Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 6 unique listeners, playing (WMMT3 OST) Feel The Moment

Important Rules
1 2 3 4
Initial D Latest News
  • Initial D Fifth Stage has ended with 14 episodes. [confirmed]
  • A theatrical version of Initial D is confirmed for release in August 2014. [Official Thread]
  • UPDATES : Animax has confirmed that Final Stage will be available on its subscription-based VOD (Video On Demand) service starting May 16th, 2014. It will continue where Fifth Stage left off. Consist of a total of four episodes, Final Stage will be focusing on the long-awaited final 86 vs 86 battle between Takumi and Shinji. [confirmed]
  • UPDATES : Avex has confirmed that the New Initial D The Movie will be a trilogy. First part of the trilogy is called Legend 1 -Awakening- slated for release in theaters on August 23rd, 2014 (Japan Only) [confirmed]

Please Follow These Rules
  • Please use the spoiler tag when posting content not yet covered by anime. Violator will be issued an actual warning.
  • Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
  • Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
  • Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

25 Pages  « 2 3 4 5 6 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 105,455  ·  Replies: 613 
> Initial D anime licensed by Funimation, Funimation to re-dub all stages
ZeetherKID77
Posted: Oct 4 2009, 12:52 PM

Move it, bucko

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 2,311

The question is, do they also have Battle Stage/Battle Stage 2? Because 2 especially has the DC2 race which was a pretty big turning point (and shouldn't have been cut from the anime either)

Also First Stage was the only season that was cel animation, right? I remember reading about the Second Stage ending problem on the TP DVDs and I think the person who pointed it out said it was easy to tell they replaced the scene because of the cel animation for First Stage.
kyonpalm
Posted: Oct 4 2009, 01:20 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

QUOTE (ZeetherKID77 @ 27 minutes, 32 seconds ago)
The question is, do they also have Battle Stage/Battle Stage 2? Because 2 especially has the DC2 race which was a pretty big turning point (and shouldn't have been cut from the anime either)

Also First Stage was the only season that was cel animation, right? I remember reading about the Second Stage ending problem on the TP DVDs and I think the person who pointed it out said it was easy to tell they replaced the scene because of the cel animation for First Stage.

Oh it was VERY obvious, I could tell it was Tokyopop's doing right away. And the worst thing is, they stopped giving the "tricked out"/"classic" video options at the end of First Stage, while that DID put a stop to the horrible 80s effects, it didn't give us the option to watch the unedited end. dry.gif
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
Nomake Wan
Posted: Oct 4 2009, 08:44 PM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

QUOTE (BOZZY @ 9 hours, 3 minutes ago)
Let's hope that is the end of that, okay?

I would like to add though, that Battle Stage came out in 2002...

http://www.datorrents.com/torrent/19655--o...d-battle-stage/

Yeah, it's easy to be confused when the thread creator has little idea what he's ranting about. I wasn't aware that fansub release dates had to coincide with the release date for the original source? rolleyes.gif

Anyway, I'll try to get some screenshots for comparison a little later. I'll use the Tokyopop DVDs for shots from First and Second Stages, and compare them to shots from the R2 DVD of Battle Stage. For giggles, I'll also post shots from the R2 DVDs for 4th Stage, showing the spectacularific letterboxing they decided to do. rolleyes.gif
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
UmmYeahOk
  Posted: Oct 5 2009, 12:05 PM

IDW Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 33,494

QUOTE (BOZZY @ Sep 28 2009, 12:16 PM)
Alright, UmmYeahOk, I would quit it right now... I am sure people realize you are not fond of Tokyopop's work but the way you seem to be insulting a few members, not a good idea around these parts.

I realize that this thread has been derailed a bit... so let's get back on course, alright?

Look, all I did was inform everyone about what FUNimation was doing. How cool it was and so on. Then a few people come along asking what they should do withe their TP copies. Then when I gave them suggestions they all went nuts "TOKYO POP IS SO COOL! Its better then the original japanese, so odds are the redub will be crap too" oh yeah... ...and "5th stage!!! WHEN?!??!?!?!?"

I was very shocked by this as this was the FIRST and ONLY time I have ever heard anything positive about Tokyo Pop... ...EVER. And this is supported by "Oh Ive been a member longer and have created illegal fansubs that several other groups have already done, so my opinion has more strength" How am I suppose to feel?

Besides, its quite obvious that there are way too many immature fanboys on here whove formed a friendship alliance that its not worth fighting. My last topic, I had members suggesting that I be banned because, just like this one, people went nuts thinking the topic was about 5th stage, and then got ticked off when they realized it wasnt. Thats the type of people you have here.

Makes me feel like when I do find out about cast lists, and when there WILL be a stage 5, that I shouldnt even bother coming here.

ANYWAY... Back on topic...

QUOTE (char)

You are all starting to celebrate a bit early, I would suggest that we wait and see what exactly they produce.

1. If I remember correctly Funimation brought us a heavily edited version of Dragonball, then for an encore they released Dragonball Z, which they managed to shorten from the origional 294 Japanese episodes to 276 American episodes.

2. I think that Funimation is aiming to get Initial D onto cartoon network, something which TokyoPop could not do, that is where their money will come from with DVD sales after they have build a big enough demand for the show being the icing on the cake.

3. now there's a few things that they have no control over namely censorship and rating ,for the age group that they are targetting with this.

so don't get too excited as yet and wait for their translation of it. happy.gif

1)They had to, to get it on TV. And since mainstream children liked it that way, they kept it. Plus theyve released unedited versions. And even though DBZ was their greatest hit, still is, they been pleasing traditional anime fans since Fruits Basket. I cant remember where I heard this, but it was supposed to be americanized. Somehow it wasnt, and the success and fandom led FUNi to create unedited english versions of future shows. They are very good about listening to their fans.

2) I am not sure how CN will take it. Theyve been avoiding anime. Its not good for their demographic. Adult Swim may take it, if theyre willing to pay for it, which I doubt it. I would say this anime would do well on Spike, G4, or even Speed Channel.

3) if they air it on CN, they would have to edit out all the smoking (and theres a lot) I would compare this show to One Piece. One Piece is a show which was once dubbed by a company called 4Kids. They butchered the crap out of the show. Mostly because it had to be Y-7. There was a lot of blood and smoking on this show. Fans hates it due to the annoying voice overs, and americanization of names and other things. Pretty much exactly what TP did to ID.

Anyway, just like with ID, FUNi rescued it, redubbed the entire show, realesed everything on DVD (still in progress) and fans were pleased. I have never heard anything negative about what they did to the show other than from purests (who watch everything 100% in japanese original) And of those, they typically were things that couldnt be helped. (blood and cig edits, and the reuse of names due to taking over a 4kids show currently airing on CN) although on DVD, and overseas CNs, they kept everything original, just dubbed it in english

This post has been edited by UmmYeahOk on Oct 5 2009, 12:11 PM
Tessou
Posted: Oct 5 2009, 07:55 PM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Member No.: 12,263

QUOTE (UmmYeahOk @ 7 hours, 50 minutes ago)
Look, all I did was inform everyone about what FUNimation was doing. How cool it was and so on. Then a few people come along asking what they should do withe their TP copies. Then when I gave them suggestions they all went nuts "TOKYO POP IS SO COOL! Its better then the original japanese, so odds are the redub will be crap too" oh yeah... ...and "5th stage!!! WHEN?!??!?!?!?"

Please show me an actual quote of somebody glorifying the Tokyopop DVDs. The only positive comment I saw was N1 saying the Japanese 5.1 transfer was fantastic, and I agree with that.

Prove to me that you actually have some proof here instead of smoke coming out of your ass.
Smikey
Posted: Oct 5 2009, 08:05 PM

dafuq
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MAYOR
Member No.: 14,329

QUOTE (UmmYeahOk @ 7 hours, 59 minutes ago)

Do you even read posts before posting your own dribble?
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
kyonpalm
Posted: Oct 5 2009, 08:10 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

I agree with the last two posts. Why? I have to - they're right. laugh2.gif
kou yuuzhen
Posted: Oct 6 2009, 12:55 AM

Point Guard

Member No.: 33,736

QUOTE (UmmYeahOk @ Yesterday, 12:05 PM)

I was very shocked by this as this was the FIRST and ONLY time I have ever heard anything positive about Tokyo Pop... ...EVER. And this is supported by "Oh Ive been a member longer and have created illegal fansubs that several other groups have already done, so my opinion has more strength" How am I suppose to feel?

Besides, its quite obvious that there are way too many immature fanboys on here whove formed a friendship alliance that its not worth fighting. My last topic, I had members suggesting that I be banned because, just like this one, people went nuts thinking the topic was about 5th stage, and then got ticked off when they realized it wasnt. Thats the type of people you have here.

Makes me feel like when I do find out about cast lists, and when there WILL be a stage 5, that I shouldnt even bother coming here.

if you're going to answer their questions (bout what to do with the TP copies) at all, maybe you should say something nicer than "microwaving and burning" them..... however much you hated TP, i can assure you they're not the worst. try watching the Malaysian dub once; then you'll know what i'm talking about whistling.gif

i can't say much bout this thread that we're discussing here now, since i never got to see the original title you wrote (you told me the title was changed by the mods); but you can't blame people for thinking bout stage 5 when you make threads with titles like "OMG ITS COMING!!!!!!!!!!!" rolleyes.gif

suggesting you be banned? oh come on..... its a common thing in online forums. i've been flamed and warned and almost kicked out of other forums too, because of much more stupid matters than this. if you're rude to other members, this is what you get wink2.gif

TougeEmpress
Posted: Oct 8 2009, 09:50 PM

Shmuck

Group: Members
Member No.: 34,075

Let's stop bashing TP for the awful job they did on ID and let's think about waht Funimation will do. Since the Eurobeat is retained, would discuss who would voice the cast. I think a few of the TP cast suited the characters (Bunta, Ryosuke) but who do you think will make a good cast. I'm not gonna reply because I haven't thought hard enough on this, but I would love to hear your suggestions.
ZeetherKID77
Posted: Oct 9 2009, 06:33 PM

Move it, bucko

I have somewhat of a cast prediction here, but it's only for First Stage:

Takumi Fujiwara - Chris Patton
Bunta Fujiwara - R Bruce Elliot
Itsuki Takeuchi - Chris Cason
Koichirou Iketani - John Bergmeier
Kenji - Kyle Hebert
Keisuke Takahashi - Chris Sabat
Ryosuke Takahashi - Eric Vale
Takeshi Nakazato - Mike McFarland
Shingo Shouji - Micah Solusod
Natsuki Mogi - Laura Bailey
Mako - Cherami Leigh
Sayuki - Luci Christian

Micah was a last minute choice really because they got him for Soul Eater...
kou yuuzhen
Posted: Oct 9 2009, 08:34 PM

Point Guard

who's eric vale? is he as hot as takehito koyasu? tongue.gif
TK's deep sexy voice was perfect for ryosuke
let's see how it will turn up in english dub
BOZZ
Posted: Oct 9 2009, 08:57 PM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Member No.: 1,414

Takehito Koyasu as hot/good looking? Have you seen the guy smile? tongue.gif
kou yuuzhen
Posted: Oct 9 2009, 09:18 PM

Point Guard

QUOTE (BOZZY @ 21 minutes, 4 seconds ago)
Takehito Koyasu as hot/good looking? Have you seen the guy smile? tongue.gif

you mean his teeth is crooked? blink.gif
never mind....... his voice alone makes up for any flaws he may have smile.gif
i'm so TK-addicted
Tessou
Posted: Oct 9 2009, 11:54 PM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Member No.: 12,263

QUOTE (kou yuuzhen @ 3 hours, 20 minutes ago)
who's eric vale? is he as hot as takehito koyasu? tongue.gif

Eric Vale (real name Eric Johnson) is best known as the voice of Future Trunks on DBZ. Other major character voice credits include:

- Ryuusuke in BECK
- Zolf "Crimson Alchemist" Kimblee in Fullmetal Alchemist
- Karasuma in School Rumble
- Sanji in One Piece (the redub, not that 4kids shit)

user posted image

I personally don't think he would fit the role very well. Ryosuke's voice is quite deep, and isn't gravelly as Eric's is in all of his roles.
BOZZ
Posted: Oct 12 2009, 10:16 AM

So no new news on the Funimation version yet, eh?
kyonpalm
Posted: Oct 12 2009, 10:18 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

QUOTE (BOZZY @ 2 minutes, 54 seconds ago)
So no new news on the Funimation version yet, eh?

I doubt there will be. To be honest, I don't expect this to be anything more than straight to DVD releases.
I don't think we'll see anything else until the first DVD hits the store shelves. sad.gif
We can be hopeful for it though...
BOZZ
Posted: Oct 12 2009, 03:12 PM

I would think they would at least, you know, announce publicly who is going to be voice acting and how it is going to be released.
kyonpalm
Posted: Oct 12 2009, 03:25 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

QUOTE (BOZZY @ 12 minutes, 6 seconds ago)
I would think they would at least, you know, announce publicly who is going to be voice acting and how it is going to be released.

Oh stuff like that. Yeah, I'd expect something on the blog at least.
ZeetherKID77
Posted: Oct 12 2009, 03:56 PM

Move it, bucko

They always announce the cast before. Usually they also upload subtitled episodes on their video player, but the player is region locked and some people from the UK have complained about that.

BOZZ
Posted: Oct 12 2009, 04:11 PM

QUOTE (ZeetherKID77 @ 14 minutes, 47 seconds ago)
They always announce the cast before. Usually they also upload subtitled episodes on their video player, but the player is region locked and some people from the UK have complained about that.

Ah, I wonder if it's region locked to the US like other websites I have seen...
kyonpalm
Posted: Oct 12 2009, 04:37 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

I don't follow the schedules, but when would you say the first ep will get done?
ZeetherKID77
Posted: Oct 13 2009, 07:54 AM

Move it, bucko

I don't really know. Usually a couple of months or so after they announce something they put up subtitled episodes on the video portal, I remember a few months after they had licensed Strike Witches they put up episodes.

Also, FUNi confirmed recently on a video panel they did that it was all from scratch, which means none of the video issues, and it was going to be a complete recast. And their events coordinator likes Initial D too. wink2.gif

This post has been edited by ZeetherKID77 on Oct 15 2009, 01:45 PM
BOZZ
Posted: Oct 25 2009, 01:34 AM

Although not related directly to Initial D, it seems Funimation is releasing some of their shows on the PlayStation Network and X-Box Live (at least in the US). It makes me wonder if they'd consider selling Initial D Fourth Stage (and others) on them as well.
ZeetherKID77
Posted: Oct 25 2009, 04:19 PM

Move it, bucko

I think they will. There are quite a few of FUNi's shows on DTO (Download to Own) on PSN and XBL so Initial D should make it on there.

God I can't wait for when it comes out. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by ZeetherKID77 on Oct 25 2009, 04:19 PM
BOZZ
Posted: Nov 24 2009, 09:57 PM

So is there still no new announcements from Funi about Initial D?

25 Pages  « 2 3 4 5 6 »