Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 8 unique listeners, playing Yuzo Koshiro - Atheist on the Highway

Automotive Section Rules
• Scenes depicted in Initial D are strictly fiction. Please follow the traffic rules and drive safely.
• When posting a classified thread, please label it with For Sale (FS), For Trade (FT) or Want To Buy (WTB) in the thread title.
• Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
• Personal videos of illegal street racing are prohibited. Do NOT brag about your exploits. Posting a video depicting dangerous/reckless driving behavior on your part will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

6 Pages  1 2 3 4 5 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 25,009  ·  Replies: 127 
> Celbii's RedSuns FC3S Build
Banken
Posted: Dec 8 2013, 09:01 PM

IDW Goldmember

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 22,465

...uhhh, no. They aren't. They're counterfeit. The Bride website is always warning people about counterfeit seats.

Those seats (with the Bride print material) originally cost over $1,500.  All Bride seats are made in Japan.
backalleyracer
Posted: Dec 8 2013, 10:11 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 7,122

he said they aren't real - I think he knows and understands that
celbii
  Posted: Dec 9 2013, 06:00 AM

IDW Jr. Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 42,250

QUOTE (Banken @ 8 hours, 58 minutes ago)
...uhhh, no. They aren't. They're counterfeit. The Bride website is always warning people about counterfeit seats.

Those seats (with the Bride print material) originally cost over $1,500.  All Bride seats are made in Japan.

I don't think you are reading my post... I clearly know this...
Banken
Posted: Dec 9 2013, 03:57 PM

IDW Goldmember

In your last post you claimed they were licensed, which implies they are genuine.
celbii
  Posted: Dec 9 2013, 04:35 PM

IDW Jr. Member

QUOTE (Banken @ 38 minutes, 14 seconds ago)
In your last post you claimed they were licensed, which implies they are genuine.

I said they are trade marked under bride Taiwan, and they also have it in Canada, which is true. They are not real japan brides however, as i've stated, thats just how they get away with selling them and logo and crap.
Banken
Posted: Dec 9 2013, 04:45 PM

IDW Goldmember

They get away with copying the name and design because trademark enforcement in Asia is really, really bad.

Why do you keep suggesting that they are both legal and counterfeit at the same time?
kyonpalm
Posted: Dec 9 2013, 05:04 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

QUOTE (Banken @ 19 minutes, 41 seconds ago)
They get away with copying the name and design because trademark enforcement in Asia is really, really bad.

I know you don't mean to make such a generalization, but I have to say that that depends on the country. Japan is pretty strict about that stuff, if I'm not mistaken. Whether they can do much about it when a company in Taiwan bootlegs their goods is another story.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
celbii
  Posted: Dec 9 2013, 09:11 PM

IDW Jr. Member

QUOTE (Banken @ 4 hours, 26 minutes ago)

Why do you keep suggesting that they are both legal and counterfeit at the same time?

I never said it was right, but they have a trademark in their country to make it under that name.
N643
Posted: Dec 9 2013, 11:21 PM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 28,448

seriously whats wrong with reps......i work & live in china now, i see reps all the time & i have yet have a problem with them

heck i bet those bride seats are much better then the real brides seats
Banken
Posted: Dec 10 2013, 01:00 AM

IDW Goldmember

QUOTE (kyonpalm @ 7 hours, 55 minutes ago)
I know you don't mean to make such a generalization, but I have to say that that depends on the country. Japan is pretty strict about that stuff, if I'm not mistaken. Whether they can do much about it when a company in Taiwan bootlegs their goods is another story.

I wasn't including Japan. By Asia I mostly mean China and Taiwan.

Celbii, intentionally trademarking the brand name of another company in your country because they haven't, and then counterfeiting their products DOES NOT make it legal. They simply have very bad enforcement.

If you have ever sat in a legitimate Recaro or Bride, and then sat in a replica, the difference is apparent. The real ones are MUCH more rigid, which means they hold you better during heavy cornering or in an accident.

As I was saying, you are always better off buying ONE quality, original seat than two knockoffs. FWIW, a typical stock seat cost about $700. So if anything your $300 knockoff is a downgrade.

This post has been edited by Banken on Dec 10 2013, 01:01 AM
celbii
  Posted: Dec 10 2013, 06:23 AM

IDW Jr. Member

There is no way this is a downgrade to the stock seats, no matter what the price of a stock seat is. This feels way better. The seat I wanted from bride that I got reps of is about $1,800 per seat. Again there is no way i'd pay that much for a seat, I'll make the sacrafice at $750 for a pair of a bit lower quality.

I don't agree with N643 that they are better than the real deal, while there are some reps out there that are great, I know without a doubt the real bride seats are better than the replicas. I still don't think theres a big issue with using the replicas though, If I was doing real racing high class serious racing I would want the real deal.
Spaz
Posted: Dec 10 2013, 09:27 AM

Just a guy towing a car across the country to chase a dream.
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 30,193

Would you pay $1800 for your life? How about for use of your legs? Or arms? Or both?

Please remember that anything flagged for offroad use doesn't have to pass any sort of DOT certification of safety. It's buyer beware. You may be 100% at terms with your past like I am, but that doesn't mean that saving a measly $1500 now doesn't make throwing away anything else any less of a terrible decision.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
celbii
  Posted: Dec 10 2013, 10:25 AM

IDW Jr. Member

QUOTE (Spaz @ 58 minutes, 1 seconds ago)
Would you pay $1800 for your life? How about for use of your legs? Or arms? Or both?

Please remember that anything flagged for offroad use doesn't have to pass any sort of DOT certification of safety. It's buyer beware. You may be 100% at terms with your past like I am, but that doesn't mean that saving a measly $1500 now doesn't make throwing away anything else any less of a terrible decision.

Right I understand that, and don't have a good answer for you other than i didn't want to spend the money i don't have on the real seats. Of course i'm not sure if it would really make such a huge difference anyways if you have seen teh bride and i think recaro crash tests where both seats fold in a crash anyways. I have had even crappier fake seats in my old rx7, which I did get into a wreck in, someone decided to turn left without looking at an intersection right when i was near entering it at about 40mph, and i was on the brakes and smashed into him pretty good, my reclineable netami seats held up perfectly fine with no (visible) damage. Now thats not to say that would be the case every time, that the seats would hold up perfectly fine, but it doesn't mean im going to die either just because I bought replica seats, as seeing the crash tests the real things fold just as good as fake ones can.

If I anyone really wants to be safe they should go with full buckets, but then those arent really safe for street use without a roll cage(buckets wont fold like recline-able seats will, from what i've seen is what you want your seats to do if the roof gets smashed in), and a rollcage isn't really a good idea for street use either. Every damn seat seems to have its pros/cons lol.

Anyways lets just sum it up so we can stop beating a dead horse at this point and move on with the thread.
1. Replica seats are not as good as the real seats, quality and safety wise.
2. Both real/oem and replica seats can fail under the wrong condition( IE the 10 yr old sparco ripping off bottom rail, corbeau seat all twisted around(improper install ¾ screws), OEM infini FC seat (doing the same thing as sparco, ripping off the rail) and I’m sure just as many replica and cheap seats have failed the same way.
3. Regardless of if you have a real or fake seat, most racing seats should be accompanied by a lot of safety gear that probably 90% of the people that user aftermarket seats do not install (myself included) along with the seats to make them safe. Most racing seats are not “safe” on their own, real or fake.
4. As always, modifying and driving our cars the way we do is always a risk that we take. Every incident is different and who knows what parts you do/don’t have would have changed the outcome. Heck people die everyday driving perfectly stock cars, just by being at the wrong place at the wrong time.

At the end of the day I'm happy with my seats, I like them much better than what was in there, I know the risks I take by using replica's and for the most part I am not going to lose any sleep over it at night.

This post has been edited by celbii on Dec 10 2013, 11:04 AM
celbii
  Posted: Jan 19 2014, 02:40 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Small updates.

Switched to a momo tuner wheel, sold the race. I ordered a seat rail from bride of japan a week ago so waiting for that to be made and shipped so I can install the passenger seat.
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 2448 x 3264. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

Put together a custom exhaust. Its racing beat headers to racing beat pre silencer to an apexi dual passenger side exit muffler i bought off some forum. However it was short a bit since they obviously aren't designed to work together and the apexi is for a dual system. so ive had it down for about three weeks now, and my friend came over today and welded me up a piece of pipe to go in between.
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 2448 x 3264. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Heres the old exhaust that was on there.
user posted image

I haven't got to really drive the car around yet, but moving it it sounded nice so thats good. thats all for now.
Banken
Posted: Jan 20 2014, 11:32 PM

IDW Goldmember

What is that race car in the last picture?
celbii
  Posted: Jan 21 2014, 06:27 AM

IDW Jr. Member

Im not sure on the exacts, but it is a quasar with a suzuki motor, just like this user posted image
celbii
  Posted: Jan 22 2014, 06:50 AM

IDW Jr. Member

Did a quick sound clip of the exhaust last night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIHIlxcbY5w
celbii
  Posted: Jan 24 2014, 06:19 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Got my second seat in after some overnight parts from japan.

Bride seat rail
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 3264 x 2448. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 3264 x 2448. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image

user posted image
celbii
  Posted: Jan 30 2014, 09:33 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Minor updates:
No rear strut bar before
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 2649 x 1987. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

Rear strut bar after (don't mind the box, P/O installed it, and I keep it in there since it sounds a bit better and its not like I do any hardcore driving on the street lol)
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 2649 x 1987. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

Also put together a custom Re-Amemiya shift knob, since I didnt want to spend around ~120-130 it would have costed from japan. The heavy shift knob feels great, and shifting is alot better.

Heres the original for comparison.
http://www.nengun.com/re-amemiya/carbon-shift-knob-400g

The base knob that uses (Note: base knob is universal and fits all cars, the genuine RE knob says fits only s5+, fd,rx8 etc, so no idea if it is hard threaded.)
http://www.amazon.com/Razo-RA66-Chrome-Car...words=razo+ra66

Then a custom resin badge from aus land, size 24mm. (Razo badge is around 24.5mm I rounded down to 24mm and it fits near perfect, with about zero play, if you wanted to play it safe you could go around 23.5mm)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/RE-AMEMIYA-ROTARY-...0b91a7e&vxp=mtr

End results:
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 720 x 960. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 720 x 960. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image

Random interior shot lol
user posted image

backalleyracer
Posted: Jan 31 2014, 03:13 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 7,122

nice job - looks good cool.gif
celbii
  Posted: Feb 6 2014, 12:07 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Just a quick update:
Seeing as its an important part to the build, decided to get someone on a local forum to start working on these. user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1024 x 768. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

Hopefully my measurements are close enough that they will be close to the real deal.

Also awaiting some goodies, but weather is delaying shipping.
Banken
Posted: Feb 6 2014, 03:10 PM

IDW Goldmember

Really? You're going with the fake sponsor stickers instead of the real ones from the manga?
celbii
  Posted: Feb 6 2014, 04:52 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Really.

Got some new parts in today..
user posted image

This post has been edited by celbii on Feb 6 2014, 04:54 PM
Banken
Posted: Feb 7 2014, 12:03 AM

IDW Goldmember

I guess you were serious about the replica thing...lol.

I would suggest you get a paintjob, S5 tails, and an S5 bumper/lip first or it's going to look like one really half-assed replica.

Where are those coilovers from? (let me guess... Taiwan?)
celbii
  Posted: Feb 7 2014, 08:41 AM

IDW Jr. Member

QUOTE (Banken @ 8 hours, 37 minutes ago)
I guess you were serious about the replica thing...lol.

I would suggest you get a paintjob, S5 tails, and an S5 bumper/lip first or it's going to look like one really half-assed replica.

Where are those coilovers from? (let me guess... Taiwan?)

I plan on painting in the trim, getting tails, and getting bumper(Mine is broken in the front from P/O hitting a rabbit or something)+ lip, no worries, all in good time.

They are stance super sports.

6 Pages  1 2 3 4 5 »