Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 7 unique listeners, playing Derreck Simons - Station to Station (B4 ZA Beat Remix)

Anime and Manga Forum Rules
• Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
• Use the Search function or read the Index of All Threads before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal or actual warning (if this rule is violated repeatedly).
• Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.
• Discussion of yaoi/yuri is permitted, however, posting any sexual content and material is strictly prohibited and will result in an actual warning.
• Please use spoiler tags when addressing a spoiler. Violating this rule may earn you a verbal warning. Please read this thread for more information on how to use spoiler tags.
• Please ensure that when posting images that the images are at a reasonable resolution (i.e. 640 x 480 and below) or that you use a thumbnail to link to the original sized image.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

32 Pages  1 2 3 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 179,313  ·  Replies: 776 
> Show off your Gundam Picture here!, u can share your gundam modeling photo with us here ^^
TigerZai
  Posted: Jul 2 2008, 07:31 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Group: Members
Member No.: 29,780

As topic ..I would like to see more gundam modeling photo. Thanks ~
Posted: Jul 2 2008, 10:11 AM

Hiretsuna rōjin

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 16,670

then i shall reply your request with my only model. the model is badly painted when compared to any other dedicated modelers. also the camera was sh&% so the resolution isnt the best.
had to paint this much cause it came with blue/greyish plastic
http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/9876/sm...itzfrontsn1.jpg
http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/3614/sm...itzback1ah1.jpg

with the purple paint and fine paint brush and got this getter result
http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/1746/re...itzback2ux4.jpg
http://xs.to/xs.php?h=xs129&d=08273&f=repa...tz_front225.jpg

the first 2 show no purple bc i thought it would make it look ok. then added purple but it came out pink then added the grey to get a better tone of purple. and its been like that ever since.

edit: do you have any tips on how to safely remove dried paint from the models? i messed up thered on sheild really badly. the paint was a bit too thin and i thought it wouldnt make much difference. clear spots showed up and i just patched them up. now it looks a desert of blood with dunes and hollows.

This post has been edited by 207 on Jul 2 2008, 10:24 AM
TigerZai
  Posted: Jul 2 2008, 05:58 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

do u know Tamiya Shop ? Toy City - Tamiya .
u try search from there or the place that selling gundam's paint , u try to ask them got paint remover ? something like that i think.. it can remove ur paint from the models.

But u need to slow slow do if not ur model will get in more terrible =.=''

Btw nice gundam u have... its 1/144 right ?
Posted: Jul 2 2008, 06:53 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

Member No.: 16,670

ty, yes its 144 but it sure doesnt go far in the mobility of the limbs sad.gif. i cant say i've heard about tamiya, i dont know if montreal even has it. the only paint removed i have is some varsal but i doubt its very model-friendly. the only time i used it was to remove some grey when the purple got too dark. i did cheat a bit to get the model to look that way. some red decals were falling off, so i used paint instead. the only decals on the model atm are 4 on the face: grey, red chin and 2 eyes. and that triangle between the yellow V

This post has been edited by 207 on Jul 2 2008, 07:07 PM
Kelvin
Posted: Jul 9 2008, 08:41 PM

!

Member No.: 24,344

What tip do you guys use for panel lines? I bought a 0.3 Fine tip art pen, it works fine on my HG Exia, but I couldnt get to some parts of it (arms and hands).

This post has been edited by Kyishi on Jul 9 2008, 08:41 PM
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jul 9 2008, 11:25 PM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

QUOTE (Kyishi @ Yesterday at 9:41 PM)
What tip do you guys use for panel lines? I bought a 0.3 Fine tip art pen, it works fine on my HG Exia, but I couldnt get to some parts of it (arms and hands).

Gundam Marker, fine tip, grey. I don't recommend using a black one because then the panel lines look way too dark and cartoony. A nice grey is dark enough to accentuate the line and light enough to not look silly.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Metamorphic
Posted: Jul 10 2008, 05:01 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 4,338

Yay finally a thread devoted to Gundam models awesome thread Tiger!

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Not a Gundam but my current project PG Evangelion Unit One in glossy paints

user posted image

Kelvin
Posted: Jul 10 2008, 10:26 AM

!

Here's my HG Exia and Throne Zwei. Haven't do any line detailing but I am practicing it on my NG kits yes.gif

user posted image

user posted image

Metamorphic: I like the Destiny biggrin.gif Does MG kits and above comes with the display stand?

This post has been edited by Kyishi on Jul 10 2008, 10:29 AM
Legend of Speed
Posted: Jul 10 2008, 02:14 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 1,483

Not all MG kits and above come with stand.

Old post from the other Gundam thread.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Not the greatest collection, but I stopped buying models like 2-3 years ago. I still have some models somewhere in my room.
Kitty
Posted: Jul 10 2008, 04:07 PM

Bad Luck

Member No.: 23,812

I've been posting in the modeller's thread, but since this one is only for Gundams I think I'll post some of mine in here.
Here's the stoic guardian of my domain:
user posted image
user posted image
I also have a completed Vayeate and a Tallgeese still in the box. I might post them later.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jul 10 2008, 09:28 PM

ShiMACHaze

Oh wow! I spy with my little eye someone who uses Testors enamel paints! Good on ya!!

Metamorphic: Is that the 1/60 Exia?

Here's my collection, updated as of today...

user posted image
From Top to Bottom: 1/144 HGUC Powered GM, 1/144 S-Gundam, 1/144 HGUC Blue Destiny Unit 3, 1/100 HG Deathscythe Hell Custom, 1/100 HG Gundam Double X, 1/144 Full Armor ZZ Gundam, 1/100 Gundam Virtue, 1/60 Gundam Exia, 1/60 Wing Gundam Zero, 1/60 Gundam F91.

user posted image
Master Grade Freedom Gundam, Master Grade v2.0 Zeta Gundam.

user posted image
Wing Gundam DX. Now a rare beast; makes me wish I'd gotten the other ones in the DX series too (God Gundam, GP01, GP02).

Woo. Will be building Deathscythe Hell Custom first, because I'll be giving it as a gift to my sister (it's her favorite Gundam).

This post has been edited by Nomake Wan on Jul 10 2008, 10:12 PM
Metamorphic
Posted: Jul 10 2008, 11:36 PM

IDW Goldmember

Hey Nomake thats the 1/144 Exia that comes with the GN Arms according to reviews its slightly more detailed and more articulate than the regular high grade.
Kitty
Posted: Jul 11 2008, 12:47 AM

Bad Luck

Member No.: 23,812

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ Yesterday at 11:28 PM)
Oh wow! I spy with my little eye someone who uses Testors enamel paints! Good on ya!!

Yep, Testors works pretty nicely for me, so I've stuck with it. They have a pretty good selection as far as color goes. It's a lot easier for me to find enamels as opposed to acrylics, and they tend to be cheaper too since they come in a smaller bottle. Also, I have a lot less thinner for acrylics. :/ Check out my collection:
user posted image
I snagged a whole bunch of acrylic Testors from a yard sale at like 10 cents a bottle, and they threw in the neat little carousel for free. :3

I suppose I'll post the boxes for my models too. I never throw them away it seems.
user posted image
The Hygog was purely in Japanese, so I had to guess on some parts as to the color and the arrangement since I can't read it. tongue.gif I think it turned out alright despite that. I think the Tallgeese is in Japanese too, but it has that silly English choking hazard sticker defacing the cover. Blegh.

Edit: Also, does that thing next to Wing Gundam DX run on plutonium? biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Kitty on Jul 11 2008, 12:51 AM
TigerZai
  Posted: Jul 11 2008, 01:03 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

wow u all got the nice gundam n skill ^^ keep on going ...~ i like the SD gundam .. so cute and very nice ... u pain it again urself ??

wow .. the destiny look cool .... its look like a real gundam hahaha..
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jul 11 2008, 03:02 AM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (Kitty @ Today at 1:47 AM)
Edit: Also, does that thing next to Wing Gundam DX run on plutonium? biggrin.gif

Wrong version. This one runs on a micronized fusion reactor powered by garbage. whistling.gif Awesome on the Testors though, that was my first paint back when I used to do Star Wars and Star Trek ships. I'm way more familiar with it, so I'll be using it when I go to do some of my gunpla.
Kelvin
Posted: Jul 11 2008, 03:42 AM

!

This guy does a lot of gunpla reviews and I find them great and informative.

https://youtube.com/user/Prime92

This post has been edited by Kyishi on Jul 11 2008, 03:42 AM
Metamorphic
Posted: Jul 11 2008, 05:23 AM

IDW Goldmember

QUOTE (Kyishi @ Today at 4:26 AM)
Metamorphic: I like the Destiny biggrin.gif Does MG kits and above comes with the display stand?

Kyishi: As Legend said not all MG Gundam models come with the stand but most the new ones are beginning to roll out with one these days. If you really want a stand you can consider getting the action base stands they should be at your hobby shop they have ones sized ideally for 1/100 and MG lines and a smaller version for the 1/144 and SD Range.

Tiger: Yep painting is essential makes the building process more enjoyable too.

In general im an enamel paint user as well but I use Tamiya because its what most the hobby stores stock here in Sydney.

Edit: It seems like the Destiny is the hot favourite from my collection here are somemore shots for you guys.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

You'll notice theres different decals on the left shoulder this is because when I was putting on the faith feather design whatever it is the decal rubbed off and left an ugly residue on the paintwork i had to respray the shoulder. I had some left over after market water decals from the MG Freedom so I put a Zaft logo on that shoulder instead.

The first one that begun my gundam collection MG Wing Zero Custom

user posted image

This post has been edited by Metamorphic on Jul 11 2008, 03:37 PM
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jul 11 2008, 04:17 PM

ShiMACHaze

Holy crap, you painted the nuts out of that Destiny! For a second I thought it was an "Extra Finish Version," but then I remembered that the "Wings of Light" version Destiny didn't have extra finish except on the joints/hands! I'm not a fan of the whole shiny finish thing--I actually prefer the standard colors with the "Wings of Light"--but you did an AMAZING job on it. Congratulations.
The New Guy
Posted: Jul 11 2008, 04:55 PM

wandering idiot

Member No.: 24,420

*drool* dribble.gif WOW omg, very very very well done. *shocked* Am I talking to a Gundam God?
Metamorphic
Posted: Jul 11 2008, 05:18 PM

IDW Goldmember

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ Today at 10:17 AM)
Holy crap, you painted the nuts out of that Destiny! For a second I thought it was an "Extra Finish Version," but then I remembered that the "Wings of Light" version Destiny didn't have extra finish except on the joints/hands! I'm not a fan of the whole shiny finish thing--I actually prefer the standard colors with the "Wings of Light"--but you did an AMAZING job on it. Congratulations.

Nomake: Its really boring seeing everything in plain colours even if they are fully painted I like to experiment thats what makes building models fun!!! Im glad my Shiny Destiny managed to catch your attention haha

New Guy: Im by far not a gundam god theres still lots of people out there better than me but thanks for your kind comment.

This is the skill level I aspire to achieve though...

user posted image

This post has been edited by Metamorphic on Jul 11 2008, 05:46 PM
The New Guy
Posted: Jul 11 2008, 06:52 PM

wandering idiot

Well I can't be saying stuff with out showing off some of my noob handy work please tell me where I need to improve on please smile.gif

user posted image

user posted image

This post has been edited by The New Guy on Jul 11 2008, 06:52 PM
Kelvin
Posted: Jul 11 2008, 09:12 PM

!

Is that MG? I couldn't really tell the difference between Strike Freedom and Freedom, looks too similar.

But your Freedom looks nice, don't worry wink2.gif
The New Guy
Posted: Jul 11 2008, 09:25 PM

wandering idiot

Thanks and to your shocking surprise it's a HG!
Kelvin
Posted: Jul 11 2008, 10:32 PM

!

wow..nice camera angle for making it look huge smile.gif
TigerZai
  Posted: Jul 11 2008, 11:59 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

WOW.. GOOD WORK Metamorphic ... i wonder how u make ur destiny look like real .. u using tamiya paint also ? ( i use tamiya n gundam paint together ) depends.. XD

its my 1st time like destiny gundam after i saw ur gundam pic

32 Pages  1 2 3 »