Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 6 unique listeners, playing anxiety

Automotive Section Rules
• Scenes depicted in Initial D are strictly fiction. Please follow the traffic rules and drive safely.
• When posting a classified thread, please label it with For Sale (FS), For Trade (FT) or Want To Buy (WTB) in the thread title.
• Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
• Personal videos of illegal street racing are prohibited. Do NOT brag about your exploits. Posting a video depicting dangerous/reckless driving behavior on your part will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

2 Pages  1 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 5,233  ·  Replies: 32 
> It's official, First R32 enters US under 25 year law
Lonely_Driver
Posted: Oct 24 2014, 01:15 PM

IDW Supremo Member

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 38,019

Limo tint, Huge mellon shooter cans, Loud as fuck catless exhaust. Never been pulled over.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
RalliKai
Posted: Oct 25 2014, 10:54 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 3,607

I'm going to agree with Deez. The R32 is neat and my favorite in the line but I wouldn't go thru the hassle to import a 25 year-old car here. If it were 15 years instead of 25, I might change my tune alittle but then I'd be wanting to paw for an Evo VI TME.

This post has been edited by RalliKai on Oct 25 2014, 10:56 AM
Spaz
Posted: Oct 25 2014, 12:36 PM

Just a guy towing a car across the country to chase a dream.
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 30,193

QUOTE (RalliKai @ 1 hour, 42 minutes ago)
I'm going to agree with Deez. The R32 is neat and my favorite in the line but I wouldn't go thru the hassle to import a 25 year-old car here. If it were 15 years instead of 25, I might change my tune alittle but then I'd be wanting to paw for an Evo VI TME.

I still wish I'd pursued the TME in NC. LHD, too. Less than 150 made in that spec... Had it been real. Still don't know if it was or not.
DeeezNuuuts83
Posted: Oct 27 2014, 10:19 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 25,374

QUOTE (Spaz @ Oct 25 2014, 01:36 PM)
I still wish I'd pursued the TME in NC. LHD, too. Less than 150 made in that spec... Had it been real. Still don't know if it was or not.

Still, it just seems like a lot of work to own it. Engine parts obviously aren't too difficult to come by (with the 4G63 having been around as long as it has), but I'd assume that body parts might be tough to hunt down, should something need to be replaced.

Not that I don't think the VI TME is bad ass.
Spaz
Posted: Oct 28 2014, 08:25 AM

Group Icon

QUOTE (DeeezNuuuts83 @ Today, 1:19 AM)
Still, it just seems like a lot of work to own it. Engine parts obviously aren't too difficult to come by (with the 4G63 having been around as long as it has), but I'd assume that body parts might be tough to hunt down, should something need to be replaced.

Not that I don't think the VI TME is bad ass.

Body panels? Yeah. Chassis stuff is VERY similar to the CT9A, to where things like knuckles and arms transfer straight over. There are way more parts for those cars readily available in the 'States than you'd initially think.
Rudy
Posted: Nov 11 2014, 05:35 PM

Unregistered

(THIS POST WAS REMOVED BY REQUEST)
Spaz
Posted: Nov 12 2014, 09:57 AM

Group Icon

QUOTE (Rudy @ Yesterday, 8:35 PM)
There's an added side benefit to importing a 25 year old car; its registerable as a Historic vehicle and therefore emissions exempt.

Very good news for people in California who wanted these R32's. Hey Spaz, when was the Lancer Evolution first produced, month wise? September '90?

The Evo debuted at the Monte Carlo rally in January of '93, but I forget when they went on sale. March maybe?
Rudy
Posted: Nov 13 2014, 09:19 AM

Unregistered

(THIS POST WAS REMOVED BY REQUEST)

2 Pages  1 2