Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 10 unique listeners, playing m.o.v.e - Outsoar The Rainbow

7 Pages  « 4 5 6 7  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 98,839  ·  Replies: 156 
> [FANFIC] Hero of Midnight, a fanfic by me, chapter 17 is up! [04.08.-08]
FinToy-83
  Posted: Dec 8 2007, 05:02 PM

IDW Banned Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 14,568

Chapter 14: Friend, foe and friendly foe.

Daichi's R32 V-Spec II “Nür” was ticking quietly as it's engine and brakes were cooling down after harsh practice session. Daichi was looking at the laptop, reading the data that the ECU had saved for analyzing and possible adjustments. Daichi blinked, brushing off some sweat from his brow. He had been driving and adjusting the cars engine management during the few last nights, preparing for his battle against Project D's double aces.
He was finally getting the car to perform as he wanted. He had even adjusted the ATTESA-ETS Pro's programming slightly, matching it to his preferred driving style. Even Super HiCas 4ws-system was reconfigured to deliver sharper turn-in. He wasn't worried of the hachiroku, but the FD. He had heard that the driver had matched and surpassed Hoshino “God Foot” Kouzou's R34 VS-II Nür's performance almost completely.

He finally put the laptop on the floor of the passenger side. He had done everything possible to hone this cars performance to it's sharpest peak. He was ready to face the famous Project D whenever they would be ready. He smiled slightly as he started the RB26DETT, letting it rumble softly for a while before driving off.

~Following morning~

Katashi poured some coffee on his mug, stirring it slowly. He had returned to home for the weekend because the car was out of commission until the new, non-integrated turbochargers and manifolds would be fitted. He sighed as he looked the devastation in the kitchen: Half-empty plates and glasses, food and spices all over the place, not to mention trash and car magazines.

“Certain someone's going to get some ass-kicking for this mess..” He grumbled as he made his way to the garage. At there, a peaceful sight greeted him.
Both Ryuu and Akira had fallen asleep on their work. Akira was snoring slightly while hanging halfway in the engine bay, his head resting uncomfortably on top of the 1300bhp twin turbocharged rotary engine of the devilish looking Wangan-weapon, where as Ryuu had fallen asleep somewhere between the pedals and bucket seat.
Katashi couldn't do anything else but smile a bit, before devilish idea came ho his mind, and without hesitation, he did it.
In closed space like the garage, the blast from the horn was enough to startle even people who were awake. For the victims of this prank, it was deafening sound of doomsday, which caused them both flinch violently.
Ryuu's forehead made close contact with the stripped steering column, making him see plenty of stars for a while while he desperately tried to scramble on his feet. Akira slammed his head first to the turbocharger, then to the side of the engine bay and finally to the edge of the carbonfiber hood, making very painful sounding thumps that were closely followed by groans of pain.

Katashi doubled over, holding himself as he laughed, almost spilling his coffee as he watched the startled, blurry eyed and bruised youngsters slowly made their way up on their feet. Katashi finally managed to control himself and smirked. “Good morning, Rosebuds.. I suggest that you two drop the work for a while, get washed and then have some breakfast, and then clean up the mess in the kitchen ASAP. Time limit is 30 minutes.”
Both boys shot nasty glares at him, but followed his 'suggestion' without a fight.

After about 20 minutes of intense scrubbing and cleaning, the kitchen was inspected and approved. Katashi returned to the garage, looking at the Ifrit, as the red/black carbonfiber monster was called. He looked into the engine bay, spotting few new items here and there. He frowned slightly as he saw certain parts that should had been beyond even Ryuu's budget. He went to the cabin, sitting on the bucket seat and turned the laptop on, flipping through the data. As he had expected, the performance had increased drastically, even though they hadn't optimized the settings yet.

He picked up a notebook, glancing at the few last pages. “Still having issues with the lifting nose at high speeds, huh?” He muttered. He had seen few sketches of new front bumper in the kitchen. It had looked promising. Ryuu had one advantage to professional racers: he could develop his car continuously, and since he had built it himself, he knew it from the rims to the boot spoiler.
He got out of the car just when Ryuu and Akira returned. Boys looked at him suspiciously, knowing that he had been alone in the garage without anyone keeping eye on him. Boys knew that Katashi was doing something secret somewhere nearby, and knowing him, it was most likely a very fast car.
“You didn't touch anything, did you?” Ryuu asked, looking around. Katashi had enough nerve to look slightly insulted. “As if I'd start messing around with someone else's projects. You should know better than that.” Ryuu raised an eyebrow at that remark before returning to the footwell of his car. They had a lot to do, and they needed to get the Midnight Dragon into proper tune before the race against the Gremlin.

~Meanwhile, in the mountains..~

White, race-spec NSX roared, devouring straights and corners at constant pace. Complete JGTC replica didn't lean in the corners or under braking at all. Even the handling and grip was on par with the genuine race car. Akane blipped the throttle, selecting smaller gears as she heel-toed her Touge monster like professionals of old times, when sequential gearboxes were just a dream. Suddenly she noticed that unfamiliar looking blue car was gaining her at high speed. She could hear the whine that she recognized as a supercharger. She increased her speed multiple notches, but the strange, sleek coupe easily kept up with her.
“What on earth are you driving..?” She wondered. The car was blue, and it looked at least few decades old. And yet it was keeping up with her. She gripped every corner, relying on the traction of her wide semi-slick tires. In a tight yet widening hairpin, she slammed on the brakes, preparing to cut the apex. Blue, sleek coupe kept going on, passing her without hesitation. She watched as the car as it passed her, her eyes widening as she read the chromed text in the rear of the car, where the engine was, just like in certain German sports car.
“AlpineV6?!” She yelped as the rear-engined coupe did a Scandinavian flick, lining it's nose with the exit of the corner and accelerated out of her sight, leaving her wonder if she had seen a ghost of an old racer, who had died on this pass years ago. She slowed down, sighing and calming down as she continued her trip to Hideaki's residence, where she most likely would find the boy who had conquered her heart without too much struggle.

She was bit anxious about tonight's race against the first member of triumvirate, fat shorty called Ken, who was using an American hot hatch from 70's. She had also heard that it had a Toyota V8, coupled together with an automatic gearbox. Somehow, this irrational combination had helped Ken to climb into top 3 of this mountain pass with his friends who drove equally odd machinery. And now this odd, old French coupe had passed her 500bhp NSX with ease. Her heart was still pounding a bit, as she recalled more details of that short and humiliating pass.
The car had accelerated with ease, and the soundtrack was pointing towards 6-cylinder engine, most likely more compact V6 configuration, and superchargers audible whine referred to noticeably grown power reserves. She shook her head as she picked up her speed again. Ryuu needed to know about this mysterious challenger. First Project D had arrived, and now some individual racers too? She giggled softly. Next few months would be interesting for the brave heroes of mountain passes.

~Hideaki's residence~

Ryuu never saw it coming. Suddenly something sharp poked his sides, making him yelp and straighten up, hitting his head into the hood of the Midnight Dragon with loud, solid thump. “YOWW!” he exclaimed, turning around and frowning as he rubbed his head. Akane giggled mischievously as she dodged the poorly aimed oily rug flying at her direction.
“Good morning to you too.” Akane said, showing her tongue at him. Ryuu sighed and smiled a bit, stretching. He was still feeling stiff after sleeping most of the night wedged between seat and pedals.
“What brings you here? I thought that you had a part-time job or something similar.” Ryuu asked, yawning slightly. He could tell that Akane had something to tell him. Akane sighed, rolling her eyes. “You're as dull as ever, never a romantic hug or kiss or cuddles.” Ryuu laughed. “Well, I'm all oily and stuff, but I guess I could smear your clothes just to see you taking them off.” Akane blushed, and Akira did his best to ignore the poorly hidden messages in that sentence. Akane gathered her calmness once more and began to describe what had happened few moments earlier.
Akira listened too, frowning a bit. After purchasing his Levin, he had done some research on other sportscars of that era.
“Alpine? And from the description I'd say it was modified A110.. It's light and well-balanced despite of being rear-engined like Porsche. It was very competitive car in it's era, and it still is widely used in historic rally events in Europe.”
Akane nodded. “ It was really pretty car, and I couldn't match it with my NSX. It could brake so much later, and it's cornering speeds were just ridiculous.” Ryuu and Akira looked at each other bit worriedly. If Akane's 500bhp NSX was beaten both on straights and corners, this car could provide a tight opponent in future.
“Anyways, I came to see if you guys would like to have a meal with me in some restaurant. Of course not before you have finished up with your little baby here.” Racing oriented girl giggled a bit and petted the fender of the original Touge beast.
Boys had nothing against it, especially if Akane would be paying for the meal.

~Bit later~

Soon these three racers were sitting in a family restaurant, munching their meals. They were talking of the dual race of tonight. First one would be between Ken and Ryuu, and second one would be Project D's introduction match against Daichi's reborn Godzilla.
“It'll be interesting to see what kind of strategies that fatty has on his sleeves. Seriously, I can't believe that he has made his way to top three of local teams with that weird car.” Ryuu muttered, playing with his ramen. Akira was eating his portion with a healthy appetite, whereas Akane was sipping her coffee, taking a bite of delicious little doughnut.
“Indeed..” She said, taking another sip before continuing. “It seems that individual racers are starting to make expeditions here, attracted by Project D and you. And then there is that mysterious prototype of R35 GT-R obliterating everything on the Wangan. I heard that even a 1500bhp M-B 600CL had to give up the chase at 250mph. That guy said that the GT-R vanished to horizon faster than a Veyron ever could.”
Akira and Ryuu listened carefully, frowning. “ I think I saw it once. It had pulled over, and most of it was covered in thick smoke, so I couldn't be sure.” Ryuu said, biting his lip. “If it's as fast as you tell, Mr. Katashi has his fingers all over it. Only he could be building a monster like that.” Akira nodded, agreeing with Ryuu's conclusion. “Indeed it sounds like something he'd do. Knowing my dad, he'll be guiding them with the engine and suspension, not to mention drivetrain.” Ryuu finished off his Ramen, then glanced the clock. “I guess we should return to our preparations. Time is running short and we have plenty to do. I know that Daichi has been spending this week out, tuning his Godzilla to match the FD. Though, he shouldn't ignore the Trueno.. That car is scary, despite being mere normally aspirated.” Both of his companions nodded and finished their snacks, before getting up and heading back to Hideaki's residence.

Later in the evening, Midnight Dragon was ready for the event. Katashi had been looking from further away, how his son and Ryuu had been working efficiently on the car, inspecting everything. They made some final adjustments before starting off and heading to the pylon, that could be seen as a silhouette on top of the mountain. Akira and Kohaku had gone there earlier, making sure that Kohaku would get good spots for himself and other reporters of WTCR-magazine. Ryuu could see the glowing serpent of headlights squirming upwards in the distance, and he knew that the amount of spectators would be massive. He sighed and started up his car, letting the engine warm up. Twincharged, twenty valve 4A-GE was idling somewhat roughly before settling down on soft, potent purr. After the engine had warmed up properly, Ryuu slipped the shifter on the first gear and lifted the clutch. “Gremlin.. You're about to meet a Dragon. Prepare yourself!” Ryuu grinned and floored the throttle, leaving two black trails on the road as Midnight Dragon charged towards new challenge.
Meteor
Posted: Dec 8 2007, 05:34 PM

Were you expecting something else?

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 20,929

AN UPDATE w00t2.gif

Time to see Ryuu beat that fatty in the Gremlin.
FinToy-83
  Posted: Dec 9 2007, 06:44 AM

IDW Banned Member

Exactly. Project D will also get some action. Also, there will possibly be new challengers coming in, like that guy in the Alpine..
Meteor
Posted: Dec 25 2007, 10:39 AM

I hope that writer's block of yours goes away soon.
FinToy-83
  Posted: Dec 25 2007, 02:12 PM

IDW Banned Member

I bet you do. wink2.gif I'll do my best.
Force Fed Mopar
Posted: Jan 16 2008, 04:31 PM

IDW God Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,033

Good reading. New chapter soon?
jpn6438
Posted: Feb 4 2008, 09:47 AM

IDW Jr. Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,264

Not to rush or anything. Will update be coming soon?
FinToy-83
  Posted: Feb 5 2008, 09:51 PM

IDW Banned Member

As soon as my school gives me some time to write more of it. I've been planning a large changes in the plot. shifty2.gif wait, a plot? what plot? blink.gif unsure.gif

just kidding. rolleyes.gif
FinToy-83
  Posted: Feb 23 2008, 11:47 AM

IDW Banned Member

Chapter 15: It's not the speed that kills, but the sudden stop from the speed..

Ryuu wasn't quite sure where he was. He looked around and noted that the area looked like Mediterranean road, like the ones in the old Group B rally videos from Monte Carlo and such. Ryuu was puzzled. He remembered that he had left his home, and headed to the mountain to race against that V8-powered Gremlin.. But what had happened then? He couldn't remember.
He began to walk down the road. There had to be a hotel or something nearby, where he could find out where he was and what had happened.
He kept walking for a while. It was very silent, and the air was still. Ryuu thought that there should at least be some seagulls or something. As he kept walking, he tried to remember what had happened to him. He was so deep in thought that he almost walked past of small rest area, that had an inn and a service station for travellers.

“Posición pasada del poste..” Ryuu read the painted sign above the door. He stepped in, and looked around. It was all quiet. The walls were full of racing themed photographs, old and new. He looked at them closely, and most of them seemed to be featuring tragic accidents. He recognized few of them. “They're all great drivers who lost their lives doing what they loved and lived for.”
Ryuu spun around. He could had sworn that he had been alone! And still, here was this.. Brazilian guy talking to him. “You're Brazilian.. Do I know you..?” The man chuckled, walking over to him and glanced at the wall. “I was famous before you were even born. You've raced against a car I designed, Boy.. and just like you, I took risks and chased my dreams at full throttle, caring little about life or my own safety. And so, I had to pay highest price, even though one man had already lost his life on the very same track earlier. I had his country's flag in my car, I would had pulled it out at the goal to honor his memory, but that wasn't meant to happen. I went to a corner flat out, as usual. My suspension bottomed out and the car pounced up slightly, enough to prevent me from doing anything.” Man swallowed and pointed out picture that was taken 1994. A dust cloud outside wide corner, and pieces of a formula 1 car that had been blasting through that wide sweeper were flying around. “That was last thing I remember.”

Ryuu was pale and sweating. This man.. was a ghost? Dead man was speaking to him, and not just any dead man, but one of the greatest F1-champions ever. Man walked onwards, then pointed out a picture. “Come here, Ryuu Masaru. Does this look familiar to you?” Ryuu walked to the picture and looked at it. In the picture, his black and blue KP60 Starlet, Midnight Dragon, was crumpled nearly beyond recognition. Judging from the picture it had gone through guardrail and rolled down the hill, until hitting a tree, stopping there.
Ryuu's knees went weak, and he sat down. “Am.. Am I like you.. dead..?” Old champion smiled to him. “Not yet.. You haven't completed your ultimate goals yet. At the moment, you're being taken into a hospital, in critical condition. You were lucky, and your car was strong.. You got another chance, so.. listen what I have to say, kid.”
Old champion grouched in front of him, and spoke softly. “Su tiempo no ha llegado todavía, muchacho. Usted tiene muchos de cosas de hacer antes de que usted pueda ensamblar el desfile de los campeones. “ After saying that, he poked Ryuu into chest, and he felt like falling a long, long distance..

Just to wake up into tremendous amount of pain and dizzyness. There was hospitals staff running around him, and he tried to ask what had happened. “Don't try to talk, you have broken ribs and possibly punctured lung, among other things. You're in good hands now, kid.” He felt a small sting on his arm, and despite the pain, he fell asleep.
Next morning he waked up. He looked around carefully, wincing. He felt like his body would consist of one huge bruise. He had bandages all over himself. He noticed Akane who had obviously cried herself to sleep on her chair, as well as few others of his friends.

“His tire blew up and his car spun. The rear end of his car slammed to your front end and you had no chance to do anything. You were still doing way over 100 when you went through that guardrail..” Chiyoko said. Ryuu nodded. “I know.. someone showed me a picture from the crash site.. in a place called Last pole position.” Chioyoko looked surprised. “That's funny. He usually doesn't talk to those who aren't ready to join The Parade of The Champions. He must know something about your future..” Ryuu was bit shocked that Chiyoko knew what he was talking about. “Who was he anyway? Some former Brazilian F1-driver, but I just couldn't recall his name, he even showed the picture. He also said that I had raced against a car he had designed.. wait..” Ryuu closed his eyes, recalling few pieces of discussion with Akira. “Honda NSX.. and he helped Honda to design it.. He was.. Ayrton Senna, I think..?”

Chiyoko nodded. “It indeed was Ayrton Senna whom you met there. But you need to keep this to yourself.” Ryuu nodded, noticing that his friends were stirring. “You'd better go, Chiyoko. I'll see if I can get Akira started on salvaging whatever can be salvaged from the wreck. I have no intention to let this hold me back, not after what he said to me there.” Chiyoko smiled and vanished into thin air, just when Ryuu got his lap full of overjoyed friends.

Authors notes: Sorry that this is bit short, but I did my best. it's bit shocking too, mostly because I felt that the story was getting quite flat. I'll try to pick up the pace again.

This post has been edited by FinToy-83 on Feb 23 2008, 11:57 AM
Meteor
Posted: Feb 24 2008, 01:39 AM

Yeah. This is quite a twist.

One moment, the Midnight Dragon goes to seek new challenges. The next, we see Ryuu walking on some Mediterranean road, before finding out he's in the hospital.

Quite a twist indeed.

Do I even need to say that I'm looking forward to the next chapter?
FinToy-83
  Posted: Feb 24 2008, 04:13 AM

IDW Banned Member

of course not. happy.gif I will do my best to come up with entertaining next chapter.
FinToy-83
  Posted: Jun 30 2008, 06:35 PM

IDW Banned Member

Yes, it's an update! The return of our beloved spartan mom helped me over the writers block and i finished the chapter in no time! Enjoy! happy.gif

Chapter 16: Dragon reborn

Nearly a month had passed since the crash. Ryuu had been released from the hospital, and now he was continuously pestering Akira about the progress of rebuilding his car. Both Akira and his father were very secretive about it, which in turn made Ryuu very impatient. He wanted to get back on the road, and at his current state he couldn't drive the more powerful Wangan-spec monster which practically left him stranded.

“Oh come on, Akira.. Spill it out! What have you two been doing to my car?” Ryuu pleaded for thousandth time. Akira laughed and shook his head. “Nothing special.. We're just improving it slightly with few new innovations we've laid our hands on, making it a bit lighter and improve the weight distribution etc.” Akira said, making his friend groan.
“Can't you be bit more specific? I need to get behind the wheel soon and start practicing so I can wipe that fatty off the road and go for the Capucchino or X90 or whatever that thing is..!” Akira laughed. “My oh my. You'll get your precious car back by the time you've healed completely. And that's my fathers final decision on this matter, so all you can do is wait.”
Ryuu grunted and ran his hand through his messy hair. “I've heard the rumors about you two testing the car during the nights. Everyone says that the car is faster than it was before, more agile while having more grip. I've even seen few amateur videos about it, and it even sounds different from what it used to sound like.”

Akira just shrugged. “My dad's driving usually makes any car look faster than what it is. You know that very well.” Ryuu rolled his eyes. He knew that far too well, that if the legendary Surgeon was behind the wheel, even a Subaru Vivio RA would be competitive against finest Touge-machinery. Ryuu gave up, realizing that he wouldn't achieve anything by lingering there and disturbing the hard-working pair and asked Akira to give him a ride to home.

The following morning was the last one without a car. Ryuu waked up early, barely able to eat anything due his anxiousness. He did his best to wait until 10, before darting out of his apartment, whistling happily. He took a bus to the mall near Hideaki's residence, and walked from there, still whistling tv-theme he had heard during his recovery. Mr. Hideyaki was outside, obviously waiting for him.

“Took your sweet time, didn't you kid...? I thought you'd be here by dawn.” Ryuu grinned sheepishly, since he had indeed intended to leave around 6 in the morning. “Okay, let's go in, Ryuu. A lot had been done to your car, and some of the work is pretty hard to spot for untrained eye. You practically have a completely new car.” Ryuu just looked at the former pro-rally driver before walking inside after him. They went to Akira's room, which was pretty much a mess of blueprints, spec sheets and different electronic devices, which were more or less scavenged for parts.

“Ah, here comes the hero. Ready to renew the friendship with the beast?” Ryuu lifted his brow at Akira, who just grinned like mad scientist before flipping the lights off, starting the powerpoint slideshow. Ryuu was astonished. Katashi hadn't been joking when he said that he had a new car. “We had to get a new chassis since the old one was beyond repair. See here.. and here.. chassis beams are torn and so badly mangled that there was no way to force them back to shape. Luckily, the engine remained somewhat intact.” Katashi said, pointing out the damage from the pictures. The supercharger that had been powered by the electric engine had taken a direct hit as the car had been rolling down.

“The cylinder head had cracked, thus we decide to go exotic and ditched the old 20-valve GE-head and ordered a custom head from US. Remember that article about rotating valvetrain developed by a company in the US..? Well, we contacted them and asked them to build one for your car. Lets just say that now it really likes to rev.” Ryuu nodded as the show went on. Katashi and Akira explained everything as accurately as possible. New car was lighter, stronger and faster despite lower performance figures. The car had no longer forced induction of any kind. The paint theme of the old car had been replicated, as well as the bodywork and wheels. Ryuu had bit his lip for last few moments, before finally interrupting the dynamic duo's lecture.

“So, the car has less power, less weight yet it's faster than the old one? Rriight.. What if I'd be the judge of that? It is MY car, after all.. It might have been under your tender, loving care for a month, but now it's time for me to get in touch with it.” Father and son watched each other for a moment before bursting into helpless laughter, waving him out of the room. Katashi managed to tell Ryuu that the keys were in the car. Ryuu vanished from the room, leaving Akira and Katashi recover from the laughter.
In the garage, Ryuu squirmed into the snugly fitting bucket seat, strapping himself on to it tightly. For a moment he just stared the electronic gauge cluster in front of him. As soon as he turned the ignition on, he recognized it as Honda S2000:s gauge cluster. He smirked slightly. “I guess it's just reasonable.. it's easier for them to reprogram the ECU and this display than try and find regular tachometer for a car that revs this high..” He turned the key bit more, and after almost non-existant whine of starter engine, the powerplant awakened with sharp, eager bark. Ryuu selected the first gear, applying a bit of throttle before lifting the relatively light feeling clutch pedal. The car shuddered slightly before rolling out from the garage. Ryuu had no trouble to decide where to drive, and soon the easily recognizable nose of the KP60 pointed at the mountains.

Ryuu drove in rather conservative manner, feeling out the cars characteristics as he approached the mountains. He floored the throttle in different gears, braked hard, jerked the car from side to side. “Less power, yet acceleration feels better and engine responds quicker. Turn in has improved too..” He murmured, frowning slightly as he gradually increased the attack speed to corners. “Front end has definitely more grip. Rear suspension feels bit softer, allowing full power exits from corners at early stage.. yet.. “ He jerked the steering wheel, kicking the clutch and tiny hatch settled into effortless power slide. “.. it is willing to break traction if desired.”

Little hatch zoomed towards the next set of corners. He still shifted as he had used to with the old twincharged engine, that had the redline at 8000 RPMs. Ryuu stared the digital tachometer, wondering if it had been calibrated right. Then it struck him. Katashi had said that the car was more willing to rev high than before. “it must be a high revving engine, since that's how naturally aspirated engines make their power! Just like Project D's 86!” Ryuu shouted, smashing his foot down, pinning the throttle pedal against the firewall. Little hatch leaper forward, winding up the revs to 8000RPMs and way over it, engine singing like lost soul. Shift light winked at him at 12000, just when he reached the entrance of corner. Ryuu grinned from ear to ear as he realized what those two had done to the car.

“It's a rally car setup..” He murmured as his mind combined the different aspects of the car. Soft yet grippy setup, tighter final gear ratio, yet same top speed as before despite of improved acceleration and weaker engine specifications. The car was literally devouring the corners, no matter how he entered them. He had to slow down soon as his ribs began to remind him that technically speaking he was still recovering from a serious injury. Grunting he turned the car around, heading back to the town. He didn't notice the little blue coupe that had stealthily followed him even during his all out run.

The driver of the blue coupe lit a cigarette, doing his best to even out his breathing. “Merde! I don't know what you have done to that car, Ryuu Masaru, but it definitely is a worthy opponent to my lovely little French. We will meet soon after you've finished with the top three.” Mysterious driver pulled few last puffs from the cigarette, before tossing it to the ground and smashing it under his heel. He knew that this young boy had a race against the famous Project D as well. He shook his head. “At this rate, I have to call and arrange a race, otherwise I'll have to wait until I'm senile..” the man sat in his car, starting up the sharply barking six-cylinder engine. After the engine had warmed up to operating temperature, heavily modified Alpine roared down the road, declaring a challenge to anyone who felt like challenging The Blue Knight, multiple winner of legendary historic rallies in Europe.
Meteor
Posted: Jun 30 2008, 07:23 PM

HELL YEAH! biggrin.gif

Nice to see that you've finally conquered the writer's block. Good chapter too. I'll be looking forward to whatever's next.
FinToy-83
  Posted: Jul 1 2008, 09:25 AM

IDW Banned Member

keep them reviews rolling. feedback is appreciated as usual.
Sanae
Posted: Jul 1 2008, 01:26 PM

IDW Okamisan

Member No.: 19,388

Well, not that I did much but I'm glad you're writing again. And excellent chappy as usual! You didn't upload this in ff.net, did you?
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
FinToy-83
  Posted: Jul 1 2008, 01:47 PM

IDW Banned Member

well ,the last few chapters I uploaded there got so little attention that I sort of got discouraged with that place. besides, the uploading system requires a bit of juggling with the chapters as you well know, and my poor brain got frustrated with it.. pinch2.gif
Sanae
Posted: Jul 1 2008, 01:59 PM

IDW Okamisan

Yeah well, let's not forget about when their email alert system stops working for a while and then, all of a sudden, you get like fifteen emails from them at the same time...not nice...but hey, I'm glad they have the chapter system, can you imagine if I tried to post every single one of DoA's chapters here? pinch2.gif

At any rate, I'm glad you're writing again and, if we don't see each other in AIM or MSN, there's always the old, trusty PM messaging.
FinToy-83
  Posted: Jul 22 2008, 10:26 AM

IDW Banned Member

Yup, it's TEASER TIME! w00t2.gif

“Aniki..? Aniki, are you awake? I said you should get some rest.” Ryousuke sighed, nodding with a small smile. He might as well give up for now. “That applies to you too, Keisuke. “ Younger Takahashi nodded and returned to his car, as Ryousuke retreated into the backseat of the van. Neither of them saw or heard as blue European classic passed the resting area, heading to the downhill. Keisuke stirred a bit as the coupe suddenly leaped forwards, accompanied with muscular sound of  V6, disappearing into the night.

shifty2.gif
Sanae
Posted: Jul 22 2008, 10:45 AM

IDW Okamisan

And then someone has the guts to call ME evil.... mad.gif
Meteor
Posted: Jul 22 2008, 06:26 PM

Would anyone happen to know a good exorcist? I can feel immense levels of evil in this thread. tongue.gif

Well, a teaser's better than nothing anyway.
FinToy-83
  Posted: Aug 4 2008, 07:14 AM

IDW Banned Member

Okay Sanae, put that spatula away.. ermm2.gif fear2.gif

IT'S READY! w00t2.gif

Chapter 17: Back to the warpath

For third night in row, Project D's twin aces were working their way up and down the narrow, serpent-like road that was better know as “Dragons Lair” among local racers. Slowly but certainly they were learning and memorizing this treacherous roads tricks. Ryousuke was pouring the data from the runs into his computer, but even his more analytical method was rather inefficient in the case of this road.
Keisuke was napping in his car after completing his runs. His widebody RX-7 was cooling down slowly after giving all it had in the last run. This uphill was too slow for his car, and as the result of lacking the necessary airflow, the cooling was an issue. It could had been solved with couple of electric fans, but Ryousuke hadn't thought that they would be necessary. So, he had to drive as fast as he could while taking the risk of destroying his engine. This troubled Keisuke a lot, and he couldn't rest. He sighed, giving up and got out of his car, walking to the van, where his brother was staring at the screen of his faithful laptop with a deep frown.

“This is impossible..” Ryousuke grunted, closing his eyed and rubbed his temples. He could feel that a headache was forming at an alarming rate. “He has smaller car. He has lighter car. He also has better power to weight ratio and better braking ability due lighter weight, not to mention better acceleration..” Keisuke shook his head. He had never seen his brother so frustrated. “Not to mention that he knows this track like Fujiwara knows Akina. He'll probably pull off stunts that can't be formulated in a simulation.” Ryousuke nodded, agreeing with first point but hesitating a bit on the second one. He glanced at his FC that was parked nearby. Maybe that could be the answer..? No, probably not. He could come up with formula, but on situation like this, instinctive driving from both Fujiwara and Keisuke would probably bring out more reliable results. They had kept an eye on Masaru as he had done his runs. Even though Ryuu was still suffering from partially healed ribs, his driving had impressed both Ryousuke and Keisuke. Takumi had also followed intently, almost as if he could see the lines that were carved on the road by the tiny hatchback.
“Aniki..? Aniki, are you awake? I said you should get some rest.” Ryousuke sighed, nodding with a small smile. He might as well give up for now. “That applies to you too, Keisuke. “ Younger Takahashi nodded and returned to his car, as Ryousuke retreated into the van. Neither of them saw or heard as blue European classic passed the resting area, heading to the downhill. Keisuke stirred a bit as the coupe suddenly leaped forwards, accompanied with muscular sound of V6, disappearing into the night.

The thing that waked Ryuu up wasn't unpleasant. It was soft.. gentle.. and even seductive. He sniffed the air again, opening his eyes and smiled. Coffee, toast, bacon and eggs were slowly but certainly gaining his attention, and he couldn't resist for long. When he got to the kitchen, he saw that Akane had left a note that explained where she had gone. Ryuu began to eat the breakfast, reading the newspaper. He was finishing off the eggs and bacon when phone rang. It was Kohaku.

“Good morning, Ryuu-san! Sorry to call you at this time, but I have some info that you might find interesting. You remember that blue Alpine that has been lurking around here recently?well, it has been spotted in a front of one small hotel quite regularly. It's right in front of that fast food restaurant where you usually go with Akane.” Ryuu almost choked on his toast, coughing. Kohaku laughed at the other end of the line. “Anyway, I have some photos of the guy. I also paid some attention to his car. It's far more potent opponent than you originally thought. Why don't you come over and check them out?”

Ryuu pondered a moment. “I think I'll do better than that. I'll go see him myself. I have a feeling that he's waiting for something, and that always means trouble. Remember Pink? We haven't seen him ever since he crashed last time. I have the feeling that this might have something to do with his threats.” Kohaku sighed. He had wanted to take some photos of the reborn Dragon. “Very well. Let me know how it went. Oh yeah, I was planning to buy a car, care to give me advice later?” Ryuu laughed. “Sure thing, kid.” After that he hung up the phone, finished his breakfast and dressed up in a hurry, before rushing out of his apartment. Soon, familiar Starlet was on the road, followed by the cheers of the neighborhood kids.

~Up in the mountains~

Familiar howl of highly tuned NA V6 echoed from the walls. Occasional screech from the tires and brakes warned possible wildlife that the car was traveling at high speeds. One rabbit didn't care, but as soon as the white monster charged around the bend, it darted over the road and into the undergrowth. The car didn't even slow down before next corner. Akane whipped her JGTC NSX replica around the bend in a tidy powerslide. As soon as the road straightened, she floored the go-pedal and revs shot past 6000 RPMs, triggering the clever V-Tec system, changing the timing of the valves and increasing the power of the engine beyond 500bhp. She shifted up at 9000, matching the revs. She was in good mood, diving down the pass like she had done for few years now. Wider track, combined with sticky tires, highly modified suspension, aerodynamic parts and light weight made this powerful monster a formidable opponent both in Touge and Wangan. She preferred Touge more, since it was more about the skill of driver than power of the car. She noticed a car ahead, and pondered for a moment whether she should slow down or just blow past the slowpoke. She approached the other car quickly. She frowned. It was black, TRD-kitted SW20, with big exhausts and GT-style wing. “It can't be him.. he wrecked it..”

Other car suddenly awakened, and thunderous roar that erupted from the exhaust after big backfire was definitely not from 3S-GTE. Akane paled. She knew that car. It was Pink's V8-powered MR2, and it was gathering speed quickly. Akane's chin lifted. “You want to play? Fine by me.. You tried to wreck darling's car, and now you'll pay for it!” She floored th pedal again, and feral shriek of the V6 answered to the challenge of the guttural roaring of the V8 as the midship monsters charged down, throwing away any consern about possible oncoming traffic. “Pink, you're MINE!”

Pink grinned. He knew that car that was gaining his MR2, since he had seen it often parked near that pesky hatchback that had humiliated him every time. “Well well.. little birdie wants to play after all? Come and get me, b*tch!” He accelerated, tires chirping and slipping under the sudden flood of power. He quickly calculated that their cars were somewhat equal in terms of power and weight. But Akane had more money in her car than Pink, and Pink didn't know this road too well. She was locals, and probably knew the roar a lot better. Pink cursed and whipped his car into fast slide through long sweeper, followed closely by Akane's NSX. “You're not going to beat me! I'm different now!”
Akane snarled, her hands squeezing the wheel as she glued her car behind Pink's black monster. She noticed already that Pink had learned how to drive in the mountains. “Crap.. he's faster now..” girl muttered, knowing that she would need to end this quickly. She could still see openings and errors in Pinks lines, and small grin formed on her lips. “Hah.. He hasn't conquered the real terror of mountains yet. And that's all I'll need in the next right hander!” She used her horn and flashed the lights, luring her formidable opponent into classic trap. She yelled triumphantly as the SW20 darted forwards. “He fell for it, BAKA!” She accelerated, not letting Pink get too far ahead.
“Why you..! I'll show you how fast I really am!” Pink raged in the MR2, flooring the throttle, pulling out every single drop of power that the 4-liter V8 could muster. Akane's NSX was still right on his bumper, horn blaring and lights blinking. “Stop f**king around with me, b*tch!” He yelled, charging forwards. Suddenly, the road vanished ahead, turning tightly to the right. He began to slow down and entered the corner, and that's when it happened. Akane's white NSX was suddenly inches away from his door, denying his safety net from him. “What the hell are you doing?!” Akane just waved at him, and he couldn't help but slow down more. He was bathing in sweat, and NSX was slowly but certainly creeping away. Pink gave up, easing off the throttle and pulled over. “Damned crazy b*tch..”

Akane was giggling as she saw Pink slowing down. “Poor boy.. I think he'll need new pants. He really isn't ready for this yet..” She chuckled, slowing down into more reasonable pace, satisfied by the result of this little race. “I bet Ryuu will be happy for me.. Then again, that idiot is back.. oh well..” She shrugged, and white NSX soon vanished in the labyrinth of the mountain roads.

~back in town~

Ryuu parked his car next to the familiar little coupe. It was a blue Alpine, an old French car that had been popular in the rally world back in its day. He got out of his car, and began to circle the small rear-engined classic. He peeked underneath wheel arches, spotting the updated suspension and brakes. He knocked the panels, and surprisingly many of them sounded similar to his carbon fiber wangan monsters panels. “This old lady has had a hefty diet..” Ryuu mumbled. Inside the car he could see well integrated roll cage, bucket seat and harness. “..and bra made out of best stuff..” He grinned. This car would be interesting opponent. But where was the driver..? Ryuu kept walking around the car, before settling down, sitting on the hood of the Starlet, preparing to wait for a while.

yeah, I know, it's short-ish, but certain napkin carrying, spatula wielding amazon rushed me up.. j/k--

This post has been edited by FinToy-83 on Aug 5 2008, 10:01 AM
Sanae
Posted: Aug 4 2008, 07:28 AM

IDW Okamisan

*puts spatula away, temporarily* tongue.gif

I could say 'about bloody time' but since I made quite a few people wait for a certain update for an indecent amount of time I'll be quiet and will just say that I love the update and the fact that you left us hanging nicely. This of course means that if we don't get another update sometime in the near future, the spatula will see some action...need I add anything else? lol

That said, yes, I am working on chapter 55. It's taken me a while longer than I thought because I had a little trouble connecting the two halves of the chappie. Now that I've figured it out I'll have it ready very soon. So you can please tell your moose to back off, at least for now, ok?

Well done again Finny! happy.gif
FinToy-83
  Posted: Aug 4 2008, 07:32 AM

IDW Banned Member

but he likes you.. whistling.gif Okay, back off, Elvis. I'll update as soon as my inspiration gives me another hefty kick on my butt. And you got the Akane-Action you wanted, happy now? shifty2.gif

This post has been edited by FinToy-83 on Aug 4 2008, 07:32 AM
Sanae
Posted: Aug 4 2008, 07:39 AM

IDW Okamisan

Oh yes....meesah very happy, meesah wants more Akane in future chapters too. Meesah being totally unreasonable but meesah loves Akane and yousah knows that. Right? tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Sanae on Aug 4 2008, 07:40 AM
FinToy-83
  Posted: Aug 4 2008, 08:00 AM

IDW Banned Member

Yes, Jar Jar Sanae, know that I do.

7 Pages  « 4 5 6 7