Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 3 unique listeners, playing Manuel - What You Need

Important Rules
• Please do NOT post knowingly false information. Violators will be issued an actual warning.
• Please do NOT copy and paste articles from other websites. Link and short description is ok, but please do not copy and paste pages of info. Violator will be issued a verbal warning.
• Do NOT post any torrents and/or links to pirated copies of software here. Violator will be issued a verbal warning.
• Discussions about illegal materials such as ROMs, WAREZ and methods of copying copyrighted materials are not encouraged in this subforum.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

2 Pages  1 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 9,922  ·  Replies: 43 
> Vlogging Questions
Sensation!
Posted: Feb 22 2016, 09:32 PM

As expected of country grown vegetables
Group Icon

Group: Special Snowflake
Member No.: 19,520

The film industry finds 24fps to be the most natural for our eyes.

I have no idea how they came to that conclusion.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Feb 22 2016, 09:37 PM

ShiMACHaze

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 5,394

Xiao you idiot, blurays are 24FPS. I guarantee you that frame rate is actually 23.976 if you use mediainfo to check instead of shitty Windows.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
xiao
  Posted: Feb 22 2016, 10:08 PM

moon bunny

Group: XIAO
Member No.: 13,323

laugh.gif

Now I want my anime/Star Wars/TV shows at 100 frames per second GODDAMMIT!!!1

YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQxUu6YqyuE )

YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZzTpjh-NsQ )

XD!!
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Takumi Trueno
  Posted: Feb 22 2016, 11:55 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 2,098

So I checked the raw file from my camera. It turns out the videos were 1080p but in 30fps. Thats odd since it says it was filming in 60fps.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Feb 23 2016, 12:14 AM

ShiMACHaze

Well then there's your problem, yeah. Dunno what to tell ya other than make sure the setting in Settings->Photos&Camera->Record Video is correct and then go shoot a new test file. Do you have enough free space on the phone to record 1080@60?

This post has been edited by Nomake Wan on Feb 23 2016, 12:15 AM
xiao
Posted: Feb 23 2016, 12:23 AM

moon bunny

QUOTE (Takumi Trueno)
So I checked the raw file from my camera. It turns out the videos were 1080p but in 30fps.  Thats odd since it says it was filming in 60fps.

Do a system update on the phone, then like N1 mentioned, manually set the settings to record at 60fps... hopefully that'll solve any hiccup it might of had! happy.gif

--- ---

Also relevant to the thread, especially for us not very savy into the PC gaming world like Falberu and Sushi... these videos might be of interest:
(Don't view them on the embedded player, go to the actual YouTube page)

120 frames per second - click 1080p60 then set the video speed X2:

YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1HaLYMHXtM )

60fps vs 30fps:

YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKcB-an2eiM )
Nomake Wan
Posted: Feb 23 2016, 09:29 AM

ShiMACHaze

God dammit Xiao this is an iPhone not a shitty Android. 'System Update' isn't the answer. I bet he's already up to date anyway.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
xiao
Posted: Feb 23 2016, 11:35 PM

moon bunny

QUOTE (Nomake Wan)
God dammit Xiao this is an iPhone not a shitty Android. 'System Update' isn't the answer. I bet he's already up to date anyway.

Actually the answer for fixing any Android is using it as a coaster as it's original purpose it was intended for. laugh.gif

I gotta go to BestButt & try out the iPhone... I might actually like it if it doesn't lag to high hell like my 600 dollar HTC brick.

In a nut-shell what's the difference between the regular 6 and the Plus you have, any difference in speed, CPU, RAM, camera quality/lag?? Or is it just a size in inches and memory storage difference? Should I just wait for the 7?

According to Samsung reps at BurstBuy, the S7 Edge is leaps and bounds above my M9... so I'm currently shopping around... wanna try out a Canon DSLR as well; nothing beats the large sensor of a pro-cam after all, but yeps, it's about that time I start shopping around for a new phone~ biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by xiao on Feb 23 2016, 11:38 PM
Nomake Wan
Posted: Feb 24 2016, 01:09 AM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (xiao @ 1 hour, 33 minutes ago)
In a nut-shell what's the difference between the regular 6 and the Plus you have, any difference in speed, CPU, RAM, camera quality/lag?? Or is it just a size in inches and memory storage difference? Should I just wait for the 7?

Between the 6S/6S+ the only difference is screen size, screen resolution, and that the main camera has optical image stabilization. Well and of course the battery due to the size. Everything else is identical.

You can wait for the 7 if you want. I'm on an upgrade plan so basically I just get the newest whenever.
xiao
Posted: Feb 24 2016, 02:34 AM

moon bunny

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 1 hour, 24 minutes ago)
Between the 6S/6S+ the only difference is screen size, screen resolution, and that the main camera has optical image stabilization. Well and of course the battery due to the size. Everything else is identical.

You can wait for the 7 if you want. I'm on an upgrade plan so basically I just get the newest whenever.

Will go to BB tomorrow and tinker with the Plus just to get the feel of what I'm in for... if I like it compared to Android, I'll wait for the 7. Also need to test out Windooze Phone's OS... though according to every tech blog, it's just Android except unnecessarily complicated? xD

7 looks promising~ ohmy.gif
Takumi Trueno
  Posted: Feb 25 2016, 11:31 PM

IDW Goldmember

Thanks for the help guys, maybe I need to look into getting a DSLR or camcorder.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Feb 26 2016, 08:13 AM

ShiMACHaze

Equipment is not the answer if you haven't even started. You have plenty decent equipment at your disposal already. Don't spend several hundred dollars on equipment before you have any performance technique down. Figure out what you're going to vlog about. Figure out how you're going to do it, as in what your personality is going to be and how you're going to segment things (if you are).

I'd say you have a lot of thinking to do in terms of your acting and what the show is actually going to be about waaaaaay before it comes time to purchase new hardware. Do cinematography with what you've got. Get your techniques down. If after you've got your personality pat and your editing down you still think you're missing something, then pour more research into hardware and consider dropping money. Not before.

But hey, that's just my opinion, man.
Sensation!
Posted: Feb 26 2016, 09:09 AM

Group Icon

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 56 minutes, 14 seconds ago)
Equipment is not the answer if you haven't even started. You have plenty decent equipment at your disposal already. Don't spend several hundred dollars on equipment before you have any performance technique down. Figure out what you're going to vlog about. Figure out how you're going to do it, as in what your personality is going to be and how you're going to segment things (if you are).

I'd say you have a lot of thinking to do in terms of your acting and what the show is actually going to be about waaaaaay before it comes time to purchase new hardware. Do cinematography with what you've got. Get your techniques down. If after you've got your personality pat and your editing down you still think you're missing something, then pour more research into hardware and consider dropping money. Not before.

But hey, that's just my opinion, man.

This.
Seriously take this advice.

No point in buying expensive equipment if you lack the skills. See my original post.
Not to mention, you lack the software for post processing too. Good equipment alone isn't going to get you to topple 100k+ followers consistently.
xiao
Posted: Feb 26 2016, 11:13 AM

moon bunny

QUOTE (Sensation! @ 2 hours, 3 minutes ago)
This.
Seriously take this advice.

No point in buying expensive equipment if you lack the skills. See my original post.
Not to mention, you lack the software for post processing too. Good equipment alone isn't going to get you to topple 100k+ followers consistently.

And speaking of software, here's a comparison video I found really useful:

YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHHEQMdJdiA )
Nomake Wan
Posted: Feb 26 2016, 01:02 PM

ShiMACHaze

That's just Adobe-film-production-product versus Adobe-effects-production-product. How about a video that actually goes over different choices for tools. Such as...you know, products not made by Adobe? laugh2.gif
xiao
Posted: Feb 26 2016, 01:20 PM

moon bunny

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 16 minutes, 14 seconds ago)
That's just Adobe-film-production-product versus Adobe-effects-production-product. How about a video that actually goes over different choices for tools. Such as...you know, products not made by Adobe? laugh2.gif

True dat, I really hate Adoobie and their overpriced ones & zeroes... although there ain't much difference between Premiere & Vegas 'sides the price tho~ turned.gif

YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuQKJNFoEko )
Takumi Trueno
  Posted: Feb 27 2016, 11:04 AM

IDW Goldmember

Dont worry guys I am seriously taking your advice.
Maybe ill see what I can do with my iPhone 6s and work from there, but I eventually want to do night shoots which I know I just cant do with any camera. But thats for later I suppose.
xiao
Posted: Feb 27 2016, 11:15 AM

moon bunny

QUOTE (Takumi Trueno @ 10 minutes, 48 seconds ago)
Dont worry guys I am seriously taking your advice.
Maybe ill see what I can do with my iPhone 6s and work from there, but I eventually want to do night shoots which I know I just cant do with any camera. But thats for later I suppose.

Keep us posted man~ NorCal has uber-lots of magical-jigowatts. I've only been to SF and Sacramento, but I hear Palo, San Jose, and pretty much every place has it's little spots. If you ever head close to the ocean, I'd love to see the 86 near the bay~ <3
Sensation!
Posted: Feb 27 2016, 12:55 PM

Group Icon

QUOTE (Takumi Trueno @ 1 hour, 50 minutes ago)
but I eventually want to do night shoots which I know I just cant do with any camera. But thats for later I suppose.

That's scary stuff indeed.
I think even my boss would be afraid of what that would entail.

In fact, even Hollywood filmakers are afraid of the dark haha, that's why they have those nighttime filters. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Day_for_night

That said, some people can do it without editing tricks. Just need the right area and the right set of skills + equipment, it's certainly way above what an amateur like me would be able to do.

This post has been edited by Sensation! on Feb 27 2016, 01:00 PM

2 Pages  1 2