Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 7 unique listeners, playing Yuzo Koshiro - Drifting into You

Important Rules
• Please use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread will result in a verbal warning.
• Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.
• Post your requests in the pinned threads. If your request does not belong to any existent pinned threads, please start a new topic.
• Please use Post Icons when starting new topics, to state the purpose of your topic and to have a better visual classification.

NEW RELEASES: Super Eurobeat 221 (23 January 2013), Super Eurobeat Presents Initial D Fifth Stage D Selection (08 February 2013), Super Eurobeat Presents Initial D Fifth Stage D Non-Stop Selection (08 March 2013), Initial D Fifth Stage Sound File (08 March 2013), Super Eurobeat 222 (20 March 2013)

Special Link(s): EUROBEAT.go2id (SEB Album Collection Site) (New Site), Revive Music Section (Donation Tracker)

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

3 Pages  1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 14,137  ·  Replies: 58 
> Show Your Internet Speed, ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
Nerubian
Posted: Oct 31 2016, 12:45 PM

Living in the woods when it's raining in the dark.

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 36,931

Would be interesting to see what South Korea got.
xiao
  Posted: Oct 31 2016, 01:54 PM

moon bunny

Group: XIAO
Member No.: 13,323

QUOTE (Nerubian @ 27 minutes, 18 seconds ago)
Would be interesting to see what South Korea got.

Shaddap & post yer Infranet Speedo Nerubi-pyon ~ wub.gif

( like it's 1999 user posted image )

user posted image

~$15.00 for 3 Mb/s facepalm.gif
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Lebon14
Posted: Oct 31 2016, 02:40 PM

🎧

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 18,005

QUOTE (xiao @ Today, 1:58 AM)
Tho it's still a jipp ~ 50 bucks for 30 Down doesn't seem too bad, it's a bit more than the ratio my city-locked ISP Time Warner gets us here in the middle'o the desert. I was paying 75 USD for ~50 Down a month ... yeah ~ fuq'dat ~ I'm waiting for Google Fiber to take over the world in 3099 AD...

...orz

http://imgur.com/skKeBef.gif ♪ ♫

Actually, the base price is 65$ CAD. Comes with a 130GB monthly cap. Want unlimited and want internet alone? Add 35$. Is it cheap still?

My price is only so low coz we have multiple services and negotiated a price for a year.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
xiao
  Posted: Oct 31 2016, 03:48 PM

moon bunny

QUOTE (Lebon14 @ 1 hour, 1 minutes ago)
Comes with a 130GB monthly cap.

Stop da CAP my dudes~!! crying2.gif

--- --- ---

Y'know~ turning on internet speed in a house from 1 Mb/s to 1 Gb/s is as easy as flipping a switch on a shoddy 2-bit call center in Texas. Yet still, this poses the eternal question we all have with Internet Service Providers...

Q. Why do they charge so much for Internet Service? ohmy.gif

And the answer always falls back to the obvious...

A. Because they can. pinch2.gif

God Google help us... orz
KiraTM
Posted: Nov 1 2016, 09:42 AM

NitroFire

Group: Members
Member No.: 36,911

The Telekom wanted to make data caps at 75 GB per month. That's around half of my monthly usage. Of course, many people complained and decalred to not continue their contracts. In the end, the Telekom is pretty much the only ISP which doesn't have a data cap currently.
There's also Vodafone which had a 10 GB per day data cap but they experienced the very same.

I currently have a data cap too, but it's one I don't really reach: I get throttled speed for the rest of the month if I reach the 300 GB limit. But this only applies when I generate >300 GB traffic in three following months. It resets if I'm under 300 GB in one month.

I never reach this normally. There was only the month my HDD died and I had to download so much stuff again.

However, I don't know if this data cap will be annoying in a few years. I'd prefer having an expensive fiber connection instead of a cheap data capped copper one.
magiblot
Posted: Nov 1 2016, 10:59 AM

Speed Speed Lover ☆

Member No.: 46,334

Thankfully, no ISP in Spain applies data caps to ADSL or FTTH (or at least they don't let us know).
I think they are quite restrictive with 3G and 4G though; usual data caps for mobile usage are beetween 1 and 3 GB a month.

Right now my ISP has the following offers for a standalone mobile line (it could be cheapier if you pay a landline + internet + mobile offer instead): 1 GB (13 € a month), 1,5 GB (26 €), 2,5 GB (34 €) and 5 GB (45 €). Meanwhile in Russia you can have FTTH for less money laugh2.gif .

The fun fact is that by default you will be charged for every bit you exceed (in the case of my ISP, it's 1,5 cents per Mb with no speed throttle), and they usually don't tell you at the time of enabling the mobile line. Thus, people with little knowledge about smartphones will be easily charged +30 euros at the end of the month if they have an oversight. :truestory:
xiao
  Posted: Nov 1 2016, 01:55 PM

moon bunny

QUOTE (KiraTM @ 4 hours, 2 minutes ago)
I'd prefer having an expensive fiber connection instead of a cheap data capped copper one.

Ditto. This reminds me of the ridonculous ideology & business ethics of Ferrari S.p.A.

A 2016 LaFerrari costs approximately no more than a few thousand US dollars to manufacture in terms of raw materials: ie. carbon fiber, aluminium, rubber tires, cheapo electronix found at Fry's, etc etc...

So why does that fugly-Jerusalem-Cricket-looking car cost 1 million USD...!!? O_O;;;

Welp according to Ferraru, you're paying for patronage of their Formula 1 team, and cheering them to win the Gran Prix with that dosh... huh.gif

So I guess we're cheering the Internet Service Companies to win the yearly Gran Prix, when we pay more than it requires to run an ISP Telecommunications Company eh? ...well, last time I checked not even a handful of ISP's own an F1 racing team... derp.gif ~
MKwiakaku
Posted: Nov 2 2016, 08:42 AM

Power of Sound

Member No.: 26,476

user posted image
magiblot
Posted: Nov 2 2016, 09:54 AM

Speed Speed Lover ☆

Member No.: 46,334

However, at college:

user posted image
xiao
  Posted: Nov 2 2016, 10:38 AM

moon bunny

QUOTE (magiblot @ 42 minutes, 56 seconds ago)
user posted image

uuuhahhahahahahahaha~!!1 shock.gif
Who wants to go back to college with xiao-kunz~dribble.gif
Tessou
Posted: Nov 2 2016, 02:43 PM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

user posted image

:/ This is what "free internet" gets you.
xiao
  Posted: Nov 2 2016, 03:52 PM

moon bunny

QUOTE (Tessou @ 1 hour, 6 minutes ago)
:/ This is what "free internet" gets you.

I'm trying to get our J-userbase in Tokyo to post a pic of their speed... I know those mofo's get really close to 1 Gb/s and if you do R&D for a Co. like Sony, those fuckaz break the residential barrier & scrape the Docsys 3.1 10 Gb/s edge of sanity!!1 wacko.gif
Tessou
Posted: Nov 2 2016, 08:33 PM

Group Icon

I'd believe it. The US has some of the worst speeds outside of uninhabited islands. All these fucking communication companies are so busy competing with each other over who has the best disgusting turd that they rarely improve. Competent speeds are kept behind extortionate price barriers and only in select areas.

Mediacom advertises 1Gb service... but nowhere near me and it costs more than my car payment and insurance combined.
xiao
  Posted: Nov 2 2016, 08:57 PM

moon bunny

All the big ones like AT&T, Comcast, Time Warner Charter Spectrum, Cox, CenturyLonq, Verizon, and few other biggies are all starting to use the existing fiber network in many large cities or building their own spaghetti of cables into smaller towns like ours. New York, Austin, Chicago, Los Angeles, Seattle, etc etc ~ all the big cities have fiber already. But I still can't figure out why they jack-up the price for 1 Gigabit down and ???? upload, save that they're exaggerating that wiring the US with fiber optiks costs an arm & a leg derp.gif when it's probably just the fact that they're raising their already over inflated CEO salaries derp.gif

I'd like to see the next election raise the issue of why doesn't the govt use our Tax-payer buxx for a comprehensive fiber network very much like the Interstate Road System for cars... instead of spending tax-moneys on useless shizz.

The internet's a very powerful learning tool, and kids nowadays including ourselves learn cool stuff like how to play an instrument or a new language or how to code in complex computer languages ~ everybody needs that 1 Gig for cheap down ASAP. online2long.gif

This post has been edited by xiao on Nov 2 2016, 08:58 PM
Tessou
Posted: Nov 2 2016, 09:15 PM

Group Icon

You're asking why multimillion dollar corporations are asking for a lot of money for a basic service? rolleyes.gif

user posted image
xiao
  Posted: Nov 2 2016, 10:20 PM

moon bunny

QUOTE (Tessou @ 1 hour, 1 minutes ago)
user posted image

Well I did fail every class I took in high school including yearbook & economics~ laugh.gif

funnily enough I aced biology tho' shifty2.gif
PS_Pro
Posted: Nov 3 2016, 11:05 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 34,297

user posted image

$99 AUD p.m.

This is after the upgrade that they're rolling out (slowly) country-wide. Before that we were stuck on sub 10Mbps downloads.
gensek
Posted: Nov 6 2016, 03:41 AM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 36,771

My mobile internet 10 GB ~7$ a month. 4G. And it's not the cheapest.
In the Russian Federation and the mobile Internet cheaper.
This makes me happy.
xiao
  Posted: Nov 6 2016, 04:15 AM

moon bunny

QUOTE (gensek @ 28 minutes, 28 seconds ago)
My mobile internet 10 GB

Holy ferk my mobile internet's better than my residential... ohmy.gif

user posted image

user posted image

So much for WiFi ~ derp.gif
euto
Posted: Nov 6 2016, 06:32 AM

レボリューション☆

Member No.: 40,031

user posted image

When my internet has no problem smile.gif

This post has been edited by euto on Nov 6 2016, 06:34 AM
xiao
  Posted: Nov 6 2016, 11:57 AM

moon bunny

QUOTE (euto @ 5 hours, 55 minutes ago)
> 墨田区 smile.gif

~ チョウゥゥー☆キレーーーーーーイィィィ!!! ユートさん~!user posted image

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1024 x 768. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.
euto
Posted: Nov 6 2016, 03:45 PM

レボリューション☆

Member No.: 40,031

QUOTE (xiao @ 3 hours, 48 minutes ago)
™ ~ ƒ`ƒ‡ƒEƒDƒD[™ƒLƒŒ[[[[[[ƒCƒBƒBƒB!!! ƒ†[ƒg‚³‚ñ~Ihttp://imgur.com/OhFLX5R.gif

http://imgur.com/i3NOjpZ.jpg

I think so too! wub.gif

But I don't live in Sumida-ku.
Why was a server such indication? sweatingbullets.gif
xiao
  Posted: Nov 6 2016, 11:13 PM

moon bunny

QUOTE (euto @ 7 hours, 24 minutes ago)
I think so too! wub.gif

~ The place I most wanna go visit ~ just so I can lay under a tree & fall asleep on a lazy red shoe sunday afternoon listening to nothing but music at 5 centimeters a second isー

Hakone!

~ I blame Kaido Battle for my flat-out love of that road... wub.gif ♪ ♫
BB2euro
Posted: Nov 19 2016, 05:22 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 47,697

speedtest.net/result/5812264267.png

This is on Australia's NBN satellite which I pay $75AUD/month for and I get 25/5 speeds (or so they say) with 40GB on peak data (between 07:00-01:00) and 50GB off peak data (01:00-07:00) sad.gif .

With NBN fixed line connections you pay about $110AUD for unlimited data and the top tier speeds which is 100/40. A bit over priced compared to what I've seen on this thread.

(sorry about the link sad.gif can't post it as an image because i'm new here)

This post has been edited by BB2euro on Nov 19 2016, 05:23 PM
xiao
  Posted: Nov 19 2016, 05:53 PM

moon bunny

QUOTE (BB2euro @ 19 minutes, 38 seconds ago)
$75AUD/month

woahhh momma god-dang brother I feel for you ~ sad.gif -- cellphone Co's wanna start charging a thousand bucks for a shinny bloody brick & internutz TeleCo's wanna charge 100 USD a month for shizz UnderGigabit service ... wish there was something we Joe Schmoe's could do. We really gotta start taking up the Linux Airlines™ model ... orz

In other news Spectrum ate Time Warner & we got a slightly cheaper deal for our terms: so I ran a slight upgrade in our service ... if one can even call it that - all they did was push a bloody button in a call center in central TX & our city still doesn't have an inch of fiber tho' derp.gif

user posted image

Hang in there bruv ~ after 3 post you can link images & once you're outta college you can move to a bigger city with lightning speed telenet cabling! sweatingbullets.gif

This post has been edited by xiao on Nov 20 2016, 07:32 AM

3 Pages  1 2 3