Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing RED SUNS (Takahashi Brother's Theme)

Important Rules
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 6 AA and 7 AAX here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. For anything about ver.4, please post them in the version 4 section. For anything about ver.5, please post them in the version 5 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

2 Pages  1 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 5,094  ·  Replies: 38 
> Initial D Time Tracker, Record your times!
trap15
  Posted: Jul 22 2011, 01:30 PM

IDW Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 37,648

I've recently opened up a public trial for my new project, EvoD. It aims to be a public record time tracker for all of the Initial D games by Sega (Arcade Stage and the various Playstation games), and so far seems to work fairly well.

It isn't currently completely done, it's just a public trial to test it against many varied inputs and to get public opinion, but it does sport many of the features I have deemed critical. The biggest glaring issue is that there is no method of verification, so all of these times are based on the trust (I do plan to find some way to make them verifiable eventually; suggestions on how are welcome).

I hope this is a good resource for everyone, and I would really appreciate any feedback and bug reports.

http://dodonpachi.daifukkat.su/evod/
DigiBunny
Posted: Jul 22 2011, 02:15 PM

Reading is magic!

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 30,700

What's the point of this if we have an IR?
trap15
  Posted: Jul 22 2011, 02:16 PM

IDW Member

For the older versions where the IR is now offline, or the PSP and PS2 versions (not sure about the PS3 one, haven't played it), where there is no IR.
DigiBunny
Posted: Jul 22 2011, 02:23 PM

Reading is magic!

Member No.: 30,700

Gave it a quick search for Iro DHD courses in V6 with an RX8. It's returning a Bad Order error. I assume this is because no data has been inputted yet?
trap15
  Posted: Jul 22 2011, 02:26 PM

IDW Member

Hrm, I can't seem to reproduce that error. Mind giving a screenshot or something?
There isn't any data, but it should just say "No results found.", rather than an error.
Lunar
Posted: Jul 22 2011, 02:36 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 6,456

This is a good idea...I'd like to see how it turns out once it's up and running!

I checked out the rankings for Version 3 on your page and it seems to be missing Akina Snow...just to give a heads up.

There's some active rankings out there that you can get a model from, but a lot of new records have been broken and to my knowledge there are quite a few hidden....(for Version 3)

Well, good luck~

This post has been edited by Lunar on Jul 22 2011, 02:36 PM
trap15
  Posted: Jul 22 2011, 02:45 PM

IDW Member

Ah, thanks for the heads up Lunar; I can make sure everything is correct when I get home in a few days to the local IDAS3 machine. I'll add Akina Snow right now.

It won't get up and running without user submissions, so try to help it get there if you can wink2.gif

EDIT: DigiBunny, I found the issue, and I resolved it smile.gif Thanks for the report.

This post has been edited by trap15 on Jul 22 2011, 05:08 PM
Agent556
Posted: Jul 23 2011, 02:35 AM

Project Legacy Co-Leader

Member No.: 2,133

this is good for those of us that are offline for version 6~

thanks, im gonna be using this lol

editadd:
ehh... a feature to edit what we record would be nice, instead of having to beat our previous record. i accidentally put RX-8 instead of the RX-7 Type RS, and cant fix that.

This post has been edited by Agent556 on Jul 23 2011, 02:45 AM
SonicSP
Posted: Jul 23 2011, 10:14 AM

Nagao Fanboy

Member No.: 36,182

Woah, cool. It could be useful for us to be recording our records, especially among ourselves. I tried it and it works.

lol, found a 3'42 record of Akina DH of myself at ID Online taken on the first week I started ID6 back in late May. I really need to TA on more courses more often other than Nagao........ facepalm.gif I'll try doing more TA tomorrow on courses I rarely do it on.

Like Agent, I also think an edit feature would also nice, we're already working on "trust" anyways, so might as well.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Jul 23 2011, 10:28 AM
trap15
  Posted: Jul 23 2011, 03:54 PM

IDW Member

Yes, editing was something I was going to do sometime soon. If you simply put the wrong car, you can fix that and just put the same time; it replaces if you got the same time smile.gif
I'll get working on that very soon.

EDIT: I just added the ability to delete your own records. This should work for now while I work on making editing work.

This post has been edited by trap15 on Jul 23 2011, 04:30 PM
Lunar
Posted: Jul 23 2011, 08:42 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 6,456

I also suggest putting a hotlink of some sort somewhere on our times in case we wanna provide proof with pics or vids...since most people record their run or take pictures....that would help improve the current trust system in my opinion.....just a suggestion up to you...

I just think in case people doubt a time that is put in there, if you have some kind of proof it's better isn't it ? For example, I put in today my model record time for Special Stage on Enna DH...so I uploaded that video on youtube to show everyone this run...

You think that can work ? Can you hotlink the video on the time I put on the site ?
Here's the link...

YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgxlZQbFik8 )

This post has been edited by Lunar on Jul 24 2011, 06:12 AM
trap15
  Posted: Jul 24 2011, 12:31 AM

IDW Member

That's a good idea as well; I'll add that to my TODO list. Thanks smile.gif
I'm going to get to work on this some more tomorrow; getting late here.

This post has been edited by trap15 on Jul 24 2011, 12:32 AM
SonicSP
Posted: Jul 24 2011, 04:24 AM

Nagao Fanboy

I have a suggestion. What about the ability to actually enter the date and time we set the record? Because almost certainly we're not going to enter it into the system the moment we actually set the record. The date (and maybe time) on when the record was set should be in the machine (or in my case, I just check initiald.net).

I mean, it may not be the most important data, but it certainly would give a more accurate depiction of the record as opposed to the current one where it says we all set the record within 2 days of each other. It could be an optional thing for those who want to enter the actual date the record was set (such as myself.......>_>).

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Jul 24 2011, 04:29 AM
trap15
  Posted: Jul 24 2011, 04:51 PM

IDW Member

Thanks for all the feedback everyone. I'll get to work implementing all of this now smile.gif

EDIT: Adding links to records is now implemented.
EDIT2: You can now specify your own date the record was set.

This post has been edited by trap15 on Jul 24 2011, 06:01 PM
yakiniku
Posted: Jul 24 2011, 06:46 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 36,472

I added my time in.

Anyway, I kinda like this more than the ID ranking sites so that at least I know and can add my timings without having to wait for 1 day for the network to refresh and can check it any time I want...
SonicSP
Posted: Jul 25 2011, 06:06 AM

Nagao Fanboy

QUOTE (yakiniku @ Yesterday, 6:46 PM)
I added my time in.

Anyway, I kinda like this more than the ID ranking sites so that at least I know and can add my timings without having to wait for 1 day for the network to refresh and can check it any time I want...

While it's only updated into the leaderboards every 24 hours, you can view all your times at any time by logging in with your IC Card number. I checked my newly made records yesterday before 24 hour update time by doing that.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Jul 25 2011, 06:08 AM
Agent556
Posted: Jul 27 2011, 01:40 AM

Project Legacy Co-Leader

Member No.: 2,133

oh right, ideally outbound should have been listed along with CCW and downhill since outbound is the default choice. inbound would be with uphill and CW, but oh well
SonicSP
Posted: Jul 27 2011, 03:18 AM

Nagao Fanboy

^I agree, being the default choice it should be. It's not important sinc a course only has two choices but having the Inbound alongside Downhill is counter-intuitive. I also think a night/day indicator should be there.

The site seems to be working well at the moment. I enjoy putting my Street Stage and Stage 6 times there. It's like filling up an Initial D form. smile.gif

trap15
  Posted: Jul 27 2011, 04:52 AM

IDW Member

Ah, you're right. Sorry about that! I'll get that fixed up soon.
Good to hear that people are using it and such smile.gif

This post has been edited by trap15 on Jul 27 2011, 04:53 AM
brian_infinispirit
Posted: Jul 27 2011, 07:31 AM

The Dozuki Master

Member No.: 20,372

I inputted some of my times already. For D6, I'll only post those worth posting, so for me personally, maps like Nagao, Happo, and Tsubaki are out of the equation.

I forgot the dates for IDv3 and ID4 personal bests. For D5, I still have some of them so I'll post those as well.

TETSUO over there is me BTW.

This post has been edited by brian_infinispirit on Jul 27 2011, 07:49 AM
SonicSP
Posted: Jul 27 2011, 09:18 AM

Nagao Fanboy

I've got an idea. How about you modify the "time" entry into three separate boxes, one for minute, one for seconds (this one should be two digit limit since seconds are always two digits), and one for the milliseconds (this one should be set to three digit rule since they are always three digits). This way we don't have to type up the ' and " ourselves which should make it more easier for people to use in theory.
trap15
  Posted: Jul 27 2011, 03:09 PM

IDW Member

^ That's not a bad idea. I'll get to work on that right now smile.gif

EDIT: Done smile.gif

This post has been edited by trap15 on Jul 27 2011, 03:29 PM
SonicSP
Posted: Jul 28 2011, 09:14 AM

Nagao Fanboy

Is the ability to edit records available yet? I seem to see only the ability to delete. I would like to add some photo links to my records, but I think it would be easier if you can just add it to your record as opposed to deleting it and re-entering it.

If an edit ability is already there, then I'm sorry that I missed it somehow.......>__>
trap15
  Posted: Jul 28 2011, 07:12 PM

IDW Member

No, it's not in yet. Sorry, I've been procrastinating doing that, heh...
I'll get to it now.

EDIT: All done smile.gif

This post has been edited by trap15 on Jul 28 2011, 08:03 PM
Saxifrage
Posted: Jul 29 2011, 05:49 PM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 36,872

Submitted my Street Stage times....

No videos becoz im not a youtube member ==

I don't have good D6AA times to submit

2 Pages  1 2