Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing (Fifth Stage DS1) Rich Hard - On Your Wings

Important Rules
NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

4 Pages  1 2 3 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 45,910  ·  Replies: 97 
> Frequently Asked Questions, Read before posting!
Kev
  Posted: Jan 10 2004, 10:56 PM

IDW Goldmember

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 571

Here are some frequently asked questions.

What does an Initial D card do?
An Initial D card is the equivalent to a PS2 Memory Card. This saves your car's data, time trial runs, racer level, ect. CAUTION: bending, keeping in a hot climate, or getting moisture on the card may lose your card's data pernamently.

How do you get an Initial D card?
To get an Initial D card, at the begining of the game, after you insert your money, the machine will ask you to insert your Initial D card. Press start. If you are playing Version One, the game will explain to you what an Initial D card does. If you are playing Version Two, this screen is skipped. After, the machine will ask you if you want to buy an Initial D card. Insert the money needed, and a notice will come up saying "Card Purchased." At this point, choose the car you want, insert your name, and choose the tune you want.

What's the best car in the game?
The best car in Version One is the Rx-7 FD3S Type R. However, in Version Two, for the first three courses, (Myogi, Usui, and Akagi) the number one spot is held closely between the FD Type R and the FD Spirit R. It is believed however that overall the Spirit R is better. For the last there maps of Version Two, (Akina, Happougahara, and Irohazaka) the Integra Type R (DC2) is the best car.

Do you get the Group A AE101 new engine for the 86 Treuno?
For certain, with any of the regular tunes, yes you can get the new engine. It is not for certain that you will get the new engine with normal tune. If you would like to try it and find out, that would be a lot of help to us.

Do you get the Misfiring System with the LanEvoIII?
If you choose Tune A, yes

What does the Misfiring System do?
It makes a big exploding sound every time you take a turn. Performance wise, nothing.

What is card renewing?
Card renewals happen every 50 plays. This is when you have to "renew" your card. Pretty much the jist of it is that you have to pay for another card if you would like to keep the data on your card.

What happens during card renewal?
During card renewal, your original card's data gets transferred to another card. No data is lost during this process. In Version Two, you can choose to change Tunes if you like.

What do the different tunes do?
Different tunes don't do very much. It is to make your car look cool. All the car's performance are the same. It also changes your driving style (drift VS grip) but your overall time stays the same. Some cars are an exception. The LanEvoIII for example. In Tune A of the LanEvoIII, you get a Misfiring System.

Does Racer Level do anything?
No

Can I get Bunta's car?
Bunta's STi is a secret car, but yes you can get it. When you are in the manufacturer screen, press the following.

Up, Up, Down, Down, Up, Down, Up, Down, while holding the brakes and press the view button.

What's a Buntamobile?
Buntamobile is the nickname given to Bunta's WRX STi.

What's up with the teams?
The teams are a way of promoting more battles. When they are created, people from different teams will be able to race each other. It is a way of promoting races. Check out the battle thread here.

How do you race Bunta or Takumi on Irohazaka in Arcade Mode?
In order to race Takumi on Irohazaka, you need to beat EVERYONE in arcade mode first. If you want to race Bunta in Arcade mode, you need to beat Takumi on Irohazaka.

What do gutters do?
Gutters are located on Akina and Akagi. The gutters on Akina you can use to take the turn faster. You can use two different techniques. You can slow down a bit and take the inside the whole way out. The second way is to turn in early and slingshot out of the turn. I'm very busy right now so i'll just edit this later. The gutters on Akagi are just there, they dont do anything.

Why are the best cars in the game the best cars in the game?
Originally posted by Kengai_rcrZero - The 1st version of Initial D was actually supposed to be set to go along with the anime/manga story. BUT, since the creators and tokyocrap couldn't afford to put the game out worldwide on their own budget, they had to have a sponsor. For ver.1, the sponsor was Mazda. Therefore, the RX-7 was placed the top car. And because the makers actually wanted the to make the game more storylike, the 86 was placed 2nd.

Now ver.2 on the other hand, was not set to come out until the end of the year 2003. The actual date for arrival in the US for that game was October 12th 2003. BUT, since Honda volunteered to sponsor the game, ONLY on the basis that the creators would set one of Honda's cars to be the top model in the game, would the game arrive as early as possible in North America. So, the creators agreed to Honda's(Honda Motor Company) terms and they all took a vote on which car was to be set the Ichiban car. So, the Integra won, BUT it only won by 1 vote against the S2000. So there you have it, the reasons on why the game is the way it is. I guess in a way you could say this is better for us, since we did get an early version of the game. I mean, we're still having fun right? Even though the game could be set a BETTER way, we're still improving. So, good luck to all of you that play ver.1, 2, and 3. And pray that we get a next version. If any of you are wondering how I know all this, go to your local ID machine and read the sticker on the lower side of the upper body of the machine. It'll most likely be on the outer side where the ver.2 sticker is. Read it, and you'll see. That goes for ver.2 and 1. I Drove all the way to Golf n' Stuff because of the cabinets they have, they're still the ver.1 cabinets and they still have the ver.1 stickers and all that, but the game's a ver.2. I read Mazda Motor Company on the sticker, right after I read the Honda sticker on the ver.2 machine. And it all made sense, plus doing a bit of online research doesn't hurt. Well, I hope this explains a lot to all of you, and maybe you can all understand the company's reasons.

If you have any other questions, feel free to post. Also, many FAQs are already up on game faqs here. (Thanks Isolator_FC!)

This post has been edited by KrazFD on May 16 2004, 03:37 PM
Indecisive
Posted: Feb 21 2004, 09:13 PM

the deranged one

Member No.: 34

looks good smile.gif

good job kraz

~*STICKIED*~
Kev
  Posted: Feb 21 2004, 09:15 PM

IDW Goldmember

blink.gif like it wasnt before?
Indecisive
Posted: Feb 21 2004, 11:09 PM

the deranged one

Member No.: 34

you just sent me the link..I dind't know it was already a sticky.

was too lazy to edit my post.
Isolator FC
Posted: Feb 25 2004, 11:13 PM

IDW Regular Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,215

Hey guys,
I didn't know where I should post this, but since it's something that would probably help out with Frequently Asked Questions, I figured I should post it on this thread.

I think that it'd be a good idea to provide a link to the GameFAQs Initial D guides either in this FAQ, or in another stickied thread. It'd definitely help answer the more redundant questions that are flying around.

I know that a lot of the new users have been neglecting to read the FAQ, but it never hurts to try, right? grin2.gif

Anyway, here's the link -
http://www.gamefaqs.com/coinop/arcade/game/15501.html
(Credit for inspiration of this idea goes to Lan Evo IV, because I've seen him post it up a couple of times and figured, heck, why not sticky it?)
KeNgai_rcrZero
Posted: Feb 26 2004, 11:20 AM

Reigning and Defending

Member No.: 625

Wow, impressive isolator. You're becoming one of my favorite new members.
Jason_H.
Posted: Feb 26 2004, 01:33 PM

Safe On Block

Member No.: 1,239

Could someone please explain this "Card bugs" thing? Its really bugging me.
Kev
  Posted: Feb 26 2004, 04:54 PM

IDW Goldmember

There used to be a bug with the Initial D cards where you could get 999999999 (i dunno how many 9s) points on your car. dont even try it.

To Isolator FC, thanks, ill do that!
R-icoche-T
Posted: Feb 28 2004, 08:54 PM

RCubed Designs

Member No.: 907

What do those random ECU Resets do?
darthchilli
Posted: Mar 1 2004, 09:07 AM

hachi gogogo

Member No.: 1,362

ECU resets basically is getting a new computer for u car
which makes it go faster
every ECU upgrade..ur car should be faster
V0|t
Posted: Mar 1 2004, 01:55 PM

Akagi's White Comet

Member No.: 877

QUOTE (darthchilli @ Mar 1 2004, 09:05 AM)
ECU resets basically is getting a new computer for u car
which makes it go faster
every ECU upgrade..ur car should be faster

Your wrong,the Ecu reset basiclly reset(recaliper) the electronics so the engine doesn't do something wrong and blow up(thats real life) but in the game it just resets and it doesn't do nothing,same with coolant change,oil change,anything that you get before Full tune.
darthchilli
Posted: Mar 4 2004, 11:34 PM

hachi gogogo

Member No.: 1,362

i shall add to this FAQ
Correction 1
Evo3 misfiring system causes ur car to understeer more
tune parts make a difference. THe best mix for v2 on a DC2 according to HK(i have tested this myself) is a Ctune base with Btune Mugen wing and a Dtune CF hood. Handling is quite good. but it is a little too loose for my liking

Correction/Input
You get the Engine anyways on normal tune becuz at 120,000 pts. you get it

the bug was only in ver2 japanese

The thing u call gutters on akagi actually DO have a purpose..a tighter line that can make a or break a Time Attack Time. gutters on akina really just allows u to grab a better line..the slingshooting out of the turn..i uno..i guess its right..i cant describe how it feels...lol..all i kno is that in BG3..THe gutters on AKINA are VERY important to a fast time

But the big correction should be that TUNES DO MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Benji
Posted: Mar 5 2004, 12:08 AM

IDW Banned Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 891

Chilli, the bug is also in Ver. 3, i've seen it alot. But only from Jap V. 2 to Jap V. 3.

Your right about the gutters... They work really well (note, i knew that before you posted). It's awesome in a battle, you pass them on the inside of the last hairpins on Akagi with boost on. Their faces just turn into shock when they lose concentration and smach into a wall and you take the win.
blues_w
Posted: Mar 25 2004, 12:02 PM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 1,509

do battle levels make a difference? (it's said that racer levels don't... what about battle?)
Kev
  Posted: Mar 25 2004, 03:10 PM

IDW Goldmember

In a sense, yes. If you really like having an aura and such or you wanna show how skilled you are by having a rainbow aura, then yse, but it doesnt affect your driving.
Benji
Posted: Mar 25 2004, 04:25 PM

IDW Banned Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 891

Y4 +h3 b4++|3 |3v3| m4k35 4 D|ff3r3nc3!!!!11111oneoneoneone I R teh 1337 nub.

Seriously. This has been asked before. Look and you will find...
KeNgai_rcrZero
Posted: Mar 28 2004, 03:06 PM

Reigning and Defending

Member No.: 625

New question:

Can you transfer back from Ver.3 to 2 and from 2 to 1?!?

I doubt it, but have any of you tried it? blink.gif
deocare
Posted: Apr 6 2004, 10:53 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 1,591

how can i get this game happy.gif if this a stoopid question? where can i download this game ?
Kev
  Posted: Apr 6 2004, 03:53 PM

IDW Goldmember

pinch2.gif pinch2.gif pinch2.gif pinch2.gif pinch2.gif Youre kidding right?
deocare
Posted: Apr 6 2004, 08:56 PM

Shmuck

im new here smile.gif so need a little help ? happy.gif where can i get this game?
Kev
  Posted: Apr 6 2004, 09:25 PM

IDW Goldmember

This isnt a game you buy. Its called "Arcade Stage" for a reason. Its a game that you go to the arcade and play. If you want the home version (which i own, and IMO isnt as fun since you cant battle other people) you can go buy Initial D Special Stage
e\/o
Posted: Apr 6 2004, 09:37 PM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 1,253

go here

How did u even find this site without knowing wat id is? blink.gif

Take a drive on the wild side with some of the most intense head to head racing you'll ever see. Take to the road in climactic high-speed duels.

Released in 2002 for the european market as single sit down cabinet linkable up to 2 players. Initial D is a “one on one” race game taken place on a mountain course. Based around the characters from a famous comic strip, the player’s goal is to beat the rival and become the legendary fastest driver. Initial D also has the revolutionary card system to support the players to enjoy the game wherever they left off.

The game is powered by Sega’s powerfully impressive Naomi 2 board, which brings unparalleled graphic reality to the game and allows players to experience a real sense of speed and acceleration. Players have a choice of 3 game modes and 4 courses:

1.Legendary Fastest Driver.
This is a 1-player story time mode. In this mode you will try to become the fastest driver of the 4 mountains. Each mountain has different computer rivals that are based on the story from the comic book.

2.Time Attack
The player can practise without any competition to achieve their fastest lap. These fastest lap times can then be downloaded onto an Internet ranking site.

3.Link Battle
This is a one on one competition with your friends.

The unique Card System allows players to build a totally unique custom tuned car that is personal to them. This information is then stored on a paper credit card with a magnetic strip similar to those issued at car parks. They have a choice of car manufacturer, car colours, sponsor and parts to tune the car. Each time they race the car the player accumulates competition points which allows them to add new parts and tune the car, allowing you to improve your performance in each level without having to drop back a level.

taken from coinopexpress.com

This post has been edited by e\/o on Apr 6 2004, 09:40 PM
Keisuke_Takahashi
Posted: Apr 6 2004, 09:40 PM

You wont be in my mirrors after 2 more corners

Member No.: 1,233

i dont think anyone can afford a machine
e\/o
Posted: Apr 6 2004, 09:42 PM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 1,253

i dont think anyone can afford a machine

the site also explains wat id:as is
deocare
Posted: Apr 6 2004, 10:12 PM

Shmuck

haha i know waht ID is.. i been a big fan with the anime smile.gif

whoa one of those machine is 9 grande ? two for 18 grande? nice when im rich again i might get one!!

This post has been edited by deocare on Apr 6 2004, 10:17 PM

4 Pages  1 2 3 »