Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 3 unique listeners, playing (Fifth Stage DS1) Virginelle - Bye Bye Girl

Important Rules
• Do not post any obscene material. (i.e. - nudity, explicit graphic situations ... etc.)
• Put a viewer discretion somewhere in your topic title / description when posting topic(s) that others might find offensive. (i.e. - Not Work Safe, PG13 ... etc.)

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

11 Pages  1 2 3 4 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 90,230  ·  Replies: 259 
> The Walking Dead, Whos seen it?
sideways
  Posted: Oct 13 2012, 03:38 AM

We're the People's Front of Judea!

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 1,355

Already on my Dl list thumbsup.gif
Tessou
Posted: Oct 13 2012, 04:34 AM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

I'm going to be murdering my sleep schedule in order to watch this on Sunday. That's dedication for you, I guess. I'm really hoping they don't mimic last season's dreadful approach at "tension" via not having a lot of walker encounters for the first 10 episodes for the sake of finding that stupid girl.

Airs at 9PM... I have to be at work at 8AM the next day, which means I will have to be up around 5 or 6 in order to make the commute in time. I35 tends to be a nightmare in the morning. sad.gif
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Phantom_R32
Posted: Oct 13 2012, 10:34 AM

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

Member No.: 1,277

Hopefully this season doesn't start off as crappy as last season did. facepalm.gif

Still looking forward to it though.
Tessou
Posted: Oct 13 2012, 11:57 AM

Group Icon

Season 2's opener was great, especially the end with the crazy cliffhanger. The episodes after it were dreadful until that whole business with Shane started.
Killah Jamez
Posted: Oct 13 2012, 12:15 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Group: Members
Member No.: 38,844

Yeah the beginning and end of last season were great it was the middle episode which dragged but there's tons of material for this season and the creators have promised a lot more action and way more walkers for what its worth..
Phantom_R32
Posted: Oct 13 2012, 12:18 PM

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

QUOTE (Tessou @ 20 minutes, 27 seconds ago)
Season 2's opener was great, especially the end with the crazy cliffhanger. The episodes after it were dreadful until that whole business with Shane started.

Yeah, that's what I meant. Bad wording on my part.
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Oct 13 2012, 12:48 PM

Patient Zero

Member No.: 37,947

Am I really the only one who thought season two was alright? I mean, yes you are right. It's not as action packed as season one but it still kept me interested. I was thinking about how the next episode would go while I was not watching and I got irritated when I couldn't find the time to sneak in an episode or two every night. Trust me, I was a ticking time bomb when I wasn't watching; I was addicted. laugh2.gif

Season two was definitely different. I think the directors were taking this time off the walkers to develop the characters, I mean, how far can you get in terms of character development with people running around shooting up the undead? The group deserved this little time of peacefulness and rest, although for the sake of the plot it was laced with tension and backstabbing. YES, the 'HERP DERP WE MUST FIND SOPHIA WITH HASTY' that went on for a couple of episodes was annoying, I could understand why they wanted to find her or at least put a closure to what happened to her.

Now Shane. Oh my god Shane. Now I'm not sure if I'm stepping into the realm of spoilers here but I think he got what he deserved. Most of you people here are men, can you guys possibly explain to me why he did what he did? I'd like to get a discussion going about this because it really has me curious.
Tessou
Posted: Oct 13 2012, 01:59 PM

Group Icon

It was different because the plot moved our cast into a relatively safe location, where encounters with walkers would naturally be less frequent.

My beef is that there was WAY too much plot focused on the search for Sophia when logically it would be a waste of time. They should have cast a vote or something (which probably would have ended up leaning towards "moving on"), or just left Carol to look for the stupid child herself. Once Shane started his development, and they encountered the other survivors, things became exponentially more interesting.

SPOILER

I never lost faith. Season 3 is going to be amazing if the cast interviews are anything to go by. I heard that the kill count in the first episode is going to be more than the entirety of the show before it.
Phantom_R32
Posted: Oct 14 2012, 02:13 PM

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

My only gripe is that I wish the show followed the comic better. But it's still good in it's own right.

SPOILER
awesome.gif

This post has been edited by Phantom_R32 on Oct 14 2012, 02:13 PM
Tessou
Posted: Oct 14 2012, 02:31 PM

Group Icon

Robert Kirkman wanted the show and the comic to be two different stories, so nothing is predictable.
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Oct 14 2012, 08:40 PM

Patient Zero

QUOTE (Tessou @ 5 hours, 55 minutes ago)
Robert Kirkman wanted the show and the comic to be two different stories, so nothing is predictable.

Yup, that is what I've heard from people who read the comics and watch the show. It's almost as if they are two different plots. Anyway, I took the time to watch the webisodes that they have on the AMC website. I think they're ok, if it's any consolation there are only four 'episodes' and each is under 10 minutes long. Kinda mind blowing how small the world is. Now it has me thinking:
SPOILER

BECAUSE, nothing is predictable. awesome.gif
sometrueno
Posted: Nov 4 2012, 09:17 PM

◆フェアレディZ POWER◆

Member No.: 11,599

So, today's episode pretty intense. RIP IronE

(USER WAS VERBALLY WARNED FOR THIS POST)
  - Details: Verbal warning has been issued to this post by THE_HONDA_CG2 on Nov 4 2012, 11:16 PM.
  - Reasons: Posting a duplicate thread

• Use the search function before you start a new topic. There is no need to create a duplicate of a thread that has already been posted.
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Nov 12 2012, 12:24 PM

Patient Zero

Note to self: Never eat while watching the Walking Dead. I still feel a little queasy. I guess that's what I get for trying to multitask huh? laugh2.gif

SO this weeks episode huh? Like hot damn. I was really hoping for more zombie killing and blood, but there's very little of it. Although when there are walkers, there are epic times. We got some messed up shit in here man.
sometrueno
Posted: Nov 12 2012, 06:18 PM

◆フェアレディZ POWER◆

Member No.: 11,599

twisted idea of entertainment, to say the least
RedsunsF1
Posted: Nov 14 2012, 08:36 AM

Nasa UT | FF FK8

Member No.: 38,401

QUOTE (THE_HONDA_CG2 @ Nov 12 2012, 12:24 PM)
Note to self: Never eat while watching the Walking Dead. I still feel a little queasy. I guess that's what I get for trying to multitask huh? laugh2.gif

SO this weeks episode huh? Like hot damn. I was really hoping for more zombie killing and blood, but there's very little of it. Although when there are walkers, there are epic times. We got some messed up shit in here man.

Lol this has happened to me multiple times. Watching The walking dead and eating food is not a good mixture.
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Nov 14 2012, 09:29 AM

Patient Zero

QUOTE (FFstrife @ 52 minutes, 49 seconds ago)
Lol this has happened to me multiple times. Watching The walking dead and eating food is not a good mixture.

Oh gosh, I'm so glad someone agrees with me. And here I thought I was being a wuss. Honestly though, if you can catch me on Skype at the times I watch the show and you'll quickly find out I'm a nervous wreck. I constantly whine, complain, and scream like a little girl at the most random parts. Apparently its quite funny. laugh2.gif

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Yoshida Seiji
Posted: Nov 14 2012, 09:52 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 23,634

Shit, it makes me more hungry.
RedsunsF1
Posted: Nov 14 2012, 10:05 AM

Nasa UT | FF FK8

QUOTE (Yoshida Seiji @ 13 minutes, 1 seconds ago)
Shit, it makes me more hungry.

Haha, you go pick up some Orange chicken while watching TWD ha

This post has been edited by FFstrife on Nov 14 2012, 10:13 AM
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Nov 19 2012, 11:06 PM

Patient Zero

user posted image

Essentially all of my feels now. Damn it. I think this is the first show in a really long time that actually brought some tears to my eyes. That's right, I cried at the end of it. Go ahead. Laugh and call me stupid. It's ok, I don't mind. At least I have emotions. derp.gif
SgtXDNX
Posted: Nov 19 2012, 11:23 PM

Goddamn Electric

Member No.: 23,073

Wait, there's other characters in the show!? ohmy.gif
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Nov 26 2012, 08:57 PM

Patient Zero

Why does this thread keep dying every week? Are there people like not watching it? Gosh. People, talk to me about zombies and stuff! Plot holes or how its different from the comics or whatever. Talk to me about Glenn being a bad ass and that
SPOILER
And
SPOILER
Seriously? No one? I feel alone in this world.
RedsunsF1
Posted: Nov 30 2012, 03:37 PM

Nasa UT | FF FK8

Mid-season finally this weekend :sadpanda:
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Dec 5 2012, 12:45 AM

Patient Zero

user posted image

Sorry, but I had to make fun of myself since I haven't had the chance to watch it until just now. This episode really did not disappoint. I loved every second of it! But now we have to wait until February for it to come back. Mannnnnnnnn! Oh well, Walking Dead marathon time! Or maybe I should go back to catching up with my anime... Decisions decisions...
Killah Jamez
Posted: Dec 5 2012, 01:19 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Group: Members
Member No.: 38,844

I'm surprised this topic isn't flooded Walking dead is probably the best show on TV right now. Anyway mid season finale was banana's I love what they're doing with the show you trust anyone or miss a second. Sucks to have to wait but its worth it.
RedsunsF1
  Posted: Dec 5 2012, 02:29 PM

Nasa UT | FF FK8

I have to agree with best show currently on with American horror story.
Pretty stoked for February to arrive so I can see what will be happening.
SPOILER

This post has been edited by FFstrife on Dec 5 2012, 03:25 PM

11 Pages  1 2 3 4 »