Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing (Fifth Stage DS1) Daniel - Full Metal Cars

Important Rules
• Please do NOT post knowingly false information. Violators will be issued an actual warning.
• Please do NOT copy and paste articles from other websites. Link and short description is ok, but please do not copy and paste pages of info. Violator will be issued a verbal warning.
• Do NOT post any torrents and/or links to pirated copies of software here. Violator will be issued a verbal warning.
• Discussions about illegal materials such as ROMs, WAREZ and methods of copying copyrighted materials are not encouraged in this subforum.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 7,494  ·  Replies: 10 
> Good laptop choices?
Möbius
  Posted: Aug 8 2012, 04:48 PM

IDW Top Poster

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 3,524

I am in the market for a new, mid range laptop ( ~$2000 or so ). It's been a while since I've been into hardware, and I've always been into desktop hardware in any case.

What are some of the better choices out there?

I would be looking for something that is a bit more rugged than the bottom end laptops, possibly with a video card for minor gaming.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
kyonpalm
Posted: Aug 8 2012, 04:51 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

Definitely avoid HP if you care about audio at all. The laptop I have (and many others in their lineup) have terrible issues with their proprietary audio software that makes inputs a living hell. I have never known more frustration and sheer anguish in the world of audio and sound than I have in dealing with the pure evil that is this laptop's sound setup.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
geekingod
Posted: Dec 8 2012, 10:32 PM

Shmuck

Group: Members
Member No.: 39,671

I like toshiba C850 for a cheap option if not then lenovo is the go
idforumsBMN
Posted: Dec 18 2019, 07:36 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 35,496

$2000 for a laptop??? Lol what??? There are a lot of cheap laptops that are powerful enough to satisfy all your needs, and, moreover, it's not needed to pay such a sum of money to get really worthy laptop for the money. For example, it was enough for me to buy one of these new laptop for studying (personally I bought Microsoft Surface Laptop for $1000 and remained satisfied). To be honest, there is a guide that helped me find a suitable laptop that I've been using for 2 years and have no issues.

(Link Removed)

This post has been edited by Perry on Dec 23 2019, 07:30 PM
Tessou
Posted: Dec 20 2019, 06:55 PM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

I really wonder what possessed you to post this 7 years after the conversation had ended. You were flagged in the system as being a bot, so I hope you can prove me wrong.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Nomake Wan
Posted: Dec 21 2019, 07:14 PM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

Look at the username and the formatting of the post. It's 1000% a bot. I'm more shocked that you didn't instantly ban and delete its post and instead decided to reply. You okay, my dude? blink.gif
Meteor
Posted: Dec 23 2019, 04:27 AM

Were you expecting something else?

Member No.: 20,929

Username looked familiar to me, and as I expected, post history shows the guy isn't a bot.
So it's not a spambot linking something ad-like. It's a human linking something ad-like.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Dec 25 2019, 09:25 PM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

Y'all seriously don't know about the rainbow list? It's not like this is the first time an old account got its credentials used to spam. This is spambot 101 stuff, my dudes.
Syth
Posted: Jun 12 2022, 03:43 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 52,992

I use HP. Served me pretty well.
martin75
Posted: Jun 22 2022, 02:47 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 53,131

If you are a programmer, I would strongly recommend going for a MacBook Air with 8GB/128GB base option. The MacBook you are talking about is MD101HNA mostly. and its pretty old with mechanical disc which is why you’re getting 500 GB of slow storage.
See: https://versuscomparison.com/

This post has been edited by martin75 on Jun 22 2022, 02:48 AM
khat17
Posted: Sep 25 2022, 12:26 PM

IDW SIMPLETON

Member No.: 17,668

More bots it seems. Maybe add some spam protection to the signup?