Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 6 unique listeners, playing (MF Ghost OST) Jay Lehr - Hi Love

Anime and Manga Forum Rules
• Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
• Use the Search function or read the Index of All Threads before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal or actual warning (if this rule is violated repeatedly).
• Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.
• Discussion of yaoi/yuri is permitted, however, posting any sexual content and material is strictly prohibited and will result in an actual warning.
• Please use spoiler tags when addressing a spoiler. Violating this rule may earn you a verbal warning. Please read this thread for more information on how to use spoiler tags.
• Please ensure that when posting images that the images are at a reasonable resolution (i.e. 640 x 480 and below) or that you use a thumbnail to link to the original sized image.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

2 Pages  1 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 6,767  ·  Replies: 32 
> New Anime, meh
Ethos
Posted: Mar 2 2013, 01:38 PM

IDW Regular Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 24,090

QUOTE (theAbsolutelyRedLink @ Jan 14 2013, 05:10 PM)

ALSO: Thanks for not recommending the following- Deadman wonderland, Cassern Sins,

Dude, you didn't like Casshern Sins? That anime is freaking amazing. It's kinda deep and depressing, yeah. But it's highly underrated in my opinion.
matter1387
Posted: Mar 13 2013, 03:49 AM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 40,757

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzimaya is a pretty good one, it kinda like one of those old books where to the chapters are out of place and you can either read it linear, which you will be like wtf? or get the actual order and be like holy shit this is an amazing anime.

School Rumble is something I laughed at and enjoyed.

Fullmetal Alchemist was good, but if you havent seen it, Watch it before Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood so you can appreciate brotherhood 100x over. The first series is not bad at all by any means, i just think that the second one is much better and follows the manga instead of being distracted and walking off the story line to follow a butterfly or something.

Wtf do you have a problem with Naruto for? I mean, i have been watching it and bleach since I was a freshman, and I am 21 now so 7 years, and I have never had a problem with it. It has a good story line for the most part and if you skip the fillers Its pretty addicting, and if you say otherwise I think you are an anime hipster and its too mainstream for you.

Bleach on the otherhand, I stopped caring once Aizen was defeated, because that to me was the resolution of the first big problem, I check the manga every so often and I am like wtf is this.

One piece (dont stab me) I LOVE just because of its theme of do whatever and have fun with life. Its fucking awesome now especially because of the way the series has developed into epic level fights because of the strength of the characters compared to when the series first introduced them.

Kaze No Stigma - in japanese, I liked.

Sgt. Frog - in english on netflix is pretty funny, I havent seen the english subbed version, but I kinda love the random comedy, and the narrator, as well as the pop culture ref's.... basically I just love that show in general and can watch it anytime.

If I remember any more I will try to re post. but that is it for ones I currently watch and have watched that are note worthy, if I remember it, it must be good right?

Nomake Wan
Posted: Mar 13 2013, 05:11 AM

ShiMACHaze

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 5,394

QUOTE (matter1387 @ 1 hour, 21 minutes ago)
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzimaya is a pretty good one, it kinda like one of those old books where to the chapters are out of place and you can either read it linear, which you will be like wtf? or get the actual order and be like holy shit this is an amazing anime.

Fullmetal Alchemist was good, but if you havent seen it, Watch it before Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood so you can appreciate brotherhood 100x over.

Wtf do you have a problem with Naruto for?...Bleach on the otherhand...One piece

Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.

"Watch the shitty FMA before you watch FMA:B so you can appreciate how much better FMA:B is." Orrrr you could just watch FMA:B and get on with it?

Because if you haven't started Naruto/One Piece/Bleach/etc by now, don't even freakin' bother. For the same amount of time you would spend trying to catch up you could completely finish off plenty of other infinitely better series.

Won't touch on the last line. awesome.gif
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
kyonpalm
Posted: Mar 13 2013, 08:20 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

ITT:

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 960 x 664. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
matter1387
Posted: Mar 13 2013, 11:42 AM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 40,757

FMA is only meh if you read the manga, which a lot of people haven't in comparison to those who have. And I watched it before fma:b and it made fma:b better to watch because it answers a good amount of questions that you have after fma. Fma is a good anime, not a good manga adaptation.

what you got beef with haruhi for? I really liked that it was fucking unique and there really isn't another like it.

Naruto / bleach / one piece, yea. I agree. Naruto seems to be wrapping up anyway, and bleach isn't worth time time it takes yo watch the first arc. One piece I actually suggest watching from start to finish skipping the fillers, so what if it takes a while. Its not like the other animes are going somewhere.

sgt frog, fuck you I like it and I don't care if I'm alone, 5 stars, 3 thumbs up, 110% awesome.
kyonpalm
Posted: Mar 13 2013, 02:42 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

QUOTE (matter1387 @ 2 hours, 58 minutes ago)
what you got beef with haruhi for? I really liked that it was fucking unique and there really isn't another like it.

He doesn't have a beef with it, he just corrected your spelling. I loved it too, but Endless Eight was insane.

SPOILER
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
Nomake Wan
Posted: Mar 13 2013, 05:45 PM

ShiMACHaze

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 5,394

QUOTE (matter1387 @ 6 hours, 2 minutes ago)
sgt frog, fuck you I like it and I don't care if I'm alone, 5 stars, 3 thumbs up, 110% awesome.

Just a tip: the last line of your post earlier had absolutely nothing to do with Sgt Frog. Re-read your own post if you don't believe me. wink2.gif

Thanks for the assist, kyonpalm.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
theAbsolutelyRedLink
  Posted: Mar 16 2013, 09:38 PM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 38,953

QUOTE (matter1387 @ Mar 13 2013, 03:49 AM)

Wtf do you have a problem with Naruto for?

I don't.
But if someone hated all the Haiyo Miazaki films and everything by Shinichiro Watanabe and loved Naruto, there is something wrong with them.

2 Pages  1 2