Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing m.o.v.e - U.S.A.

Important Rules
• Please do NOT post knowingly false information. Violators will be issued an actual warning.
• Please do NOT copy and paste articles from other websites. Link and short description is ok, but please do not copy and paste pages of info. Violator will be issued a verbal warning.
• Do NOT post any torrents and/or links to pirated copies of software here. Violator will be issued a verbal warning.
• Discussions about illegal materials such as ROMs, WAREZ and methods of copying copyrighted materials are not encouraged in this subforum.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

2 Pages  1 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 5,856  ·  Replies: 26 
> The Official iPhone Thread
Steve
    Posted: Apr 23 2010, 06:13 AM

IDW Saiyan

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 1,205

I know there is an Apple thread but I think the iPhone deserves it's own thread.

How many of you have an iPhone? I'm with Verizon right now and I'm having a bit of trouble with them. I've been doing some research and I'm seriously considering getting a 16G 3GS. It would be $90 a months plus I get a 15% discount off my phone bill since I work for my city.However, I've heard from others to wait out a couple months; there is rumor of a new iPhone coming out this summer (Apple hasn't announced anything). Should I go ahead and wait or treat myself with one of these glorious things? How's ATT (compared to Verizon for those who have made that switch)?

Feel free to discuss freely about everything and anything regarding the iPhone.
Möbius
Posted: Apr 23 2010, 06:29 AM

IDW Top Poster

Member No.: 3,524

Still belongs on the techie section, and most of the iPhone related stuff is contained in the Apple thread.

Even info about the new iPhone. wink2.gif

*Moved to tech section*
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Shirogane
Posted: Apr 23 2010, 06:41 AM

SCREEEEEEECHING INTENSIFIES

Member No.: 17,722

Does it matter if it's jailbroken/unlocked/etc.? tongue.gif

But in all fairness, I own an 8GB iPhone 3G, and tbh, it's basically the best $100 I spent. happy.gif

If only the outside wasn't nearly scratched/damaged to hell in some places, however. sad.gif
Möbius
Posted: Apr 23 2010, 06:44 AM

IDW Top Poster

I would wait for the new one in Steve's case. Better cam + flash would be worth waiting for.
BOZZ
Posted: Apr 23 2010, 07:08 AM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Member No.: 1,414

I don't usually agree with Apex Carver, but I will agree with him this time. I'd wait for the new one to come out this summer...
Jerry Liu
Posted: Apr 23 2010, 07:33 AM

I <333 Taylor Swift!!!

Member No.: 29,300

They're not gonna put Flash in the iPhone. People will manipulate it and get free apps and shit without having to jailbreak. If anything, Adobe will probably put in an app similar to Flash.
Möbius
Posted: Apr 23 2010, 07:37 AM

IDW Top Poster

QUOTE (Jerry Liu @ 3 minutes, 34 seconds ago)
They're not gonna put Flash in the iPhone. People will manipulate it and get free apps and shit without having to jailbreak. If anything, Adobe will probably put in an app similar to Flash.

Flash as in camera flash. wink2.gif

QUOTE (BOZZY)
I don't usually agree with Apex Carver, but I will agree with him this time.

Agree when you actually agree, not for political purposes. tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Apex Carver on Apr 23 2010, 07:39 AM
Jerry Liu
Posted: Apr 23 2010, 07:44 AM

I <333 Taylor Swift!!!

Oh, whoops. My bad, lol.

But my biggest gripe with the iPhone is that they're always behind on everything. Took them two years to get video, a year to get MMS, and now 3 years to get multitasking.
M3D1C
Posted: Apr 23 2010, 07:46 AM

Minister Of Health

Member No.: 2,578

iPhone 4g coming soon!... rumors but most likely, anyway I have an iPhone 3gS that I absolutely love, i got it for the apps and music while im bored at work (shut up, don't judge me biggrin.gif) and especially for music while I deploy (16g isnt that much, but I only load music that I love on it and thats less than 16g)
Möbius
Posted: Apr 23 2010, 07:48 AM

IDW Top Poster

QUOTE (Jerry Liu @ 3 minutes, 22 seconds ago)
Oh, whoops. My bad, lol.

But my biggest gripe with the iPhone is that they're always behind on everything. Took them two years to get video, a year to get MMS, and now 3 years to get multitasking.

Yeah, that's what I was posting in the Apple thread.

The new hardware changes are stuff that other smartphones had years ago.
M3D1C
Posted: Apr 23 2010, 07:57 AM

Minister Of Health

Would this be the appropriate place to talk about APPS? Because... if anyone knows any good ones, whether its games, or functional apps such as anything good, I would like to know of some
Möbius
Posted: Apr 23 2010, 07:59 AM

IDW Top Poster

QUOTE (M3D1C @ 1 minute, 29 seconds ago)
Would this be the appropriate place to talk about APPS? Because... if anyone knows any good ones, whether its games, or functional apps such as anything good, I would like to know of some

If it gets too busy I can always just split it to be a separate app thread. wink2.gif
M3D1C
Posted: Apr 23 2010, 08:24 AM

Minister Of Health

Well, I will start...

Game

Multiplayer

Internet required

Price - FREE
------------------------------------
"Urban Rivals"

BUILD your team, LEVEL UP your characters and CHALLENGE thousands of players.

Welcome to Clint City! Chaos has been rampant for way too long as each clan wants to seize control of the city. It's time to put an end to all this craziness. Do you have what it takes to become the new Master of the city?

Urban Rivals is a multiplayer strategic game, already ranked in RPG Top 10 in Germany, Canada, Netherlands, France, Spain, Italy, Portugal...

Discover hundreds of custom designed characters who gain experience after each fight, improve their stats, unlock powerful abilities and change their physical appearance as they level up.

Join tournaments, win prizes, trade characters and complete missions.

Your 1st mission: Download the app and register for FREE right now!

FEATURES
- Intense and strategic fights
- Over 500 available characters
- Many game modes
- In game tutorial to easily learn the rules of the game
- A market to trade your characters with other players
- 8 million registered users means you'll find thousands of opponents online 24/7

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Urban rivals is the only "trading card game" that has kept me interested, it's pretty straight forward.

Urban rivals is more of an adult oriented card game (non sexual) the cards arn't cute little characters or fuzzy animals, they are "Thugs, Criminals" and so on.

Each player starts with 12 health points, and 12 "Pillz" which I will get more on in a second.

Each card has an "Attack" and "Damage" rating. "Attack" is what is used to win the
fight, "Damage" is how much damage you do to the opponents Health points points if your card wins the fight.

Each card also has an "Ability" and a "Bonus", The ability is a special stat that said card has (not all cards have abilities) the ability can be many things, for example, (-5 opponent attack) or (+2 Life) The first being, -5 of your opponents attack points, or +2 life to your overall health points if you win the card fight.

"Bonus" is if in your current hand, you have 2 cards of the same "Clan" (more on that later) If you possess to cards from the clan "Watu" each card in that clan will get +2 attack, meaning their base attack +2 (if a base attack is 5, it will then be 7)

So it is best to keep a theme with your cards based on 1 or 2 clans per saved deck setup (there is a great number of clans each with their own unique bonuses), bonuses play a huge role in winning fights and ultimately the whole match.

Now, each "Turn" is used by playing a card and selecting how many "Pillz" to use... Now pillz is the multiplier in the game. Its Pillz x Attack = how much Attack your current card has... So for example...a card with 5 attack and 3 damage is played (no ability or bonus will be used for example purposes).... you then have to select how many pillz you will use to counter your opponents attack..

Say you choose to use 3 pillz. That will be 5 attack x 3 pillz = 15 attack points

Whoever plays first, their card will be shown as played (will not show how many pillz is used but opponent will be able to see your card and its abilities or bonuses to determine how to play his card)

If your opponent then plays a card with 7 attack and 1 Damage, playing 2 pillz.. that is 7 X 2 = 14 attack points againts your 15 attack points... YOU will win the card fight, and end up doing your cards DAMAGE to your opponents LIFE points.. so you did 3 damage to your opponents total 12 life points leaving him with 9 life points for the rest of the fights...

At the beginning of each round round between fights, each person will gain +1 pillz to be used.

At the end of the match your cards gain experience points, and with enough, gain levels. Each card has a certain max level to reach, and with level gains comes more ATTACK points and DAMAGE points on cards, and if your card has it, comes an ABILITY based on the level (cards are ranged from levels 1-6)

Your cards appearance changes based on level, from a weak looking thug, to a strong arm mobster at max level.

Each game is played with 4 cards per person, randomly based on how you chose to build your deck, (must have a minimum of 8 cards in a deck).
----------------------------------------------------------------------
That's my whole intro and my take on the game, it seems complicated but as soon as you play you are thrown into a tutorial game with the CPU, and its quite fun, it can be played between commercials in your favorite show, or for hours at a time (matches usually last between 2-4 mins)

I highly recommend this to anyone that enjoys competitive games

*edit* added price to the header and added pictures

This post has been edited by M3D1C on Apr 23 2010, 08:34 AM
BOZZ
Posted: Apr 23 2010, 08:51 AM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Member No.: 1,414

That is quite the review you wrote up... I was just going to recommend the Showtimes app for movie showtimes and TweetDeck for Twitter. Both are pretty versatile and get the job done for what they are meant to do.

The one thing I do like though, with the iPhone, is that you can leave a bookmark of a web page as an "app".
am3pkcet
Posted: Apr 23 2010, 11:15 AM

IDASv3 > IDAS4

Member No.: 2,853

QUOTE (Steve @ 5 hours, 2 minutes ago)
I know there is an Apple thread but I think the iPhone deserves it's own thread.

How many of you have an iPhone? I'm with Verizon right now and I'm having a bit of trouble with them. I've been doing some research and I'm seriously considering getting a 16G 3GS. It would be $90 a months plus I get a 15% discount off my phone bill since I work for my city.However, I've heard from others to wait out a couple months; there is rumor of a new iPhone coming out this summer (Apple hasn't announced anything). Should I go ahead and wait or treat myself with one of these glorious things? How's ATT (compared to Verizon for those who have made that switch)?

Feel free to discuss freely about everything and anything regarding the iPhone.

What about Verizon are you having trouble with? Coverage and service by me (southern California) is outstanding (especially compared to AT&T and Sprint, locally). Plus the new Droid Incredible is due out in just a few days and looks absolutely amazing. Keep your options open.
Steve
  Posted: Apr 23 2010, 03:44 PM

IDW Saiyan

Well, The fact that Verizon doesn't give discounts bothers me. Their phones tend to not last as long for me and always tend to give me problems. Service is fine for me so I'm not complaining about that. Plus, I really wanted an iPhone.

I couldn't wait. I bought a 16Gig 3GS and I love it.
Möbius
Posted: Apr 23 2010, 07:59 PM

IDW Top Poster

What the heck man, less than 24 hours into the thread... laugh.gif

j/k of course. smile.gif
Steve
  Posted: Apr 23 2010, 09:24 PM

IDW Saiyan

I know. I cracked. I'm loving it so far. I'm slowly picking up on apps. I really hope they jailbreak the version 3.1.3. There is so much I want to do with it.
Shirogane
Posted: Apr 23 2010, 09:27 PM

SCREEEEEEECHING INTENSIFIES

Member No.: 17,722

QUOTE (Steve @ 3 minutes, 5 seconds ago)
I know. I cracked. I'm loving it so far. I'm slowly picking up on apps. I really hope they jailbreak the version 3.1.3. There is so much I want to do with it.

I don't know if that will ever come true...

I'm more annoyed enough about having to keep my iPhone the way it is: 3.1.1.

And aren't they releasing 4.0 after that? blink.gif
am3pkcet
Posted: Apr 23 2010, 09:37 PM

IDASv3 > IDAS4

QUOTE (Steve @ 11 minutes, 33 seconds ago)

Not trying to sound like a broken record, but you probably would have been greatly satisfied with an Android phone tongue.gif
Möbius
Posted: Apr 23 2010, 10:48 PM

IDW Top Poster

QUOTE (am3pkcet @ 1 hour, 11 minutes ago)
Not trying to sound like a broken record, but you probably would have been greatly satisfied with an Android phone tongue.gif

I think my next phone is going to be an Android phone. Been looking at Nexus One...
Steve
  Posted: Apr 24 2010, 09:11 AM

IDW Saiyan

I heard they were releasing an update in June, which is why some people speculate that the 4G is being released this summer.
am3pkcet, I've played with the Android a couple of times but wasn't too convinced to buy one.
am3pkcet
Posted: Apr 24 2010, 10:07 AM

IDASv3 > IDAS4

QUOTE (Apex Carver @ Yesterday, 11:48 PM)
I think my next phone is going to be an Android phone. Been looking at Nexus One...

From what I read, the Incredible is in every way better than the Nexus One. But again, it all depends on what network you are on. AFAIK, Nexus One is only t-mobile and Incredible is only verizon.

QUOTE (Steve @ 41 minutes, 0 seconds ago)
am3pkcet, I've played with the Android a couple of times but wasn't too convinced to buy one.

Which is funny since it does pretty much everything an iPhone can do, but since it's OS is open source, you aren't bound by Apple's proprietary limitations. The only problem with the Droid phones is they don't have the tidal wave of hyped up marketing and press behind them like Apple does. I don't want to sound preachy, I just get this every day from people who buy iPhones and complain about things it can't do; but then laugh or scoff at the idea of having ANY other phone, because its not an iPhone.

This post has been edited by am3pkcet on Apr 24 2010, 10:08 AM
Alex
Posted: Apr 24 2010, 10:25 AM

OG Member

Member No.: 111

Whenever/if I step into the smartphone market, I think I'd also choose Android. Not to mention there's an actual selection of Android phones.
But that doesn't mean I'm not hella excited for you to have an iPhone, Stevo! We can send each other pics now!!

This post has been edited by Alex on Apr 24 2010, 10:26 AM
Jerry Liu
Posted: Apr 24 2010, 10:41 AM

I <333 Taylor Swift!!!

QUOTE (am3pkcet @ 34 minutes, 19 seconds ago)
Nexus One is only t-mobile

No, it's not. It's also on AT&T.

By the way,
YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yO2KQHkt4A )

2 Pages  1 2