Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing (WMMT3 OST) Select Maxi3

Important Rules
• Please do NOT post knowingly false information. Violators will be issued an actual warning.
• Please do NOT copy and paste articles from other websites. Link and short description is ok, but please do not copy and paste pages of info. Violator will be issued a verbal warning.
• Do NOT post any torrents and/or links to pirated copies of software here. Violator will be issued a verbal warning.
• Discussions about illegal materials such as ROMs, WAREZ and methods of copying copyrighted materials are not encouraged in this subforum.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 2,500  ·  Replies: 9 
> D-Link Issues
W.A.R
  Posted: Dec 27 2011, 09:25 PM

IDW Goldmember

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 11,318

I have a D- Link Wireless N 300 Gigabit Router DIR-651

Thing is that it does not connect to my internet no more.
And a DNS error would display when I open my internet browser. I manually reset it that didn't work I used the CD it came with to reset it, that didn't work.

If anyone can throw some helpful suggestions that would be good.

K thanx awesome.gif
Perry
Posted: Dec 27 2011, 09:43 PM

Like an eagle!
Group Icon

Group: SITE OWNER
Member No.: 1

Have you try connecting directly to the wireless router and see if you can get online?
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
W.A.R
  Posted: Dec 27 2011, 10:00 PM

IDW Goldmember

Nope
I have the time warner modem that is the source of my internet but when I connect the internet wire to the router it still wont let e connect online. This is weird because this just happen out of the blue. It was working perfectly fine but now its just not connecting to the internet at all even though the modem does?

I think i also saw a message where it can connect to the IP adress
Nomake Wan
Posted: Dec 28 2011, 01:09 PM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

QUOTE (W.A.R @ Yesterday, 11:00 PM)
Nope
I have the time warner modem that is the source of my internet but when I connect the internet wire to the router it still wont let e connect online. This is weird because this just happen out of the blue. It was working perfectly fine but now its just not connecting to the internet at all even though the modem does?

I think i also saw a message where it can connect to the IP adress

Can you get online by connecting your computer directly to the cable modem?

Have you tried doing a factory reset on the router's web interface?
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
W.A.R
  Posted: Dec 28 2011, 04:43 PM

IDW Goldmember

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 3 hours, 33 minutes ago)
Can you get online by connecting your computer directly to the cable modem?

Have you tried doing a factory reset on the router's web interface?

Yes I can go online if I were to connect directly to the modem.

I dont know if I did do that factory reset? How would you do that?
Perry
Posted: Dec 28 2011, 06:20 PM

Like an eagle!
Group Icon

Group: SITE OWNER
Member No.: 1

Try connecting to the wireless router directly and then type in 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 and see if you can get to the router's web interface. Usually that address is printed at the bottom of the router. In the web interface, you can do a reset.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
W.A.R
  Posted: Dec 28 2011, 06:59 PM

IDW Goldmember

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 796 x 228. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

I even put those IP adresses in my browser it wont let me do it.

This pops up
Then it takes me to a bunch of files on my computer when I type that in the "run"

This post has been edited by W.A.R on Dec 28 2011, 06:59 PM
Nomake Wan
Posted: Dec 28 2011, 09:54 PM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (W.A.R @ 2 hours, 54 minutes ago)
http://i44.tinypic.com/2a7bvb8.jpg

I even put those IP adresses in my browser it wont let me do it.

This pops up
Then it takes me to a bunch of files on my computer when I type that in the "run"

Okay, let's do this carefully. First off, what OS are you on? Let's begin with these instructions. Before trying this, make sure that your computer is plugged into the router, and the router is correctly plugged into the modem via its WAN port. If the modem is plugged into a LAN port then you've already found the problem!

Windows XP
1.) Open up a Command Prompt. Start->All Programs->Accessories. Alternatively, Run... -> cmd
2.) Type 'ipconfig' and hit enter.

Windows Vista/Windows 7
1.) Open up an Admin Command Prompt. Start->All Programs->Accessories, right-click "Command Prompt" and click "Run as Administrator." If you have UAC disabled you can simply type "cmd" into Run. Get to Run either by typing 'run' into the search or hitting Windows+R on your keyboard.
2.) Type 'ipconfig' and hit enter.

The "Default Gateway" address listed is the IP address of your router. You can type that into any web browser and it will get you to the D-Link Web Interface. Once there it will ask you for a password. Since you didn't even know that the web interface existed I'm going to assume that the password is default. If so, there is no password (leave the password field blank). Keep in mind that not changing the password is dangerous for a wireless router, especially if you weren't even aware of the web interface's existence. It's best to change it to something better.

If the default password doesn't work, it's entirely possible that someone has hijacked your wireless router and that is the cause of these problems. In this case, you can do a physical factory reset. Find the small reset hole on the back of the router and get a tool that will fit within the hole. Use the tool to hold down the reset switch for 60 seconds. Doing so will completely reset the router to factory defaults and you will be able to log back into it. Changing the password should be your first task upon doing so.

Hope this helps a little.
W.A.R
  Posted: Dec 29 2011, 01:34 PM

IDW Goldmember

I have windows XP

I tried i ipconfig and it worked.
Now I just gotta change my password if any thing.

Thanks mannng wink2.gif
Nomake Wan
Posted: Dec 29 2011, 03:54 PM

ShiMACHaze

No worries! I love D-Link routers personally so I'm glad to be able to help. happy.gif