Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing m.o.v.e - singin' 4U

Important Rules
1 2 3 4
Initial D Latest News
  • Initial D Fifth Stage has ended with 14 episodes. [confirmed]
  • A theatrical version of Initial D is confirmed for release in August 2014. [Official Thread]
  • UPDATES : Animax has confirmed that Final Stage will be available on its subscription-based VOD (Video On Demand) service starting May 16th, 2014. It will continue where Fifth Stage left off. Consist of a total of four episodes, Final Stage will be focusing on the long-awaited final 86 vs 86 battle between Takumi and Shinji. [confirmed]
  • UPDATES : Avex has confirmed that the New Initial D The Movie will be a trilogy. First part of the trilogy is called Legend 1 -Awakening- slated for release in theaters on August 23rd, 2014 (Japan Only) [confirmed]

Please Follow These Rules
  • Please use the spoiler tag when posting content not yet covered by anime. Violator will be issued an actual warning.
  • Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
  • Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
  • Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

5 Pages  1 2 3 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 43,718  ·  Replies: 100 
> What's your thoughts on 'Fujiwara Zone'?
TruNinja619
  Posted: Jan 27 2013, 01:30 AM

IDW Senior Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,737

I tried searching for this topic, but couldn't find it.

IMO, i think it's his adaptability to the race environment/conditions in real time and able to make the adjustments on-the-fly to beat out his opponents/capitalize on their mistakes.

Thoughts?

keg11
Posted: Jan 27 2013, 03:09 AM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 38,131

Well, its a combination of various things that make up the Fujiwara Zone.

Fundamentally, it based on his unique compatibility with his Eight-Six. It's a given that driving the one car at racing speeds every day for 6 years would definitely allow you to control that car to its limits, and due to the basic architecture and (initially) low power of the Eight-Six, Takumi already had the makings of a natural racer that can handle a car as effortlessly as moving his hands and feet.

But with the addition of racing strategies and techniques he learnt whilst with Project D has increased his skill exponentially, creating a very unique, touge-only driving style (my theory of his aura wings).

His god-given driving style, couples with Ryosuke's teachings, as revealed the Fujiwara Zone.

P.S.
SPOILER
Saxifrage
Posted: Jan 28 2013, 04:46 AM

IDW Prime Member

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 36,872

Well apparently you're asking what is Fujiwara Zone in our own opinions.

To me,it's his ability to fully control his AE86 in any kind of condition.
He can know when will his car skid,how to make it stop sliding,when to accelerate etc. Pretty much anything. Then there's the
SPOILER

If you're asking how do I feel about it..
Mixed feelings. I think it's actually pretty cool. The way the anime expressed "Fujiwara Zone" was also okay.
But it's absurd. We going from quite-realistic First Stage to exceeding mortality Fifth Stage.Maybe the next thing we see will be Takumi's 86 flying on the road. derp.gif
Saint
Posted: Jan 28 2013, 05:49 AM

The 6th Blameless Shift

Member No.: 2,067

A deus ex machina to win races when he's obviously screwed, including divine interventions. laugh.gif
minicar
Posted: Jan 28 2013, 06:22 AM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 38,583

Fujiwara Zone = fast entering speed + change it into cornering speed with any of loss + controling of 86 + nice counter steer + put a full throttle in earlier time.

Or even by Hidariyashi(left foot) Braking, Zero counter (magic) drift....

This post has been edited by minicar on Jan 28 2013, 06:25 AM
Soran
Posted: Jan 28 2013, 06:23 AM

Driving on the road of life..

Member No.: 3,498

Fujiwara Zone = Shigeno having an overdose of his daily weed intake
Tessou
Posted: Jan 28 2013, 06:46 AM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

QUOTE (Soran @ 22 minutes, 27 seconds ago)

I'm Barack Obama and I approve this message.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Yengeto
Posted: Jan 28 2013, 05:59 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 39,093

QUOTE (Soran @ Today, 6:23 AM)

Best reply so far...
dragoon20005
Posted: Jan 29 2013, 08:23 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 37,368

YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&list=UUR4oNAQj4dfu_pIojYLoebA&v=mXDFBqWnG6Q&feature=endscreen )

I noticed something when i was re-watching the Live Action movie version of Initial D

if you guys look at 6 min point of the video, it kinda look like Fujiwara Zone in action

"now you see him, then poof, he already at the next bend."
HyperSonic
Posted: Jan 30 2013, 06:35 AM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 38,471

I do believe it is the Fujiwara Zone on the video....
Pipenocl
  Posted: Jan 30 2013, 03:15 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 40,114

QUOTE (Soran @ Jan 28 2013, 06:23 AM)

QUOTE (Yengeto @ Jan 28 2013, 05:59 PM)
Best reply so far...

True. I also would say that Shigeno just went to high on weed awesome.gif awesome.gif
HyperSonic
Posted: Jan 30 2013, 06:17 PM

IDW Regular Member

QUOTE (Pipenocl @ 3 hours, 2 minutes ago)

True. I also would say that Shigeno just went to high on weed awesome.gif awesome.gif

Or he forgot his daily doze. And he is acting so weird because of it....
kyshro
Posted: Jan 30 2013, 06:25 PM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 14,320

I prefer a more realistic Initial D (I dont like the "aura or Fujiwara Zone" thing) but meh.. I guess it's entertaining!
mune89
Posted: Jan 30 2013, 07:36 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 40,404

lol @ 'Fujiwara Zone = Shigeno having an overdose of his daily weed intake'
ItsHenryYay
Posted: Jan 30 2013, 10:23 PM

IDW'S OFFICAL ASS PUNCHER

Member No.: 33,748

Shinego ran out of ideas... That explains the weed.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Bomevo
Posted: Feb 2 2013, 08:19 AM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 37,091

Lol. Daily dose of weed is the perfect explanation.
To add to it, Fujiwara zone is the moments when Shigeno goes WTF! I'm high as shit!
And that is what Fujiwara Zone is, The WTF to the readers and the racers in the manga!
j-n-r
Posted: Feb 3 2013, 06:25 AM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 18,068

I dislike the concept of the fujiwara zone because is like it doesnt affect the tyres grip...

I have an idea of something like that (a faster pace in race) because sim racing, you can go faster but your tyres will be done faster too...it depends of how many laps you will be in the track, I think the race between the supra and the fd complete the concept of tyres managament.

Toneh83
Posted: Feb 4 2013, 03:08 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 40,427

I think I pretty much agree with what everyone here has said. Fujiwara Zone only has a real place in maybe fatigue credibility? In the sense of maybe if you could envision what they are going through in the race and put it into real life scenarios. I've been driving in mountains before (I live in California) and there are times where my eyes and mind play tricks on me when I get crazy and open it up. Regardless on how I feel physically and mentally. In terms of them not fully paying attention to what they are doing because they are watching Fujiwara. Even as going as far as laying off the gas even slightly could give the illusion he was cornering faster if he indeed maintained a constant speed. Though I suppose that too is even a stretch to portray and for me to even assume.
Filphil
Posted: Feb 4 2013, 06:21 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 2,699

If you think about it this way maybe it would be more believable and, possibly, applicable to real life.

First assume two things:
1. We can assume that the current string of opponents(where the zone is revealed) are VERY HIGH LEVEL.
2. Because they are that extraordinary, we can also assume that they can properly gauge the speed of their opponents abilities and cars.

Fujiwara zone can be put, very simply, as an unexpected display of speed. What the opponent expects is not what their eyes are seeing and thus gives off the illusion that the ae86 is pulling away in a teleporting or blinking fashion.
Yengeto
Posted: Feb 4 2013, 06:39 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 39,093

QUOTE (j-n-r @ Yesterday, 6:25 AM)
I dislike the concept of the fujiwara zone because is like it doesnt affect the tyres grip...

I have an idea of something like that (a faster pace in race) because sim racing, you can go faster but your tyres will be done faster too...it depends of how many laps you will be in the track, I think the race between the supra and the fd complete the concept of tyres managament.

That's correct, if you try harder in the corners it will affect your tyres directly...But the Fujiwara Zone have wings don't need tyres...

BTW I'm from DR too...Cool to see some ppl from here...
Toneh83
Posted: Feb 4 2013, 08:27 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 40,427

QUOTE (Filphil @ 2 hours, 5 minutes ago)
If you think about it this way maybe it would be more believable and, possibly, applicable to real life.

First assume two things:
1. We can assume that the current string of opponents(where the zone is revealed) are VERY HIGH LEVEL.
2. Because they are that extraordinary, we can also assume that they can properly gauge the speed of their opponents abilities and cars.

Fujiwara zone can be put, very simply, as an unexpected display of speed. What the opponent expects is not what their eyes are seeing and thus gives off the illusion that the ae86 is pulling away in a teleporting or blinking fashion.

This applies to one and two..

Naturally. But they are still human. The best of the best make mistakes, even if they are minor. What we've seen is even minor mistakes can lead to downfalls in the series.
Otherwise I can't comprehend his display of speed. So what is it, if his speed isn't what they expect it to be visually? I cant think of a reason other than it being...

The Fujiwara Zone is both, the best of the best making errors when observing Takumi and whether it be physical or by their honed racing intuition or Takumi taking his level even further then the best while not making any mistakes himself.

Theory. I love it. Lol.
Filphil
Posted: Feb 5 2013, 11:29 AM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 2,699

I really only rationalize the way I do because people are looking for realism. That's the most logical way for me to see it.

Yes, it can be interpreted as an error in judgement for Takumi's opponent. On the flip side it can also be considered that Takumi's abilities far surpasses their imaginations so we agree on this. I'm sure many people have experienced a phenomena like my theory of fujiwara zone in real life albeit not exclusive to cars/racing.

SPOILER

This post has been edited by Filphil on Feb 5 2013, 11:32 AM
HyperSonic
Posted: Feb 6 2013, 05:24 PM

IDW Regular Member

Well let's try to clarify things, we are talking about the illusion displayed in the anime wherein the Trueno warps away on corners (it can be during the entry, or the apex, or the exit).

If this is what we are talking about here, let's try to call it a different name as to clear all the confusions. I'll call it MIRAGE here in my reply....

The MIRAGE can be explained as FilPhil has said, but it only happens when Takumi is in the ZONE hence the (FUJIWARA ZONE) name. Therefore the MIRAGE illusion can only exist under certain conditions (just like what FilPhil has explained) and in addition Takumi should be leading to accomplish the illusion, but (I think) the Fujiwara zone has been there ever since first stage...
Let me explain.....

Fujiwara Zone is Takumi's perfect racing condition which can only be achieved if:
1) Takumi is using the best racing line in the race. Thus
2) Takumi corners faster than the opponent.
This explains the speed and to explain the opponents seeing something they do not expect is:
1) Fujiwara drives an 86 (usually under powered compared to his opponent's car). Thus
2) The opponent expects to keep up with him easily (or outrun him in Keisuke's case on first stage) but they can't.

Therefore fujiwara zone is when the opponent can't explain why they are being left behind or being pushed by an underpowered 86; and the resulting MIRAGE illusion only occurs when Takumi is leading.

(I don't know if I have laid my opinion persuasively but this is what I think) facepalm.gif
Banken
Posted: Feb 6 2013, 11:57 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 22,465

Basically it's Shigeno's way of making up a reason that Takumi is usually slow enough to possibly lose and fast enough to always win whenever required by the story.
drmatt001
Posted: Feb 13 2013, 09:25 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 40,480

When I first watched the Fujiwara zone in Ep 3-4 I became very frustrated.
I had no idea what was going on, after some weeks of re watching and pondering this is what I've concluded:

- The warping away is only in the eye of the opponent

-Takumi has been training adapting Godarm's "perfect drift", focusing on full use of tyre's maximum grip, multiple/dynamic lines etc..

-Fujiwara zone only happens in his trueno..

-Takumi's skill and feel in the trueno is touching on godlike perfection and is now breaking the conventional physics as:

-Takumi has bridged past theoretical lines with shear human ability and feel/control for the trueno.

-Keiske first mentions he spotted it during training with takumi, I believe this was accidental on takumi's part, he was just incredibly focused and in a very fast rythem/tempo.

-Fujiwara zone only happens supposedly in a very fast rythem of corners and/or takumi increases the rythem whilst exiting.

SO

-During ep 4:
SPOILER

During ep 8:
SPOILER

Because what is perfection in motorsports?

This is what i think Shingeno is trying to say.

Initial D captivated me with the thoughts of what really is theoretically capable in a car...now it's saying push furthur!

and to me thats what it's all about.

Open to criticism facepalm.gif rolleyes.gif

5 Pages  1 2 3 »