Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 8 unique listeners, playing (Battle Stage 2) Go 2 - Let It Burn

Views: 5,521  ·  Replies: 16 
> [FANFIC] Battleground - Clash of the Speedmasters, An Initial D and Wangan Midnight crossover
Airpistol09
  Posted: Oct 17 2012, 05:26 PM

IDW Full Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 39,073

With Meteor as my co-writer.
I don't have much to say.
Maybe I'll just review your reviews.

Chapter 1 - The Ghost of Akina

Isamu Satou was only 19 when he was hooked up with speed. He liked playing video games with racing concepts, from legal rally circuit to the illegal street racing. He even watched countless racing movies. He then started working extra hard. When he'd finish his regular job, he'd start his part-time one. Most of the money was saved to buy a tuned car.

After a year he bought a moderately tuned Nissan 240SX and drove it around Mt. Fuji. From Mt. Fuji's peak down to Hakone Lane he went all out, sometimes with accident, sometimes without. After another year he had a good grasp of drifting. Slowly, people on Mt. Fuji started to notice the 240SX and accepted it as the fastest car in the area. He was then introduced to downhill drift racing. Race after race he won and was given the name 'Flying Dutchman', after the famous ghost ship whose speed was unattainable.

One night he went up to Mt. Akina's peak to watch a downhill race between the Akina Speedstars' captain and their #2 driver.
The ace driver gave a 2 second advantage to the #2 driver. The #2 driver would start at a point ahead of the captain. At the very end of the race the #1 driver still won.
On the most dangerous regions of eastern Japan, a myth became reality. The story about 'The Ghost 86 of Mt. Akina' was never before believed until a man met the spectre and raced with it head to head.

Isamu was heading down from Mt. Akina's peak to Lake Akina. Driving a blue Nissan 240SX with all it's speed, attacking the corners, drifting with ease - it all made him feel like he was the only racer on Mt. Akina that could drive faster than the Akina Speedstars.
He didn't know that by the time he reached the 6th corner of the track; a black and white Trueno was coming his way really fast. The same Sprinter AE86 known by the locals as 'The Ghost of Akina' - a downhill racing monster. And by the time it showed up on Isamu's rear-view mirror, he had no other choice but to fight with the invincible car head on.
Isamu released the accelerator to have a closer look at the Sprinter Trueno. Once the two cars got side by side, he decided to unleash the sheer power under his hood. Slowly and unnoticeably Isamu's right foot became heavier as he stepped on the gas. The 240SX quickly built a gap between the two cars. Against a car making 295 bhp, the underpowered 86 was soon outrun by the Nissan.
A big difference in engine power was very evident. Isamu smiled whenever he looked at his rear-view mirror and saw no headlights. Reaching a long stretch, seeing a long straightway, he laughed. Noting a very big difference between the two cars when it comes to engine power, he shouted 'This is done!'
And so he thought. Few meters more before the entrance of the corner right after the long straightway, Isamu caught a glimpse of the Panda 86 entering the long straightway.
"This can't be."
He couldn't believe what he saw. He shouldn't have seen that slow car at all until the finish. "But it's ok" he thought. "I'm still leading, I still have this race under my control. All I have to do is stay in front until the last and longest straightway of the track. Then I'll show him what this nitrous injected engine can do. After that part comes the five consecutive hairpins. And he won't pass me there.'
And no sooner Isamu pushed his car to the limits of his driving ability. But he still couldn't believe what he started to notice.
"Is there something wrong with my car?" he started to ask himself. Isamu started to doubt his car's condition. He even started to doubt its racing capability.
"It can't be. It's just an 86. Maybe I'm just driving my car too slow." Bit by bit Isamu's driving became more and more aggressive.
Slowly the Trueno caught up. The gap shortened as time passed and after a few more corners, the black and white Toyota was right on Isamu's tail. And soon they reached the corner before the longest straightway of the track, with both cars starting from the outside. Isamu braked and downshifted in preparation, switched to light braking as he turned in and then switched to throttle, starting a drift. And as he slid inside, the Panda Trueno skidded; slid sideways on the outside lane and drew dangerously close to the guardrail. A crash seemed imminent, but the Panda Trueno drifted around the corner and took the lead.
Isamu was shocked. "What happened? He took the lead using the outside lane?" But he soon knew exactly what happened. He'd lost some speed mid-drift while the 86 had lost a lot less, letting it inch ahead on the outside and forcing him to adjust his line to avoid hitting it on exit. With said 86 getting away from him, he also knew that if he didn't make a move now, he would lose. "The only place to pass is on this longest straightway." he said. "I have a surprise for you," Isamu thought." I'll show you the monster in this nitrous injected engine."
With a push of a button, 2 forty liter tanks of nitrous oxide started to empty their contents to the fuel injection system. As the tanks steadily emptied, the engine was making 375bhp. The Nissan closed in on the 86 and just managed to pass it before heading back to the outside. The first of the five hairpins was getting closer. The 86 neared 170 km/h, the Nissan ahead of it crossed 230, Isamu kept his foot flat on the floor as he gauged his braking point then braked hard when he reached it, downshifting along the way. The ABS pumped the brakes several times per second as the tires desperately tried to slow him down.
140 km/h and dropping; the hairpin was getting even closer; the brakes wouldn't slow him in time. 90 km/h. Isamu reached the turn and used the E-brake, intending to scrub off the excess speed with a drift. Trying to catch the inside lane, the Nissan slid outwards while slowing down as Isamu tried his best to keep it from spinning out. The lighter 86 had started its braking much later and was already drifting past him on the inside.
Getting the car back under control at below 40 km/h, Isamu floored it after the 86 that was quickly leaving him behind. At the second hairpin, he lost sight of it entirely. Then he never saw the Sprinter's taillights ever again.

After he drove through to the end of Akina's downhill, he stopped for a while and reviewed what just happened. How come the 86 passed him in a corner, twice? He really couldn't believe it, why did he lose to an obsolete AE86? To think he had a more powerful engine and still lost.
HyperSonic
Posted: Oct 17 2012, 05:41 PM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 38,471

The Flying Dutchman huh.

He could be flying with speed like that, but Isamu is never a dutchman, he is a Japanese.
lol

Nice start. I've read this story of yours but I think it got better from the last time I read this chapter.

If Meteor would be putting in some of his ideas, I think it would be far more better than what we have imagined, an awesome tale of awesome awesomeness...

Next chapter please....

please.gif

This post has been edited by HyperSonic on Oct 17 2012, 05:42 PM
Airpistol09
  Posted: Oct 17 2012, 09:08 PM

IDW Full Member

That's why I can say it is not fair, since you have read mine already but, I never read yours. lol
Post it up so I, and the others here can read it.
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Oct 17 2012, 09:16 PM

Patient Zero

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 37,947

Woah! That was really fast. I guess it goes to show that I really am busy. I had the chance to read the draft that you PMed me but I couldn't get around to putting my feedback in. Reading it now, I see the changes that Meteor suggested and I love it! It's much better than what I could ever do, so kudos to him. Thanks for posting up this story too Airpistol09! I love it, more! MORE! laugh2.gif
HyperSonic
Posted: Oct 17 2012, 09:26 PM

IDW Regular Member

I'll be posting it after I have finished posting all the chapters of Muscle Drifter.

I have asked Meteor to proofread my work and until and unless Meteor, CG2 and I are satisfied, you won't be seeing any new thread from me.

And Airpistol09, what do you mean it is not fair?, you had a head start so normally I can read yours before you can read mine. Don't worry I'll send a hard copy on your way.

This post has been edited by HyperSonic on Oct 17 2012, 09:28 PM
Airpistol09
  Posted: Oct 17 2012, 09:39 PM

IDW Full Member

CG2, thanks for reading it, I really appreciate your effort to help me. Meteor agreed to be my co-writer here on this story, and a couple of ideas from you won't hurt, if it is for the benefit of the plot, I would gladly make that covenant.

I'm with HyperSonic now, it so happened that we saw each other in a mall and agreed to stay online for a couple of hours in a local internet cafe.

He is writing his chapter 2. And I'm teasing him to post the first chapter since I think he's done already. I'll try to post my second chapter anytime tomorrow or tonight if Meteor is satisfied with the chapter.

This post has been edited by Airpistol09 on Oct 17 2012, 09:42 PM
Meteor
Posted: Oct 18 2012, 05:20 AM

Were you expecting something else?

Member No.: 20,929

Did you happen to already send Chapter 2 my way, Airpistol09? My inbox was a little full some hours ago, so there's a chance you sent me the PM and I didn't get it.
Airpistol09
  Posted: Oct 18 2012, 05:31 AM

IDW Full Member

I'll send it to you around noon.

I hope that chapter is not unecessary.
Meteor
Posted: Oct 21 2012, 12:35 AM

Were you expecting something else?

Member No.: 20,929

Still haven't received any chapter. Did you send it?
shadow55419
Posted: Oct 24 2012, 10:40 PM

Meteor's partner in crime!

Member No.: 39,000

um just as a gearhead and crazy SOB driver, nitrous on a mountain pass is.....well honestly its suicide, its almost suicide on a straight stretch of road, so i can honestly say i'm interested to see how this goes.
HyperSonic
Posted: Oct 25 2012, 12:23 AM

IDW Regular Member

I have read thx's fic, I forgot the title which one it is.

He put a NOS on a yellow NSX-R on the downhill against Ryosuke, and this guy uses what he call the chaotic line. Fics can be very interesting you know.
Airpistol09
  Posted: Oct 25 2012, 12:35 AM

IDW Full Member

Being a total idiot about these stuffs, I had played Need For Speed Carbon and there is this Canyon Race against a boss, and i had to use nitrous oxide to keep up. I just thought it is possible.
Saxifrage
Posted: Oct 25 2012, 03:07 AM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 36,872

QUOTE (HyperSonic @ 2 hours, 44 minutes ago)
I have read thx's fic, I forgot the title which one it is.

He put a NOS on a yellow NSX-R on the downhill against Ryosuke, and this guy uses what he call the chaotic line. Fics can be very interesting you know.

The White Comet's downfall if I'm not wrong.

@Airpistol LOL I know.I've played NFS Carbon before..it might be a game,but it's not entirely impossible in real life. Whatsmore, Initial D(or fanfics) never was realistic..
shadow55419
Posted: Oct 25 2012, 05:13 AM

Airpistol i've played carbon many times, and i agree with Nicholas86 there, games like those were never entirely realistic, plus on a drift style of racing it would be tooo fast to corner in hairpins (as you so nicely pointed out in the chapter) going downhill, i may not have said anything going uphill though.

also Hyper i read that one myself, weird fic that one cause if you recall the NSX-R also ran his tires nearly off the bead, another insane move for any kind of driving.
Airpistol09
  Posted: Oct 25 2012, 06:41 AM

IDW Full Member

I guess I haven't read that. But these nos on the downhill isn't really a big deal right?
HyperSonic
Posted: Oct 25 2012, 06:45 AM

IDW Regular Member

It isn't a big deal on a fic and a game

SPOILER

But on real life, just like what Shadow had said, NOS is dangerous wherever you are.
shadow55419
Posted: Oct 29 2012, 04:54 PM

can we please stop calling it NOS? cause if you call it that you're talking about a company who uses that as their abreviation Nitrous Oxide Systems. Nitrous or Nitrous Oxide is better.

(and believe me i know about Nitrous, came in handy a few times in my street days)