Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 7 unique listeners, playing Lan Evo Gundan II

Views: 7,900  ·  Replies: 18 
> Official launch of radio.go2id.net
Perry
  Posted: Apr 16 2007, 01:00 AM

Like an eagle!
Group Icon

Group: SITE OWNER
Member No.: 1

We have a new addition to the site, everyone ! Introducing radio.go2id.net. It is an online radio station which uses SHOUTcast as its broadcast program. The radio station will play at least 12 hours of Initial D / Eurobeat music every day from 4:00 AM ~ 4:00 PM PST. The rest of the time will be devoted for DJ hosting. There will be music requesting and shoutouts depending on the DJ. This is the current DJ Schedule / Hours / Playlist.

To tune into the radio, simply click this link - http;//go2id.net:8000/listen.pls. You will need software like Winamp, Itunes, VLC Player.. etc to stream the content. The radio station currently stream at 96kbps, 44,100Hz in Stereo. We recommend having at least a DSL connection before tuning in, for smooth streaming. Tune in to listen to the Initial D World Radio Broadcast today. Remember to give us your feedback on our forums - https://idforums.net/index.php?showforum=58 and spread the words out. =)
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
BOZZ Savage
Posted: Apr 16 2007, 07:29 PM

ペンタックス

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 15,047

Great update Perry! I've been listening a lot and I like it, the only problem is that the DJs speak to softly so I have to turn up my volume when they start talking, then turn it back down again once the song comes back on.

I'm not sure if you can fix that in any other way than just having them speak louder, but if you could fix that it would be fantastic!
BOZZ
Posted: Apr 16 2007, 08:15 PM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Member No.: 1,414

Good job on having the web integrated music player on the site as well.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Apr 16 2007, 08:15 PM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

There is a way to "fix" it, and it has to deal with the volume settings in the broadcaster.

On the other hand, we could just speak more clearly. wink2.gif I'll keep it in mind for future broadcasts.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Möbius
Posted: Apr 16 2007, 08:41 PM

IDW Top Poster

Member No.: 3,524

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ Today at 12:15 AM)
There is a way to "fix" it, and it has to deal with the volume settings in the broadcaster.

On the other hand, we could just speak more clearly. wink2.gif I'll keep it in mind for future broadcasts.

You are pretty good in that respect and so is Dave. I don't have to turn the volume up and down. wink2.gif
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Godot
Posted: Apr 16 2007, 10:49 PM

Aka FC3SSavannaIII

Member No.: 17,363

Nice
Good Job now i can listen to Eurobeat all night long <3
nice one Perry
BOZZ
Posted: Apr 17 2007, 08:41 AM

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ Today at 12:15 AM)

I take it you are referring to the problem of sometimes not being able to hear what the DJs are saying? I wasn't sure if it was my sound card and speakers (I'm using on-board audio and 5.1 speakers) that was forcing me to turn the volume up considerably to hear the DJs and then back down for the music.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Apr 17 2007, 01:23 PM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

No, it's not your sound card. It takes some fiddling to get the volume settings right. See, there's the volume of the music, the volume of the music when the DJ is talking, and the volume of the DJ's mic (and the amount of time it takes to fade between full music and DJ talking). Getting a "perfect" adjustment for these takes fiddling is all.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
BOZZ
Posted: Apr 17 2007, 03:03 PM

Ah, I see, and now when you meant broadcaster, I take it's on Perry's side or the DJ's side of things?
Möbius
Posted: Apr 17 2007, 04:08 PM

IDW Top Poster

Member No.: 3,524

QUOTE (BOZZ @ Today at 7:03 PM)
Ah, I see, and now when you meant broadcaster, I take it's on Perry's side or the DJ's side of things?

The DJ's compy's sound settings.
Takumi Trueno
Posted: Apr 17 2007, 04:37 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 2,098

Everything is working very smoothly for the radio. Integrating it on the top is also a very nice feature.

Great job Perry.
THE*D
Posted: Apr 17 2007, 09:41 PM

IDW God Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,982

very nice work with the station
listening to it right now
WOOOOOOOOOOOO
Dj Shithead is on

This post has been edited by THE*D on Apr 17 2007, 09:41 PM
FD3SDriver26
Posted: Apr 29 2007, 12:26 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 24,225

oh my god i can't belive you did it you have made a radio station now i don't have to download anymore grin2.gif you rock perry

peace out yo thanks again.
Ben
Posted: May 8 2007, 05:32 AM

BENNY

Member No.: 4,375

This thing is on 24/7. Love Perry, Love.
s12drifter
Posted: May 8 2007, 11:45 AM

The Lulz Boat

Member No.: 23,696

wow very cool perry now we finaly got our own little radio station (take that other forums).
Alex
Posted: May 8 2007, 03:10 PM

OG Member

Member No.: 111

QUOTE (s12drifter @ Today at 3:45 PM)
wow very cool perry now we finaly got our own little radio station (take that other forums).

You're not JUST now learning about this, are you?
s12drifter
Posted: May 8 2007, 06:12 PM

The Lulz Boat

Member No.: 23,696

not really i've knew about it since for some time also how do you make request do you pm the D'J???

EDIT i saw the theard and i just wanted to say that the radio station is cool most other forums don't have this well the one's i've been to don't.

This post has been edited by s12drifter on May 8 2007, 06:14 PM
Max911
Posted: May 24 2007, 01:30 PM

O snap!

Member No.: 22,739

Sorry for the bump, but I was just wondering. Can you do a radio where you can watch videos instead of listening to music?
Perry
  Posted: May 24 2007, 01:39 PM

Like an eagle!
Group Icon

Group: SITE OWNER
Member No.: 1

QUOTE (Max911 @ Today at 2:30 PM)
Sorry for the bump, but I was just wondering. Can you do a radio where you can watch videos instead of listening to music?

Live video feed is too much to handle for the server. I'd imagine it requires at least 512kbits/s to get a relatively clean picture for each person. The fact that we need 32 of these connections mean it'd require at least 15Mbit of bandwidth to keep it running at its peak time. We will not and can not do that due to the massive amount of bandwidth it consumes.

Besides, live video feed is not possible unless the DJs have 1.5Mbit or higher upstream. Most people don't have that kind of upload speed. Technically speaking, live video feed is still relatively new to the Internet. The only practical example I can think of off the top of my head is net meeting or webcam conference. Trust me, the quality is just enough so that you can barely recognize people's facial expressions.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project