Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing (Battle Stage 2) Phil - Crazy & Ready

Important Rules
user posted imageNOTE : All pinned topics were replaced by one main topic that links to important topics. Check that topic out first before starting a new one. Please read the thread (Competition) - General Rules before making a challenge topic. All challenge threads must adhere to the example challenge format. All competitions are based on a honor system, lying about your lap times could earn you an actual warning. Any kind of discussions related to ROMs, WAREZ and methods of copying copyrighted materials are prohibited in this section of the forums. Any inflammatory comments, flaming and flame baiting will not be tolerated. Violators will be issued an actual warning. These forums are for friendly competitions.

ยป FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 2,257  ·  Replies: 13 
> Opinion On My Tuning, Sileighty 300HP
Red Dragon Racers Le..
    Posted: Nov 16 2007, 08:29 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 24,150

I tuned a Sileighty but it understeers sometimes. So can anyone help me with it?

Parts:
Rank 3 Intake and Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Controller
Oil Polish
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
Close Transmission
Triple Plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
Full Customized LSD
Carbon Driveshaft
Rank 1 Turbo
Rank 1 Intercooler
Original Aftermarket Suspension
Racing Tires: Super Hard
Rank 3 Lightweights
Stiffness

Suspension Specs
Springs 6.6 5.6
Ride Height 95 95
Shocks 7 7
Camber Angle 4 1
Toe Angle 0 0
Stablilizers 4 4

NO DRIVING AIDS
outlaw-2
Posted: Nov 16 2007, 09:20 PM

Always Lurking...

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 20,050

For the suspension, if I recall, I tend to use these specs...

Springs: 12/10 OR 9/7.6
Ride Heights: 105/105 OR 100/105
Shocks (Bound): 8/8
Shocks (Rebound): 5/5
Camber angle: 2/1
Toe angle: 0/0
Stabilisers: 3/3 OR 4/3

I'm not too sure myself. My GT4 disc is a goner for now... Go and try it. I tend to prefer oversteer. And yes, get a full customise suspension instead of the original suspension.

This post has been edited by outlaw-2 on Nov 16 2007, 09:21 PM
Red Dragon Racers Le..
  Posted: Nov 16 2007, 11:41 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Thanks, I'm guessing this tuning is used for drifting? The specs above were for grip racing and for low hp cars. If you used my racing line, you'll see it's at neutral handling but braking too late makes it unbalanced and causes you to understeer. I had a 1980's silvia K and it has the same specs. There's little oversteer but not a lot to make you spin out or help you drift.
VTiRoj
Posted: Nov 17 2007, 01:56 AM

IDW's neighbourhood Roj

Member No.: 15,576

Tweaking the LSD is always a good step towards changing the handling of your car. Try
Initial: 15
Accel: 40
Decel: 10
as a start, and tweak from there, seeing what works, what does. Also rear biased brakes will help bring the back out a bit during braking, killing off some corner entry understeer.

Oh, and try Sports Soft tyres too, I find with low HP, S tyres are pretty much perfect. smile.gif R tyres would be too grippy, and probably causing you to understeer.
outlaw-2
Posted: Nov 17 2007, 02:13 AM

Always Lurking...

Member No.: 20,050

QUOTE (Red Dragon Racers Leader @ Yesterday at 11:41 PM)
Thanks, I'm guessing this tuning is used for drifting? The specs above were for grip racing and for low hp cars. If you used my racing line, you'll see it's at neutral handling but braking too late makes it unbalanced and causes you to understeer. I had a 1980's silvia K and it has the same specs. There's little oversteer but not a lot to make you spin out or help you drift.

Actually, the set-up I had posted was actually my normal grip settings. I tend to brake first before turning in hard before adding in the gas. The rear would slip a little but not to the point of spinning out; it's just enough to change the direction of the car. And well... I'm quite a aggressive driver in GT4, always pushing the cars' abilities beyond the limit laugh.gif
Sweeper
Posted: Nov 17 2007, 11:52 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 2,798

You should take into consideration I am a GT-R driver that relies on some power oversteer upon corner exit.
So I added some settings to accommodate that as well as improving cornering speed overall, I upped the limit with 10 Kph as well as quickening the turn in response.

I ran the test on Grand Valley speedway and my first annoyance was the gearbox, it is a bit out of tune when it comes for that engine, but it is doable.
Anyway, here is what I did:

Brake balance controller:
12 front
10 rear
(Slight locking, but at higher speeds it slows you down quickly and can be used to quicken the turn in, it is a lot sharper on turn in with these settings, may lower them to improve braking at lower speeds and lessen the turn in response.)

Suspension setup:

Spring rate.
9.0 for the front
7.0 for the rear.
Shocks are left at 7
Front camber 3.0
Rear camber 1.0
Toe settings front 0
Toe settings rear -2
Stabilizers front 7
Stabilizers rear 6

The rest is left according to original specs, time improvement with this setup over the other one was 1.2 seconds.
Red Dragon Racers Le..
  Posted: Nov 17 2007, 01:55 PM

IDW Jr. Member

I was playing for 20 minutes earlier and I made a 10 seconds improvement on Autumn Ring.

These are the change I applied.

Spring settings: 8 6
Camber angle: 4 1.7
Stabilizers: 6 5

and one question, for the brake controller, the higher the level, the faster the car slows down?

by the way, the car understeers on that crazy loop on autumn ring and still need to adjust the lsd to clear it without a problem. I go through that loop at an average of 85 kph.

This post has been edited by Red Dragon Racers Leader on Nov 17 2007, 01:58 PM
Sweeper
Posted: Nov 17 2007, 04:06 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 2,798

QUOTE (Red Dragon Racers Leader @ Yesterday at 11:55 PM)
I was playing for 20 minutes earlier and I made a 10 seconds improvement on Autumn Ring.

These are the change I applied.

Spring settings: 8 6
Camber angle: 4 1.7
Stabilizers: 6 5

and one question, for the brake controller, the higher the level, the faster the car slows down?

by the way, the car understeers on that crazy loop on autumn ring and still need to adjust the lsd to clear it without a problem. I go through that loop at an average of 85 kph.

Higher value does equal better braking, but they have to be balanced, If not then they have little to no effect.

Furthermore my experiments has shown little gain of more than 3.3-5 degrees of camber, mainly adding too much will ruin braking.
The understeer upon corner entry can be helped by toeing out the front (Negative value)
WRX
Posted: Nov 17 2007, 04:54 PM

IDW Racer

Member No.: 5,563

I notice your stabilizers are too stiff and your front camber is too much for a grip car.
Red Dragon Racers Le..
  Posted: Nov 17 2007, 04:59 PM

IDW Jr. Member

I think so too. I jsut tried using it on Trial Mountain and my time was 1'35"410. It took a lot of practice to make that time.

I tried it out again on Tsukuba and lowered the rear camber by .7. The time was 1'01.6 something.

This post has been edited by Red Dragon Racers Leader on Nov 17 2007, 05:27 PM
WRX
Posted: Nov 17 2007, 05:40 PM

IDW Racer

oh, not bad i guess, but do you use a DFP or DS2?
Red Dragon Racers Le..
  Posted: Nov 17 2007, 05:52 PM

IDW Jr. Member

No, I actually can't afford them, but what if I did? I also don't like the size of the wheels. It's so unrealistic. The first time I used them at some Auto Show, I didn't do well. It felt really strange with such a small wheel that doesn't turn back after letting go like the initial d steering wheel.
WRX
Posted: Nov 17 2007, 09:45 PM

IDW Racer

Lol? doesnt turn back? yea it does xD
Red Dragon Racers Le..
  Posted: Nov 17 2007, 10:06 PM

IDW Jr. Member

well that one i've used so far don't. i just would like to use a wheel that's a realistic size.