Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing (Battle Stage 2) Vivi - Just For Me

Views: 12,044  ·  Replies: 16 
> Initial D World Cars and Tofu Meet 2015.01.24
Initial D World
    Posted: Jan 19 2015, 12:11 AM

IDW Facebook Fanpage

Group: Staff
Member No.: 37,931

Hello everyone. Just an update post since we are 40 4 days away from the event. For those of you who haven't been to the location, it is a spacious parking lot overlooking a beautiful reservoir in the background. The parking lot has a $7 entry fee per car. Last time we were there, they take cash only. So try to bring some changes.

Because it's so early in the morning, it's going to be a little cold, so keep yourself warm. We recommend everyone to bring hot beverages with them. We will be just hanging around, showcasing our rides and let people take pictures of them. This is more of a casual hangout and informal meet. So we won't be providing water or giving out any print cards like we did in the Reunion Meets.
Please comply with the park rules ( https://www.ebmud.com/recreation/lafayette-reservoir ) We don't want to cause any troubles. Let's try to have a good time!

Time: Saturday, January 24th, 2015 (8:00am — 11:00am)
Fees: Parking is $7 per day

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1800 x 977. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.
Seri
Posted: Jan 19 2015, 08:09 AM

Quirks and Features of IDW
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 40,610

I'm pretty sure that's only 4 days away, not 40.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Spaz
Posted: Jan 19 2015, 12:34 PM

Just a guy towing a car across the country to chase a dream.
Group Icon

Member No.: 30,193

Eventually, I will make one of these.
Perry
Posted: Jan 25 2015, 06:55 PM

Like an eagle!
Group Icon

Group: SITE OWNER
Member No.: 1

QUOTE (Takumi Trueno)
Thank you everyone for coming to the meet. The meet went without a hitch which so I have to thank you all for following the park rules and making my job easy.
You are all the reason I want to continue throwing car meets. Thanks once again for help making my birthday a memorable one.
Special thanks to EBMUD Staff and EBRP Police for letting us throw the meet at the Lafayette Reservoir.

The meet was an overwhelming success. At peak time, 130 cars showed up with approximately 250 people. This made this meet the largest event hosted by Initial D World. The weather was very foggy in the morning hours, creating this surreal feel that we were all gathering near Akina Lake on Mt. Akina (Haruna) Check out the high-res 1800x1200 photos below!

user posted image

user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image

Also, if you want to download all the hi-res photos in one go, here's the rar file (321.18 MB)
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
Perry
Posted: Jan 25 2015, 07:10 PM

Like an eagle!
Group Icon

Team Misaki Studios has done a video coverage on our event. Check it out!

YOUTUBE ( https://youtube.com/watch?v=o8yDVAL4gxk )
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Jan 25 2015, 08:40 PM

Patient Zero

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 37,947

Awesome work Perry! I love these pictures! Are there any plans for the next one? I swear, I have to make the trip up there to visit!
Seri
Posted: Jan 25 2015, 09:17 PM

Quirks and Features of IDW
Group Icon

Member No.: 40,610

That EVA FC is amazing.
Falbere
Posted: Jan 25 2015, 09:48 PM

Back from the dead, baby
Group Icon

Group: IDP Admin
Member No.: 43,254

I think I spotted a silvertop in one of the 86s in the video xD
APX
Posted: Jan 25 2015, 10:07 PM

Join the Empire today! Or die, rebel scum!

Member No.: 1,473

The NSX's stole the show for me, those are perfection. And that yellow FD as well.
JKaiba
Posted: Jan 26 2015, 11:58 AM

Alias The J'

Member No.: 16,596

I almost went up to this... But , Perry I don't know where the hell we are going to be able to hold the So Cal one all things considered. I'm fairly certain the turn out will be the same if not greater. If you're planning it around Anime Expo it certainly won't we practical to use anywhere near Downtown LA.
Perry
Posted: Jan 26 2015, 12:37 PM

Like an eagle!
Group Icon

QUOTE (JKaiba @ 38 minutes, 44 seconds ago)
I almost went up to this... But , Perry I don't know where the hell we are going to be able to hold the So Cal one all things considered. I'm fairly certain the turn out will be the same if not greater. If you're planning it around Anime Expo it certainly won't we practical to use anywhere near Downtown LA.

Hey J! Alex and I are getting in touch with SPJA currently. We plan on throwing the meet near AX, but it will be expensive. We are trying to see if SPJA will sponsor us or share some of the cost.

Edit: if the AX Initial D meet does happen, I am almost certain it will have the biggest turn out than the events we hosted so far combined. (over one thousand attendees if not more.)

This post has been edited by Perry on Jan 26 2015, 12:40 PM
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Jan 26 2015, 02:51 PM

Patient Zero

Member No.: 37,947

I do recall seeing an 86 in the exhibition hall during AX last year. I thought that was one of TakumiTrueno's friends or his own 86. I'm sure that SPJA will be able to do something for us if we notify them ahead of time.
JKaiba
Posted: Jan 27 2015, 12:11 AM

Alias The J'

Member No.: 16,596

I know the gentleman who owns that 86, amusingly enough we saw each stuck in traffic a few months ago with him in his work truck and me doing sales calls in the Fairlady. but anyway a single car in an exhibit hall booth and organizing a meet of hundreds is apples to oranges, not to mention organization is something that has always needed improvement at AX (owed more to manpower, resources and exhaustion than actual competence I think). That said, if you have a plan I will hold back on leveraging my influence until you let me know otherwise. Do let me know if things get out of hand.

This post has been edited by JKaiba on Jan 27 2015, 12:21 AM
GoP-Demon
Posted: Jan 27 2015, 07:13 AM

IDW God Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 43,878

Man, Things like this make me want to move to cali.
Perry
Posted: Jan 30 2015, 01:38 AM

Like an eagle!
Group Icon

YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpvOrt2tr_s )

Another HD video of the event. Thank you Sam Deezy!
Alex
Posted: Jan 30 2015, 03:21 PM

OG Member

Member No.: 111

Whoever those Weasley brothers are, you see this photo being taken in the vid!
user posted image
samdeezy
Posted: Feb 8 2015, 06:15 PM

Shmuck

Group: Members
Member No.: 45,164

QUOTE (Perry @ Jan 30 2015, 01:38 AM)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpvOrt2tr_s

Another HD video of the event. Thank you Sam Deezy!

youre welcome turned.gif

i also have more pictures here on My Facebook