Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing Yuzo Koshiro - Until The Excitement Cools Down

Important Rules
• Please do NOT post knowingly false information. Violators will be issued an actual warning.
• Please do NOT copy and paste articles from other websites. Link and short description is ok, but please do not copy and paste pages of info. Violator will be issued a verbal warning.
• Do NOT post any torrents and/or links to pirated copies of software here. Violator will be issued a verbal warning.
• Discussions about illegal materials such as ROMs, WAREZ and methods of copying copyrighted materials are not encouraged in this subforum.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 2,399  ·  Replies: 10 
> Invisible Cloack Thing*(REAL!)*, Metal Gear Solid type stuff. .
SiGNAL*
  Posted: Feb 7 2003, 07:10 PM

Rotary Power

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 166

CRAZY!! ohmy.gif

http://www.star.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp/projects/M...EDIA/xv/oc.html

what are your thoughts about it??
killerenergy
Posted: Feb 7 2003, 07:30 PM

Hi!

Member No.: 152

holy shit that one pic really looked as you could see that red suv behind it.
S15-guy
Posted: Feb 7 2003, 08:56 PM

dampachi!

Member No.: 177

if that is true, then it is awesome, but I am not convinced that is not a man standing in front of a projector

*EDIT* I just watched the other vids, with the skeleton and the X'tavision thing, now i am convinced!

Alex
Posted: Feb 7 2003, 09:24 PM

OG Member

Member No.: 111

QUOTE (S15-guy @ Feb 7 2003, 11:53 PM)
if that is true, then it is awesome, but I am not convinced that is not a man standing in front of a projector

user posted image there is a projector.
"This idea is very simple. If you project background image onto the masked object, you can observe the masked object just as if it were virtually transparent.
This shows the principle of the optical camouflage using X'tal Vision. You can select camouflaged object to cover with retroreflector. Moreover, to project a stereoscopic image, the observer looks at the masking object more transparent.
Optical camouflage can be applied for a real scene. In the case of a real scene, a photograph of the scene is taken from the operators viewpoint, and this photograph is projected to exactly the same place as the original. Actually, applying HMP-based optical camouflage to a real scene requires image-based rendering techniques."
read the bold. it isnt real.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Alex
Posted: Feb 7 2003, 09:32 PM

OG Member

Member No.: 111

Ive just watched the skeleton one and they have a fake skelton being projected onto the paper. maybe a special projection lens that projects only onto that specific material(in this case the paper). i dont believe they truly see through the person.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
SiGNAL*
  Posted: Feb 7 2003, 10:37 PM

Rotary Power

yea it is real, dont lie
Edit, u arent invisible, like transparent, wut it does it take the image thats on the other side of u and transfers it to other side. i wonder how they did that mirror one tho!! that waz crazy as hell!

S15-guy
Posted: Feb 7 2003, 11:43 PM

dampachi!

no doubt it is awesome, but u cant press a button on you watch and dissappear. I want that!

I thought the skeleton was the coolest by far
karasac
Posted: Feb 7 2003, 11:47 PM

Rotary Disciple

Member No.: 11

its real, ive seen a demo of it before, but what the military wants is something more like what snake wears in the game
S15-guy
Posted: Feb 7 2003, 11:58 PM

dampachi!

how cool would that be? Just imagine how many peeping toms there would be though! Maybe you would have to get some form out infra-red/heat vision camera outside your bedroom window.
|[ .tainted. ]|
Posted: Feb 8 2003, 03:37 AM

IDforum OG member

Member No.: 141

QUOTE (S15-guy @ Feb 8 2003, 02:55 AM)
how cool would that be? Just imagine how many peeping toms there would be though! Maybe you would have to get some form out infra-red/heat vision camera outside your bedroom window.

gee... what a first impression idea laugh.gif
SiGNAL*
  Posted: Feb 9 2003, 02:04 AM

Rotary Power

haha, could do some AWESOME CKy/Jackass stuff with that!!! hahahahaha