Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 3 unique listeners, playing Speedman - Speed Lover

Important Rules
• Do not post any obscene material. (i.e. - nudity, explicit graphic situations ... etc.)
• Put a viewer discretion somewhere in your topic title / description when posting topic(s) that others might find offensive. (i.e. - Not Work Safe, PG13 ... etc.)

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

375 Pages  « 368 369 370 371 372 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 696,913  ·  Replies: 9,367 
> Recent Purchase, What have you bought lately
xiao
Posted: Jan 7 2018, 09:25 PM

moon bunny

Group: XIAO
Member No.: 13,323

QUOTE (kafz @ 5 hours, 40 minutes ago)
I bought this phone case from wish lol ..

Only REAL Tanooki Fujiwara'z iNGROOVE their iPhones with Eurobeats lyrics yo!user posted image

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 5376 x 3024. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

SPOILER
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
kafz
Posted: Jan 8 2018, 12:44 AM

IDW Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 49,367

QUOTE (xiao @ 3 hours, 19 minutes ago)
Only REAL Tanooki Fujiwara'z iNGROOVE their iPhones with Eurobeats lyrics yo!http://www.emoticons.free.fr/smileys/Action-Smoke/smoke2.gif

http://imgur.com/YbVyC09.jpg
SPOILER

Nah way too cheap for that lol. I'll take my $8 wish phone case

SPOILER
Posted: Jan 27 2018, 10:16 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 16,670

LOL, the page number matches my most previous purchase. i ordered an WOLO 370 horn that's close to the sound the RoadRunner makes (the 1970s car and cartoon). it a slightly higher pitch without the muted tone of the original RoadRunner horn but it will do well. its supposed to come Feb 2nd and i cant wait to be able to put it on my car.

its not the original factory 6V model reproduction but it will be louder than my current stock horn.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1024 x 455. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

This post has been edited by 207 on Jan 27 2018, 10:52 PM
xiao
  Posted: Feb 3 2018, 05:23 PM

moon bunny

.. finally got the spats to match my sports bra's ~ awesome.gif

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 4838 x 2722. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

SPOILER
Skylxne
Posted: Feb 12 2018, 12:49 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 49,592

Cat ear headphones from wish lmao
APX
Posted: Feb 12 2018, 10:25 PM

Join the Empire today! Or die, rebel scum!

Member No.: 1,473

user posted image

Size 11 1/2. Shoe companies are weird, i'm either 11 1/2 or up to 12 1/2 depending on the brand.

BUT!

How do people feel about New Balance? My first purchase of the brand, felt comfy as hell and had traction (Was trying this new Fila one that I was slipping on the floor at the store with, these felt good)

What other brands with you recommend? Just everyday stuff. I might go to a specialized shoe store once I get into running or such way later on.
xiao
Posted: Feb 15 2018, 03:25 PM

moon bunny

QUOTE (APX @ Feb 12 2018, 11:25 PM)
How do people feel about New Balance? My first purchase of the brand, felt comfy as hell and had traction ..

★ Short answer:The man makes the clothes ~ not the other way around .. anything you're comfortable in is the right shoe.

★ Long answer:You got a pretty good shoe .. the 460v2 is a great all around sneaker ~ it's sturdy enough for exercising & light enough as a casual .. the sole is super comfy and the design is not too outrageous but still stylish.

The only thing I'd recommend is going to Finish Line and get some white laces to switch it up & make it a bit more unique ~ it'll accent the white bottom and the N logo just enough to make it look cool.

As for sneaks I like to wear:

Skating - Vans SK8-Hi
Dancing - Vans Old Skool
Cosplay - Adidas Powerblaze
Running - Nike Zoom Streak 6 Unisex
Driving - Nike Flex Experience RN 6 (wide)
Casual - New Balance 501's w/ the ripple bottom

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 5376 x 3024. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

★ tl;dr:The New Balance 501's are perfect ~
Tessou
Posted: Feb 15 2018, 04:46 PM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

QUOTE (APX @ Feb 13 2018, 02:25 AM)
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/ima...3nL._SX355_.jpg

Size 11 1/2. Shoe companies are weird, i'm either 11 1/2 or up to 12 1/2 depending on the brand.

BUT!

How do people feel about New Balance? My first purchase of the brand, felt comfy as hell and had traction (Was trying this new Fila one that I was slipping on the floor at the store with, these felt good)

What other brands with you recommend? Just everyday stuff. I might go to a specialized shoe store once I get into running or such way later on.

Asics, then move up to Onitsuka Tiger.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
xiao
Posted: Feb 15 2018, 06:36 PM

moon bunny

QUOTE (Tessou @ 1 hour, 37 minutes ago)

★ MADNESS!Those are pure sudoku driving shoes!user posted image

Only the foot of a GOD can wear the Serrano's .. or it's older brother the Mexico 666's ~ MAD LAD I tell you!user posted image

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 800 x 434. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.
Spaz
Posted: Feb 15 2018, 09:14 PM

Just a guy towing a car across the country to chase a dream.
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 30,193

I need to buy some actual racing shoes so I can care less about materials when I next go shoe shopping. Shoes used in competition should generally be leather due to its reduced flammability, and of course most of what's out there now has canvas or mesh... Thanks shoe market.
umustwait101
Posted: Feb 15 2018, 10:36 PM

Osaka-kun

Member No.: 45,912

QUOTE (Spaz @ 1 hour, 22 minutes ago)
I need to buy some actual racing shoes so I can care less about materials when I next go shoe shopping. Shoes used in competition should generally be leather due to its reduced flammability, and of course most of what's out there now has canvas or mesh... Thanks shoe market.

A pair of white loafers?
APX
Posted: Feb 15 2018, 10:52 PM

Join the Empire today! Or die, rebel scum!

Member No.: 1,473

QUOTE (Tessou @ 6 hours, 5 minutes ago)

They had a few pairs around the same price (Big 5 had a sale going on wee) but they felt a bit uncomfortable. Guess i'll look around more next time.
xiao
Posted: Feb 16 2018, 01:00 AM

moon bunny

QUOTE (Spaz @ 3 hours, 33 minutes ago)
.. and of course most of what's out there now has canvas or mesh... Thanks shoe market.

.. and suede and cloth and plastic and a whole bunch of other stuff that's not very flame resistant in the name of fashion!user posted image

Jeez Louise they're forking expensive!user posted image

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1200 x 640. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.
Spaz
Posted: Feb 16 2018, 10:04 PM

Just a guy towing a car across the country to chase a dream.
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 30,193

QUOTE (xiao @ Yesterday, 4:00 AM)
.. and suede and cloth and plastic and a whole bunch of other stuff that's not very flame resistant in the name of fashion!https://idforums.net/html/emoticons/laugh.gif

Jeez Louise they're forking expensive!https://idforums.net/html/emoticons/frog.gif

http://imgur.com/rzXO193.jpg

Suede is actually fine. I used to have a pair of skate shoes I'd wear in the car. Stuff that takes a bit to ignite is acceptable, versus material that just straight up burns. Race suits themselves aren't completely fireproof, the rating on them tells you how many seconds it can be in direct contact with flame before it ignites itself.

Alpinestars stuff is on the expensive end of the spectrum. I've got a local business that I get a fair discount at where all they do is safety gear. When the time comes I can get out the door with shoes for $100-150... No more than for a pair of nice dress shoes.

This post has been edited by Spaz on Feb 16 2018, 10:05 PM
xiao
Posted: Feb 17 2018, 03:19 AM

moon bunny

QUOTE (Spaz @ 4 hours, 57 minutes ago)
Suede is actually fine. I used to have a pair of skate shoes I'd wear in the car ..

In high school I used to get the [CCS] catalogue & wore a pair of different skate shoes every year. My freshman year I had some Etnies, sophomore year I wore Osiris, junior year I had got some old school Adidas Kobe shoes that kind of looked like elf boots and weren't really meant for skating laugh.gif .. and my senior year I had a really comfy pair of DC shoes.

As an EMT I wore 5.11 or Under Armor boots ~ which I'm sure Tessou's probably familiar with ~ but I always wanted to take them off and wear comfy New Balances like the nurses I'd see at the ER!

For daily driving I really like any Nike running shoe with a thin sole/bottom ~ those Alpinestars or Sparco or Momo racing shoes look too tight for getting groceries ~ user posted image
Shirogane
Posted: Feb 28 2018, 07:13 PM

SCREEEEEEECHING INTENSIFIES

Member No.: 17,722

New card since the old one went kaput. Took a long while for a new one, though!
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 960 x 720. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

And close to MSRP, too ($500).
JeffreySoftbark
Posted: Mar 23 2018, 09:42 AM

DJ Pon-2

Member No.: 48,221

Just Purchased Super Eurobeat Vol. 44 happy.gif
JeffreySoftbark
Posted: Mar 28 2018, 04:39 AM

DJ Pon-2

Member No.: 48,221

More purchases

MLP movie Fluttershy ~Sea Pony~ Pop! Vinyl

Care Bears Cheer Bear Pop! Vinyl

Dead Rising Remastered (Xbox one)

pretty random shopping trip LOL

This post has been edited by JeffreySoftbark on Mar 28 2018, 04:39 AM
Posted: Apr 5 2018, 09:02 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

here's a pic of something i made with a very recent purchase. i call this monstrosity Lemony Cricket.
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: unknown. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

i used my usual lemon cake recipe with 3/4 cup whole wheat flour and 1.5 cup white flour and made some small mods to the recipe. i took 1/4 cup of white flour and substituted it for 100% cricket flour. i took into account the reported taste and consistency cricket flour tends to have (google search) and it turned out rather well. Loblaws was selling cricket flour and i always wanted to try it.

on a more normal purchase, i got these at the book store today along with an order for Vol 1->5, and vol 8
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: unknown. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

This post has been edited by 207 on Apr 5 2018, 09:03 PM
umustwait101
Posted: Apr 5 2018, 10:25 PM

Osaka-kun

QUOTE (207 @ 1 hour, 23 minutes ago)
here's a pic of something i made with a very recent purchase. i call this monstrosity Lemony Cricket.
http://i64.tinypic.com/143m5cp.jpg

i used my usual lemon cake recipe with 3/4 cup whole wheat flour and 1.5 cup white flour and made some small mods to the recipe. i took 1/4 cup of white flour and substituted it for 100% cricket flour. i took into account the reported taste and consistency cricket flour tends to have (google search) and it turned out rather well. Loblaws was selling cricket flour and i always wanted to try it.

on a more normal purchase, i got these at the book store today along with an order for Vol 1->5, and vol 8
http://i63.tinypic.com/sgn71w.jpg

I don't know what to say, man.

I guess cooking skills is a lacking skill among car enthusiasts, so... you should be proud?

That cake does look good, and you seem to have a knack for cooking, so more power to ya. The anime seems out of place, but whatevs. Recent purchases. I guess its appropriate.
Posted: Apr 6 2018, 07:39 AM

Hiretsuna rōjin

QUOTE (umustwait101 @ 9 hours, 13 minutes ago)

I don't know what to say, man.

I guess cooking skills is a lacking skill among car enthusiasts, so... you should be proud?

That cake does look good, and you seem to have a knack for cooking, so more power to ya. The anime seems out of place, but whatevs. Recent purchases. I guess its appropriate.

thank you for the compliments. i dont go too crazy when i comes to cooking difficulty but i do experiment sometimes. the taste is pretty good, you get a bit of the earthy taste from the crickets but you can still taste the lemon very well. not the best lemon tasting cake i made but im happy with it.

as for the anime/manga, its a good purchase IMO. i loved the anime series and the series overall. i saw the anime long ago and just re-watched it, caught the bug from it and $160 purchase later i got that competed. still need to get atleast 16 more volumes when the rest come out but thats for later
umustwait101
Posted: Apr 6 2018, 07:22 PM

Osaka-kun

Cricket as in like the insect?
Posted: Apr 6 2018, 07:52 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

QUOTE (umustwait101 @ 30 minutes, 21 seconds ago)
Cricket as in like the insect?

yup, those very same crickets as in insects. cool.gif

they grind up dried/roasted?? crickets into a powder/flour after sifting out the larger parts ie wings etc. then you can use the flour as you please ie yogurt, smoothies, baking recipes and many other uses. its a alternative source of protein that is more resource efficient than mammal based proteins.
Nerubian
Posted: May 5 2018, 05:51 AM

Living in the woods when it's raining in the dark.

Member No.: 36,931

My first Initial D item ever.
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1041 x 781. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

Unfortunately, it's a bit warped but it plays fine.
Nerubian
Posted: May 12 2018, 06:12 AM

Living in the woods when it's raining in the dark.

Member No.: 36,931

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1032 x 774. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

I'm just posting this to boost my ego and post count.

375 Pages  « 368 369 370 371 372 »