Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 8 unique listeners, playing Yuzo Koshiro - Atheist on the Highway

Important Rules
• Please do NOT post any torrents and/or links to pirated copies of games here. Violator will be issued a verbal warning or an actual warning.
• Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
• Any kind of discussions related to ROMs, WAREZ and methods of copying copyrighted materials are prohibited in this section of the forums.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 2,207  ·  Replies: 3 
> Dragon's Dogma - Dark Arisen
fettman53
  Posted: Jun 9 2014, 11:08 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Group: Members
Member No.: 25,717

I was searching around here for a topic pertaining to this game, as it is most definitely my all-time favorite and I'm totally obsessed with it. The communities this game has fostered are full of kind, helpful people and there's just something about it that keeps me coming back.

Anyone here played/still play the good ol' Dragon's Dogma? Any stories to tell? I really am surprised there doesn't seem to already be a topic on it here!
Tessou
Posted: Jun 10 2014, 05:36 AM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

Beat it a long time ago as a warrior. Once you get Ascalon (if you're good enough to kill the Ur Dragon), everything is cake.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
SgtXDNX
Posted: Jun 10 2014, 05:38 AM

Goddamn Electric

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 23,073

Sold my 360 a while ago, sadly, but damn the game was fun while it lasted. The whole pawn system was pretty fun, too. Some of the pawns that people had were bloody insane.

Plus, any game that lets you dress like Guts gets mad points. biggrin.gif
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
fettman53
  Posted: Jun 10 2014, 09:32 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Group: Members
Member No.: 25,717

I can't get enough of it. Even got my girlfriend to play, and she beat it for the third time. I don't think I've ever seen her beat a game before, let alone multiple times. Even my friend, who loathes single-player-only and third-person games has played it nearly as long as I have, and I have more hours clocked in than ESIV and V combined, so they must've done SOMETHING right.

It's just one of those games where you think you've seen everything, and then it surprises you...even if it's a little thing.

And I love the pawns! I didn't have much of a plan starting out; I made her an Elf strider named Harue. I thought it'd be cool to have a cute Elf pawn with a bow to help take down flying enemies since I chose to be a fighter, with the sword and shield. When I found a better ranger pawn, I made Harue a fighter as well for a while, and she was pretty good at it! But when I got fed up with having to upgrade my healer pawn every few levels and sifting through trying to find one with a healing spell, I finally made Harue a mage. She's been as such ever since and my friends all rely on her very much. She's become a wise little Elf pawn.

My friend made his pawn hilariously-intense: an 8-foot-tall warrior with the deepest voice available and dark armor that hides his face. It's become a joke that he kills thing by rubbing against them as he runs by, and that when you aren't looking, he snacks on your crafting materials.XD

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]

This post has been edited by fettman53 on Jun 10 2014, 09:49 AM