Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 7 unique listeners, playing Elliott Yamin - Wait For You

3 Pages  1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 16,705  ·  Replies: 64 
> Twin Turbo Idea, Input from the turbo experts wanted
Möbius
Posted: Nov 13 2010, 09:08 AM

IDW Top Poster

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 3,524

QUOTE (chillined @ 7 hours, 27 minutes ago)
And besides I looked it up, and it was true.

That makes it look like you assumed I said it was untrue. Otherwise, it doesn't make any sense to say that. unamused.gif

You said the content was confusing, and I disagree.

Heck I didn't even do that. Please go back and read it again. I disagreed with a single comment out of the whole thing.

awesome.gif

This post has been edited by Möbius on Nov 13 2010, 09:11 AM
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
chillined
  Posted: Nov 13 2010, 11:01 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 23,552

Okay, first of all, who says that I was directing that at you? Did I quote you with my response? No, so obviously I was saying it in general to furthermore reinforce sideway's statement. Not that it was needed, but I felt like I had to. And you said that the way he worded it was "hard to understand" so it COULD be confusing to some people, when he was trying to explain that pressure difference will always try to equal out each other or that pressure differences will always go to high -> low, therefore air movement.
Möbius
Posted: Nov 13 2010, 11:45 AM

IDW Top Poster

QUOTE (chillined @ 43 minutes, 25 seconds ago)
Okay, first of all, who says that I was directing that at you? Did I quote you with my response? No, so obviously I was saying it in general to furthermore reinforce sideway's statement. Not that it was needed, but I felt like I had to. And you said that the way he worded it was "hard to understand" so it COULD be confusing to some people, when he was trying to explain that pressure difference will always try to equal out each other or that pressure differences will always go to high -> low, therefore air movement.

Rage? awesome.gif

Stay classy IDWF.

Go back and reread the thread please. Apparently , it was confusing enough to you, since even though I directly quoted the exact sentence, you are still saying I aimed it at the whole post.

I really should have left this alone, IDWF is clearly not the place for logical discussion.
MattW
Posted: Nov 13 2010, 12:21 PM

VOLVO For Life.

Member No.: 23,273

I can tell you're enjoying the new smileys, Apex, haha. awesome.gif
chillined
  Posted: Nov 13 2010, 12:55 PM

IDW Goldmember

I hardly call that rage, but okay, whatever you say, ex-admin. awesome.gif
And no, IDWF isn't a great place to have a logical conversation, at least it's really hard to have one. This thread was doing fine, 'till you came in.
You quoted this:
QUOTE (sideways)
If you have the same psi, you are moving the same amount of air.  Air ONLY moves if/when theres is a pressure difference.

And you said that the second part was "hard to understand". And I disagreed. Now this is what I said.
QUOTE (Me)
And you said that the way he worded it was "hard to understand" so it COULD be confusing to some people, when he was trying to explain that pressure difference will always try to equal out each other or that pressure differences will always go to high -> low, therefore air movement.

Is that what he pretty much said, but longer?

This post has been edited by chillined on Nov 13 2010, 01:01 PM
Möbius
Posted: Nov 13 2010, 08:25 PM

IDW Top Poster

QUOTE (chillined @ 7 hours, 30 minutes ago)
I hardly call that rage, but okay, whatever you say, ex-admin. awesome.gif
And no, IDWF isn't a great place to have a logical conversation, at least it's really hard to have one. This thread was doing fine, 'till you came in.
You quoted this:

Is that what he pretty much said, but longer?

Hey, I wasn't the one who got hurt over something that I'm not exactly sure of... awesome.gif

And it was fine until everyone got defensive, again, of something that I'm not exactly sure of.

(Although I do have to add that before the point "I came in" , there was exactly one post that had relevant insight, and that was sideways'. How can you have a logical discussion , with one post alone, and as soon as there is something to discuss, like my post, everyone goes " no, you're wrong" without even reading the post? )

So you might as well stop trying to blame me for something that you're more part of than myself.

Also, the ex-admin remark, is that supposed to be an insult? laugh.gif

I am not sure where all this agressiveness is coming from.

My previous comment still stands, stay classy man. awesome.gif

Nomake Wan
Posted: Nov 13 2010, 11:11 PM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

chillined, don't bother arguing with Apex Carver. Arguing with him is like injuring a Saiyan. You think you can make a point and he argues it. So eventually you get tired and decide, "Screw this, I'll just try to back out gracefully" and he argues with that too. The only good thing to do when it goes into a semantic loop is to just laugh and let him have it. He hates that. awesome.gif
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Möbius
Posted: Nov 13 2010, 11:13 PM

IDW Top Poster

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 2 minutes, 40 seconds ago)
chillined, don't bother arguing with Apex Carver. Arguing with him is like injuring a Saiyan. You think you can make a point and he argues it. So eventually you get tired and decide, "Screw this, I'll just try to back out gracefully" and he argues with that too. The only good thing to do when it goes into a semantic loop is to just laugh and let him have it. He hates that. awesome.gif

There was no point made though, other than "I don't think it is confusing". If there's no point made other than "no you're wrong", it's not an argument, is it? awesome.gif
sideways
Posted: Nov 14 2010, 11:41 AM

We're the People's Front of Judea!

Member No.: 1,355

Lets clarify here. You said it might be confusing for some people because it was irrelevant and might make it hard to visualize (Well ignore the topic of relevance, ill just bypass this and say i added it because i thought it was interesting while on the subject of air moving).

All of these people are adding themselves to the "It wasnt for them" pile. user posted image

This post has been edited by sideways on Nov 14 2010, 03:59 PM
chillined
  Posted: Nov 14 2010, 01:54 PM

IDW Goldmember

Thank you, jeez, that's what I was saying for the past freakin' posts.
Möbius
Posted: Nov 14 2010, 08:51 PM

IDW Top Poster

QUOTE (sideways @ 9 hours, 10 minutes ago)
Lets clarify here. You said it might be confusing for some people because it was irrelevant and might make it hard to visualize (Well ignore the topic of relevance, ill just bypass this and say i added it because i thought it was interesting while on the subject of air moving).

All of these people are adding themselves to the "It wasnt for them" pile. https://idforums.net/html/emoticons/awesome.gif

There's no misunderstanding about that part.

Said people would not be part of the group who would fall under the "might get confused" part.

The part I don't get is how I get accused of thread bombing, how it gets construed as if I said the whole post was hard to understand, how someone thought to insult me with the ex-admin comment ( it's not an insult btw, I stepped down myself ), and how it was necessary to tell me that "besides, it's true".

If it was merely people posting that they weren't confused by it, none of the above would have been posted.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Nov 14 2010, 09:26 PM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

QUOTE (Möbius @ 34 minutes, 17 seconds ago)
If it was merely people posting that they weren't confused by it, none of the above would have been posted.

QUOTE (Nomake Wan)
I didn't write it and it wasn't confusing for me. blink.gif I thought it was laid out pretty simply.

Um... assuming 'the above' refers to all the posting that happened, then I believe this quote from the beginning of it pretty much tosses that belief out the window. ermm2.gif
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Möbius
Posted: Nov 14 2010, 09:59 PM

IDW Top Poster

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 33 minutes, 13 seconds ago)
Um... assuming 'the above' refers to all the posting that happened, then I believe this quote from the beginning of it pretty much tosses that belief out the window. ermm2.gif

Wasn't referring to you at all, just didn't want to call names out.
Jardim
Posted: Nov 15 2010, 07:39 AM

Willing to throw 5's on the blunt your smoking.

Member No.: 15,519

Apex, if your this bored....go pilot the Integrale
Möbius
Posted: Nov 15 2010, 09:35 AM

IDW Top Poster

QUOTE (Jardim @ 1 hour, 56 minutes ago)
Apex, if your this bored....go pilot the Integrale

Good idea, no time this week though. sad.gif