Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 9 unique listeners, playing Mega NRG Man - Burning Desire (New Generation Mix)

Important Rules
• Please do NOT post knowingly false information. Violators will be issued an actual warning.
• Please do NOT copy and paste articles from other websites. Link and short description is ok, but please do not copy and paste pages of info. Violator will be issued a verbal warning.
• Do NOT post any torrents and/or links to pirated copies of software here. Violator will be issued a verbal warning.
• Discussions about illegal materials such as ROMs, WAREZ and methods of copying copyrighted materials are not encouraged in this subforum.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

5 Pages  1 2 3 4 5  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 30,198  ·  Replies: 106 
> Best Codecs for Anime / General Purpose, Just a small discussion on codecs and filters
khat17
  Posted: Sep 25 2008, 11:00 AM

IDW SIMPLETON

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 17,668

Open MPC-HC. After it is started, press "O" on the keyboard for OPTIONS, or go VIEW then OPTIONS from the menu. From there, click on INTERNAL FILTERS on the LEFT, and you should be on your way.

PeAcE.
BOZZ
Posted: Sep 25 2008, 12:14 PM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Member No.: 1,414

QUOTE (khat17 @ Today at 3:00 PM)
Open MPC-HC. After it is started, press "O" on the keyboard for OPTIONS, or go VIEW then OPTIONS from the menu. From there, click on INTERNAL FILTERS on the LEFT, and you should be on your way.

PeAcE.

Ah, so no need to install anything, okay, thanks khat!
Nomake Wan
Posted: Sep 25 2008, 03:26 PM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

Any other settings? Well, here are the ones I set... Keep in mind, this is XP only. For Vista, use EVR Custom as your renderer (and you might want to disable VMR9 Mixer Mode if using EVR Custom as well).

user posted image

user posted image

The second settings page there is because when you use hardware acceleration, you have to disable VobSub. With VobSub disabled, you have to use MPC-HC's internal subtitle filter to display softsubs, which by default has incredibly shitty settings. The settings shown above should work perfectly (tested with [gg]'s release of Code Geass R2).
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
BOZZ
Posted: Sep 25 2008, 03:43 PM

I got mine running at about 22-30% CPU usage with khat and N1's settings... sad.gif

That is when playing the Air video... When playing some Gundams... Not so lucky...

This post has been edited by BOZZY on Sep 25 2008, 04:38 PM
khat17
  Posted: Sep 25 2008, 06:44 PM

IDW SIMPLETON

If yours is a SINGLE CORE CPU then maybe around those wouldn't be too bad.....

PeAcE.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Sep 25 2008, 08:59 PM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (BOZZY @ Today at 4:43 PM)
I got mine running at about 22-30% CPU usage with khat and N1's settings... sad.gif

That is when playing the Air video... When playing some Gundams... Not so lucky...

Please confirm/deny that hardware acceleration is coming on. To do this, play an h.264 video in MPC, and while it is playing go to Play->Filters->MPC Video Decoder. First, confirm that "Enable DXVA" is checked. If it is, see if the greyed-out text says "Not Using DXVA" or "H.264 bitstream decoder, no FGT." The former is obvious; the latter means that hardware acceleration is indeed working.

If "MPC Video Decoder" is not present, there's your problem. See below.

If acceleration is not working for you, one of the following is true:

-You have not blocked your other h.264 playback filters; therefore MPC's decoder is not running. Block all other h.264 decoders, and make sure that MPC's is checked.

-Your output settings are not correct. Make sure you're using EVR Custom in Vista or VMR9 Renderless in XP.

-You have not blocked VobSub and switched to MPC's internal subtitle filter. Block VobSub, and check "Auto-load Subtitles" in the Playback page of MPC's settings.

-Your video card does not support h.264 bitstream decoding.

-The video you are trying to decode does not comply with the BluRay standard for h.264. You can confirm this with MediaInfo; look for the number of reference frames. THORA releases, for instance, have a uselessly large amount of reference frames which do not comply with BluRay standards and therefore do not work with hardware acceleration.

Please remember that hardware acceleration was designed with DVDs and BluRay discs in mind, not files on your computer. Therefore, the files on your computer need to comply with either the DVD or BluRay standards for hardware decoding to work. wink2.gif
BOZZ
Posted: Sep 26 2008, 06:13 AM

I'll try that when I get home... MPC settings are not global, right? I can have 2 different versions installed with different settings and they won't interfere with each other, am I right?
khat17
  Posted: Sep 26 2008, 10:19 AM

IDW SIMPLETON

I believe that the settings in one will affect the other. This is from having an older CCCP installed with MPC, and downloading and extracting MPC-HC. MPC-HC had all the settings of MPC even though it was my first time running it. I'd suggest you get rid of one.

PeAcE.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Sep 26 2008, 02:05 PM

ShiMACHaze

Khat is correct. MPC settings are global. Please get rid of any version of MPC you may have except for MPC-HC, and then use the "Reset All Settings" feature within MPC to reset the registry. To further prevent interference, you could also use the "Save Settings to .ini" feature.

This post has been edited by Nomake Wan on Sep 26 2008, 02:05 PM
khat17
  Posted: Sep 27 2008, 11:56 AM

IDW SIMPLETON

So - open up your video and while it's playing, go here:

user posted image

Then look for this:

user posted image

And ensure that this is enabled:

user posted image

Short video on where to go:
user posted image

PeAcE.

This post has been edited by khat17 on Sep 27 2008, 12:19 PM
BOZZ
Posted: Sep 27 2008, 10:23 PM

Okidokie, will videos which don't use hardware acceleration, such as this set of BR-rips I have that don't adhere to BR encoding specifications (or something of the sort), would they play extremely slow?
Nomake Wan
Posted: Sep 27 2008, 11:52 PM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (BOZZY @ Yesterday at 11:23 PM)
Okidokie, will videos which don't use hardware acceleration, such as this set of BR-rips I have that don't adhere to BR encoding specifications (or something of the sort), would they play extremely slow?

Those videos will simply not trigger hardware acceleration. If your CPU is beefy enough it won't make a difference. If it's not (for instance, my poor little single-core Athlon 64), then it'll be choppy to the point where it'll be unwatchable.
BOZZ
Posted: Sep 28 2008, 12:12 AM

I must be missing something... I followed everything said so far, and also a note from N1 about how to switch to MPC Video Renderer, yet some videos, well, no longer have any video...
Nomake Wan
Posted: Sep 28 2008, 01:19 AM

ShiMACHaze

I'm honestly not sure what's going on on his end. I'd have to actually be there to figure it out, probably. Some ATi conflict or something? Dunno. Works fine on my end with only those directions. sad.gif
BOZZ
Posted: Sep 28 2008, 01:22 AM

Well I switched to an earlier version of HC, not the one packed with CCCP, and it seems to work fine now.
khat17
  Posted: Oct 10 2008, 04:44 AM

IDW SIMPLETON

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DXVA

For those who want to read up more on what DXVA is and whatnot. +99 Kudos to N1 for doing his research and keeping us up to date.

Has anyone tested this with an ATI card as yet? Results? Difference in settings?

On another note - asking anyone or N1 (hehe) to tell me what the results of this pic is all about.

user posted image

And why it says DXVA 1.0 for some, and not DXVA 2.0 for all of the settings.

PeAcE.

This post has been edited by khat17 on Oct 10 2008, 04:50 AM
BOZZ
Posted: Oct 10 2008, 07:54 AM

I've got an ATI 3650 which has AVIVO (which is supposed to include hardware acceleration, but I am not sure), however I don't think I have quite the right setup or files to test it.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Oct 10 2008, 02:37 PM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (khat17 @ Today at 5:44 AM)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DXVA

For those who want to read up more on what DXVA is and whatnot. +99 Kudos to N1 for doing his research and keeping us up to date.

Has anyone tested this with an ATI card as yet? Results? Difference in settings?

On another note - asking anyone or N1 (hehe) to tell me what the results of this pic is all about.

user posted image

And why it says DXVA 1.0 for some, and not DXVA 2.0 for all of the settings.

PeAcE.

That's actually a very simple answer, and I'm glad you asked. happy.gif FOR SCIENCE!

There are two types of DXVA calls, and they are not universal. Some calls can be handled either way, but others will require using DXVA1 or DXVA2. Most raw decoding operations are handled with DXVA1 calls (ModeMPEG2_C, ModeMPEG2_D, ModeH264_VLD_NoFGT), whereas post-processing calls are more typically handled by DXVA2 calls (Inverse Telecine, Motion Compensation, General Post Processing).

All I can tell from your screenshot, really, is that your card doesn't support VC-1 decoding (which makes sense; as I recall this functionality is only in the newest 9-series and 2XX series cards). I'm also going to wager a guess that the "Unknown" DXVA function is actually the decoder for WMV9.
khat17
  Posted: Oct 11 2008, 05:50 AM

IDW SIMPLETON

DXVA CHECKER DOWNLOAD

Could someone with an ATI card post a screeny so we can see what the difference is? Mine is from a 8800GTS.

PeAcE.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Oct 11 2008, 07:41 AM

ShiMACHaze

Just to note, my DXVA Checker results are exactly the same as Khat's; makes sense considering both our cards use the G92 core logic. wink2.gif
BOZZ
Posted: Oct 11 2008, 08:39 AM

QUOTE (khat17 @ Today at 9:50 AM)
DXVA CHECKER DOWNLOAD

Could someone with an ATI card post a screeny so we can see what the difference is? Mine is from a 8800GTS.

PeAcE.

user posted imageuser posted image

user posted imageuser posted image

Mine is an ATI 3650HD.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Oct 11 2008, 11:33 AM

ShiMACHaze

Damn you ATi and supporting VC-1 decoding on even older cards! laugh.gif
khat17
  Posted: Oct 11 2008, 04:25 PM

IDW SIMPLETON

The ATI cards seem to be getting better tho - not surprising considering AMD. But I'm wondering if it's worth making a switch............like to a 4xxx HD series from my 8800 GTS. Those ATI cards are going for sub USD$100 now.

PeAcE.
khat17
  Posted: Sep 18 2009, 07:00 AM

IDW SIMPLETON

Going to have to expand a little more on this, and update the settings page. But so you know - this is from the CCCP IRC.

<Dark_Shikari> You have three options for hardware acceleration:
<Dark_Shikari> 1) DXVA
<Dark_Shikari> 2) CoreAVC
<Dark_Shikari> 3) VAAPI/VDPAU with mplayer

I had no idea that MPLAYER does this as well - will have to test this on Linux.
BOZZ
Posted: Sep 18 2009, 09:22 AM

Funny enough apparently CCCP has finally gotten a new update on their site (from last week, it just came to my attention now).

5 Pages  1 2 3 4 5