Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 7 unique listeners, playing Michiko Neya & Yumi Kakazu - Impact BLUE

Anime and Manga Forum Rules
• Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
• Use the Search function or read the Index of All Threads before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal or actual warning (if this rule is violated repeatedly).
• Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.
• Discussion of yaoi/yuri is permitted, however, posting any sexual content and material is strictly prohibited and will result in an actual warning.
• Please use spoiler tags when addressing a spoiler. Violating this rule may earn you a verbal warning. Please read this thread for more information on how to use spoiler tags.
• Please ensure that when posting images that the images are at a reasonable resolution (i.e. 640 x 480 and below) or that you use a thumbnail to link to the original sized image.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

33 Pages  1 2 3 4 5 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 220,034  ·  Replies: 824 
> So what anime are you currently watching?
Nomake Wan
Posted: Oct 23 2012, 03:24 AM

ShiMACHaze

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 5,394

Just watched SakuraPet (Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo) yesterday and within a single episode confirmed it for regular watching. It didn't even take two episodes to decide, let alone three. I should've been watching it already! I haven't seen episode 3 yet--waiting on some people to watch it with--but I absolutely love the series. The MC's reactions are hilarious to listen to. I can't help but feel he'd make a great pair with Satoshi Hino. They could suffer together. laugh2.gif
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
r3d$unz
Posted: Oct 23 2012, 06:25 AM

GRRRR...YO! Apachai daio~!!

Member No.: 1,533

^ Ah those are a rarity, I might check it out if it made you decide it was a follow after just 1 episode!

Watched the second episode of Robotics: Notes last night and I think I might follow it through to the end. My list is beginning to really grow:

- Psycho: Pass
- SAO
- Chuunibyo
- K
- Exion Saga: DT

Not to mention Super Sentai and Tokusatsu. Ugh...where do I find the time...
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
kou yuuzhen
Posted: Oct 23 2012, 11:16 PM

Point Guard

Member No.: 33,736

I'm out of new episodes to watch in this week, since most of the titles I'm following come out on weekends. That is to say, I'm extremely busy on weekends and Mondays. happy.gif Some don't get subbed until Tuesdays though.

So my list goes something like this, in no particular order:
Code Breaker
JoJo's Bizarre Adventures
Sukitte Iinayo
Btooom
Zetsuen no Tempest
Kingdom (running from last season)

And to think that this is my final semester, and I'm supposed to study like crazy. laugh2.gif
r3d$unz
Posted: Oct 24 2012, 11:31 AM

GRRRR...YO! Apachai daio~!!

Member No.: 1,533

Totally forgot about Code: Breaker, I'm liking that too, and with Stage 5 just over a week away, my anime plate is pretty damn full...
Tuskano
Posted: Oct 25 2012, 04:39 AM

IDW Supremo Member

Member No.: 38,740

CAPETA!!!!! Oh what an awesome ending to that anime. Just finished it like...5 minutes ago and wished it continued.
kou yuuzhen
Posted: Oct 29 2012, 01:00 AM

Point Guard

Btooom is fast becoming my favourite too.

Episode 4:
SPOILER

Now that the first few episodes are out, I think I'm only going to follow three series from this season, due to my busy schedule. Btoom, Jojo and Code Breaker. The rest are quite promising, but I shall wait for all the episodes to be out and watch them one-shot. I'm too occupied with school right now.
SgtXDNX
Posted: Oct 29 2012, 02:58 AM

Goddamn Electric

Member No.: 23,073

QUOTE (kou yuuzhen @ 1 hour, 56 minutes ago)

Episode 4:
SPOILER

SPOILER
AsakuraZ
Posted: Oct 30 2012, 07:19 PM

IDW Full Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,858

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure! I got into the manga a few years back and spent many nights steamrolling chapters to get caught up to the current series.

The anime ver. is really well done, and I like the manga feel they attempt to recreate within the show.
Tuskano
Posted: Oct 31 2012, 01:58 AM

IDW Supremo Member

I found and am watching Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai. First episode was pretty good... so now I have decided to watch the rest of it.
kazahana
Posted: Oct 31 2012, 05:58 AM

IDW's Resident Yoyoer

Member No.: 21,778

Muv-Luv: Total Eclipse
Chuunibyou

About to watch something else, maybe K-On!!, or School Rumble, or Evangelion.

Also ID5 when it's out.
RedsunsF1
Posted: Nov 13 2012, 09:29 AM

Nasa UT | FF FK8

Member No.: 38,401

Currently watching Chrono crusade all over again and Initial D stage 5. Been busy watching American horror story and The walking dead.
Tuskano
Posted: Nov 16 2012, 11:22 PM

IDW Supremo Member

Not a anime series, but if you get to watch the movie "Summer Wars" it's a good one. It's about a virtual world called OZ and a virus. It's directed by the same guy, Mamoru Hosoda, who directed "The Girl who Leapt Through Time".
NinjaMR-2
Posted: Nov 17 2012, 06:05 AM

Shmuck

Group: Members
Member No.: 39,467

stage 5 makes me cry tears of joy crying2.gif laugh2.gif

This post has been edited by NinjaMR-2 on Nov 17 2012, 06:06 AM
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Nov 17 2012, 06:08 AM

Patient Zero

Member No.: 37,947

Ah yes, Sumner Wars is a good one, yes it is. If I remember correctly, there's an FC in there driven by one of the main cast because the voice actor was also the voice behind Ryosuke Takahashi. I'll have to check on that though.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]

This post has been edited by THE_HONDA_CG2 on Nov 17 2012, 06:08 AM
Chidoki
Posted: Nov 17 2012, 10:56 AM

Fictional Compiler

Member No.: 3,699

QUOTE (THE_HONDA_CG2 @ 4 hours, 47 minutes ago)
Ah yes, Sumner Wars is a good one, yes it is. If I remember correctly, there's an FC in there driven by one of the main cast because the voice actor was also the voice behind Ryosuke Takahashi. I'll have to check on that though.

FC? It is the FD that is ironically colored white so that you don't have to check.
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Nov 17 2012, 05:21 PM

Patient Zero

QUOTE (Chidoki @ 6 hours, 24 minutes ago)
FC?  It is the FD that is ironically colored white so that you don't have to check.

THERE WE GO! Thanks for confirming that for me. I just remember that part of the movie because... well yeah. I thought that was the funny part. How could I forget it was a white FD... That's my car yo. laugh.gif

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Tuskano
Posted: Nov 17 2012, 08:03 PM

IDW Supremo Member

It's white... but I am not seeing any connection with the names. The guy who played the owner of the FC (a Policman) in Summer Wars is Yutaka Shimizu. He doesn't have a wiki and is not listed in the Initial D list of characters.
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Nov 17 2012, 08:29 PM

Patient Zero

Well I don't have the movie to rewatch on hand right now, but pursuing though the threads, I found almost exactly what I was looking for! Totally in this post! I also vividly remember this scene too. Yeah, I need to watch this movie again along with The Girl Who Leapt Through Time.

J. Michael Tatum is the voice actor for Wabisuke Jinnouchi in Summer Wars and Ryosuke Takahashi. Sorry for the mix up, I was referring to the English dub since that is the version that I first watched. I think they did a good job with the dub, so if you haven't seen it yet, and you have the time; check it out. smile.gif

This post has been edited by THE_HONDA_CG2 on Nov 17 2012, 08:33 PM
Tuskano
Posted: Nov 17 2012, 08:48 PM

IDW Supremo Member

AH! No, I have just been watching the subs. Though I did watch the Girl Who Leapt through time last night dubbed.

So that's what you meant. Good find biggrin.gif
Chidoki
Posted: Nov 18 2012, 01:24 AM

Fictional Compiler

Member No.: 3,699

Another irony of me watching all the funimation dub of Initial D Stage 1 to 4 since 5th Stage started.
Tuskano
Posted: Nov 20 2012, 03:45 AM

IDW Supremo Member

Well, after Summer Wars, I decided to look at other movies on youtube and eventually got to watching all the 130 minutes of Bonjour Galaxy Express 999. For a anime made in 1979, it was pretty alright. Although some parts were just entertaining to watch. I might go into the next movie, Adieu Galaxy Express 999 just to see the older Tetsuro tongue.gif.
kou yuuzhen
Posted: Nov 20 2012, 05:40 AM

Point Guard

Summer Wars was surprisingly good for me, although it has been some time since I watched it so I don't remember much details. But yeah, I do like the uncle.
Posted: Nov 20 2012, 12:56 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

Member No.: 16,670

im currently watching
-Sasakurou
Tonari no Kabutsu
Chou Soku Henkei Gyrozetter (for the cars though the story itself is decent)
Seitokai No Ichizon v2
Blues
Posted: Nov 23 2012, 05:56 AM

Silent Hero

Member No.: 15,805

I just finished watching Clannad and Rosario x Vampire(I like the manga a little more.) before that.

Right now I'm watching Fate/Zero and Fractale.

THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Nov 23 2012, 10:24 PM

Patient Zero

It's all Tuskano's fault! I watched Summer Wars today. And before that The Girl Who Lept Through Time and Triguns: Badlands Rumble. Probably the most random selection of movies ever, but that was on the top of my watch pile and I wanted to get them out of the way. I'm going to see if I can pick up both of the Eden of the East movies soon to watch those again. Gosh, I love that series. While I'm at it I guess I might rewatch Baccano! for the third time. tongue.gif

33 Pages  1 2 3 4 5 »