Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 7 unique listeners, playing Marko Polo - Speedy Speed Boy

Views: 6,731  ·  Replies: 2 
> Killing Shingo With Kindness
Initial D World
    Posted: Aug 23 2013, 03:03 AM

IDW Facebook Fanpage

Group: Staff
Member No.: 37,931

There are many subtle messages the author wants to convey throughout Initial D. One of them being kindness. Initial D as an anime doesn't technically have any "villain" characters. Shingo is probably closest to that definition. And of course later on in the series we have Shinigami, but we'll save that for another post.

Shingo is a reckless character that will use dirty tricks or whatever he has to do to win. To lure the Akina's 86 to come out to race with him, he pushed Itsuki and his 85 off the road. As a result, Itsuki was hospitalized. Of course, that worked. Takumi was enraged by the incident and decided to race Shingo in the so-called Gumtape Deathmatch. These scenes were supposed to invoke anger in the viewers and gets everyone's blood boiling. I am sure I wasn't the only one who was very angry at Shingo.

So it was such an uplifting moment to see Shingo's plan to crash with the 86 fails. And that's why it was touching to see Iketani and Kenji to offer Shingo a ride to the hospital. Just when everyone was cheering in front of the TV that the villain got what he deserve, we are being shown the act of kindness. It was killing him with kindness. Shingo realized what he did was wrong and the author showed us that violence doesn't solve anything. Forgiveness and mercifulness, on the other hand, are stronger emotions than hatred.

What have you learned from Initial D all these years? Share your stories with us. (smile)

| Image Sources |
» Initial D First Stage ACT.15「拓海·怒涛の激走!」"Takumi's Fury!"

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1200 x 1588. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Aug 23 2013, 06:08 AM

ShiMACHaze

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 5,394

The internet has ruined me. I can't see that last scene without picturing a Lancia Stratos rocking up anymore...
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
shadow55419
Posted: Aug 23 2013, 11:35 AM

Meteor's partner in crime!

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 39,000

From Itsuki one learns to not give up on a dream, and that giving up a losing battle is sometimes not what you want but the smart thing to do.