Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 7 unique listeners, playing (MF Ghost OST) Do You Really Wanna Love Me - Norma Sheffield

Important Rules
user posted imageNOTE : All pinned topics were replaced by one main topic that links to important topics. Check that topic out first before starting a new one. Please read the thread (Competition) - General Rules before making a challenge topic. All challenge threads must adhere to the example challenge format. All competitions are based on a honor system, lying about your lap times could earn you an actual warning. Any kind of discussions related to ROMs, WAREZ and methods of copying copyrighted materials are prohibited in this section of the forums. Any inflammatory comments, flaming and flame baiting will not be tolerated. Violators will be issued an actual warning. These forums are for friendly competitions.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

3 Pages  1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 7,048  ·  Replies: 50 
> GT5 Prolouge Demo, its out!
WRX
Posted: Oct 30 2007, 12:50 PM

IDW Racer

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 5,563

Why don't we just keep our opinions to ourselves? If you didn't play the game, then just sit there and relax and play your whatever game that you have.
Mr Deap
Posted: Oct 30 2007, 04:07 PM

It's not Exclusive

Member No.: 9,806

QUOTE (WRX @ Today at 12:50 PM)
Why don't we just keep our opinions to ourselves? If you didn't play the game, then just sit there and relax and play your whatever game that you have.

Dictature lesson on the way... shifty2.gif
VTiRoj
Posted: Oct 30 2007, 04:58 PM

IDW's neighbourhood Roj

Member No.: 15,576

QUOTE (WRX @ Yesterday at 8:50 PM)

Whats a discussion board without discussion? And discussion comes from opinion. tongue.gif

I havent even see GT5 Prolouge, so I cant give my own opinion, but does it really play similar to GT4? Not that its a bad thing, just means I can buy GT5 (whenever that'll be ermm2.gif ), and start pwning the game straight off, because my techniques and such can be carried over grin2.gif

Oh, and a last question, whats the sounds like? GT4 rips or new?
Spitfireix
Posted: Oct 31 2007, 07:35 AM

IDW Full Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 23,730

It doesn't play like GT4. Well, it still has that "Gran Turismo feel" in it but the cars are more slippery with a better feeling of weight, especially under braking. In GT4 you had nothing to worry about with a 300 bhp FR car on S3 tyres, it just wouldn't get into a situation you couldn't correct. Now it can, and it will.

The sounds are slightly better, but I bet we haven't seen the last word on that front yet.
WRX
Posted: Oct 31 2007, 08:12 AM

IDW Racer

QUOTE (Spitfireix @ Today at 10:35 AM)
It doesn't play like GT4. Well, it still has that "Gran Turismo feel" in it but the cars are more slippery with a better feeling of weight, especially under braking. In GT4 you had nothing to worry about with a 300 bhp FR car on S3 tyres, it just wouldn't get into a situation you couldn't correct. Now it can, and it will.

The sounds are slightly better, but I bet we haven't seen the last word on that front yet.

I agree with you, but this is only a demo maybe the prolouge will be even better. You can't also drift easily on the game now... you have to be perfect with everything.
VTiRoj
Posted: Oct 31 2007, 08:19 AM

IDW's neighbourhood Roj

QUOTE (Spitfireix @ Today at 3:35 PM)

Oh thats good news ohmy.gif

I wonder when PD will give GT sound tunable exhausts happy.gif
WRX
Posted: Oct 31 2007, 03:51 PM

IDW Racer

I doubt it VTiRoj... Imagine say they'll have 700 cars in that game and that means it will take them awhile to release the game...
VTiRoj
Posted: Nov 1 2007, 05:29 AM

IDW's neighbourhood Roj

QUOTE (WRX @ Yesterday at 11:51 PM)
I doubt it VTiRoj... Imagine say they'll have 700 cars in that game and that means it will take them awhile to release the game...

Of course, unlike past GT's, they have interiors to model too. wink2.gif

As long as GT5 comes out when the PS3 is cheap enough to have some sort of bundle package with GT5 included, I'm happy. GT4 keeps me occuipied for now happy.gif
WRX
Posted: Nov 1 2007, 08:15 AM

IDW Racer

I highly doubt about the bundle package haha.
DK_2
Posted: Nov 2 2007, 06:37 PM

I wear purple pants. +1

Member No.: 25,400

Where do you get Prolouge???? I looked at the PS Network Store and it wasn't there. crying2.gif sad.gif dry.gif ermm2.gif
WRX
Posted: Nov 2 2007, 08:55 PM

IDW Racer

QUOTE (n00b* @ Today at 9:37 PM)
Where do you get Prolouge???? I looked at the PS Network Store and it wasn't there. crying2.gif sad.gif dry.gif ermm2.gif

dude... read the posts please

make a Japanese PSN account before nov. 11 cause they will take it off
http://blogs.ign.com/xheavenxsentx/2006/12/09/39684/
DK_2
Posted: Nov 2 2007, 09:06 PM

I wear purple pants. +1

Member No.: 25,400

Okay.
Sankyuuuu. biggrin.gif
i'll make one sometime. wink2.gif
Omochao
Posted: Nov 5 2007, 12:42 AM

O_o i like poo

Member No.: 26,330

Look at this guys...donno whether this has been posted up b4 or not...but have a look..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kh2_kF_2l2U
Sorry to the person or anyone if this has been posted...
Mr Deap
Posted: Nov 13 2007, 08:51 PM

It's not Exclusive

QUOTE (Omochao @ Nov 5 2007, 12:42 AM)
Look at this guys...donno whether this has been posted up b4 or not...but have a look..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kh2_kF_2l2U
Sorry to the person or anyone if this has been posted...

Yeah I posted a message & I can't reply to his messages because I think he blocked me, lol.

user posted image

I guess he didn't take it...

He went slow in the first corner & messed up the exit. You can see the mustang exit faster, despite he use the new BMW 138i. On the first corner(turn #3) of the chicane, he brake instead of just lifting the throttle. I would have gone a lot faster than he is. A good player would pass the mustang from the outside leading to get the inside position for the next corner. All the corners are badly visualized, brake too late, brake too early, badly positioned during the multiple chicane, etc... He stressed & messed up often the weight transfer for almost all the corners...

Note: it may seem a bit arrogant from me(I never tried the game), but you know... All racing games use the same basic & even if a good player switch game, he still fast in any racing games. I can tell if the person is fast or not just by watching. wink2.gif

Edit:
Lol, he deleted all my posts + the extra that I have written to prove him wrong.

This post has been edited by Mr Deap on Nov 14 2007, 02:43 PM
awdrifter
Posted: Nov 13 2007, 09:55 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 15,255

I'm really tempted to get an PS3 this Thanksgiving (or Christmas), but I don't really want to spend $50 on a Prologue and there's no modchips out yet. Even though I'm really dissapointed at the no damage modeling, the game still looks great.
WRX
Posted: Nov 14 2007, 09:11 AM

IDW Racer

I thought the PS3 is region free? Or maybe I was wrong.
Rayn
Posted: Nov 19 2007, 11:34 PM

Bucket Hunter

Member No.: 1,064

mod chip? ps3 blu ray games are region free. anyways for those that didnt dl the demo yet in the jp store, they are taking it off nov. 30th.
AE86 Levin
Posted: Dec 7 2007, 05:01 AM

Heroes get remembered...Legends never die.

Member No.: 10,540

i watched it, i came pretty hard. now i just need a PS3.
Omochao
Posted: Dec 7 2007, 05:06 AM

O_o i like poo

Member No.: 26,330

I'm really envious of that Jap dude playing in that Youtube video.......is super real like driving in real life with a real clutch manual...holy cow......if I were him,I would straight away went out to get a PS3 copy of ProStreet and try it out with the steering wheel...*imagining slamming clutch in corners*
DAKMOR
Posted: Dec 10 2007, 01:04 PM

SIBC FI 6.2L V8

Group: Banned
Member No.: 22,266

Yeah, neither Forza or GT have cluthces or Nuetral gear, sad really, when NFS High Stakes had this back in 99. Oh, and turning signals, headlights, highbeams, hazard lights, and horn.
Hokage Dante
Posted: Dec 25 2007, 07:53 PM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 16,760

Did anyone buy new copy of Gran Turismo 5 Prologue?

I don't know what's going on these days, but every time I try to start the game a message pops up saying something in Japanese. I didn't understand what does it say, but I got the same message when I played the game the first time. It seems to be an update.

When I tried to start downloading it's not downloading anything sad.gif I started the download and went to sleep.. but it's not working...

Anyone is facing this problem?

Is it because there is too much pressure on the server?
Meteor
Posted: Dec 25 2007, 10:21 PM

Were you expecting something else?

Member No.: 20,929

Yeah, neither Forza or GT have cluthces or Nuetral gear, sad really, when NFS High Stakes had this back in 99. Oh, and turning signals, headlights, highbeams, hazard lights, and horn.

I don't remember HS having clutch, hazard lights and turn signals. Were those exclusive to the PS version?
Mr Deap
Posted: Dec 28 2007, 04:16 AM

It's not Exclusive

QUOTE (Meteor @ Dec 25 2007, 10:21 PM)
I don't remember HS having clutch, hazard lights and turn signals. Were those exclusive to the PS version?

Yeah, in High Stake you could do pretty much everything with the light.
Jardim
Posted: Jan 1 2008, 02:47 AM

Willing to throw 5's on the blunt your smoking.

Member No.: 15,519

Ya'll need to get prolouge and play online, but you can't host your own game thats what bad about it. but i bet Kaz Hirai is workin on a patch right njow as we speak. BTW happy 08
Silfa
Posted: Mar 28 2008, 09:56 AM

Time Attack Session!

Member No.: 25,308

we just got a new patch for GT5P and there's a real Ferrari F1 car plus alot of tuner cars. From Power House Amuse, Blitz, and concepts from GT dept. which look really weird. like the ugly bodykit they put on the 350z. its a shame...

3 Pages  1 2 3