Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 2 unique listeners, playing (Final Stage) J-Stark - The Jungle Is On Fire

Important Rules
• Do not post any obscene material. (i.e. - nudity, explicit graphic situations ... etc.)
• Put a viewer discretion somewhere in your topic title / description when posting topic(s) that others might find offensive. (i.e. - Not Work Safe, PG13 ... etc.)

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

447 Pages  « 359 360 361 362 363 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 537,434  ·  Replies: 11,163 
> Random Thoughts
xiao
Posted: Mar 23 2017, 03:13 AM

moon bunny

Group: XIAO
Member No.: 13,323

QUOTE (carzy_guy @ 2 hours, 2 minutes ago)
Is anyone going to see the new Ghost in the Shell movie when it comes out?

Nope.

But that's cause xiao's a cheapass I don't watch movies in the theatre. user posted image

I think it'll be a fun movie ~ so I'll check it out when it hits *cough* BD like Benny-san said.

In the meanwhile I gotta re-watch all of SAC, all of Monogatari, all of To-Love-Ru, and all of AoT in prep for the 2nd season coming out in a few weeks woot! \(^ω^)/
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
MidnightViper88
Posted: Mar 23 2017, 06:03 AM

Ballistic heartbreak

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 1,034

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ Yesterday, 8:59 PM)
I want figma Iowa so bad, but because she comes out right around AX I have to wait. I do have the Goodsmile limited edition figma Miki Hoshii on preorder though! awesome.gif

I wanted to get figma Miki through the GSC Online Shop just for the bonus winking face part, but totally fucked off remembering to do it before the reservations closed. Whatever, I'm just glad it finally happened after over 2 long years, but it'll probably be another decade before they arse themselves to make the rest of 765 like they said they were planning to do, *IF* they actually make the rest of 765. rolleyes.gif

I may be bad with figma, but at least I've calmed my tits down on scales and only ever buy one if I reallyreallyreally like the character enough to warrant the purchase (and have the room to display it). laugh2.gif
umustwait101
Posted: Mar 23 2017, 07:27 AM

Osaka-kun

Member No.: 45,912

QUOTE (xiao @ 4 hours, 14 minutes ago)
Nope.

But that's cause xiao's a cheapass I don't watch movies in the theatre. https://idforums.net/style_images/1/icon4.gif

I wonder about that... You seem to be very generous with buying pantsu, (sun)glasses, and anime loot.

Also generous in giving things away...

If you were a pony, you would be Rarity...

I'll see myself out now...
Tessou
  Posted: Mar 23 2017, 08:44 AM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

Despite the correct trait reference, his demeanor and gift giving make him more of a Pinkie Pie.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
xiao
Posted: Mar 23 2017, 01:25 PM

moon bunny

I thought I was Princess Luna! crying2.gif ~ but actually Rarity & Pinkie Pie are both very appealing now that I've Google'd them up online2long.gif hrmm ...

Okay Okay I got it cool.gif → →

I'm Rarity awesome.gif cause Tsuki was the original Pinkie Pie, Dori is Applejack and ... actually Sensation! might be more fitting to be Princess Luna cause he's just not sneaky enough to be Discord, Tessou's Rainbow Dash, Nomake's Princess Celestia, Umu's Sweetie Belle, Kyon's Big Macintosh, Perry's Twilight Sparkle, APX is Lord Tirek, and .....

GOSH now I really need to go watch this thing & not just YouTube snippets ~ hold-on Attack on Titan! I'll be back once I'm done gurling out to MLP !!!

Goddammit there goes my social life with neko-chan & Margarita Thursdays at Porky's ... orz

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 2688 x 1520. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 2688 x 1520. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

Now if y'all would excuse Miss Rarity and/or Pinkie Pie ...

I need to buy that blue Ralph Lauren dress for an evening with ex-President William Clinton at the Oral Officeâ„¢ awesome.gif

SPOILER
Nomake Wan
Posted: Mar 23 2017, 07:09 PM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

QUOTE (MidnightViper88 @ Today, 6:03 AM)
I wanted to get figma Miki through the GSC Online Shop just for the bonus winking face part, but totally fucked off remembering to do it before the reservations closed. Whatever, I'm just glad it finally happened after over 2 long years, but it'll probably be another decade before they arse themselves to make the rest of 765 like they said they were planning to do, *IF* they actually make the rest of 765. rolleyes.gif

Well the next 765 was already announced, which is Takane, meaning at the minimum we'll have Project Fairy in figma form. So there's that.

Plus figma Iori would literally be print_money.exe, and if you have Iori you have to have Yayoi...so I'm sure they'll do the rest of 765. There's sure as hell a better chance that we'll get all of 765 than I'll ever get figma Charlotte Yeager... sad.gif
umustwait101
Posted: Mar 23 2017, 07:25 PM

Osaka-kun

QUOTE (Tessou @ Today, 8:44 AM)
Despite the correct trait reference, his demeanor and gift giving make him more of a Pinkie Pie.

I think you're right. I shouldn't have labeled him as a Rarity just by the trait reference. But... you seem to be very knowledgeable on the trait references of MLP ponies... Is there a closet brony amongst us?

user posted image
Pinkie Pie is my favorite pony, btw.

QUOTE (xiao @ 5 hours, 35 minutes ago)
I thought I was Princess Luna! crying2.gif ~ but actually Rarity & Pinkie Pie are both very appealing now that I've Google'd them up online2long.gif hrmm ...

GOSH now I really need to go watch this thing & not just YouTube snippets ~ hold-on Attack on Titan! I'll be back once I'm done gurling out to MLP !!!

Goddammit there goes my social life with neko-chan & Margarita Thursdays at Porky's ... orz

I need to buy that blue Ralph Lauren dress for an evening with ex-President William Clinton at the Oral Officeâ„¢ awesome.gif

user posted image
You guys... if I was a girl, I'd love you all for being supportive and humoring me, even tho I was half expecting to be ridiculed, shot down, shunned and ignored for bringing MLP into this (which xiao has already said that he loathed).

But... now I understand, xiao. Dat dress is... very appealing... yes... mhm... I like the color. And the design.
APX
Posted: Mar 23 2017, 07:37 PM

Join the Empire today! Or die, rebel scum!

Member No.: 1,473

Guess i'll pass on the power rangers movie, and never was going to see Ghost on the shell movie as well, just didn't tickle my cucumber.

Logan is a good movie to see and be happy until a month or two until another fun movie comes out (Whatever it is)

Apparently the Beauty and the Beast movie wasn't that well received as they expected (Friend said it was good, not great. Jungle Book was better to him)
MidnightViper88
Posted: Mar 23 2017, 07:41 PM

Ballistic heartbreak

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ Today, 11:09 PM)
Well the next 765 was already announced, which is Takane, meaning at the minimum we'll have Project Fairy in figma form. So there's that.

Plus figma Iori would literally be print_money.exe, and if you have Iori you have to have Yayoi...so I'm sure they'll do the rest of 765. There's sure as hell a better chance that we'll get all of 765 than I'll ever get figma Charlotte Yeager... sad.gif

Meanwhile the poster face of IDOLM@STER is still nowhere to be seen in figma form.

Yeah! Awesome! のワの

This post has been edited by MidnightViper88 on Mar 23 2017, 07:41 PM
Tessou
  Posted: Mar 23 2017, 08:15 PM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

QUOTE (umustwait101 @ 50 minutes, 13 seconds ago)
But... you seem to be very knowledgeable on the trait references of MLP ponies... Is there a closet brony amongst us?

If you were a member here a few years ago you'd know the answer to that question, although my current answer would be the opposite (third movie killed the franchise IMO). There is still a "Pony Fans" user group and a thread dedicated to the series, though. Ask and ye shall receive.
umustwait101
Posted: Mar 23 2017, 08:38 PM

Osaka-kun

QUOTE (Tessou @ 23 minutes, 16 seconds ago)
If you were a member here a few years ago you'd know the answer to that question, although my current answer would be the opposite (third movie killed the franchise IMO). There is still a "Pony Fans" user group and a thread dedicated to the series, though. Ask and ye shall receive.

Neat! I was introduced to MLP by a girl, and really liked the first two series of Friendship is Magic. But, admittedly, I liked the first series the best (especially Party of One, once again, featuring my favorite pony, Pinkie Pie). I'll have to look up the thread and... probably necro post to it if I have anything to contribute...
xiao
Posted: Mar 24 2017, 11:16 AM

moon bunny

QUOTE (MidnightViper88 @ Yesterday, 9:41 PM)
Meanwhile the poster face of IDOLM@STER is still nowhere to be seen in figma form.

Yeah! Awesome! のワの

Hands down the goofiest iM@S character. laugh.gif

Also it took me six tries asking N1 to learn that the small kana characters in IME are accessed via L + the character you wanna type.

For example: のヮの by typing L + wa → ヮ

user posted image

This post has been edited by xiao on Mar 24 2017, 11:38 AM
MidnightViper88
Posted: Mar 24 2017, 12:26 PM

Ballistic heartbreak

Fuck it, be lazy, type shit on a smartphone so you can have multiple keyboards to work with on the fly and be able to throw in gratuitous foreign language like a weeb and be all 日本語だよ。
Posted: Mar 24 2017, 02:40 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

Member No.: 16,670

i got a quick question about the way the hard data storage on Ipads work. my aunt has an older Ipad mini with a 12GB storage capacity. she's not the best when it comes to issues with technology but she knows how to use the basic functions that most tablets have. her Gmail account is using 1GB out of 15GB capacity and she likes to stuff her email accounts/devices with stuff most people dont hesitate to delete upon email delivery ie useless pics and vid links.

her Ipad is about ready to lock up with only 500MB of storage left on it. i honestly dont care if it locks up but i do help her with some functions so she can do things herself. on her ipad, pics and vids take under 2GB space and the Mail section on data storage takes up 6.4GB. all other apps and file allocations usage arent an issue. is it common to have such file locations to lock up data storage on tablets? she's gonna bug me again about the lack of space soon enough. id just like to know if there's anyway to clear up some space on her IPAD mini. id like to tell here to delete nearly all the data use on the ipad but she wouldnt like that much at all.

LOL, Xiao, that pic reminds me of another similar character from a funny anime.

This post has been edited by 207 on Mar 24 2017, 02:45 PM

Attached Image (Click thumbnail to expand)
Attached Image
Nomake Wan
Posted: Mar 24 2017, 03:17 PM

ShiMACHaze

12GB is nothing but the fact that she is storing six and a half gigabytes of email content is just plain insanity. Why? Why is she doing this?

If you want my suggestion, it's to install iCleaner and wipe all that email crap. However, that's a jailbreak app, so your mileage may vary. The point here is that you really need to wipe that email data. There's no way in hell she's actually actively using that data.

I use my iPhone constantly every single day and have three email accounts synced to it. My mail app uses 92MB. The Gmail app uses 200 MB.

Seriously dude.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Posted: Mar 24 2017, 03:57 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 40 minutes, 25 seconds ago)
12GB is nothing but the fact that she is storing six and a half gigabytes of email content is just plain insanity. Why? Why is she doing this?

If you want my suggestion, it's to install iCleaner and wipe all that email crap. However, that's a jailbreak app, so your mileage may vary. The point here is that you really need to wipe that email data. There's no way in hell she's actually actively using that data.

I use my iPhone constantly every single day and have three email accounts synced to it. My mail app uses 92MB. The Gmail app uses 200 MB.

Seriously dude.

thanks, that's the insanity i have to deal with when she has issues with her Ipad. unfortunately she wont be very open to that option to clean out her Ipad or Icleaner if certain data gets lost/deleted. she doesnt want to "lose" the useless stuff she stores on her measly 12GB hardrive.

if i can isolate the reason why 6.5GB in email drive is locked up and clear it out then she might be open to clear some crap out of it but i dont think she'll want to do a thorough cleanup/delete of all the emails she has. ive seen the many sub folders she has and i dont bother questioning why she even stores that stuff on email in the first place anymore.

will this app clear out the majority of the 6.5 GB data block while conserving all the useless content? if so then she will likely agree to it but she wont do it if the contents of the email data will be lost. she just doesnt want to offload any of the useless stuff on the Ipad. she'll consider to store that useless data on extra flash drives but has yet to make such a decision to get the flash drives. she'll delete what is needed on the Ipad as long as she has a copy of that useless data on her laptop or some sort of hard drive.

i do believe she does go to tech stores once in a while to have issues fixed when it does occur to them. she even has a warranty/guarantee on the Ipad so voiding the warranty might be an issue for her.

honestly, i also dont see a reason why she even keeps all that useless data on the email and Ipad. sure there are some personal files/pics/vids that almost everyone keeps on the devices but adding all this insanity on it is crazy. i cant/wont try to give her advice on how she uses her data and devices but i find she's SOL on that matter when it comes to data use VS capacity.

This post has been edited by 207 on Mar 24 2017, 03:58 PM
xiao
Posted: Mar 24 2017, 05:00 PM

moon bunny

QUOTE (MidnightViper88 @ 4 hours, 29 minutes ago)
Fuck it, be lazy, type shit on a smartphone so you can have multiple keyboards to work with on the fly and be able to throw in gratuitous foreign language like a weeb and be all 日本語だよ。

I can't for the life of me type Nihongo on a cellphone ~ that slide & down & up weird app thing is a heck of a lot more un-intuitive than the native Android keyboard.

N1 tells me the iPhone J-keyboard isn't as much of a hassle ... but I've yet to try it out. Nothing beats good old Win IME tho! laugh.gif

I've heard the IME on iMacs is hella jarring without Alt+Shift or suggested kaomojis ~ so I really don't even wanna try to type on a Mac.

Usually I just type romaji unto the jisho.org mobile site when I'm on the phone, then copy/paste it into an SMS ... but both methods are equally annoying. So it's all Eigo & no weeb when I'm on the go laugh.gif

This post has been edited by xiao on Mar 24 2017, 05:14 PM
Shirogane
Posted: Mar 24 2017, 08:51 PM

SCREEEEEEECHING INTENSIFIES

Member No.: 17,722

Welp, driving down to California's going to be fun. At least I got something decent (*cough*Altima*cough*).
Nomake Wan
Posted: Mar 24 2017, 09:55 PM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (207 @ 5 hours, 53 minutes ago)
will this app clear out the majority of the 6.5 GB data block while conserving all the useless content? if so then she will likely agree to it but she wont do it if the contents of the email data will be lost. she just doesnt want to offload any of the useless stuff on the Ipad. she'll consider to store that useless data on extra flash drives but has yet to make such a decision to get the flash drives. she'll delete what is needed on the Ipad as long as she has a copy of that useless data on her laptop or some sort of hard drive.

It wipes cached data, not personally-saved data. So when she opens her mail app, it'll pull relevant data down from the mail server and she'll be fine. Anything she intentionally saved will still be there (because it's saved outside the mail app). If she doesn't want to do that, then your ultimatum to her is to invest in an iPad with a larger storage capacity and migrate to that. If she doesn't want to pay the big bucks and doesn't want to clean her existing one then she can just deal with it and shut the fuck up. Sorry to be harsh but that's just the way it is, period, no alternatives.

QUOTE (xiao @ 4 hours, 51 minutes ago)
I can't for the life of me type Nihongo on a cellphone ~ that slide & down & up weird app thing is a heck of a lot more un-intuitive than the native Android keyboard.

N1 tells me the iPhone J-keyboard isn't as much of a hassle ... but I've yet to try it out. Nothing beats good old Win IME tho! laugh.gif

iOS comes with both the Japanese-style IME (the 'slide your finger' thing you're talking about) and the traditional IME (similar to how Windows does it). You can use either one, or both, your choice. That's why iOS is awesome.

QUOTE (Shirogane @ 1 hour, 0 minutes ago)
Welp, driving down to California's going to be fun. At least I got something decent (*cough*Altima*cough*).

Come visit. Let's have curry.
Shirogane
Posted: Mar 24 2017, 10:36 PM

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 40 minutes, 39 seconds ago)
Come visit. Let's have curry.

How far are you from Sacramento? EDIT: Derp, Stockton.

This post has been edited by Shirogane on Mar 24 2017, 10:49 PM
Posted: Mar 24 2017, 10:38 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 43 minutes, 16 seconds ago)
It wipes cached data, not personally-saved data. So when she opens her mail app, it'll pull relevant data down from the mail server and she'll be fine. Anything she intentionally saved will still be there (because it's saved outside the mail app). If she doesn't want to do that, then your ultimatum to her is to invest in an iPad with a larger storage capacity and migrate to that. If she doesn't want to pay the big bucks and doesn't want to clean her existing one then she can just deal with it and shut the fuck up. Sorry to be harsh but that's just the way it is, period, no alternatives.

thank you very much for the reply. so its the cached information which is the actual problem on her Ipad. if she does opt for Icleaner, would that void any sort of warranty/deal should she bring it into a store for possible repairs/updates? i dont deal with smart tech so im not familiar with the policies big box stores have when it comes to jailbreak apps on such devices when customers pay for the big box store services.

dont worry about being too harsh, i know she wants to store soo much data on the Ipad and theres nothing i can do about it. she'll just need to deal with it. i dont know yet which option she'll chose but atleast i will be able to tell her what options she has and take it from there.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Mar 24 2017, 11:15 PM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (Shirogane @ 36 minutes, 9 seconds ago)

350 miles. Why are you going to the middle of nowhere?

QUOTE (207 @ 33 minutes, 32 seconds ago)
thank you very much for the reply.  so its the cached information which is the actual problem on her Ipad. if she does opt for Icleaner, would that void any sort of warranty/deal should she bring it into a store for possible repairs/updates? i dont deal with smart tech so im not familiar with the policies big box stores have when it comes to jailbreak apps on such devices when customers pay for the big box store services.

Jailbreaking is perfectly legal but you do do it at your own risk. Apple most definitely will no longer service it if it's jailbroken even though it's legal to do so, because they're Apple and they make the rules. If she has a contract with some other store, it'll depend on what's written in the contract.

It's been so long since I've tried to manage data in iOS without tools that I forget what the OS itself can do. You can access the built-in data manager from Settings -> General -> Storage & iCloud Usage -> Manage Storage. I don't remember if that's actually useful, but if has a 'clear cached data' button or something you can give that a shot.
Shirogane
Posted: Mar 24 2017, 11:24 PM

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 8 minutes, 34 seconds ago)
350 miles. Why are you going to the middle of nowhere?.

... Fuck. Well, long story short, one of my friends wanted to move up here - and he has quite a lot of stuff to take with him.

The things I do to help people, I guess.
umustwait101
Posted: Mar 25 2017, 01:28 AM

Osaka-kun

QUOTE (207 @ 9 hours, 18 minutes ago)
...but she wont do it if the contents of the email data will be lost. she just doesnt want to offload any of the useless stuff on the Ipad. she'll consider to store that useless data on extra flash drives but has yet to make such a decision to get the flash drives. she'll delete what is needed on the Ipad as long as she has a copy of that useless data on her laptop or some sort of hard drive.

Sounds like the only real option for her habits would be to buy a more expensive iPad with more storage (they go up to 128GB). I think you should tell her that she risks locking up the iPad for good if she continues to starve it of free space. Maybe once she realizes that her preferences come with an expensive cost, she will be more ok with deleting stuff off of it. If not, then just buy the iPad with more storage, and be done with it. My mom has the same problem - she has all the Line videos on her phone, taking up GB of memory. Luckily she doesn't feel attached to them, so whenever she brings her phone to me and tells me she can't get her emails anymore, I just remove and re-install Line, and problem solved.

QUOTE (xiao @ 8 hours, 15 minutes ago)

I've heard the IME on iMacs is hella jarring without Alt+Shift or suggested kaomojis ~ so I really don't even wanna try to type on a Mac.

Usually I just type romaji unto the jisho.org mobile site when I'm on the phone, then copy/paste it into an SMS ... but both methods are equally annoying. So it's all Eigo & no weeb when I'm on the go laugh.gif

I was going to point out that you can install the Google Handwriting Input app from the Google Store, which I have found to be the most natural way of "typing" Chinese/Japanese - even more natural than using a keyboard in Windows. In fact, my Chinese has probably regressed, because now I just draw something that faintly resembles what I remember the character looking like, and then I choose from the suggestions that Google thinks I mean.

Then again... I can't read Japanese (except Kanji), so maybe it's good it's all Eigo and no weeb?

This post has been edited by umustwait101 on Mar 25 2017, 01:58 AM
xiao
Posted: Mar 25 2017, 06:14 AM

moon bunny

QUOTE (Shirogane @ 7 hours, 25 minutes ago)

My mom was born in Sacramento ~ If she had stayed there I would've been born a Californyan ... user posted image user posted image

QUOTE (umustwait101 @ 4 hours, 32 minutes ago)
Google Handwriting Input app

Negative my Umu-pyon ~ that's the input editor on Android I was talking about. I need a J-qwerty to make writing Nihongo on a phone bearable. Which is why awesome.gif ...

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 8 hours, 5 minutes ago)
That's why iOS is awesome.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1519 x 854. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

447 Pages  « 359 360 361 362 363 »