Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 3 unique listeners, playing Boys Band - Crazy Night

Automotive Section Rules
• Scenes depicted in Initial D are strictly fiction. Please follow the traffic rules and drive safely.
• When posting a classified thread, please label it with For Sale (FS), For Trade (FT) or Want To Buy (WTB) in the thread title.
• Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
• Personal videos of illegal street racing are prohibited. Do NOT brag about your exploits. Posting a video depicting dangerous/reckless driving behavior on your part will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

3 Pages  1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 10,274  ·  Replies: 65 
> Plentymoon's 83 Rx7 Build
Plentymoon
  Posted: Mar 22 2015, 09:22 PM

IDW Expert Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 45,235

Check my build thread for pictures of suspension removed we are cleaning all of it up and repainting them so it looks new under the.

Next week engine bay will be finished being cleaned up and ready for New paint battery location will be moved to rear of the car and possible run to seperate smaller batteries for cranking purposes just in case it's cold or if one battery starts to fail the other one can help make up for any missing cranking amps.

Got any thoughts or questions?

Ps. This car is part of what me and my buddies hope will get our shop off the ground and help with attract customers for any kind of work.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]

This post has been edited by Plentymoon on Mar 22 2015, 09:24 PM
Plentymoon
  Posted: Apr 17 2015, 05:19 AM

IDW Expert Member

no update on the car thus far but good news I bought a small half ton gas dodge with over 269k about to hit 270k runs perfect used professional scan tools found no codes no strange ticks in the engine and crazy enough not really leaking oil all for $800 from my work place never really drove this POS so never actually got to wonder how it drove at first.

anyways I have had it for a week and I have found only 2 reasons to keep it.

1. will make a good spare vehicle for when the mazda is running and I have any parts failures or a tire blow out and need a truck to haul parts or spare tires to fix it or haul it back and drive to work.

2. DRIFT THE GOD DAMN MOTHER FUCKING HELL OUT OF IT BECAUSE IT SLIDES LIKE BUTTER ON THE DIRT AND NO REAL OVER STEER IT HAS EARNED ITS RIGHT TO JOIN MY FLEET!!!

I will get some pictures of it up its a very basic truck has a lot of power still and a lot of life left to give still gets great gas mileage and is in pretty decent shape outside and inside minus some outside rust and the cracked dash that is all to damn common in a dodge xDD

would love to make a video of it at work but because rules are rules not sure if this counts for dirt roads and or any clearly empty dirt spaces where well no real traffic exists and COPS.
Kiroshino
Posted: Apr 17 2015, 07:06 AM

IDW Goldmember
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 34,203

Rule probably applies to roads, but not off public roads. A mod would probably have the final say on that.

But yeah, that's pretty awesome. I've heard that Dodge pickups are pretty reliable, and pickups in general are cheap and easy to maintain. So, you should have one good truck there. smile.gif
Nomake Wan
Posted: Apr 17 2015, 08:51 AM

ShiMACHaze

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 5,394

We don't care what you do off-road.

Also 'it slides like butter on the dirt and no real over steer'? So which is it then? tongue.gif
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Spaz
Posted: Apr 17 2015, 09:22 AM

Just a guy towing a car across the country to chase a dream.
Group Icon

Member No.: 30,193

Quite frankly, I personally don't care what you do anywhere. The only rule is that videos of any on-road shenans can't be posted. Talk about it all you want, but be prepared to catch hell if you're being a dumbass, we've historically let community response to that kind of stuff run a bit longer than normal.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Rudy
Posted: Apr 17 2015, 09:33 AM

Unregistered

(THIS POST WAS REMOVED BY REQUEST)
Plentymoon
  Posted: Apr 17 2015, 02:21 PM

IDW Expert Member

QUOTE (Rudy @ 4 hours, 47 minutes ago)
It's simple. His truck came equipped with Need For Speed Underground drift physics installed. awesome.gif

I love that response lol also im not sure which it is but it works well in the off road and im gonna do just that off road the hell out of it.

gonna be the first time since my subaru outback am I gonna have this much fun in the dirt.

Quite frankly, I personally don't care what you do anywhere. The only rule is that videos of any on-road shenans can't be posted. Talk about it all you want, but be prepared to catch hell if you're being a dumbass, we've historically let community response to that kind of stuff run a bit longer than normal.

Spaz I will keep this in mind and make sure I don't post anything dangerous here but I will do truck work with it
Plentymoon
  Posted: May 19 2015, 02:34 PM

IDW Expert Member

YOUTUBE ( https://youtu.be/23GmjTYhunE )

just a little more and this bad girl will get to drift again!!~
sideways
Posted: May 19 2015, 06:23 PM

We're the People's Front of Judea!

Member No.: 1,355

Id take them out of the car, bolt them together, and install the engine/trans in one piece personally.
Plentymoon
  Posted: May 19 2015, 08:37 PM

IDW Expert Member

QUOTE (sideways @ 2 hours, 13 minutes ago)
Id take them out of the car, bolt them together, and install the engine/trans in one piece personally.

usually the best way but since I had the trans in first and didn't think about it ahead of time which was before I got this motor from that 3 rx7 deal.

but im not to concerned about it now the engine and tras are together and half bolted together right now no use in me wasting anymore time trying to do it all over again. Give me like one more week or 2 and I will fire the car up and see how she runs with this new heart.

gonna be a fun re-tuning the carb for stock to drive again. awesome.gif

This post has been edited by Plentymoon on May 19 2015, 08:38 PM
Spaz
Posted: May 20 2015, 10:37 AM

Group Icon

Because tuning carbs is sooooo haaaard. tongue.gif

Take that over EFI any day, especially with the price difference between screw drivers and laptops. laugh2.gif
Plentymoon
  Posted: May 20 2015, 01:59 PM

IDW Expert Member

QUOTE (Spaz @ 3 hours, 21 minutes ago)

Take that over EFI any day, especially with the price difference between screw drivers and laptops. laugh2.gif

oh I wasn't saying it was a bad thing thats my fave part cause I get to decide if I want to shoot some flames or not!~ w00t2.gif
Nomake Wan
Posted: May 20 2015, 03:58 PM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (Spaz @ 5 hours, 20 minutes ago)

Hahaha, I feel ya. A vacuum gauge and a timing light and voila, you've tuned your carb.

Unless you drive a Z or similar multi-carb vehicle in which case enjoy balancing your carbs. Still easier for some people than that laptop, but... laugh2.gif
Plentymoon
  Posted: May 21 2015, 04:38 AM

IDW Expert Member

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ Yesterday, 3:58 PM)
Hahaha, I feel ya. A vacuum gauge and a timing light and voila, you've tuned your carb.

Unless you drive a Z or similar multi-carb vehicle in which case enjoy balancing your carbs. Still easier for some people than that laptop, but... laugh2.gif

AEM Wideband Air/Fuel Ratio

thats what this wideband will be for biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Plentymoon on May 21 2015, 04:47 AM
Plentymoon
  Posted: Jun 11 2015, 01:48 PM

IDW Expert Member

YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17bTryqh72k )

all thats really left is putting the oil pan and radiator in but I broke a bolt like a noob on the oil pan so I have to buy a tap and dye set and take it out but im not in a hurry right so in the mean time I will finish putting the inside of the car back together try to make sure as much of the original equipment works like it use to.

happy.gif
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jun 11 2015, 02:31 PM

ShiMACHaze

Damn those things are tiny. They're like little joke engines.

Ah well, cool to see some progress.
Plentymoon
  Posted: Jun 11 2015, 05:23 PM

IDW Expert Member

Heh if I had a a nickel for every time I heard something about there size I would have a $1

I got a message on rx7 club about wanting one of our carbs to be built so we can replicate it about $400 and me pay shipping both ways is not so bad for a boost prepped carb that can be tuned either way

sideways
Posted: Jun 12 2015, 11:02 AM

We're the People's Front of Judea!

Member No.: 1,355

Carburetor? How do you tune the injector impulse on one of those confused2.gif
Plentymoon
  Posted: Jun 12 2015, 02:23 PM

IDW Expert Member

QUOTE (sideways @ 3 hours, 20 minutes ago)
Carburetor? How do you tune the injector impulse on one of those confused2.gif
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jun 12 2015, 02:59 PM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (Plentymoon @ 36 minutes, 31 seconds ago)
AEM Wideband Air/Fuel

I don't think you understood his question. laugh2.gif Trust me, you'd need a hell of a lot more than a wideband to tune the injector pulse on a carbeuretor. awesome.gif
Plentymoon
  Posted: Jun 12 2015, 07:26 PM

IDW Expert Member

I did but why not play along? I ask mechanics my age at dealerships all the time if they could change the fuel injectors on my carb sometimes you just want to laugh on the outside instead of the inside when they say "yeah I can do that".

Nomake Wan
Posted: Jun 12 2015, 08:27 PM

ShiMACHaze

Heh. Kinda like on my old '90 Legacy, oil change places always wanted to change rear differential fluid. I told them that if they found one under there they were welcome to go for it. laugh2.gif
Plentymoon
  Posted: Jun 12 2015, 10:25 PM

IDW Expert Member

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 1 hour, 57 minutes ago)
Heh. Kinda like on my old '90 Legacy, oil change places always wanted to change rear differential fluid. I told them that if they found one under there they were welcome to go for it. laugh2.gif

I'm still trying to figure out how so many people at age 22 became mechanics at dealerships but get tricked in by silly questions i'm either to smart to work at a dealer or they just don't want to pay me for my knowledge and experience or because im an asshole and will laugh at someone who tells me they are gonna just throw a turbo on their car without a tune.

whatever the reason is its still funny to prank them with carburetor questions. awesome.gif makefun.gif derp.gif

So I don't sound like an ass when I say experience or knowledge its mainly on commercial diesel but all the same crap to me. once I got into mechanic work I loved it instantly for the sounds of an Engine screaming out horsepower!

This post has been edited by Plentymoon on Jun 12 2015, 10:43 PM
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jun 13 2015, 12:56 AM

ShiMACHaze

I'd just like to put out there that while they're grossly inefficiently and stupidly complex, I absolutely love blow-through turbo setups. If nothing else I have to respect someone who is willing to go through the trouble not only to get the turbo working on their carb'd car (a lost art in and of itself) but to actually get it to run properly and decently. I'd never do it on any car I owned, but bravo to those who do in this era of electronics and perfection.
Spaz
Posted: Jun 13 2015, 06:48 AM

Group Icon

I will have a blow-through carb'd rotary at some point in my life.

Because reasons.

3 Pages  1 2 3