Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 9 unique listeners, playing Nando - Love Killer

Important Rules
• Please do NOT post knowingly false information. Violators will be issued an actual warning.
• Please do NOT copy and paste articles from other websites. Link and short description is ok, but please do not copy and paste pages of info. Violator will be issued a verbal warning.
• Do NOT post any torrents and/or links to pirated copies of software here. Violator will be issued a verbal warning.
• Discussions about illegal materials such as ROMs, WAREZ and methods of copying copyrighted materials are not encouraged in this subforum.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

5 Pages  « 2 3 4 5  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 30,197  ·  Replies: 106 
> Best Codecs for Anime / General Purpose, Just a small discussion on codecs and filters
khat17
  Posted: Sep 18 2009, 09:27 AM

IDW SIMPLETON

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 17,668

Yep - new update is very nice. Also, doesn't have two players - just MPC-HC.

Additional Info -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_Acceleration_API

Also, someone from the channel FINALLY helped and confirmed that the settings work with ATI cards.

<edogawaconan> khat: yes it works
<edogawaconan> 1080p @ 10% on pentium d 930
<edogawaconan> it was ~20% with coreavc
<edogawaconan> 20~50
<edogawaconan> vga is radeon hd 4650

So we are confirmed. CCCP = WIN. MPC-HC = WIN. PowerDVD = PHAIL. LOL.

We don't need to pay USD$100 to get hardware acceleration/decoding. And - with ATI - it can be done without AVIVO. Excellent!
BOZZ
Posted: Sep 29 2009, 10:38 PM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Member No.: 1,414

Yeah, I didn't notice that zoom player was removed in the update until I manually set MPC-HC as the player for the file types displayed in CCCP.

Now I wish there was something like this for Linux and/or Mac... As it stands I use this home media player called Plex to play 1080p MKV videos.
khat17
  Posted: Oct 1 2009, 07:17 AM

IDW SIMPLETON

<Dark_Shikari> You have three options for hardware acceleration:
<Dark_Shikari> 1) DXVA
<Dark_Shikari> 2) CoreAVC
<Dark_Shikari> 3) VAAPI/VDPAU with mplayer

What about that? It doesn't work out?
BOZZ
Posted: Nov 11 2009, 11:06 PM

So I got around to installing CCCP under Windows 7 and for some reason it required Direct X 9. Do you guys might know why? I installed it in the end but was surprised since 7 ships with a newer version of Direct X (I assume 11?).
Nomake Wan
Posted: Nov 11 2009, 11:36 PM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

QUOTE (BOZZY @ 30 minutes, 24 seconds ago)
So I got around to installing CCCP under Windows 7 and for some reason it required Direct X 9. Do you guys might know why? I installed it in the end but was surprised since 7 ships with a newer version of Direct X (I assume 11?).

DirectX is from a different group than the Windows team. DirectX receives no updates via Microsoft/Windows Update. Therefore, it has to be manually updated. The version installed on your system doesn't guarantee that all your components are up to date.

I've stopped using CCCP for anything except video editing now. The latest version of Media Player Classic Homecinema (standalone, not the one in CCCP) covers all my video/audio playback needs on both my desktop and netbook. CCCP's filters are literally only used when I need to call DirectShowSource in an AVIsynth script.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
BOZZ
Posted: Nov 11 2009, 11:41 PM

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 4 minutes, 41 seconds ago)
DirectX is from a different group than the Windows team. DirectX receives no updates via Microsoft/Windows Update. Therefore, it has to be manually updated. The version installed on your system doesn't guarantee that all your components are up to date.

I've stopped using CCCP for anything except video editing now. The latest version of Media Player Classic Homecinema (standalone, not the one in CCCP) covers all my video/audio playback needs on both my desktop and netbook. CCCP's filters are literally only used when I need to call DirectShowSource in an AVIsynth script.

So is the new, non-CCCP MPC HC similar to VLC in that all the "codecs" are contained within?
Nomake Wan
Posted: Nov 12 2009, 12:06 AM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (BOZZY @ 24 minutes, 40 seconds ago)
So is the new, non-CCCP MPC HC similar to VLC in that all the "codecs" are contained within?

Correct, but unlike VLC, it supports DXVA and is slightly more lightweight. It can also be run portably right out of the box. Once VLC properly supports DXVA, the matter will become more of a preference issue.
BOZZ
Posted: Nov 12 2009, 12:12 AM

Interesting... I wonder if it would still need Direct X 9... I will look into downloading it... smile.gif

How is it for playing 1080p btw? VLC is pretty choppy (32 and 64-bit) for me.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Nov 12 2009, 12:25 AM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (BOZZY @ 13 minutes, 2 seconds ago)
Interesting... I wonder if it would still need Direct X 9... I will look into downloading it... smile.gif

How is it for playing 1080p btw? VLC is pretty choppy (32 and 64-bit) for me.

Again, VLC does not support DXVA for hardware acceleration of HD video. MPC-HC does. I have played the 1080p rip of Star Trek on my netbook over HDMI to Pikachu_Fragger's HDTV and it ran flawlessly. wink2.gif
BOZZ
Posted: Nov 12 2009, 12:32 AM

Oh snap... Was that HDMI port include audio out?
Nomake Wan
Posted: Nov 12 2009, 12:39 AM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (BOZZY @ 7 minutes, 5 seconds ago)
Oh snap... Was that HDMI port include audio out?

Yes, shockingly. I was worried because I'd heard horror stories about nVidia HDMI audio, but the audio from my ION was perfect. I just plugged in the cable, switched the audio over to HDMI, and bam done. smile.gif
ThaSaint
Posted: Nov 26 2009, 12:10 PM

Don Juan

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,267

K-Lite's latest pack allows you to choose if you want h264 DXVA for MPC during installation.

This post has been edited by ThaSaint on Nov 26 2009, 12:10 PM
Nomake Wan
Posted: Nov 26 2009, 08:08 PM

ShiMACHaze

My issue with codec packs is that they're worthless though. So what if it lets you pick between MPC-HC's or not? I can literally play every file I want through MPC-HC's own internal filters, flawlessly. Why do I need to install a codec pack at all?

The only reason I can see is for video editing purposes, where you need DirectShow filters and/or VfW filters for processing. But even then, there are better choices than the ones bundled with codec packs designed for playback.
BOZZ
Posted: Nov 27 2009, 12:16 AM

The only rationale I could see is if MPC-HC had some issue like what I encountered (on Mac and Linux) with subtitles in MKV files being played in VLC player.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Nov 27 2009, 02:54 AM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (BOZZY @ 2 hours, 37 minutes ago)
The only rationale I could see is if MPC-HC had some issue like what I encountered (on Mac and Linux) with subtitles in MKV files being played in VLC player.

Except that it doesn't (and to be fair, VLC fixed the subtitle issue as of 1.0.0, and we're on what, 1.0.9 now?), so yeah, I just don't see any rationale.
BOZZ
Posted: Nov 27 2009, 10:15 AM

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 7 hours, 21 minutes ago)
Except that it doesn't (and to be fair, VLC fixed the subtitle issue as of 1.0.0, and we're on what, 1.0.9 now?), so yeah, I just don't see any rationale.

Err... I have no idea what I meant to say in the previous post... I think I was trying to infer why bother with anything but MPC-HC if it does everything fine?

VLC is at 1.0.3 last time I checked... I haven't actually gotten around to seeing if there is still issue of some subtitles overlapping since I tend to use VLC for AVIs and dual audio MKVs/OGMs and Mplayer for any other non-720p+ MKVs.
khat17
  Posted: Nov 27 2009, 06:42 PM

IDW SIMPLETON

I've had issues with VLC overlapping on OGM files. Don't recall it doing so on MKV. Or did it? Not sure. Anyways, KMP did the trick that time. And so did MPC at the time.
BOZZ
Posted: Nov 27 2009, 10:57 PM

Well for me it happened with a non-dual audio MKV, but that was maybe a year or two ago.
khat17
  Posted: Feb 17 2011, 11:08 AM

IDW SIMPLETON

Digging up the old thread, I'd like to add that there are a lot of new players on the market including Splash and SPLAYER - both of which I find very nice. CCCP has somewhat dwindled as the updates are not coming out as fast and I've found that it has some minor issues with Win7 64bit (not sure about 32bit).

To get rid of all problems I've been using SATSUKI of late. Really easy to install and the MPC-HC settings stay the same, with just one thing to be changed to enable GPU deciding of H264 and VC1 streams.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 687 x 329. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 657 x 180. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image

Actually - all I did was install SATSUKI and then open that setting - then set MPC-HC to play all files (you can set it to whatever you like) and that was it. I was decoding H264 streams immediately after. Only issue I've had - which may be some setting - is getting Satsuki to work with EVR on H264 files after uninstalling CCCP.........not sure what went wrong - but it works with VMR9. Again the websites are below for reference. And the setting for VMR9 is within the options of MPC-HC.

user posted image

http://cccp-project.net/

http://yatoshi.com/en/index.php?p=decoder

http://www.splayer.org/index.en.html

http://mirillis.com/en/products/splash.html

Maybe N1, Apex or another videophile can help with some troubleshooting on why Satsuki has issues playing back the H264 video while CCCP doesnt for me.....

*EDIT*
It seems like the problem may be with the build of MPC-HC that's bundled with the new version of Satsuki (Satsuki.Decoder.Pack.4.3.0.10.64bits). The version in this bundle is 1.4.1.2860 - MPC-HC Compiler: MSVC 2010 SP1 - FFMPEG Compiler: MinGW GCC 4.5.3. I tried with 1.3.1249.0 MPC-HC Compiler: VS 2008 - FFMPEG Compiler: GCC 4.3.3 and the video played back fine with EVR. The latest version of MPC-HC available is 1.5.0.2827 from http://mpc-hc.sourceforge.net/ so maybe I'll reinstall without MPC-HC and then install this latest version which should have the issue fixed, or use the older version that I have which I know works.

This post has been edited by khat17 on Feb 17 2011, 11:31 AM
Saint
Posted: Feb 17 2011, 11:36 AM

The 6th Blameless Shift

Member No.: 2,067

I'm using CCCP on Windows 7 32bit. It can't play rmvb files with Classic like how it worked on XP. sad.gif

The pictures and the srt subs aren't fluid as well (bad resolution?). :/ But it works fine with WMP. Dunno what's wrong with it.
khat17
  Posted: Feb 17 2011, 11:58 AM

IDW SIMPLETON

I've noticed that CCCP is sluggish with the subs - probably the MPC-HC build or something with FFDSHOW. Try with SATSUKI (don't install bundled MPC-HC) and the latest MPC-HC and let me know how it goes.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Feb 17 2011, 03:27 PM

ShiMACHaze

I've stopped using CCCP entirely. Or rather, I simply have it there for times when I need to use VirtualDub's DirectShowSource filter. On my Win7 x64 desktop I use MPC-HC (latest stable build) by itself, only using its internal filters. Works perfectly, though there have been a few MP4 files (mostly from NicoNico Video) which don't play nice. On my WinXP laptop I do the same, though I do have the latest CoreAVC installed as for whatever reason it has higher compatibility with the ION chipset than MPC-HC's internal AVC filter.

Saint, I would wonder if your 'CCCP' (that is to say, MPC-HC) is set to use its internal subtitle renderer or if it's using VSFilter. If it's using its internal subtitle renderer you might want to peek into the settings and up the resolution as well as uncheck the "round to power of two" box. That'll sharpen the subtitles.
Saint
Posted: Feb 17 2011, 06:56 PM

The 6th Blameless Shift

I appreciate everything here, guys. I'll try SATSUKI when my Internet's back to its normal speed again. Regarding the settings, it didn't seem to change anything. To illustrate the problems:

MPC-HC with unchecked 'round to power of two'
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1022 x 442. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

MPC-HC with checked 'round to power of two'
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1023 x 442. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

Don't look very different, but its default was already unchecked and it uses DirectVobSub. And no matter how I changed the Resolution setting, it didn't change anything either.

It didn't give me the same problem with WMP:
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1024 x 449. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

Note the resolution difference between WMP and MPC-HC; the former being more smooth with the images (i.e. the lines don't look choppy). Not just the subtitles, but also the picture itself as a whole.

Edit: Not so obvious with the shrunk images here. Need to view in full resolution to see it.

This post has been edited by Saint on Feb 17 2011, 07:02 PM
Nomake Wan
Posted: Feb 17 2011, 10:15 PM

ShiMACHaze

Please confirm which filter is actually in use when using WMP and when using MPC-HC. WMP should be using VSFilter (there would be a green arrow icon in your taskbar by the clock). MPC-HC, check by going to Play->Filters.

If MPC-HC is using VSFilter as well, it may not be interpreting it correctly. Try excluding VSFilter from MPC-HC's external filter options so it'll be forced to use its internal renderer.
Saint
Posted: Feb 17 2011, 11:29 PM

The 6th Blameless Shift

Both use VSFilter (just realized it's DirectVobSub... pinch2.gif ) with the green arrow. There's no subtitle at all when I disabled it.

But then again, thanks to your mention regarding filters and settings, I somehow 'tweaked' it based on random meddling with the settings. Not sure which exactly did the trick, but I think it's the 'doubled resolution' part.

Play -> Filter -> DirectVobSub (auto-loading version) -> Properties -> General -> Doubled resolution

The subs now:
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1023 x 441. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

Now the subtitles are fine (or even better than I used to have in XP days). The pictures are still the same, though.

This post has been edited by Saint on Feb 17 2011, 11:49 PM

5 Pages  « 2 3 4 5