Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 3 unique listeners, playing (Battle Stage 2) Mr. M - Be The One

Important Rules
ā€¢ Do not post any obscene material. (i.e. - nudity, explicit graphic situations ... etc.)
ā€¢ Put a viewer discretion somewhere in your topic title / description when posting topic(s) that others might find offensive. (i.e. - Not Work Safe, PG13 ... etc.)

Ā» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

4 Pages  1 2 3 4  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 19,435  ·  Replies: 87 
> The Adult Beverages Discussion Thread
Lupin_III
Posted: Dec 4 2013, 02:31 PM

The Noble Keyboard Warrior

Group: Members
Member No.: 40,907

QUOTE (THE_HONDA_CG2 @ Nov 27 2013, 08:48 AM)
That means half off on drinks too! I decided to throw out my ID and get a yard long of Orange ShockTop. It was good at first, holy canoli! It is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much. I had to force myself to finish it. I'm not a beer snob so I'm not going to try to review it, but I will say that I did like the kick it had. For me the little hint of orange came at the very end, very unique!

I hate ShockTop, that stuff is atrocious.

user posted image

Mmm... nothing like a cheap whiskey to get you through the day!

This post has been edited by Lupin_III on Dec 4 2013, 02:31 PM
SgtXDNX
Posted: Dec 4 2013, 06:38 PM

Goddamn Electric

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 23,073

I have a 4.5L bottle of Jimmy that would agree with you. laugh.gif
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
APX
Posted: Dec 4 2013, 06:52 PM

Join the Empire today! Or die, rebel scum!

Member No.: 1,473

QUOTE (Lupin_III @ 4 hours, 21 minutes ago)
I hate ShockTop, that stuff is atrocious.

I tried it, didn't like it, but again, i'm not really a fan of beer, it's something i'd have to just drink everyday to get used to the taste and etc.
Spaz
Posted: Dec 5 2013, 09:17 AM

Just a guy towing a car across the country to chase a dream.
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 30,193

QUOTE (APX @ Yesterday, 9:52 PM)
i'm not really a fan of beer, it's something i'd have to just drink everyday to get used to the taste and etc.

D for Dewit.
Wanderer
Posted: Dec 7 2013, 01:49 PM

The Watcher

Member No.: 35,816

Until last night, I had only tried Jaeger bombs. It tastes delicious straight.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
SgtXDNX
Posted: Dec 7 2013, 05:36 PM

Goddamn Electric

Member No.: 23,073

QUOTE (Wanderer @ 3 hours, 46 minutes ago)
Until last night, I had only tried Jaeger bombs. It tastes delicious straight.

Jaeger straight from the freezer in a chilled glass is the goddamn elixir of the gods in summer. laugh.gif
Wanderer
Posted: Dec 7 2013, 05:47 PM

The Watcher

Member No.: 35,816

One more thing for the bucket list. Good thing I'm 21 next Summer lol.

Bubs
Posted: Dec 12 2013, 04:51 PM

Plep

Member No.: 1,079

Ah, Woodchuck Hard Cider. Nectar of the gods. I've never really had a taste for beer, which I think stems from a terrible experience with Heineken. I think the only beer I've ever legitimately enjoyed was Guinness Extra Stout, so otherwise Woodchuck Cider is my beer. Delicious, tons of varieties and made right in Vermont so I'm a dedicated fan.

They even make a ton of awesome rare releases like a Belgian White cider and Smoked Apple. Mmmmmmm.
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 720 x 540. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 720 x 540. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 862 x 960. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.
Spaz
Posted: Dec 12 2013, 06:16 PM

Group Icon

HOLY FUCKING SHIT IT'S BUBS
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Dec 12 2013, 09:46 PM

Patient Zero

Member No.: 37,947

QUOTE (Spaz @ 3 hours, 29 minutes ago)
HOLY FUCKING SHIT IT'S BUBS

GOOD GOLLY MRS MOLLY THAT'S WHAT I WAS THINKING! ohmy.gif

Spaz
Posted: Oct 14 2015, 12:42 PM

Group Icon

Bumping with my Apple Pie Moonshine recipe for D0nz0rz

This is all off the top of my head, I don't have this documented anywhere.

1 Gal - Apple cider
1 Gal - Apple juice
750mL-1.5L of 190 proof grain alcohol (Everclear, etc), volume depending on intended final proof
2 containers cinnamon sticks, generally 5-8 count each
3 cups brown sugar
1 cup white sugar

Obviously those quantities can be scaled as necessary, and it's all totally to taste so feel free to change the sugar ratio, how many cinnamon sticks, etc.

Pour juice and cider into large pot. Set over heat and bring to a simmer. Once simmering, add cinnamon sticks. Maintain simmer until cinnamon sticks have lost all flavor. At this point, add and dissolve sugar, then remove from heat. Let cool to below 170F (approx. boiling point of alcohol) and add alcohol.

Let cool further and serve warm or chilled. Can be stored/aged if desired, if storing/distributing in mason jars, can place used cinnamon sticks inside for effect.

And as a word of warning, it will smell very strongly of alcohol, but you'll barely taste it so it tends to be dangerous in that sense. It'll mess you up quick, and even just maintaining a buzz for a few hours will leave you massively hung over. But it's super delicious and it's been a massive hit at every function I've ever taken it to or made it at.
APX
Posted: Oct 14 2015, 06:32 PM

Join the Empire today! Or die, rebel scum!

Member No.: 1,473

Mmm, that sounds delicious.

Gonna be getting me some rum/whiskey this year, try some cola combos or that rumchata and honey whiskey drink I saw the companies put out. biggrin.gif

Yes, I gots a sweet tooth.
Posted: Oct 14 2015, 07:38 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

Member No.: 16,670

QUOTE (APX @ 1 hour, 6 minutes ago)
Mmm, that sounds delicious.

Gonna be getting me some rum/whiskey this year, try some cola combos or that rumchata and honey whiskey drink I saw the companies put out. biggrin.gif

Yes, I gots a sweet tooth.

the Jack Daniels honey whiskey is great it has a strong sweet taste too it but not so sweet its too much. its much like drinking sweet honey cough syrup. its is very easy to drink to the point where you might find you had a bit too much too late to realize it.

my favorite drink so far is Ungava Gin, all the stuff is local to Quebec and it has a nice spicy taste. its a drawn out mellow bite to it, not like other gins that hit you hard in the end. its also golden yellow in color due to a flower (cloud berry).
xiao
Posted: Oct 14 2015, 09:56 PM

moon bunny

Group: XIAO
Member No.: 13,323

Okie dokie, so I got inspired by Spaz's bump of this thread to go & make myself a little shripm cocktail. Here's the ingredients; In right to left format, like a proper person that is culturally interested in the culture of Yamato country:

- Sparkling Nomake Cider
- Bacardi Ayako Watanabe Rum
- Original Apex Carver Monster Energy Drink
- Fresh Tsukikomi Orange Juice
- Diet Falberu Senpai Coke
- Classic Spaz Sprite
- Sensation! Blue Flavoured Altoids
- Assorted SgtXDNX Mini-Tequila Samplers
- Tess Fire Torch Lighter

- & 1 Crazy Xiao w/No Regard For Tastebuds

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 2048 x 1152. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

56k = Borracho~♪

SPOILER

*15 minutes later*

...ohh holy virgin of Mount Uluru, have mercy on my stomache...

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 2048 x 1152. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.
Falbere
Posted: Oct 14 2015, 10:28 PM

Back from the dead, baby
Group Icon

Group: IDP Admin
Member No.: 43,254

QUOTE (xiao_la @ 31 minutes, 39 seconds ago)
Okie dokie, so I got inspired by Spaz's bump of this thread to go & make myself a little shripm cocktail. Here's the ingredients; In right to left format, like a proper person that is culturally interested in the culture of Yamato country:

- Sparkling Nomake Cider
- Bacardi Ayako Watanabe Rum
- Original Apex Carver Monster Energy Drink
- Fresh Tsukikomi Orange Juice
- Diet Falberu Senpai Coke
- Classic Spaz Sprite
- Sensation! Blue Flavoured Altoids
- Assorted SgtXDNX Mini-Tequila Samplers
- Tess Fire Torch Lighter

- & 1 Crazy Xiao w/No Regard For Tastebuds

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/619/219959951...52d9f8860_k.jpg

56k = Borracho~♪

SPOILER

*15 minutes later*

...ohh holy virgin of Mount Uluru, have mercy on my stomache...

https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5660/22157440...085d0d624_k.jpg

god damn you and your vodka >:(
also I am not underage I am 18 this year ohmy.gif

^this xiao_la guy decides to suddenly add me on skype half drunk and be like "hey felburu-senpai desu desu xDD ching chong ning nong"
xiao
Posted: Oct 15 2015, 01:24 AM

moon bunny

QUOTE (Falbere @ 2 hours, 55 minutes ago)
god damn you and your vodka >:(
also I am not underage I am 18 this year ohmy.gif

^this xiao_la guy decides to suddenly add me on skype half drunk and be like "hey felburu-senpai desu desu xDD ching chong ning nong"

XD!!

Falberu~senpai... how do I save to my C: doraibu the video messages that I sent you guys sloshed? Cause I wanna make a MAD out of it... user posted image
Spaz
Posted: Oct 15 2015, 09:47 AM

Group Icon

That cannot have tasted good...

Then again I'm sure some have no idea how I can enjoy Russian imperial stouts, so it's all fair in the world of alcohol.
xiao
Posted: Oct 15 2015, 10:13 AM

moon bunny

QUOTE (Spaz @ 25 minutes, 8 seconds ago)
That cannot have tasted good...

Then again I'm sure some have no idea how I can enjoy Russian imperial stouts, so it's all fair in the world of alcohol.

It tasted exactly like how it looks...

Like if Garfield fell in a blender full of DOT-3 brake fluid. user posted image
Posted: Oct 15 2015, 10:19 AM

Hiretsuna rōjin

@ Xiao: wow, you sure are one crazy person to disregard your taste buds. did it have horrible sideffects on the stomach?

i once had 2 onces of vodka or rum (dont remember exactly) and then just a tiny bit of gin within an hour of the first one. my stomach didnt like it very much

btw, where's your avatar from? its driving me crazy as i cant figure out which school anime it can be from.
xiao
Posted: Oct 15 2015, 10:43 AM

moon bunny

QUOTE (207 @ 21 minutes, 27 seconds ago)
@ Xiao: wow, you sure are one crazy person to disregard your taste buds. did it have horrible sideffects on the stomach?

i once had 2 onces of vodka or rum (dont remember exactly) and then just a tiny bit of gin within an hour of the first one. my stomach didnt like it very much

btw, where's your avatar from? its driving me crazy as i cant figure out which school anime it can be from.

Indeed! It might of tasted like if someone dropped the Rescue Rangers inside a mako reactor and ate their innards; but my stomach felt like a giant crocodile had 35 babies inside my belly and exploded... *urghh* just recalling the taste makes my mouth !@#$%^&*

I'm good with vodka surprisingly. Had some Smirnoff with Sprite yesterday, and it ended up tasting pretty nice!~ smile.gif

My avvy's from the last ToHeart2 OVA.

QUOTE (xiao_la @ IDW IRC Chat, 15 moons ago)
Konomi Yuzuhara is my ideal daughter... and girlfriend.

awesome.gif fear2.gif
Posted: Oct 15 2015, 12:20 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

QUOTE (xiao_la @ 1 hour, 36 minutes ago)
Indeed! It might of tasted like if someone dropped the Rescue Rangers inside a mako reactor and ate their innards; but my stomach felt like a giant crocodile had 35 babies inside my belly and exploded... *urghh* just recalling the taste makes my mouth !@#$%^&*

I'm good with vodka surprisingly. Had some Smirnoff with Sprite yesterday, and it ended up tasting pretty nice!~ smile.gif

My avvy's from the last ToHeart2 OVA.

awesome.gif fear2.gif

lol, and i know your pain regarding mixing alcohols. i couldnt keep any food down for the next 24 hours until i emptied my stomach. i havent mixed any base alcohols since then nor plan on doing so all within 24 hours. though someone i know has done that to her brother to teach him a lesson, think it was vodka/gin mix.

smirnoff is horrible imo by itself, i prefer grey goose. i do once in a while buy the smirnoff poppers and smirnoff blends. their flavored ones like marshmellows cant be drunk straight, its also likely the same for the other various flavored 750ML bottles.

im not a fan of mixing drinks with sodas but im forced to do so to finish off certain types i purchased in the past. vodka and midori work well 1:4 ratio if i remember correctly. i tried the soho lychee liqueur, that was hard to drink even with sprite, so damn sweet to begin with.

i just dropped by the SAQ liquor store and got some apple punch NO.7 Jack Daniels, havent tried it yet but i will do so in a few hours once the bottle is cold.
EDIT: its a pretty good drink, a mild apple taste with a bit of sourness but it just sweet enough and easy to drink.

thanks, now i know why that avatar drove me crazy. i saw the Toheart series atleast a few years ago and couldnt place that face or uniform.

This post has been edited by 207 on Oct 16 2015, 07:01 AM
xiao
Posted: Oct 16 2015, 07:42 AM

moon bunny

QUOTE (207 @ Yesterday, 2:20 PM)
...I tried the soho lychee liqueur...

I tried Noel Vermilion's white as... oh wait... wrong thread! XD
Spaz
Posted: Oct 16 2015, 08:23 AM

Group Icon

I last weekend picked up a few notable beers:

Southern Tier Pumking - Yeah, it's widely available, still tasty though.
Surly Nein - Haven't tried it yet but I'm incredibly excited to do so, Surly always does right by their anniversary brews. Should be able to get more than the two bottles I have fairly easily.
Bell's 30th Anniversary - Limited production, one time run. I have two bottles, need to get more if I can to save for later... Or forever.
Posted: Oct 16 2015, 09:45 AM

Hiretsuna rōjin

am i the one here who doesnt give a damn about beer? i can count the beer brands i can tolerate or drink without really caring about on 1 hand. there's something about the hops that make beer have 3 distinctive tastes: bitter, sweet or bland. i cant stand the the first 2 tastes and im willing to have some beers without much taste on rare occasions or just for sharing a drink with friends/family occasions. by that i mean in 1 year i may only have only drunk the equivalent of 5 355ml bottles.

Canadian brand beer is one that you'd probably say has not much taste to it but its one i can drink without hating the taste while disregarding its flavor. Sapporo is a bit on the bitter side but i can drink it without too much issues. i really dont like Coors, despise the taste. the first bottle was fine until the last 1/4 of the bottle. the last part was disgustingly sweet and any other Coors after that tastes just as sweet from the start as the last 1/4 of the first bottle i ever drank.

@xiao: lol, i get the joke. unfortunately i prefer Cirno's design and abilities a bit more.

This post has been edited by 207 on Oct 16 2015, 09:51 AM
xiao
Posted: Oct 16 2015, 12:05 PM

moon bunny

Ohh mans, yeah, I just consume beer to be social; but the proper way to get smashed is definitely liqueur~ Smirnoff wine coolers & Bacardi chick drinks & that little Skyy Blue elixir are a must when I'm feeling cheeky. :3

Cirno? #9 has no relation to BlazBlue, mang. I was strictly talking about f☆p'ing to video game characters! XD

...I mean Cirno's super cute, don't me wrong. user posted image

This post has been edited by xiao_la on Oct 16 2015, 12:06 PM

4 Pages  1 2 3 4