Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing Tabidachi

Important Rules
1 2 3 4
Initial D Latest News
  • Initial D Fifth Stage has ended with 14 episodes. [confirmed]
  • A theatrical version of Initial D is confirmed for release in August 2014. [Official Thread]
  • UPDATES : Animax has confirmed that Final Stage will be available on its subscription-based VOD (Video On Demand) service starting May 16th, 2014. It will continue where Fifth Stage left off. Consist of a total of four episodes, Final Stage will be focusing on the long-awaited final 86 vs 86 battle between Takumi and Shinji. [confirmed]
  • UPDATES : Avex has confirmed that the New Initial D The Movie will be a trilogy. First part of the trilogy is called Legend 1 -Awakening- slated for release in theaters on August 23rd, 2014 (Japan Only) [confirmed]

Please Follow These Rules
  • Please use the spoiler tag when posting content not yet covered by anime. Violator will be issued an actual warning.
  • Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
  • Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
  • Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 9,634  ·  Replies: 24 
> My version of the ultimate ID package, After much consideration... Torrent links'll be here.
fujito10
  Posted: Oct 23 2017, 07:40 PM

IDW Expert Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 47,812

I'm thinking of making torrents for First to Fourth Stages in the highest quality possible, and yes, I'm afraid I'll use the Japanese BD rips. Anyway, what's included in the package...

-JP Bluray video for each episode
-Original JP dub (with a few alterations to better time some lines of dialogue)
-Funimation English dub
-I'm also thinking of including the "Forbidden Dub" as a little bonus, edited to match the length of each episode (know what I mean when I say "Forbidden Dub"?).
-Subtitles (obviously)
-And it's likely I'll make an English audio track for both Battle Stages. With subtitles. Props to Nomake Wan and Yorky for the translation; could I use your translations as the basis for the subtitles? I'll credit you guys.
-Possible I'll make First and Second Stage's last episode ending scenes as textless as possible (I didn't like Funi's credit squeeze).

EDIT: First Stage is now on Nyaa and Mega!
New Torrent: https://nyaa.si/view/1088573
DDL: https://mega.nz/#F!bLAmwQ5B!EgXgsryMcC8ZAhPu5JBusw

This post has been edited by fujito10 on Oct 27 2018, 10:45 AM
alex1287
Posted: Oct 24 2017, 01:05 AM

OVER 9000!

Member No.: 38,532

You have Pit 1&2 or french release bd?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
fujito10
  Posted: Oct 24 2017, 04:48 AM

IDW Expert Member

QUOTE (alex1287 @ 3 hours, 42 minutes ago)
You have Pit 1&2 or french release bd?

No Pit 2, but I do have Pit 1.
alex1287
Posted: Oct 24 2017, 06:01 AM

OVER 9000!

Member No.: 38,532

QUOTE (fujito10 @ 1 hour, 13 minutes ago)
No Pit 2, but I do have Pit 1.

Ahaa, I think you have. I can't wait for your project wink2.gif
Nomake Wan
Posted: Oct 24 2017, 12:25 PM

ShiMACHaze

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 5,394

QUOTE (fujito10 @ Yesterday, 7:40 PM)
-And it's likely I'll make an English audio track for both Battle Stages. With subtitles. Props to Nomake Wan and Yorky for the translation; could I use your translations as the basis for the subtitles? I'll credit you guys.

Yorky did the typesetting (thanks to him--typesetting SUCKS!), I did the TL. It's totally fine by me if you use it, and I can even do you one better and give you the actual subtitle file. I still have it, and was considering doing a v2 softsub release if a BD rip ever came out. If you have BDs then it's fine by me.

Let me go through the subs and fix some errors I didn't catch the first time around and then send you a PM. I've learned a lot more Japanese since I did Battle Stage, so. whistling.gif
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
fujito10
  Posted: Oct 24 2017, 12:34 PM

IDW Expert Member

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 8 minutes, 35 seconds ago)
Yorky did the typesetting (thanks to him--typesetting SUCKS!), I did the TL. It's totally fine by me if you use it, and I can even do you one better and give you the actual subtitle file. I still have it, and was considering doing a v2 softsub release if a BD rip ever came out. If you have BDs then it's fine by me.

Let me go through the subs and fix some errors I didn't catch the first time around and then send you a PM. I've learned a lot more Japanese since I did Battle Stage, so. whistling.gif

Oooh, a V2 translation sounds wondeful!
fujito10
  Posted: Jan 13 2018, 02:02 PM

IDW Expert Member

First Stage Episode 26's credits sequence is now (mostly) textless! Tried to find the footage from each ep. that'd work best according to the original's arrangement. Some clips in the original were never released without text, so there were some improvisations. Anyways, download and enjoy! What do you think?

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/13FC...xKOhg-Ez9IMC0Fm
fujito10
  Posted: Sep 15 2018, 05:07 PM

IDW Expert Member

So far, my First Stage set's mostly ready, except with some episodes in the TP dub in need of re-syncing.
fujito10
  Posted: Oct 10 2018, 11:27 AM

IDW Expert Member

I have First Stage on Mega, in case Nyaa might be too slow for some people. Don't worry, there'll be Nyaa links. I just gotta get 'em all set, ya know? XD
Nomake Wan
Posted: Oct 10 2018, 06:31 PM

ShiMACHaze

I would suggest investing in a seedbox, or putting the Mega links up in advance so that people can seed in addition to you.

You've probably already thought of both of these, but just in case, putting it out there.
fujito10
  Posted: Oct 19 2018, 02:36 PM

IDW Expert Member

Huh. I never thought of that. Good tip, though. wink2.gif
hackgrid
Posted: Oct 21 2018, 12:26 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 16,046

Unfortunately I lost all of my anime files.

My favourite version of Initial D was some old broadcast recording with ugly yellow hardsubs. I guess nobody has this version anymore? biggrin.gif

Which version should I get for the whole series?

Is your new release the best yet?
I thought the bluray releases were worse than old dvd releases, because the upscale was not good?

Or am I confusing things?

Thanks for your help! :-)
fujito10
  Posted: Oct 21 2018, 05:35 PM

IDW Expert Member

QUOTE (hackgrid @ 5 hours, 8 minutes ago)
Unfortunately I lost all of my anime files.

My favourite version of Initial D was some old broadcast recording with ugly yellow hardsubs. I guess nobody has this version anymore? biggrin.gif

Which version should I get for the whole series?

Is your new release the best yet?
I thought the bluray releases were worse than old dvd releases, because the upscale was not good?

Or am I confusing things?

Thanks for your help! :-)

Well, those crappy yellow subtitles were used for the old translations for the show; to my knowledge, this URL has the translations based off those yellow subtitles, but slightly more polished.
https://wiki2.org/en/List_of_Initial_D_epis...st%20Stage%2001

Now, my release mainly used the Pit 1 video because, at the time, I was desperate for a high quality version of Initial D, and this was before knowing about AVISynth. Avex's remastering process was... not executed as well as many of us expected, to say the least. But this torrent has subtitles that combine elements of the "yellow subs" and Funimation's translations. And taking a few cues from the Battle Stage release. (Thank NomakeWan for those.)

Also, this torrent features all four audio tracks known to us in the English-speaking world, unlike most ID torrents:
-The old JP 5.1 track (found on the Tokyopop DVDs and the Funimation DVDs)
-The native BD track (I would have this as the default track, but I didn't want people to suffer a fuzzy track upon clicking)
-The Funimation dub (it only makes sense to add their dub to this release)
-And the Tokyopop dub (mainly added this for a number of reasons, but one of them includes wanting this one to stand out from the rest of the ID torrents, which either contain only the JP dub, or that dub along with Funimation's).

Also, the audio files included are uncompressed, so you get the best sound, to my knowledge. I mean, I'm still new to audio and video, but I'd certainly recommend giving this torrent a try. Just for my corrected subtitles and audio tracks. Plus the Tokyopop outtakes. At least download THOSE.

This post has been edited by fujito10 on Oct 21 2018, 05:56 PM
Nomake Wan
Posted: Oct 21 2018, 10:48 PM

ShiMACHaze

You fell into a pretty common pitfall with DDL/Torrent pairs, which is that the contents of the DDL do not match the contents of the torrent. This is why it's critical, especially with a release that's 40GB, to have file hashes on the critical components. While a bonus music track not matching up isn't critical, it's kind of sad when one of the actual episodes doesn't match:

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 939 x 708. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

Additionally, you forgot to include "Ep. 26 Ending.mkv" in the DDL, the album art from the "Other songs" folder (which in turn corrupts Mike Hammer's "Divine" once the torrent is loaded), Kiseki no Bara doesn't match between the torrent and DDL and neither does Rage Your Dream.

Proper hashing of your files can at least warn you in advance, as can creating the torrent and uploading it BEFORE creating your Mega version. Or at least remembering when you've made changes so that you can update the DDL accordingly.

In short, I tried to seed for you, but the DDL doesn't match the torrent so I can't.
fujito10
  Posted: Oct 22 2018, 08:35 AM

IDW Expert Member

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 9 hours, 46 minutes ago)
You fell into a pretty common pitfall with DDL/Torrent pairs, which is that the contents of the DDL do not match the contents of the torrent. This is why it's critical, especially with a release that's 40GB, to have file hashes on the critical components. While a bonus music track not matching up isn't critical, it's kind of sad when one of the actual episodes doesn't match:

https://i.imgur.com/hWcU3XA.jpg

Additionally, you forgot to include "Ep. 26 Ending.mkv" in the DDL, the album art from the "Other songs" folder (which in turn corrupts Mike Hammer's "Divine" once the torrent is loaded), Kiseki no Bara doesn't match between the torrent and DDL and neither does Rage Your Dream.

Proper hashing of your files can at least warn you in advance, as can creating the torrent and uploading it BEFORE creating your Mega version. Or at least remembering when you've made changes so that you can update the DDL accordingly.

In short, I tried to seed for you, but the DDL doesn't match the torrent so I can't.

Oh... ^^; How embarrassing of me. I'll make a V2 of it when I get back home from college on Thursday. One question, though: to add the album art, you'd have to extract it from the MP3 file itself, right?

This post has been edited by fujito10 on Oct 22 2018, 08:44 AM
Nomake Wan
Posted: Oct 22 2018, 10:29 AM

ShiMACHaze

What are you talking about? You're the one who made the torrent. In the torrent there is album art data which does not exist in the DDL.

Get your shit together.
hackgrid
Posted: Oct 22 2018, 11:01 AM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 16,046

Thanks for the long explanation!

I got the DarkDream787 on nyaa and your version.
I like the video of your version better, because it has the japanese intro text laugh2.gif

@Nomake Wan: Which release do you recommend? What do you think is the best version?
fujito10
  Posted: Oct 22 2018, 11:09 AM

IDW Expert Member

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 40 minutes, 0 seconds ago)
What are you talking about? You're the one who made the torrent. In the torrent there is album art data which does not exist in the DDL.

Get your shit together.

Oh, right. tongue.gif That explains a great deal.

This post has been edited by fujito10 on Oct 22 2018, 11:21 AM
Nomake Wan
Posted: Oct 22 2018, 06:02 PM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (hackgrid @ 7 hours, 0 minutes ago)
@Nomake Wan: Which release do you recommend? What do you think is the best version?

I haven't had a chance to really flip through OP's version yet--and probably won't until the weekend--but I would guess he's probably done a good job of things. I personally find the blurays to be horrible and as such see no problem with just having nice, crisp DVDs where decent bluray source material does not exist, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Some people might like the blurays for First Stage. I personally do not.
fujito10
  Posted: Oct 26 2018, 10:21 AM

IDW Expert Member

Currently working on a better version of this torrent/DDL pair.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Oct 26 2018, 09:26 PM

ShiMACHaze

...you're not going to throw away 42GB worth of data for 0.5% of the torrent that doesn't match, are you...? blink.gif
fujito10
  Posted: Oct 27 2018, 10:49 AM

IDW Expert Member

Fixed now. biggrin.gif
Nomake Wan
Posted: Oct 27 2018, 12:34 PM

ShiMACHaze

EDIT: Figured it out, folder name changed between torrents. Okay, it matches up this time. YEET

This post has been edited by Nomake Wan on Oct 27 2018, 12:36 PM
idforumsBMN
Posted: Oct 27 2018, 02:21 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 35,496

Can you upload some screenshots?
fujito10
  Posted: Oct 27 2018, 02:52 PM

IDW Expert Member