enjoying the game... the unable-to-convert issue will go away soon enough smile.gif

Good enough Raph
o MADAZ o
Posted: Apr 4 2009, 07:08 PM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 32,223

Looks like I'll have to come and have a few games over easter weekend. w00t2.gif
TougeSpirit
Posted: Apr 5 2009, 09:52 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 25,759

QUOTE (J]-[UN @ Apr 2 2009, 08:00 PM)
ID4 cards arent transferable to ID5 Export version regardless of language.

Apparently ID5 Export version cards don't work with Japanese ID5 machines either...which is really dumb marketing

still don't understand why ID4 cards aren't transferrable to export... kinda starting to piss me off
Jimmy155
Posted: Apr 6 2009, 03:00 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 32,419

QUOTE (Raph @ Apr 2 2009, 07:15 PM)
Hi guys, Raph again from Timezone in Albert St Brisbane. Sorry if I seem like I'm advertising, but I promised I'd get back to you guys.

Just letting everyone know that our first lot of ID5 IC Cards arrived and have been "installed" into the machine.

Please note that I unfortunately know very little about whether ID4 cards can be converted. I've heard that english ID4 cards can't convert - I've also heard that japanese ID4 cards can't convert either.

I'm more than willing to watch and learn if any customer is willing to risk losing their ID4 data (as I don't know what the machine will do to your ID4 card and the manual isn't helpful on the matter).

Anything you guys can teach me would be great and I intend on getting myself a card of my own to play with (MR-2 can still get a snorkel for underwater drifting, yes? biggrin.gif ).

Thanks,
Andrew

*bump* omg.. andrew is on the forum XD ... anyway.. i told you already.. andrew.. version 4 english card cant be used... as well.. i've tested my japanese id4 card and didnt work =.=^

anyway... cya tomorrow... andrew...

PS: full tuned the card today =O
khce2000
Posted: Apr 9 2009, 04:59 AM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 32,132

phew.. i almost asked sum1 to buy a card which i shouldn't have bought. lucky for the info that is spreading here. thanks guys.
o MADAZ o
Posted: Apr 10 2009, 12:02 AM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 32,223

Any chance of ID5 going to be at chermside?
kyochan19792002
Posted: Apr 13 2009, 06:47 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 27,644

Hello to all Australian players laugh.gif I am now studying in Toowoomba smile.gif Is there any places where I can find Initial D?! crying2.gif I miss the game so much in Singapore crying2.gif What?! blink.gif Version 4 cards can't be used on Version 5 machines?!!! crying2.gif

By the way, is there anyone start playing Initial D in Australia in this moment? I have heard that some cars are not easy to control like before sad.gif May need to think twice if I should still use AE85 in this new game unsure.gif

Anyway, I may not be able to reply to anyone of you because my school has banned me from accessing this website! rant.gif Dumb!!! rant.gif
Jimmy155
Posted: Apr 13 2009, 07:24 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 32,419

QUOTE (kyochan19792002 @ 36 minutes, 11 seconds ago)
Hello to all Australian players laugh.gif I am now studying in Toowoomba smile.gif Is there any places where I can find Initial D?! crying2.gif I miss the game so much in Singapore crying2.gif What?! blink.gif Version 4 cards can't be used on Version 5 machines?!!! crying2.gif

By the way, is there anyone start playing Initial D in Australia in this moment? I have heard that some cars are not easy to control like before sad.gif May need to think twice if I should still use AE85 in this new game unsure.gif

Anyway, I may not be able to reply to anyone of you because my school has banned me from accessing this website! rant.gif Dumb!!! rant.gif

lol no chance of finding ID5 machines is Toowoomba....mate.... I used to live there... its a place of nothing but flower and bird...

anyway which bloody school do u goto o.O .. let me guess... Toowoomba Grama.. or Toowoomba Prep ? XD

BDDEE@
Posted: Apr 13 2009, 08:08 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 21,568

you should really change to a school in brisbane, where there is actually arcades and more friendly people
toowoomba = nothing ... just hillbillys hahaha
Serane
Posted: Apr 14 2009, 04:29 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 27,802

Finally got to play on Easter. Awesome game, I stopped playing 4 after there was no one to vs anymore, but it looks like this will be a bit more popular this time.

If only I could go more often T_T.